TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Repro bumpers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360MDJav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by 69BBB3904spAMX 69BBB3904spAMX wrote:

I would bet that owners of BB cars would pay the price for the chrome if you left those bumpers raw metal, as it is a PITA to remove the chrome to paint the bumpers for BB cars. You would still get your full price without the cost of chrome and those needing bumpers to paint would save the cost of removing the chrome.

Pat,
We've talked about doing the Big Bad bumpers. I'm not sure that will happen, but I wouldn't rule it out yet.

Alan
1970 Big Bad Orange Donohue
1971 ADPS Javelin
1973 Javelin/AMX 401
Damn Yank View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damn Yank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2015 at 8:07am
This is great news. Mine looks like it was pulled out of a ditch by hook and chain. Keeping an eye out here on this one.
68 SST 343- Think Green.
Bill Mitchell View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Mitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2015 at 7:25pm
I think that the biggest market for any AMC bumper would be the 64 through 69 Americans. Very simple bumpers and you CANNOT find them. My wish list item. Ha, ha.....
Bill Mitchell

pointmarionamc View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pointmarionamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2015 at 9:09am

I would take a 1970 AMX bumper

raysinvegas View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raysinvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2015 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Bill Mitchell Bill Mitchell wrote:

I think that the biggest market for any AMC bumper would be the 64 through 69 Americans. Very simple bumpers and you CANNOT find them. My wish list item. Ha, ha.....

X2
Andy Ray
64 440H
64 440 Convertible
68 Javelin SST 343
69 Javelin SST 343
69 SC/Rambler
Ant View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2015 at 7:30pm
Any update? Also able to get Unchromed?
73 AMX project 401 stroker, t-56 mag
Full-time machinist
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2015 at 1:45am
I'll be up for a front bumper for the 71 Jav/AMX, the factory design is pretty flimsy so pretty damn hard to find a good one. I'll be visiting you guys in the US next month and the front bumper is one of the things on the shopping list if I can find one while I am there.
mstrcrftr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstrcrftr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2015 at 7:00am
i have a good core from a 73 javelin that you might be interested in.  i also have a chrome shop that can straighten and rechrome it if you want.
360MDJav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360MDJav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2015 at 7:17am
Originally posted by Ant Ant wrote:

Any update? Also able to get Unchromed?

It usually takes a year from initial start up on the development until we receive the product, so
it will be a while before we have any updates. I'll keep you up to date when I get any news on
how the project is going. We may do some of the 68/9 front and the rear bumpers without chrome
to help out the Big Bad car owners.

Alan
1970 Big Bad Orange Donohue
1971 ADPS Javelin
1973 Javelin/AMX 401
amxbart1 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxbart1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2015 at 9:05am
I have a NOS big bad bumper if needed, also the American bumpers are different front to back , as back have 2 more bolts some but not all 64&65 are a little different.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
  Share Topic