TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

shipper from Canada East Coast to Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shipper from Canada East Coast to Australia
    Posted: Jul/10/2016 at 10:05pm
Hi,

I am in negotiation for the car of my Dreams.

It's in Nova Scotia, Canada and I need to ultimately ship it down to Brisbane Australia.

Can someone recommend a company that can look after this ?

I am told that it becomes very expensive and complicated to try and get a car back to the States to ship from there.
My usual shipper in North Carolina has passed up the opportunity and can't help me :(

Thanks,

Craig

Craig Stewart
BRISBANE
AUSTRALIA
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
AMCAMX390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2016 at 3:47am
Four years when I bought my AMX I used a company called Schumacher Cargo Logistics who have an office in New York.
I had to get it from Las Vegas to Los Angeles which cost $400USD.
Schumacher provided good service.

Allan Briggs

What is your dream car?
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2016 at 4:21am
See if you can get in touch with Doug, "AMX NZ" on here, he is from Canada and shipped his cars from there out to NZ, he might have some ideas.
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2016 at 10:08pm
Thanks guys !! Appreciate your help.

The car is a genuine 1971 SC/360 Hornet.

I have been emailing a guy in the States named Steve Magee who does vehicle inspections, but has many contacts in various areas of car transport and import/export of them. He has found me a shipper that can get the Hornet from Halifax in Nova Scotia to Brisbane Australia.

If I can just get my finances sorted I can get this show on the road/sea
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2016 at 5:27am

Top stuff. Thats all us Hornet lovers wet dream is to have one of them Tongue Hope it all works out aok for you. That would be the first genuine one into Australia too. Look forward to seeing some pics down the track Smile

If the other guys dont work out John Cain up around Newcastle NSW has been helping people import cars and parts from the US for decades and would have experience with Canada I reckon. Also there was a fella in Adelaide Phil ?? I cant remember his last name who used to own Special Interest Auto's from memory who has also been importing cars since the 60's. GremX might remember his last name and if he is still around as he was based in Adelaide all that time

Edited by 70Hornet - Jul/25/2016 at 5:31am
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2016 at 8:27pm
Thanks 70Hornet, a couple of good leads for me there.
Apart from getting the finance approved (which I'm still waiting on), the next big issue is getting an independent inspection. If the car was in the US, it will all be relatively straight forward but Canada is a whole new ball game. Good to have a few options and if I can't find someone the return airfare is approx. $1500 with Canada Air, so a quick visit to Canada could be on the cards....lol...... Very excited at the prospect of getting an SC/360 home to OZ but have not quite got the ducks lined up yet.

Don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but the eventual plan would be to get it around to as many AMC/MOPAR car shows as possible.
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2016 at 10:40pm
Given the cheap flights at the moment, you could fly over and do a road trip to LA in it.
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2016 at 11:18pm
Yeah there is a thought........ lol. not sure if I am street wise enough to tackle that one but it would be an awesome road trip ! It would be my luck to get "Car Jacked" in LA !!
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2016 at 11:08pm

Making this happen is still a work in progress, plenty of dead ends so far ...... but I certainly appreciate the suggestions !

A couple of pics of the Hornet ............
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2016 at 10:02am
Boy you don't have to do much with that one, looks like it's brand new. Good looking car lucky bugger
Mad max # 15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic