TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Rambler Spares Parts cars update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by 6768rogues 6768rogues wrote:

Originally posted by 6705-5R AUS 6705-5R AUS wrote:

That is aJeep that is registered for road use.

Thanks. My wife and I plan to visit Australia in a couple of years when she retires. Perhaps by then I will know the language!

If you need any advice on what to see I am sure us Aussies will help you out.
It would be a bit pricey at the moment though considering you will get 95 Australian cents to your dollar.

6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2013 at 6:34pm
I will be looking up some of our Forum friends when we get there. We are thinking about Hawaii for a week or so, Australia for 3 or 4 weeks, maybe New Zealand and whatever else. Do it once and cross it off my list of things to do during this lifetime.

Edited by 6768rogues - Jan/23/2013 at 6:36pm
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
aussie rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussie rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2013 at 9:47pm
yep ,just want another oneLOL
bloody mongral bastard ramblers....lol..
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2013 at 2:58am
Originally posted by WesternRed WesternRed wrote:

Bit sad to see so many ramblers in that condition, at least they can still help kep a few others on the road. How rusted out is the 70 Ambo? Would still loveto get one of those things.
Sad to see in that condition yeah but would love them in my backyard. What a cool sight all those Ramblers togehter as they were left after whatever life they led. If only old cars could talk. Some of the stories some of them cars could tell :-)
6705-5R AUS View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6705-5R AUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2013 at 5:02am
Originally posted by 6768rogues 6768rogues wrote:

I will be looking up some of our Forum friends when we get there. We are thinking about Hawaii for a week or so, Australia for 3 or 4 weeks, maybe New Zealand and whatever else. Do it once and cross it off my list of things to do during this lifetime.

Come on down, tie it in with a couple of car shows and everybody is a winner.
67 American 440 Sedan (RHD)
aussie rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussie rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2013 at 5:38am
Originally posted by WesternRed WesternRed wrote:

Originally posted by aussie rambler aussie rambler wrote:

ps ....intereseted in sellin the 65 hardtop????????   swap ya a regoed jeep cherokeWink

How about a 66 Rogue, you would probably land it for $10K?

yep a nice car!!! , but seriously ...the next rambler i buy  will be a convertible 64 to 66 american or classic Wink.........park it in the shed next to my dodge dart convert+rambler coupe + 64 classic, then next to my ol holdens ......and a couple of early 60's fords.......yep its a big shed (barn...ha ha )
bloody mongral bastard ramblers....lol..
Oz_Bren View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oz_Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 5:08pm
I'm looking for a PBR master cylinder for a 1970 Rebel, as pictured. Would you have one of these NOS or used in good working order? or know of a compatible M/C off a Ford/Holden? Thanks

huddy1955 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddy1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2013 at 4:37am
I,ve got a couple used ones, I will be in the shed tomorrow afternoon. I cannot tell you whether they are good or not. I'm sure it wouldn't be to dear to get one rebuilt. Many Brake repairs have a lot of PBR stock.
1955 Hudson Hornet Custom
1963 Rambler Classic 660 wagon
1969 AMX 343 auto NO# 09 of 24
1973 Rambler Matador Wagon 360
1985 Jeep J20 pick up 360
2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic
plenty of parts cars
bbgjc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2013 at 6:06am
A few PM's have been sent regarding "bits and bobs".  Let me know the status we your able.
Cheers,
John
Oz_Bren View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oz_Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 3:40am
I managed to free my master cylinder up with WD-40 and it now pumps fluid out through the front and rear outlet nipples so I now need to bleed the brakes properly and see what happens. It doesn't feel like the booster is doing much but I don't know if that's the booster itself or blocked vacuum or the M/C could well be stuffed?? so I'd still be interested to know what's available in the shed in case parts are needed. No hurry though, next time you're in the shed. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic