TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

SC/Rambler build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401ton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SC/Rambler build
    Posted: Jul/23/2017 at 6:36pm
Doing a resto-mod build thread on my 1969 SC/Rambler.  

Some of the posting from my Intro page and the some of the reasoning for the resto-mod part below.

"Mine came from Mason City, IA and I have owned it since about 1982.
I think I'm the second owner.  The first owner made it into a drag car.

When I purchased the car, it didn't run, had a 343, auto, 8-3/4" rear end, radius wheel wells, mini-tubs made from sheet aluminum & pop rivets & silicone sealer, no hood scoop, no hood or trunk hinges, hood & trunk pins, three point roll bar, carpet screwed to the floor and the firewall was replaced with galvanized tin and a bunch of pop rivets there too.

In the 80's, I did some body work and had a friend help me paint the car.
A few years later I moved away, got into Jeeps and have hardly worked on it since, until last year (2016).
The last few years I have been driving a Rat Rod I built to have a quick Hot Rod while the SC/Rambler was being built.  I have had a alot of fun with it, but probably would have had the SC/Rambler back on the road if I would have just stuck with it...oh well.

Along the way I have bought a few parts and now the car is on a rotisserie getting holes filled.
Good part about race cars is they didn't rust much.  Bad part is everything else...

Current plan is to make it drive (with A/C) and work on it every Winter until the body and interior etc. is finished."

Here's where I'm at now with car mounted on the rotisserie.
Sometimes I turn it on its other side too...

401ton View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401ton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2017 at 7:09pm
Here's the current plan:
AMC 401, Tremec TKO 600 5 speed, narrowed 9 inch, mini tubs, Control Freak front & rear suspension with rack & pinion, A/C, fuel injection, bigger gas tank etc. 
New interior and future paint job down the road. 
I do have a 390, just had this 401 already machined at the engine shop about 17 years ago so currently going that route.

After having the car stored for way too many years, cleaning out the raccoon, mice and rat poo, I have started the process using a donor Rogue I used to have for the firewall transplant.
Just so you know, its a pita to replace a firewall.
Its a nice shade of old Rambler green now.  pics wouldn't load again...grumble

kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2017 at 7:39pm
Welcome to the multiyear SC/R project club. You'll need 30 posts to be able to load pictures so work around some other threads and do some postings then you'll be loading pictures of your sweet project!
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
67 Rogue 290-4V 4spd Conv
A-Scheme SC/Rambler (69 SC JOURNEY)
401ton View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401ton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2017 at 8:14pm
I'll work on the posting.
I guess I originally thought it was 30 posts before I could load pics off my computer as I could see the pics I posted.  Oh well, I'll get there.
brownspirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2017 at 8:30pm
Sounds very interesting, can't wait to see the progress. Andy
69' BBB AMX 390/4-speed

69' s/crambler project

69’ International F210d Cummins/5+4
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2017 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by brownspirit brownspirit wrote:

Sounds very interesting, can't wait to see the progress. Andy

X2!  
BlueJeep View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueJeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2017 at 10:18pm
Lots more exciting pictures to come!  Can't wait.
Dan390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2017 at 9:33pm
That's the same way the Duke boys drive the General Lee!
FASTNASH View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FASTNASH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2017 at 5:53am
Very cool project. Be glad see progress.
AMO#3040 NAMDRA#1115 AMC's are just like potato chips you just can't have one.              
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2017 at 7:36am
Nice project indeed! Lots of fun.
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic