TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Rapidair MaxLine compressed air piping system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonnycopco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2015 at 12:04pm
If your experiencing condensation in your air line, consider a refrigerated air dryer. You can find these priced fairly descent, and it should resolve any condensation in the lines, and save you money and a great deal of frustration.
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2015 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Jonnycopco Jonnycopco wrote:

If your experiencing condensation in your air line, consider a refrigerated air dryer. You can find these priced fairly descent, and it should resolve any condensation in the lines, and save you money and a great deal of frustration.
It is 1 thing if you are using the air to run a business and another if using it as a hobby like most of us are if refrigeration is the way to go or not. Also they are not as cheap as you make it out to be and yes I did look into it. Just like the compressor you need to size the drier for the CFM being used otherwise you will still have wet air.

I have not really put my system under a lot of load yet but so far I have not seen any water at any of the drip legs only at the tank that I drain before each use. I will post back when I use it more.
Dave ----
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
amxron View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2015 at 11:57pm
For real good info go to

Ron.
AMXron
Fleet/Jeep Mgr.
Orbit AMC/Jeep
50-1787
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2017 at 1:25pm
Wow guess it's been a little bit ;)
So an update:
Got to say the whole air system works great. I have only had a little water at the fin tube "air dryer" none at any of the line drops and I use only 1 most of the time. The one up front between the 2 bays.

I have used air on a 81 F100 Ford PU I am doing a frame off rebuild on.

Where I am at now

So between metal work, body work with air grinder & sanders and spray painting the fire wall, door jambs and inside of cab it has been worked hard.
Dave ----

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
gtpower View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2017 at 8:04pm
Dave, Great looking work and glad to hear how well your system is working!  Max line is super stuff and you did a very nice installation that will serve you well for years to come.

1968 AMX 390 4speed
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2017 at 6:45am
Thanks on both the work done & air line.
With the air system I wanted something that would last.
Nothing like getting part way thru a job and having the system fail.

I am vary happy the way it turned out and works. With just me using the air the system is over kill but you know what they say......
Go big or go home! LOL
Dave ----

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
brownspirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2017 at 9:42pm
Dave, I hope everything is going well down south for you and the family, it certainly appears to be. I think I'm probably not alone when I say that I'd love to see more pictures of the project. It looks cool for sure. Andy
69' BBB AMX 390/4-speed

69' s/crambler project

69’ International F210d Cummins/5+4
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2018 at 10:58am
It has been a bit since I checked in here.
I do check every few weeks to see if anyone left a PM but the job keeps me busy so much so I am not in the garage like I want.

If you want to see more pictures of the truck here is a link to me site where I post them from.

On the bed the factory short bed flare side has a wood floor that was nothing left of and too much money to put back to stock.
Using my parts truck long bed metal floor I made it work in place of the wood and look factory stock.
I also added duel fuel tanks, from the parts truck, that was never an option on the flare side.
Truck is almost ready for paint taken 7/4/18
Once it is back on the road I will be getting back on my 70 Javelin
Dave ----

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
LouB View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2021 at 10:12am
I also installed the rapidair line system.  Works very well for me!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic