TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

SEAT COVERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rambling man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SEAT COVERS
    Posted: Jul/30/2008 at 4:01pm
hi does any one know of a place that i can order seat covers for a 66 rambler classic?
ramblinfsj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinfsj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2008 at 4:07pm

First off, WELCOME to the Forums!

No place that I know of sells or makes new seat covers. You'll have to take it to an upholstery shop.

How about some pictures of your car?

1982 Jeep J-20
1965 Rambler American 220
1978 Jeep Cherokee w/401
1983 Jeep J-10
1979 Concord DL 2dr
rambling man View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rambling man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2008 at 4:11pm
pics will be coming i wife keeps taking car hard to phot a moving car LOL
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2008 at 12:49pm
You probably buy the original fabric and vinyl from SMS Auto Interiors in Oregon.  Take that material to an upholstery shop and have your seat covers duplicated.   Call or email them with the trim code on your car they will check their inventory.  They have been very easy for me to deal with on two cars in the past.
Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
rambling man View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rambling man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2008 at 2:15pm
how do i post pics?
70MarkDonohue View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70MarkDonohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2008 at 9:17pm
SMS is good for orininal fabric so is Veterns trim supply in TX.

DON"T let SMS make anything for you! We got a guy in our club that been waiting for over a year for door panels that their making for him. They lost them they found them they lost them they made them in the wrong color and he is still don't have the right one yet. Even a letter to the BBB didn't help.Thumbs%20Down
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2008 at 9:40pm
Also, if SMS doesn't have the correct fabric, try Original Auto Interiors in Columbus, Michigan.  I got material for my 66 Rambler from them after SMS said they did not have it.

Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
Smitty52 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2008 at 1:42pm

I used Fryers at http://www.autoupholsterykits.com/  They can use factory material or pick your own.  I got some samples from them and then sent my skins and they sent new ones back.  About $500 for non original materials and $1000 for factory materials IIRC.  that was a couple of years ago and it was for two front reclining setas and the rear seat for my 66 wagon.  YMMV.

AMO#8454, AMCRC# 8066
69 Ambo coupe, 401, M12, 66 Ambo 990 Wagon, 327,PW,PB,PS,posi,AM/FM,AC
74 Jav 360 auto ac
2003 FLHTCI, 1977 Yamaha XS750 2015 Chry 200, 2006 Pacifica
hoosieramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoosieramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2008 at 2:49pm
  If you want non-original but nice try Autocrafters. http://www.customseatcovers.com/
They make nice custom seat covers. Thumbs%20Up
matt167 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt167 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2008 at 5:20pm
as do Easyboy Rod Interiors. I got a kit for my '51 Chevy, ordered custom, just for me, and I had the exterior colors colormatched to the interior colors ( white and grape purple )..  www.rodinteriors.com
also going to use them for my '65 American I think. White and black and I'll clean up the factory door panels which are in good shape
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic