TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Repro Spirit Concord AMX Gremlin GT Flares

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2018 at 7:55pm
Yes, I have ordered:

1 (8132829)-fender flair welt-AMX,GT at $55.00 each

I have not received it yet but hope to have it in the near future.

1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2018 at 6:57pm
Over the weekend,  I fit up the Concord/Gremlin GT flares to an 83 Spirit.  The fronts look like they will interchange.  The rears fit well at the quarter panel up to about the center of the wheel arch.  The front of the rear flares did not fit the Spirit.

So it looks like this will have to be a SPIRIT AMX flare set for the initial run because that is who is interested. 

I would like to compare my rear Concord flares to a set of rear Spirit flares sometime.

-----
I am still waiting for a spoiler but it is cold and rainy this week so that isn't terrible.
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2018 at 11:55pm
Confirmed with Kennedy that he had my order.  He told me he only had one piece of the fender flair welt.  There was a problem with the casting of one of the pieces of my spoiler which is causing my delivery delay.

There are a couple more hurdles to get over before an build order is placed.
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2018 at 6:31pm
Jeff Kennedy called last week and told me that he had my Air Dam and had spoilers back in stock.  It arrived on Saturday with the fender flare welt.  The welt is white with double side tape on one side.  it looks like the brittle stuff on my other flares.  

I would sure like to see some more activity on this thread.  I said I was in for up to 10 sets of flares to get this going. I can't foot the whole thing.  I still intend on visiting Mirror Image, probably on my way to Auburn, In to the AMO National.  I want him to see see a full set of flares.  I wanted to go earlier but I spend a lot of weekends on the road already.  His product will be like the air dam. 

I need to follow-up with a local guy who said he thought he could vacuum form the Concord Rear Flares.  He hasn't priced it yet and he started qualifying what he could do the more he looked at the flares.  I asked him to refer me to where I need to be but I think he may not pass up any work, if he can get it.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic