TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Repro Spirit AMX Front Spoiler: Who'd Buy One?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 22232425>
Poll Question: Would you buy a repro spoiler if available?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
38 [95.00%]
2 [5.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2015 at 11:12am
The flares would need about $5000.00 to start and produce the first group of flares. This would produce about 7 sets if my memories serves me correctly. You can look up the topic on the flares here for more information. I have 4 NOS flares to make the molds from.
Vendire1 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vendire1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2015 at 10:31am
Hello,

I hope you can make me extremely happy.  Do you know if they still make or have any spoilers
for 1979 AMX still available?  I am willing to buy 2 sets.

I am the original owner on a all stock 52,000 mile yellow v8 AMX. 

thanks,

Dave

DAVIDL1001@ITV-3.COM
Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2015 at 9:15am
Go back one page for your answer.

Later!
Mr. Ed
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "Gwendolyn."
1978 Concord Sport coupe "Mr. Black".
1982 Concord wagon. The Admiral. FOR SALE!
1976 Sportabout X, 304, auto, air. The Bronze Goddess

Vendire1 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vendire1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2015 at 9:17pm
Hello,

I am in search of a set of front spoilers for 1979 AMX.
Eddie Stakes at Planet Houston no has ever made a
Repro. Can you give me some information to obtain a
spoiler.

thanks,

Dave

DAVIDL1001@ITV-3.COM
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2015 at 9:32pm
Contact mirror image plastics in Ohio. They reproduced them and they look great. I have one saved for my car - Eddie must not be aware of them.
AMO Newsletter Editor
garsod View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2016 at 11:12pm
Testing the waters again for reproducing the fender flares, I posted under the flare topic but I thought I would share here as well. 

20 sets for about $450 for 4 is the buy in, I'm in for 3 that leaves 17 for sale, who interested?? 

Thanks, 

Dave 
Vendire1 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vendire1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2016 at 9:36am
I didn't think I would ever hear that you would get these made. My only question does this include the small foam trim between the plastic fender flares and the fender. I haven't been able to find that item any where. I would still be in for 1 set of all four fender flares. I did purchase the front spoiler and had them bonded to one piece. The spoiler looks great after allot of heating and bending to make them fit. Most of the fit trouble was caused by the body shop I took them to, they put them in their paint booth and warmed them up to dry the paint faster. When you get these made I may have them bonded to the spoiler for a one piece total assembly . Let me know the statis of the fender flares and any information on the foam ribbing would be great.

Thanks for the information.
83GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2016 at 10:49am
Update  -  so I've got the front spoiler installed.  Just wanted to warn anyone that might have been driving without it until installation.  I've already scrapped it twice in the first week.  

***Be careful, you now have something hanging low off the front of the car***

Parking blocks, driveways and dips in the pavement can catch you unaware.
2014 Star Stryker - Only Ride
1992 Bayliner Trophy Walk-Around
uncljohn View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncljohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2016 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by 83GT 83GT wrote:

Update  -  so I've got the front spoiler installed.  Just wanted to warn anyone that might have been driving without it until installation.  I've already scrapped it twice in the first week.  

***Be careful, you now have something hanging low off the front of the car***

Parking blocks, driveways and dips in the pavement can catch you unaware.

It should not come as a total surprise why there are so few of them left after 36 years and possibly why they were made of a flexible material in the first place.
I have one of the original reproduction pieces stashed as a potential replacement should the OEM one get damaged. But by that time the AMX will be pretty much a drivable show piece. My 1980 Spirit though, will be driven less air dam and flairs.
70 390 5spd Donohue
74 Hornet In restoration
76 Hornet, 5.7L Mercury Marine Power
80 Fuel Injected I6 Spirit
74 232 I-6, 4bbl, 270HL Isky Cam
Smatoska View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smatoska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2018 at 6:49pm
Hello.

I’ve got a 79 Amc Amx with 42k Miles   The car was hit on the passenger side and I’ve had to do a bit of work to get most of it straight, but having an issue with the fender flares. Did you ever get them reproduced and if so, what is the cost for the set. The passenger side is all I really need, but as someone said, no one is making these anymore and trying to get replacements is like pulling teeth! Also I noticed that after taking them off the car to repaint when I went to reinstall they don’t sit properly against the fenders or rear quarters. Any suggestions? I was thinking of dual sided 3M tape?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 22232425>
  Share Topic