TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Replacing parking light bulbs...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2020 at 7:40pm
I'd like to check out the side marker bulb but I'm not sure how to get at it. Would I pull out the wires from the back or do I need to remove the 2 screws that attach the light to the fender?

I received the Ron Francis wiring diagram today so have a better idea as to what is connected to what but at this point still no parking or side marker lights (except when the headlights are on). I can see the appropriate wires are running to the parking lights and the side marker lights. Not sure at this point if they are  attached to the correct terminal on the light switch. I've been hoping that I will not have to remove the switch but I probably will have to. The switch itself is actually supplied by Ron Francis.

I'm assuming the led lights being used as parking bulbs are not causing any issues.

Thanks.
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2020 at 7:53pm
68, 69 AMX doesn't have replaceable bulbs in the front markers.
If it blows out, just go to the dealer and pick up another lampLOL

AMX2020 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2020 at 8:15pm
OK, thanks for the info!
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2020 at 8:29pm
I you want to test the bulb in the side marker I'd suggest simply unplug the connector from the back and use a ohm meter to check for continuity or a pair of clip leads and a 9 volt battery to verify the bulb is good. These are one piece and they simply snap in the chrome frames from the front side. If you try to pop them out from the rear you're likely to snap off the ends of the amber lens when doing so as they become brittle with age.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
AMX2020 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2020 at 5:48pm
Got the parking lights working finally. Removed the dash overlay and the tach which gave me access to the taillight and parking light wires. I spliced the parking lights into the taillight circuit so now the parking lights are on with the headlight switch in either position which works for me.

Only the side indicator light not working properly. There is a light but very dim. The other one is fine.
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2020 at 6:27pm
By side indicator do you mean the amber marker light on the front fender ?
If so, make sure the plug in connector contacts on the back side are clean. You should have battery voltage (12 volts) going to it when the lights are on. I suppose you could simply have a marker with a blackened bulb.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
AMX2020 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2020 at 9:19pm
Hi, yes, the amber marker light on the side of the fender.I noticed it flickering in the past, now it just faintly glows. 

I will check on the things you mentioned.
AMX2020 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2020 at 10:21pm
I pulled the connector out from the back. There is a tiny led bulb in there. I pushed and turned on the bulb and suddenly it was super bright. Then I reinstalled. Looks good now but might just loosen off on the first bump. Thanks for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic