TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

redline radials and Goodyear Polyglass tires

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: redline radials and Goodyear Polyglass tires
    Posted: Apr/01/2013 at 3:37pm
Wanted to let everyone know that AZ AMC Restoration and Parts is now an authorized dealer for both Kelsey Tires who owns the rights and molds to Goodyear Polyglass tires and Diamondback Tires who will make any size redline radial tire you want from a BF Goodrich Radial TA.  Neither are inexpensive but at least we will be offering a discount to forum members off their list prices which cannot be found elsewhere on the internet.
I do not yet have a credit card payment system up so the only forms of payment accepted are Paypal "Personal Payments for money owed" and bank or postal money orders.  For shipping, it is far more cost effective to send to a business address so if possible be sure to specificy a legitimate business shipping address in order to save roughly 30% off the cost of shipping on the tires. 

Edited by amx39068 - Apr/01/2013 at 6:25pm
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
Rogue343 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2013 at 4:47pm
Dan, I think you're first reference for the Goodyear tires is a company called Kelsey Tire in Missouri.  They are the authorized supplier for Goodyear classic tires.  Kelly-Springfield, now known as Kelly Tires, is still a viable tire brand and a  wholly owned subsidiary of Goodyear.   
1967 Rambler Rogue 'X' code 343 4 speed
1966 Rambler American 440 4 door Factory 290 (now 360) 4 speed VIN 100003
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2013 at 6:28pm
Right you are. Correction made to the announcement.   Thanks!

I ordered a set of very painfully expensive E60/15s today for a guy's Machine and E70/14s for the Bittersweet 70 AMX.  The 14s were were roughly half the cost of the bigger tires and still very costly but not anywhere near as bad as the Machine tires.

Edited by amx39068 - Apr/01/2013 at 6:33pm
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
typhooner View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typhooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 8:40am
Do you mind saying how much $$ for the E60-15's? You can PM me if you wish. That's what are supposed to be original on my 73' AMX, and i'm thinking about getting a set. What i'm confused about is the literature says this (Go Pac) car has E60-15's...........which to me implies all the way around, but doesn't say if they are on the front also. ?? I was told by someone they wouldn't fit the front. True, or not? Also, in our phone conversation of late, you knew of a guy that found a substance that softens(with multiple applications) old hard vinyl. Have any info for me? Thanks.
1969 Hurst SC/Rambler A Scheme
1969 Rebel Raider Electric Green    1962 IH/AMC SC/out
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 9:02am
Those tires list for $354 each!  I will PM you with the discount. 

69ambassador390 is the guy that used the stuff to soften the leather in the Cougar we took in trade to redo his Ambo.  I will ask him today and post it back here and in the restoration section.

We put the equivalent szie radial tires on the front of the 74 Jav AMX on the 15x7 ralleys and they are fine.  Likwise, on Machine wheels the E60/15 fit fine on the front of a 70 AMX although with the old 4 piston calipers they may require the spacers.  There are no issues with fender clearance on either with stock height springs

Edited by amx39068 - Apr/02/2013 at 9:08am
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 10:44am
These are the tires we ordered for the 70 AMX only in E70/14 rather than F70 in the picture.

And these are the tires we ordered for the Machine likewise in E60 rather than F

monasmarlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote monasmarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 3:58pm
SmallHurst, who is a member of this forum, also sells these tires at a discount, so I don't know where the "a discount to forum members off their list prices which cannot be found elsewhere on the internet" came from as he has been offering discounts for a few years. I have bought tires from him and his prices were less than anything else I found on the internet.

Edited by monasmarlin - Apr/03/2013 at 5:47am
1965 Marlin. 327/Auto.
Black/Silver.

1966 Marlin 327/Auto.
Samoa Gold/White

amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by monasmarlin monasmarlin wrote:

SmallHurst, who is a member of this forum, also sells these tires at a discount, so I don't know where the "a discount to forum members off their list prices which cannot be found elsewhere on the internet" came from as he has been offering discounts for a few years. I have bought tires from him and his prices were less than anything else I found on the internet.
What does this have to do with anything regarding this announcement?  I too have bought tires from Smallhurst but as far as I am aware he is neither a manufacturer nor does he advertise on the internet that I know of but even if he did, so what?   My comments were directed towards and with regard to the COMPANIES that sell these tires on the internet and I am at a loss as to how anyone can misconstrue the above quoted comment to mean anything to the contrary. 

And maybe someone can please help us all understand why having mulitple options for our AMC parts and equipment needs would even remotely be considered a bad thing? 

If someone wants to buy tires from us we will give them the best deal we can.  If they wish to buy from Smallhurst or anyone else more power to them and I hope they get as good a deal as we offer.  If not, their loss.  

amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 10:33pm

content no longer relevant so deleted.

Edited by amx39068 - Apr/03/2013 at 10:25pm
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 10:55pm
Enough said, guys. Let's let the offer stand. Buyers are welcome to choose any seller they want. 

Paul Mittermaier
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic