TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

SC/Rambler build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401ton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2017 at 8:03pm

I few beads Chris put in the new floor panels.  The width matched up with the wider beads that were there before.
1969 SC/Rambler

401ton View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401ton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2017 at 8:33pm
A few more trunk pics

1969 SC/Rambler

Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2017 at 8:35pm
Nice work!
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
401ton View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401ton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2017 at 10:04pm
Thanks.  A few more.

1969 SC/Rambler

brownspirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2017 at 10:30pm
Looks like you guys have done some fabrication before, it looks great. I feel compelled to warn you however that from what I know, the rear windshields are hard to find. It may be wise to remove it before risking any damage while cutting, grinding, and welding. Can't wait for the next update! Andy
69' BBB AMX 390/4-speed

69' s/crambler project

69’ International F210d Cummins/5+4
401ton View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401ton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2017 at 9:43am
Originally posted by brownspirit brownspirit wrote:

Looks like you guys have done some fabrication before, it looks great. I feel compelled to warn you however that from what I know, the rear windshields are hard to find. It may be wise to remove it before risking any damage while cutting, grinding, and welding. Can't wait for the next update! Andy

Thanks for the comments.
We've done quite a bit of fab before, but not much tin work really.  A lot of it was on Jeeps, trucks and my Rat Rod.
Trying to make this as good as we can and that says a lot because I'm not the most patient guy and want to drive again relatively soon.

Chris has taught me that you can't weld dirt, so really prepping metal including small holes ahead of time pays big dividends on finishing later.
The Tig welder helps make a better weld to begin with on sheet metal too.

On the rear windshield, are they a hardtop only shape?

1969 SC/Rambler

fhpdave View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhpdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2017 at 9:59am
Very nice fabrication! You know when someone takes the time and thinks through the details on the early part of a project, the back end of it will most likely spectacular too.
Old enough to know better - young enough not to care
401ton View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401ton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2017 at 3:03pm
Rear 9 inch getting narrowed.

New housing ends so I could use junk yard Explorer rear disc brake brackets.

Control Freak rear suspension.

29" tire setting about ride height.

1969 SC/Rambler

Loggato View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loggato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2017 at 8:35am
Very impressive fabrication! Looks like you've done this before Cool
BlueJeep View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueJeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2017 at 8:39am
Originally posted by fhpdave fhpdave wrote:

Very nice fabrication! You know when someone takes the time and thinks through the details on the early part of a project, the back end of it will most likely spectacular too.

That's what the goal is!  On the trunk floor extensions, the theory there is to improve upon the original design.  With the way they extended down to meet the bottom of the quarter panels originally, there was a small cavity there that could collect debris and no way to get it out (and as Bruce mentioned this car was cut up into a race car early in life and all that stuff was long gone).  We put it back together more like a Chevelle, where there is room for you to get in there and clean it out if necessary.  Of course this will not be a car that sits outside under a tree anymore.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic