TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

shipper from Canada East Coast to Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 19>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2017 at 3:07pm
Awesome but not 100% awesome by the sounds of it. Hope you get it all sorted out. They are historic photo's though. THE FIRST SC/360 EVER on Australian soil :-)

Cant wait to see it in the metal one day. Hope I can be on the lighter side and say if you do bring it down for the show we will park the bad side against the fence, sight unseen

Hope you get it all sorted mate and keep us up to date

Jason :-)

Edited by 70Hornet - Feb/13/2017 at 5:10pm
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2017 at 10:30pm
Yes Jason, Bitter sweet moment.
Excited to have the car here but the damage has been a hard pill to swallow.
Car rolled off the back of a tilt tray when unloading, as it was being moved between terminals in Antwerp, Belguim. trucker did not have in park, so when the blocks of timber were pulled away the car just went whoosh down the slope and off the side of the ramps. not really going to know full extent of damage till I get it up on the hoist. Hopefully no more surprises underneath ? Can't be driven as Radiator is damaged and split, oil lines to Tranny cooler are also crushed and severed. Quite a bit of other low down panel damage as well.
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2017 at 10:34pm

Front valance totalled ............
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2017 at 10:55pm
Nasty.
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2017 at 1:30am
Wow that looks bad....  what a shame..... 
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2017 at 3:56am
I have a second hand one of them lower sections (inner and outer) that was cut off a car. The inner panel is perfect ie no rust etc but the bit you see is a little bent and I found a NOS one for mine. Private message me your number if you want and I can send a pic or I might send pic to Western red and he can put it up here if you are interested. You can have it, freebie, but not sure how to get it to you. Although the bloke over the road is a truckie so I might be able to think up a plan :-)
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2017 at 5:39pm
Thanks Jason, I would be very interested.
I think the inner panel on mine is very bent as well, although I am not really sure what I am looking at ? Lots of things bent ..........

Would love to see a pic and show to panel shops to see if ok to repair.

my email is      cyclonecraigie@gmail.com

If I can use it, I would be happy to pay for shipping etc or we can do a deal with your truckie ?

Appreciate the offers of help.
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2017 at 10:27pm
Well 5 weeks on since my last post and sadly nothing more has been progressed with the Insurance.

I got my quotes and estimates together and sent off the claim to the Insurance Dept, attached to the shipping broker.
We are now into the 3rd week they have had it and I have not had anything back from them as to what is happening ?

I feel I am being poorly treated but not sure what I can do ? They did not answer my last email asking for an update. My frustration is starting to boil over ................
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2017 at 11:22pm
Sadly, I think that is pretty normal for this sort of thing.
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2017 at 2:30am
and another week goes by without a word from the Insurance ............. another request for an update on my claim has been ignored ! Piss Poor service !! I am now thinking its time to bring in some legal help ?
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 19>
  Share Topic