TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Repro bumpers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2016 at 3:19pm
Hasn't it already been stated that these are "driver quality, not show quality"? Just curious. I have good cores, for me to send them in to get rechromed for "driver quality" is $600 per bumper, if they are what the company will consider "good cores", it would be more if they do not fall in this category to him. If I want "show quality" it will be a minimum of $1500. None of those prices include the shipping charges to and from their location. I am in central Nebraska, closest place that chromes bumpers is in Souix City, Iowa. I am just thankful someone took on the challenge of reproducing bumpers for our cars and at a reasonable price. I am sure there will be a few quality issues here and there, but IMO it is way to early to start slandering them for one poor quality bumper. Let's wait and see if anyone else has the quality issues, if it is a common thing, then maybe we can start bashing them for being bad bumpers and telling everyone to stay away.

Edited by hitman33dp - Jun/10/2016 at 3:24pm
74 "NOT A REAL AMX" Javelin / 2 x 74 Javelins / 71 Javelin SST
fasttony View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasttony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2016 at 6:52pm
  I have seen more than a dozen OE rear bumpers up close and own three, these are 40+ year old bumpers and have nothing close to what I received for quality issues. The one I sent back was way below what a reasonable person would call "driver" quality, the picture doesn't show the true depth of the defect area. I have sent it back and asked for a replacement not a refund, the AMC vendor I bought it from is known for being very difficult at times however he has been really good about it I can't emphasize that enough, I will definitely give him a thumbs up in the Cheers section. Had it not been for the one bad area being on top where it was that bumper would have been a gorgeous piece, I am paying all shipping costs and should have the replacement next week, I will update. 

Tony
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2016 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by fasttony fasttony wrote:

I have seen more than a dozen OE rear bumpers up close and own three, these are 40+ year old bumpers and have nothing close to what I received for quality issues. The one I sent back was way below what a reasonable person would call "driver" quality, the picture doesn't show the true depth of the defect area. I have sent it back and asked for a replacement not a refund, the AMC vendor I bought it from is known for being very difficult at times however he has been really good about it I can't emphasize that enough, I will definitely give him a thumbs up in the Cheers section. Had it not been for the one bad area being on top where it was that bumper would have been a gorgeous piece, I am paying all shipping costs and should have the replacement next week, I will update. 

Tony
 I'm not implying anything about you, but maybe you should ask that vendor for permission to put a large scratch or dent in the bumper so he won't sell it to someone else who is less discriminating if he does indeed do an exchange with you.  We have heard that the factory sold seconds as dealer parts, so anything is possible.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
fasttony View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasttony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2016 at 9:27pm
 I am not restoring a second quality car and I doubt I am the only one who would be disappointed with that bumper. Anyone who thinks it's a good deal can PM me and I will contact the vendor and see what I can do. I posted my experience and views about the bumper I received, others state they like what they received, like it or not that's just how it is!

Tony
ttrrogg View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrrogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2016 at 10:16am
Have 3 each bumpers front and rear for 70 javelin for rehoming, Sandy's bumpers in NY does rears are $390 for the rear one, $420 for the front. I'm not sure but thinking of buying new ones from Galvins. Not sure what is the best way to go and what do I do with the cores I have now.
1970 Big Bad Blue javelin sst
ClassicCustom400 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicCustom400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2016 at 12:37pm

1971-74 Front Bumpers due in any day now.  $425.00 each plus shipping.
                 Shipping on Rear bumpers has been $41.00 to $54.00  (Lodi, CA to CA, WA, NY, FL, WI, CO etc.)

Available at:
Galvin's AMC Rambler Parts   12-2930 (Inspected at time of shipment, bumper bolts are only included from Galvin's with rear bumpers).
American Parts Depot  121 6801D
Kennedy American

1970 Front Bumpers, best ETA is mid-August~September~early-October
Painted rear bumpers are on order, put your pre-orders in ASAP.  Only 10 will be available.

Per Manufacturer: These are better than the other bumpers they sell, to which they sell by the thousands each year.  These are sold as Factory quality, they are a mass production, these are not $900-$1800 show quality bumpers.  In my opinion, they are better than factory.

Benjamin Galvin

Edited by ClassicCustom400 - Jul/19/2016 at 2:20pm
JeepComancher
www.ClassicCustom400.com
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2016 at 1:03pm
IMO, a vendor selling these parts for the first time should visually inspect each one. Not only for QC but to insure a high dollar product will be good and proper. Maybe making a request by contacting the vendor to carefully inspect before shipping would be best?

I dont think our AMC vendors are too busy to take some time verifying, after all it is their reputation on the line, no matter who makes the product.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
fasttony View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasttony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2016 at 5:18pm
I received the exchanged rear bumper today, it's much better than the first one a good deal for the price it compares to a re-chrome original. I decided to have my original bumpers show quality re-chromed. I have to say again the AMC vendor I purchased it from was real good about it and they do check them before shipping!  

Tony

Edited by fasttony - Jun/24/2016 at 9:48pm
javjav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javjav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2016 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by fasttony fasttony wrote:

I received the exchanged rear bumper today, it's much better than the first one a good deal for the price it compares to a re-chrome original. I decided to have my original bumpers show quality re-chromed. I have to say again the AMC vendor I purchased it from was real good about it and they do check them before shipping!  

Tony

Tony, check out Keystone Auto.  They purchased Northstar in Brainerd, MN and that place does really nice work.  A fanatical MOPAR owner put me on to them years ago.  Triple chrome on the rears is just $450, front 1970 is a little over $500 to $525.  Beautiful work and you get back what you send them, not some other core.
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2016 at 3:32pm
I checked my rearbumper, the chrome is shiny and more then ok to me.

Any news when the front 70s Bumpers come up for Sale?
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>
  Share Topic