TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

REPO 70 AMX GRILLE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 11:36am
If 70 repopped grills are still in demand we would be well served to pool our requirements and work with the manufacturer to do a larger run to bring the price down.  The challenge with the AMC market is that lots fo folks say they want them but when it comes time to put down the cash, the interest seems to wane as was the case on Caltracs where we couldn't even get enough people to do a minimum of 8 orders required to get a decent discount. 
Galvin did a run of 10 and as a result, the cost this time around ended up quite a bit higher than when the AMC vendors shared a larger run that sold out within 12 months before this second run occured.  I need at least two of these grills so if there is interest, I would be willing to front an order for say 20 -25 if we can get enough folks signed up to make it worthwhile to do a larger run to bring the price down.

Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
mmaher94087 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmaher94087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 6:25pm
"The challenge with the AMC market is that lots fo folks say they want them but when it comes time to put down the cash, the interest seems to wane as was the case on Caltracs where we couldn't even get enough people to do a minimum of 8 orders required to get a decent discount."

Dan is spot on.  I'm not familiar with the Caltracts deal but I really find that the majority of AMC types are basically cheap or want to buy-in in the future at the old issue price but only when the product is needed.  I realize that Mopar, Ford, Chevy and a few other marques have more of a following (Ie. a larger base to pull from) but geeze, Dan couldn't get 8 confirmed orders.  I wish I'd bought more Steering Wheels when they were $53 each.

I understand supply and demand - the Kension theory for economic buffs - but as Dan said; pool the resorces for those scarce (but needed) items.  Heck, I had five NOS '70 Grilles when they were available from the factory but not enough AMXs to go arround.  Yea, I sold them and the cars but the point is that I had them stashed just incase.  Mike 

Edited by mmaher94087 - Mar/10/2013 at 6:54pm
Mike
70BBGS View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70BBGS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 6:35pm
It is Mike Tanuis not Mark. Quality and fit were good in his first runs.
4spd_74amx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4spd_74amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 7:42pm

I would imagine there are numerous 70 AMX owners around the country that are not forum members which would help a great deal in up'ing the number of potential buyers.  As I've seen many many times right here on the forum there are alot of people that don't even have a clue any of the major AMC vendors exist (Shocked) so even if they had them they may not sell either.  If a 71-74 grill was repop'ed I would have my name on the list and actually buy it Smile  

440sixpack View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 440sixpack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 8:33pm
If you're thinking of doing a run I'd buy one, I've been thinking about doing it it anyway.
348AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 348AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 8:36pm
Might make more sense to get a run of 68-9 AMX grills done first, and then use those profits toward the cost of a run of 70' AMX grills. I think that more 68-9 grills could be sold than 70 grills.
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by 348AMX 348AMX wrote:

Might make more sense to get a run of 68-9 AMX grills done first, and then use those profits toward the cost of a run of 70' AMX grills. I think that more 68-9 grills could be sold than 70 grills.
You may be right but I would want to get this done before I am too old and too senile to remember that it was a two part process!  Getting a run of 68/69 grilles to sell out will no doubt take years to complete and by then all the guys that wanted a 70 grille will have sold their cars to someone new!
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
hillbillymark View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbillymark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2013 at 1:00pm
I need a 1970 amx grille I we can order them I will gladly buy one
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2013 at 2:36pm
What is a really nice 70 AMX factory original grill worth now days?
Confused
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
whizkidder View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizkidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2013 at 2:45pm
I scored an NOS 70 Grill at Kenosha in 2011 for $1150. I'm sure they've gone up from there.
Ron Frost
marne1ancient @ gmail.com
910 nine two two 0563

"There is no limit to what a man can do, so long as he does not care a straw who gets credit for it. Charles Montague
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic