TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Repro bumpers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by 360MDJav 360MDJav wrote:

We haven't set the price level yet, but I'll let you know when that happens. Mike and I sent
several of our own bumpers to be used as patterns, as well as a couple NOS ones that we
received from a friend. I even sacrificed my Donohue's rear bumper for the cause because it
fit better than the NOS one that I had.

Hopefully these turn into decent sellers. I know they are needed item, especially the 1971-74 front which is impossible to find in decent shape.

Alan
We can always count on you to "take one for the team." Thanks!
360MDJav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360MDJav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

Originally posted by 360MDJav 360MDJav wrote:

We haven't set the price level yet, but I'll let you know when that happens. Mike and I sent
several of our own bumpers to be used as patterns, as well as a couple NOS ones that we
received from a friend. I even sacrificed my Donohue's rear bumper for the cause because it
fit better than the NOS one that I had.

Hopefully these turn into decent sellers. I know they are needed item, especially the 1971-74 front which is impossible to find in decent shape.

Alan
We can always count on you to "take one for the team." Thanks!

It wasn't easy, believe me.
1970 Big Bad Orange Donohue
1971 ADPS Javelin
1973 Javelin/AMX 401
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 1:40pm
This is indeed great news, but only if they are going to sell them un-plated as well as chrome plated. That way people can either take them to their own quality chrome shop or paint them as needed.

If un-plated bumpers won't be available then I guess I won't be a customer. It will also take this company longer to pay for the tooling if they are not willing to be flexible on the plating or finish. It's either be flexable and sell more bumpers, or make them one way, sell fewer bumpers, screw everyone else, and complain that they are not selling enough of them. This should be a no brainer!! We'll see!!!    

Dennis  

Edited by THE MENACE - Dec/07/2015 at 9:35pm
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
360MDJav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360MDJav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by THE MENACE THE MENACE wrote:

This is indeed great news!! Clap 

I'll be picking up a front one for my 70 AMX, because the one on my car is pretty badly twisted, and  doesn't fit very good. It's already been straightened but it's still not a great fit.

Question: Will they be available without chrome plating, or will I have to have it stripped to paint it??

Dennis  

Dennis,
They will only be available chromed. We sent a really mint, untouched '70 front as a sample, so it should be a great one to repro from. I wanted to send bumpers that were either NOS or excellent
used. It was important to have examples that had never been bent or re-chromed.

Alan

1971 ADPS Javelin
1973 Javelin/AMX 401
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 2:58pm
You need to grind all of the paint off of the car then put it on Feebay for millions...
ambassador401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambassador401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 3:04pm
I'd like to have a pair made from a bit thinner material
360MDJav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360MDJav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by ambassador401 ambassador401 wrote:

I'd like to have a pair made from a bit thinner material

They will only be made in the OE thickness, sorry.
1971 ADPS Javelin
1973 Javelin/AMX 401
Machine.Ben View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine.Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 4:10pm
This is very exciting to hear!
70 Ambassador SST
70 Javelin 390 4spd BBG
70 Rebel Machine
69BBB3904spAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69BBB3904spAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 9:11pm
I would bet that owners of BB cars would pay the price for the chrome if you left those bumpers raw metal, as it is a PITA to remove the chrome to paint the bumpers for BB cars. You would still get your full price without the cost of chrome and those needing bumpers to paint would save the cost of removing the chrome.
37 Ford Tudor 60 hp V8 flathead, all original, never restored
69BBB3904spAMX
70 Camaro 1st car
74 Hornet Hatch 6 cyl floor/auto
2007,2008,2009 PT Cruisers
Aluminum Deck Car Trailer
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by 69BBB3904spAMX 69BBB3904spAMX wrote:

I would bet that owners of BB cars would pay the price for the chrome if you left those bumpers raw metal, as it is a PITA to remove the chrome to paint the bumpers for BB cars. You would still get your full price without the cost of chrome and those needing bumpers to paint would save the cost of removing the chrome.

Heck yeah they would! I would gladly pay for a chrome bumper if you would send it raw.

Dennis   
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
  Share Topic