TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Rivots & Bumpers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rivots & Bumpers
    Posted: Jun/03/2020 at 10:55am
I've Been Looking & LOOKING, All over the Place, and Unable to Find Either of These Items, so, I'm Here to Ask, WHAT Do Any of You Fine Folks Use to Replace These Items? 
The Rivots, are the Ones that go to the GASKET, NOT The Metal to the Body of the Car. They go AROUND the Neck to the Body???? I don't know How else to explain this. THEIR Part number, is (as Near as I Can Figure) Group, 4.141-3 Pt. #400 2185. (6 of these) 
The Rubber Bumper things, are, Group 4.141.24 Pt. # 400 2003  (2 of them)

Firstly, Does ANYBODY, Know Where I Could Get The OEM Versions of These? 

Secondly, IF Not, WHAT Does ANYONE Needing these Use, and Maybe WHERE to Get Them???

Many MANY Thanks for Any Help, it Really IS Appreciated.........

ME

Hogman
401MATCOUPE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401MATCOUPE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2020 at 11:38am
George,

Sounds like you are talking about the rivets that connect the spill tank to the body, gasket is sandwiched in-between and the rubber bumpers for the fuel door??

The actual filler neck to the spill tank is also connected with rivets.

I have the special filler neck to spill tank rivets and spill tank to body.  The door grommets are very hard to find, I might have those.....I think I bought an extra set when I did my Matador X Coupe last November....just let me know.  That spill tank is unique for Coupe and so is the filler neck!!

Ross
Ross K. Peterson
68X,GoPac,343,AT,52A(1stCar)
68X,GoPac,390,4sp,52A
69X,GoPac,390,4sp,64A
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,87A,8
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,BBO,8
70 Jav SST,390,AT,BSO
74MatX,401,AT,Prototype
74MatX,401,AT
Hogman View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2020 at 11:51am
Originally posted by 401MATCOUPE 401MATCOUPE wrote:

George,

Sounds like you are talking about the rivets that connect the spill tank to the body, gasket is sandwiched in-between and the rubber bumpers for the fuel door??

I have the special filler neck to spill tank rivets and spill tank to body.  The door grommets are very hard to find, I might have those.....I think I bought an extra set when I did my Matador X Coupe last November....just let me know.  That spill tank is unique for Coupe and so is the filler neck!!

Ross

I THINK You're correct Ross. 
 Ever Since I Got the Car Back, I Haven't Been able to Get a PROPER Fuel Cap to Work on It. The One That WHOMEVER Put on, is NOT The Correct One, and Will Actually Spill Fuel out it After It's FILLED, (So Obviously, I DON'T "Fill" It Anymore.) I Just HATE the Smell Of Todays Fuel EVERY Time I Walk in to my Shop, Because The Fuel Cap is So Loose And Poorly Fitting! I Bought a Brand New Locking Gas Cap Last Year, Thought *I* Messed up Ordering it, because it Would NOT Fit. So, I Ordered One That Was Supposed to Be THE Replacement, SAME Problem, It Won't Fit Either. The Cap Runs in to The Top side BOTTOM of The Fuel Fill Area, Where The Door Closes Over. So, I Figured IF I Could Remove The Rivots, and Adjust The Fill Neck DOWN UP a Hair, Maybe a 1/4, to 3/8 of an Inch, It SHOULD Cure The Issue.

Also, Those Goofy Little Bumper Things, have Gone Rock Hard too, and Either Shrunk, or they Replaced them With The Wrong Ones, I DON'T Know for Sure. The Rubber Bumpers, are SO Hard, It Seems Like they're Not Doing ANYTHING, Kinda Like Slamming the Door Against a ROCK!

YES Please, IF You Have ANY/Either of These, I'd GLADLY Buy them From You.
PLEASE, Let Me Know......

THANKS AGAIN Ross, For EVERYTHING!!!!!!

ME

Edited by Hogman - Jun/03/2020 at 12:42pm
Hogman
Hogman View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2020 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by 401MATCOUPE 401MATCOUPE wrote:

George,

Ross

YES, I Re-Read Your Post. THAT'S What I'm Talking about, SORRY Ross.

ME
Hogman
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2020 at 2:04pm
Body question - "where can I get" - so moved to the body area.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic