TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Rapid Delivery-Ollie's Postal Jeep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2016 at 2:36pm
Rapid came thru his major emergency surgery with flying colors !!!

I completely removed the trans mounting I had made and welded a piece of 3/16 plate to the top of the cross member. That dropped the tail shaft down about 1 inch. Used my come along to pull the drive shaft straight and bolted the NAPA Rambler trans mount to the plate.

Test ride was a complete success !!!!! No vibration.

To celebrate the occasion Rapid is going to be the main attraction at our local cruise in this evening !!!!!!!!

AMC Pumped UP,
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2016 at 11:45am
Rapid Delivery went to the trim shop today. He has been running like a finely jeweled Swiss watch so to award him....

He looks better showing off his name

Hope he sells soon so I can use the money for new wheels and tires on The Rambler. Big July 4 Sale...reduced to $2900

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2016 at 5:59pm
UPDATE ....Looks like Rapid Delivery is not going anywhere soon. I tried to sell him during Crusin the Coast and no takers. Guess Rapid is telling me he wants to stay here at Ollie MotorSports. I have decided that I have officially bonded with him. He is not really a parking problem, fires right up if I need to move him and he is actually fun to drive. I have insurance on him too.

The time will come when I have nothing to do and Rapid will be a good project to finish up. All he really needs is a paint job and I can do that myself. I mean he runs and drives 100%.

Anyway, played with Rapid today. I was organizing my parts shelf today and I found a new correct exhaust donut so I installed it. He did not have the correct donut. I also put on a battery connect/disconnect.

I hung my new sign that I purchased at the Halloween Car Show in Houston, TX. They had a silent charity auction and I bought it.

The sofa area is the No Bull Zone. That means that NO bull is spoken there !!! Anywhere else in the shop you can speak all The Bull you want. Now, if someone believes it......all the better.

Got to get The Rambler ready next week for the Winter Rod Run, Jasper, Texas Nov 18-20.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2016 at 3:24pm
Ollie, I found a "Parts Source for Rapid DeliveryBig smile"....

Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2016 at 8:06am
WOW Dickie.......
I should be able to find any thing I need in that AMC Iron pile !!!!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2017 at 5:10pm
I can’t believe that it has been this long since I have posted to Rapid Delivery’s page.

Rapid has been standing by for orders, waiting on a Rapid Delivery Mission, but no requests have been received at OllieMotorSports…..yet.

Rapid has been officially adopted and is one of the loved family. No offers when I had him up For Sale. In OllieMotorSports tradition we will just throw more money at him.

New custom made doors, body and paint work are coming soon.

A friend called and asked me if I want some trunk liner/carpet. I said sure. It is Nissan rejected material.

Add a qt of contact cement I see a new interior for Rapid.

Rapid has sat so long he is now broke. When I started him up the alternator is not putting out. No charge at all. I got a single wire alt on the shelf. Have to fabricate brackets.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2017 at 6:44pm
Me and Rapid Delivery had some bonding time today.

I mocked up the door that will replace the sliding doors. Good thing I did this before I cut the actual wood doors as my first mock up was a dud. I only have enough 1" plywood for one cut.

I am going to use Jeep hood hinges for my door hinges.

My first door looked good, but the problem was with the mounting bolts for the door hinge. They were going to end up on top of the top frame. Not good.

I had to add 1 3/4" to the length of the door. Now the bolts will be a workable area.

Got it looking good now. Need to get the other sliding door removed. I got a plan for covering the doors.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

RebelRay View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebelRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2017 at 6:49pm
Going for suicide doors there, Ollie? Glad to see Rapid Delivery getting some love!
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2017 at 7:32am
Originally posted by RebelRay RebelRay wrote:

Going for suicide doors there, Ollie? Glad to see Rapid Delivery getting some love!

You bet.......Ray
You could call Rapid a suicide machine if you drive it much over 50 mph...hehehehehehehe

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2017 at 11:02am
Moved over to the "passenger" side last night. Mock up door fit great, no shocking surprises.

I will have to add a spacer to the hinge where it mounts to the body. It will have to be approximately 1" thick. Anyone have the cnc equipment to cut me 4 of them?

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>
  Share Topic