TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Reproduction Bell Crank (Z-bar)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70RebelGeezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reproduction Bell Crank (Z-bar)
    Posted: Jul/04/2016 at 6:23pm
Now reproducing the '67-'68-'69 Bell Crank, both inner & outer Pivot Ball Studs and the Inner Mounting bracket that bolts to the bell-housing. 
I copied the original parts that amxmachine kindly lent me for examples.

I still have to reproduce the attachment arms (pedal to Z-bar/Z-bar to throw-out fork) but I just wanted to give the folks on this Forum a heads-up that everything will eventually be offered.
However the parts that are pictured here, are available as a package (as shown in the photo). The price for this package is $ 125.00 US + shipping.
There is a grease fitting installed, as per the original. 
You must supply your own interior bushings and retaining clips. I believe most, if not all, of the Big Box parts sellers have those items in stock. 
Pivot Ball studs have the correct flat, machined on 1 side, to fit the "D" shaped hole on the inner and outer mounting points.

Also working on the '70-up Bell Crank for "big body" cars....soon to be offered to the AMC fraternity.
 I'll post a photo once completed......should be by the end of this week at the latest.

Thanks for any interest.

Ron

'68 Rebel SST
Selling Bellcranks '67-69,'70-up big body cars
3rd gen. American with V-8 Bellcrank assemblies
Gremlin and Hornet Z-bar now available
Z-bar Bronze Bushing
Rebel Gas Tank Straps
bigbadgreen View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2016 at 7:15pm
Nice work
azfletch View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2016 at 11:44pm
Ron,

Are you able to make these for the Small Body Americans, for SC/Rambler and Rogue?  I Know of 6-8 people that need them for their restorations.

Mark
Mark Fletcher
72 AMX 401 with 6K original miles.
70 Mark Donohue Javelin, 390 4 speed with 47K miles.
70 AMX, 390 AT, AC Randall car.
67 Rogue Barbados Blue 290 225HP 4 speed convertible 71K miles.
70RebelGeezer View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70RebelGeezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2016 at 4:41am
[QUOTE=azfletch]Ron,

Are you able to make these for the Small Body Americans, for SC/Rambler and Rogue?  I Know of 6-8 people that need them for their restorations.

Mark

I'd have to have access to an existing, unmodified set of OEM Bell Crank components in order to know the dimensions, specific shape of the arms, all that stuff.

I have to reverse-engineer from existing parts because there's no AMC Blueprints available to refer to.

Would the same Bell Crank and the related parts apply to all 3 cars as mentioned above?

Ron

'68 Rebel SST
Selling Bellcranks '67-69,'70-up big body cars
3rd gen. American with V-8 Bellcrank assemblies
Gremlin and Hornet Z-bar now available
Z-bar Bronze Bushing
Rebel Gas Tank Straps
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2016 at 7:39am
Ron,

Not disparaging their memory in the least, you are stepping up with parts that only AMXMGS used to provide.  Looking forward to more from you.

Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
madmax View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2016 at 5:48pm
[QUOTE=azfletch]Ron,

Mark

hey mark, i have reproduction v8 1969 rambler clutch linkage parts that we make as well as improved versions with spherical rod ends.
shoot me a pm
thanx  rick
American Heavy Metal

restoration parts and mechanical restoration services

70 amx black
1968 kaplan amx ss/racecar
1969 amx racecar
1970 trans am javelin
1969 amx white/platinum
1972 gremlin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic