TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Reproduction 70-72 Hornet Headlight Doors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightmistwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2017 at 8:33pm
i would be interested in a set of these as well

trying to build a pro touring 1971 Hornet
AMoCoLite View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMoCoLite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2017 at 11:34pm
Add me to the list...please!

(are we there yet?)
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2017 at 8:37am
Thanks for the interest everyone. This project is still happening...just slowly! The first mold that was made did not work correctly, so a second is being made now. The vendor has been in contact with me regularly and thinks we might see the first prototype this fall. I'll add the new folks to the list and keep everyone updated as I learn more.
AMO Newsletter Editor
Mr_AMC View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_AMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2017 at 3:28pm
YES..
I would want at least one set...
Maybe 2 .. ANY guestimate of price.. I am all for supporting NEW reproduction parts..
Anyone thought about doing Wagon hatch hinges????

Have a GREAT AMC day..
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2017 at 3:31pm
good timing - i just spoke with the vendor last night and he said he thinks I might have prototypes yet this month.

Price is around $150/pair. I will have a firm price once we have the pre-orders confirmed. I am not making any money on these, just arranging the reproduction process.
AMO Newsletter Editor
Mr_AMC View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_AMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2017 at 3:31pm
$160 a set. for the left and Right
Count me in for one set... At least
Tarbaby View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2017 at 2:48pm
I'm in, need for my SC.
Mr_AMC View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_AMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2017 at 8:44am
How is this project going? I will definitely buy 2 sets....
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2017 at 12:22pm
Great news! The prototypes arrived yesterday! First inspection they look very nice. I will be test fitting them in the coming days and sending feedback to the vendor. These are injection molded and will probably require a little finishing like sanding mold lines and painting. The material is a little more pliable than the originals I'd say, but this actually makes them nicer than the originals which are somewhat brittle.

AMO Newsletter Editor
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2017 at 12:25pm
Wow..!! Look nicer the the NOS that I have..!! Thank you Ian for doing this. I'm still in for a pair too..!!
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic