TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Rapid Delivery-Ollie's Postal Jeep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2015 at 11:58am
Messed up my picture link, hope this works Ollie
https://picasaweb.google.com/satellite1965/RapidDeliveryOllieSPostalJeep#[/URL]

Edited by Ollie - Feb/25/2015 at 9:08am
2AMCKIDZ View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2AMCKIDZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2015 at 2:30pm
You need to watch out on the wider Ford wheels as if you drive it with the doors open they will rub on the doors. Had a 76 that i installed those wheels on and had that problem.

Joe
1969 AMX
1971 Gremlin
trewyn15 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trewyn15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2015 at 2:37pm
This will be a cool build!

If I get time tonight I'll photoshop you up some copies with your color scheme so you can get a better idea of what you're looking to build towards :)
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Night Edition
2000 Trans Am WS6
1989 Trans Am GTA
1989 Grand Prix ASC/McLaren
1983 AMC Concord DL
1966 AMC Rambler Rebel Classic
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2015 at 2:42pm
I had to remove the door to get the tire on.

I am going to fabricate some steel half doors and hinge them.
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2015 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by trewyn15 trewyn15 wrote:

This will be a cool build!

If I get time tonight I'll photoshop you up some copies.. :)

TKS, cool
Ollie
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2015 at 6:32pm
Ollie, there was a thread on this site a little while ago about installing front discs on an early Postal truck. The poster figured out a way to do it without too much trouble.

Found it! http://theamcforum.com/forum/disc-brake-conversion_topic42114_page3.html

Edited by scott - Feb/24/2015 at 6:37pm
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2015 at 12:08pm
My seats arrived today, but todays ice storm makes it a bit to cold to work in the shop.
Looks as if the drivers side maybe a direct bolt in, but will have to make brackets for the passenger seat.
Don't see a big issue.
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2015 at 8:31am
Weather was more cooperative today. Started fabricating my seat brackets. Got all four of the main supports done. Will do the final fitting today. The floor is in excellent condition. Seat belts arrived too.

This mock up gives you the general idea. Think it will look sharp. Staying with the red, white and blue theme.
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2015 at 8:47am
Got the brackets the built and fitted. Picked up the height of the seat 2 1/2". Now I am looking thru the upper half of the windshield. By using the 2" wide angle I will be lining up with all the original bolt holes.
The floor is in great shape. Hope to get it bolted in today and the seat belts installed. The passenger side should go a lot easier.

Keep having fun with your AMC
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2015 at 1:39pm
Seat and belt project is Completed !!

I am ready for our local cruise in this Saturday. It will be the first time that Rapid has been to a social function.

Ready to move on to the next project: brakes. They work good, I see no leaks, but it does have a mixture of regular and silicone fluid. I will give them a complete inspection and adjustment.

Bye for now..off AMC'ing
Ollie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
  Share Topic