TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > In The Beginning..........
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Richard A "Dick" Teague

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Richard A "Dick" Teague
    Posted: Dec/26/2015 at 10:36am
Richard A. "Dick" Teague....(I think circa 1963, but not sure?)....

Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
Slate View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2015 at 11:02am
Nice! Maybe an historian can fix the year/month. Does it day American or Rambler on the hood or something else?

Steve
dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2015 at 11:04am
Slate, I guess 1963 because it looks like a date stamped in lower left corner of photo?
But someone more familiar might clarify.
Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2015 at 3:16pm
It's an archive number AMC and all the way back into the Nash days that was used to denote individual photos. A lot of the press photos don't have the numbers as they get edited out by taking a copy of the sans the archive number tag. The 63 is for 1963. I can't guarantee 8 is for the month the photo was taken but it's a reasonable guess. The last number IDs the exact photo. AMC had thousands of photos taken by photographers for the company. I've got well over 2,000 plus over thousand for Hudson and Nash. Also my research shows AMC was coping over the Jeep, Willys -Overland , Graham Paige and Kaiser Frazer photos as I've found AMC archive number tags on a good number of said photos. A large number of the photos were taken with what called an architectural view camera , as it's a large 8 inch by 10 inch negative or color positive. I have a fair number of these negatives in my collection and even have a good idea who took a lot of the photos for AMC and lot of other auto companies. The black and white negative are what you call contact negative , as they are the same size as the black and white print. LRDaum  
LRDaum
SeanHatfield View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanHatfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2015 at 2:28am
Man mramc, would I love to talk to you about photography. Seems like you really know your stuff! I majored in Art in college with an emphasis on graphic design and photography. I'd like to see some of that collection sometime. Maybe post it to the forum if you get the chance, as i'm sure lots of people would enjoy those photos as much as you do.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic