TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Repro Spirit Concord AMX Gremlin GT Flares

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 20>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2018 at 8:01pm
I will take one set, no question.  I would like to commit to 2 sets but I have some reservations.

I am purchasing for a 78 Concord AMX and a Gremlin GT.  I would like to get the rear flares for both. 

Black is fine for the AMX.  

One further complication is that my Gremlin GT is Sun Orange.  The flares on that car are orange all the way through.

I can provide rear flares for both.  They are used.  I can certainly see about sending the best ones that I have.  (The Gremlin is easy since I only have the set on the car.)

1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2018 at 10:22pm
Talk to me, Goose!   Wink
barriegolfer View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barriegolfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2018 at 12:30pm
New here but am looking for the same. Couple different options that can be tried prior to committing to that particular company. Have you thought about going the 3d printer route?
https://www.raise3d.com/collections/3d-printer/products/raise3d-n2-plus-pre-order-fdm-3d-printer
They also do in house reproductions
https://www.raise3d.com/blogs/case/automotive
You'd just need to send them a cad file or the part iteself which can then be scanned and shipped back to you. Or buy the printer and get them scanned by another company so you can print yourself
https://www.laserdesign.com/3d-scanning-parts-objects
or you can get the cad file and put out a tender for someone to make it
https://www.3dhubs.com/
Can also get another quote from an injection molder to compare prices
http://www.cyplas.com/injection-molding/
http://www.janler.com/SamplingPreProductionProduction.html
https://www.prodigymold.com/about-us/quality-1

3d printing can be like $30 to print a part in materials vs spending $450 on mold sampling
83GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2018 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by barriegolfer barriegolfer wrote:

Have you thought about going the 3d printer route?

Thanks for volunteering!!  Let us know what you find, how much it costs, the lead time and ordering options.

2014 Star Stryker - Only Ride
1992 Bayliner Trophy Walk-Around
garsod View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2018 at 6:17pm
I am happy to help with the 3D printing idea. 
The flares are pretty massive and would require a large printing bed. 
If anyone has experience in the 3D printing and knows the questions to ask that would be great. 
Mirror Image uses a low pressure molding process that worked great on the front spoilers. 
Barrieglfer: Do you want to take the lead on this avenue of 3D printing? 

barriegolfer View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barriegolfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2018 at 1:07pm
Do you have a measurement for length? Tip to tip across rather than along the edge
garsod View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2018 at 7:15pm
The front flare at its longest is 3 ft 10 inches and the total height is about 25 inches from the bottom of the flare to the top. They have a curve of about 3-4 inches.
That’s the best I could get for measurements.
If you need more please let me know.
Dave
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2018 at 9:13pm
The pattern must be full cause there isn't much conversation!Shocked

I am not sure how interested anyone is in getting the 78 Concord and 78 Gremlin GT rear Flares molded up or further investigated.  I will check my microfiche and see if I can figure out if the flares had individual part numbers.  AMO is in Indiana  in June so that might be a pretty good place for collecting samples or distributing products 

I have been following 3D printing for quite some time and I don't think that is the way to go with the flares.  The printers have some jitter which will be seen in the finish.  The printers are typically too small to support printing this part in whole and I doubt that piecing it together will work very well.  I think the mold is the way to go on this.

I just read the whole post, again, and it appears we are still short some sales.  I am not certain of the final count since the post goes back 2+ years.  If we are able to address my 2 issues with the 78 flares, I would consider funding the rest of the needed sets of flares.  I hope my purchase is less than 10 sets and that I can coordinate pick-up instead of paying for shipping.

It might be good to collect the other colors for the Gremlin GT Flares in case final sales are interested in those colors.  I think we may need a press release package or an order sheet to determine what we are looking for regarding other colors.  There is a possibility that I have some blue flares on my AMX but I will need to further investigate.
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2018 at 10:23pm
Here is what I found out today regarding the Concord AMX and Gremlin GT (series 03 and 40):

1.  Part numbers for flares are the same for both vehicles:
Left Rear 12.125-18 
371 9785  (No superseding number)  Right Rear 371 9784 (New # - 372 6669  

Left Front  12.075-13
371 9771 (New # - 372 5981  Right Front  371 9770 (New # - 372-5980)

Most had the note "NC" - "Neutral Color" probably Black.
-------------
Per my Supplement to: Dealer Price Section 2 Page 5A  Issued:  December 5, 1977:
"Fiberglass Body Components including Front Air Dam (body colored w/striping, below front bumper).  Front and Rear Fender Flares (matched to body color w/pin striping and black inner panels)

Colors:
G7 - Alpine White  6V - Sunshine Yellow  7Z - Sun Orange   6P - Firecracker Red  7D - Powder Blue

Package cost the dealer 551.65.  Suggested Retail was 649.00

I am not saying that we need to be able to provide all the colors but there is a possibility that someone with a Gremlin GT may want to get a body color flare like me.  I think I have Paint chips or I am sure that I can come up with some to help with coloring.

I hope to have Spirit AMX Flare part numbers tomorrow.
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2018 at 10:20am
The part numbers for the Spirit AMX are:

79 / AMX
Left rear - 372 9207
Right rear - 372 9206
Left front - 373 1273
Right front - 373 1272

Front spoiler numbers: 
78 AMX AND GREMLIN GT - 20.115-4
Right 371 9764
Left 371 9765

79/ AMX
Right 372 5660
Left 372 5661

So...  78 Concord AMX and Gremlin GTs are the same flares
Perhaps some fit and finish issue previously discussed were due to Concord parts on a Spirit.
We may need to check that the 78 front flares are the same as the 79 flares.
I need to order a front spoiler to see how it fits my Concord.  Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 20>
  Share Topic