TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

RobbMc Thermostate Housing...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RobbMc Thermostate Housing...
    Posted: Jul/14/2016 at 2:10pm
Got this in my news feed from F.B. Don't know how many have or don't have Facebook, so I thought I'd pass this along.

ROBBMC PERFORMANCE OFFER!

Greetings!

We now have fifteen people who have contacted me with an interest in purchasing a RobbMc billet aluminum swivel thermostat housing to fit Oldsmobile 307-455 and AMC 290-401 series V8 engines. .

If we can get prepaid orders for at least ten of these housings, we will make another run. It may take up to six weeks to get them made.

The housings are $99 plus $12 for shipping to any USA address for a total of $111. (If you want us to ship to an address outside the USA, drop me an email and I will let you know the additional shipping charges).

To pay, please go to www.paypal.com and click on "Send Money". You will need my email address (robb@robbmcperformance.com) and a credit card (or a Paypal account with sufficient funds). You can also phone us (775-885-7411) with a credit card but we do charge $10 to run the card for you.

NOTES
1. If we do not get at least ten prepaid orders within one week (by 6pm next Monday, July 18th), I will cancel the run and issue full refunds to everyone who has already paid. Then we'll try again when I have at least 20 people who are interested.
2. It may take up to six weeks (seven weeks from today) to get the housings made. Please do not order if you can't wait this long.
3. These housings will be tumble finished like the photo. We will not be offering the housings polished.
4. If you want the housing shipped to an address outside the USA, please email me before making a payment and I will let you know the additional shipping charges.
5. If you wish to order more than one housing, please email me before making a payment and I will let you know the additional shipping charges.

Thanks,

Robb
RobbMc Performance Products LLC

https://www.facebook.com/robbmcperformance/?pnref=story
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
401harry View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2016 at 9:29pm
I hope the RMC is a better fit than the Mr Gasket olds/amc version which doesn't fit without a bunch of grinding and sealant. There is a good 1/4 inch difference between the 2 bolt locations.
ttrrogg View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrrogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2016 at 6:47am
had the olds housings they did not fit right they were just off enough to not fit right, holes for mounting off they would leak in time, tried them and had to use a AMC one to fit right.
1970 Big Bad Blue javelin sst
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2016 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by 401harry 401harry wrote:

I hope the RMC is a better fit than the Mr Gasket olds/amc version which doesn't fit without a bunch of grinding and sealant. There is a good 1/4 inch difference between the 2 bolt locations.
Used the RMC on several builds before they were discontinued. Loved every one of them.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
401harry View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2016 at 6:34pm
Nice....BTW whats that power steering setup? Looks like a late model GM or Jeep pump. What are you gonna use for pulleys? I have a DUI and clearance is an issue on the stock pump
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2016 at 7:10pm

Nice....BTW whats that power steering setup? Looks like a late model GM or Jeep pump. What are you gonna use for pulleys? I have a DUI and clearance is an issue on the stock pump
Not to hijack the thread but the pump is a GM type 2 with a mounting bracket from Control Freak. I used an aluminum pulley from Speedway Motors with it.

Edited by pit crew - Jul/18/2016 at 7:13pm

bcsideshow View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcsideshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 2:41pm
I too really like the RobbMC thermostat housings.  I recently had to modify mine to add a temp sensor for my EFI conversion.  Maybe an option for those that use thermostat housings with a sensor port.

Edited by bcsideshow - Jul/20/2016 at 2:50pm
1969 SCRambler "B"
1970 AMX 390 Auto
1968 AMX 390 Auto
1970 Rebel Machine Project
1969 AMX 390 4SPD Project
1969 AMX 390 Auto Project
1969 Javelin 390 project
1997 Cherokee lifted
1998 TJ Lifted
401harry View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2016 at 5:46pm
You are brave running that stainless fan. After slicing a finger to the bone on one I run electric fans on everything now. BTW I bought the P/S bracket from C/F...nice piece
401harry View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2016 at 5:47pm
Or to use as a return coolant line fitting from back of heads?
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2016 at 6:22pm

You are brave running that stainless fan. After slicing a finger to the bone on one I run electric fans on everything now. BTW I bought the P/S bracket from C/F...nice piece
That is the down side of using that fan. I do use a fan shroud so it is a little safer. Glad you like the P/S bracket. We have used it on several resto mod projects now and it just looks so compact and clean running the GM style P/S pump.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic