TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > AMC Cars For Sale
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Reposting - 1980 Eagle wagon project but complete
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Reposting - 1980 Eagle wagon project but complete

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reposting - 1980 Eagle wagon project but complete
    Posted: May/30/2017 at 3:05pm
Reposting as I got busy with life, work, retirement and lost track of shop and cars for a while.

For sale - Project car, apart but complete, have all the parts and then some.

1980 Eagle "Limited" wagon.

Car is complete but apart (engine and front differential are out of car)

In 1980 AMC had not integrated the bumper ends into the side trim so these are a unique Eagle in many ways - appearance and trim, etc. (one year only for a number of things)

What was I asking last time I posted it? Can't recall..... but the parts alone are worth more than I was asking. 

Engine was removed for a rebuild and I could supply the original 1980 engine but those had the cast iron intake and old-style exhaust. I will instead supply the engine I pulled from my 1982 SX4 - it is a high miles engine that ran when I pulled it but the oil pressure dropped to under 8 psi at idle once warmed up. 
The engine would have the aluminum intake and better exhaust manifold - and since it came from an Eagle would work fine in this wagon.

The car is all here, but is a project intended for someone who wants to build an excellent, perhaps even show-quality Eagle wagon. It's been sitting in my shop for a few years and I realize I'll never get back to it to finish it. 
I have spent those years collecting PARTS. The car is full of extra parts, NOS parts, etc.
Examples of parts that go with the car:
New front exhaust pipe, from manifold to converter
extra set of door panels (tan - the car's interior is tan/brown)
New PS pressure hose
will make sure hood release cable is good, or will supply good cable
NOS electric remote mirrors with NOS switches
NOS liftgate hinges and gaskets
NOS liftgate pin and the socket it goes into, whatever that's called. 
NOS trim for around liftgate striker (the polished stainless plate)
Some NOS exterior trim
A piece or two of NOS interior trim - including a NOS rear panel
Console and gauges complete with wiring harness and vacuum hose
extra roof trim strips
extra belt-line door trim
new parking brake cable (I believe it's the front cable from pedal to the equalizer where the rear cables attach)
NOS door skin, I believe it's for driver door although the one on the car is fine, I just thought it might be nice to have)
Can include an extra automatic transmission - the one in the car was ok when it was parked but since I have an extra.......
extra carburetor or two
extra distributor or two
NOS factory 2" receiver/hitch never been installed, correct for 1980 wagon
extra odds and ends from my 1980 Concord wagon I am parting (can make sure all exterior door handles function, aren't broken)
May have extra door hinges, used by likely ok
I think I have a spare front axle and would send that if I do. 

Car will need tires and rear springs!!  It has Eagle steel wheels and all the Eagle wheel covers you can fit into the car or your truck. I have two stacks of Eagle wheel covers. 
Glass is good but one window is down and won't go up
Front frame rails have spot about the size of a quarter as I recall, I had planned on using a hole saw to remove the spot and then welding in a patch after cleaning, using rust conversion product, sealing, inside frame rails. As far as I know that's the only rust........... 

I would like to attach one condition - that the buyer actually DOES restore this car and show it off a bit. 
It's a nice color, and could be one of the nicer Eagle wagons out there considering all of the NOS and decent used parts that will go with it (need space and cash).
It's not a beginner project since it's an Eagle. Eagle people know what I mean. (engines are best installed from below with transmission and transfer case already assembled to engine - trust me)

I have some pictures of some of the parts when I get them dumped and loaded up. 
Central Iowa, will definitely need a way to load it onto a trailer - a winch, etc.
Left rear brake hangs up - likely rust in drum from sitting so it rolls hard. 

billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2017 at 4:02pm
Here are some of the smaller parts, NOS and excellent used to sort of whet an appetite, perhaps?

$1000 for car, the engine from my 82 Eagle (runs but had low oil pressure), and all parts that were intended to go with the wagon. 

The engine that goes with - that from my 82, has a cast aluminum valve cover from Bull Tear and will include PS pump, AC compressor (so you'll get two of those items - including the original from the 80 itself), plus if you want, the side glass from the Concord, which is the same.
I have gantry crane and engine hoist to help load stuff.

FROG View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2017 at 3:47pm
You could just bring it back to Pennsylvania and I'll give you gas money
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2017 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by FROG FROG wrote:

You could just bring it back to Pennsylvania and I'll give you gas money

The last trip cost roughly $750 gas, tolls and hotel (plus 3 days - one of those a 17 hour on the road day)
Nice try - haha.  I'm not even driving to the AMO show this year, that trip is too crazy for me these days. 

- you did notice that it's loaded with over a grand of NOS and other parts, right?
I figured the NOS parts alone are close to a grand.......... so technically it's already $1,500 or so less that what it's worth overall. 

NOS electric remote mirrors with NOS switches, NOS hatch hinges and seals, NOS AMC receiver hitch (specific to 1980 Eagle), NOS hood trim, new front exhaust pipe, and more, set of spare door panels, spare glass, other items too numerous to list (and I find more every time I dig through my parts tubs)
I would bet that anyone looking on can't find another AMC NOS hitch and NOS electric mirrors etc. 

If someone can't make a show-class Eagle out of this, they ain't trying. (and the 1980 is a classy looking car anyway)
FROG View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2017 at 8:21pm
I really hope someone saves this car and brings it back to its former glory, there is a reason I didn't junk it when I had to downsize, it's just too clean for being an east coast car. And I thank bill for keeping it safe and sound for almost 10 years now! WOW time sure does fly!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic