TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Rambler Gasser info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2019 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by 1966/401/6speedUSA 1966/401/6speedUSA wrote:

Hello !
I just joined the Forum this morning. I hope that my message goes to the right place.
The gasser you are talking about was owned by my friend Dan out of Onalaska Washington. Dan is a great engine builder. I bought the 66 American street car from him that has a 401 full roller motor Tremec 6 speed 4.11 gear car. I can call and ask him if he is okay with me sharing more information on him and the drag car. I will share photos of the street car very soon.
Thanks for allowing me to join the AMCFORUM

Welcome to the forum Ken,
I, for one, would love to hear and see more details about your car.
You should make a post in new members and introduce yourself, and your ride.
When you get enough posts, lets see lots of pictures (or use some type of 3rd party pix host so we can see right away).
Anyway...Welcome from Cal Central Coast.

g-man
AMC only daily driver
crossramrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crossramrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2019 at 7:31pm
We need to see pictures of your car. Seen the ad on Craigslist and thought it was really cool. Will you be attending the Oregon City show in August? Thanks Jim
66sevets View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66sevets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 4:21pm

Hello !
I just joined the Forum this morning. I hope that my message goes to the right place.
The gasser you are talking about was owned by my friend Dan out of Onalaska Washington. Dan is a great engine builder. I bought the 66 American street car from him that has a 401 full roller motor Tremec 6 speed 4.11 gear car. I can call and ask him if he is okay with me sharing more information on him and the drag car. I will share photos of the street car very soon.
Thanks for allowing me to join the AMCFORUM

I would like to see photos of your car too. Dan does nice work from what I've seen I bet it's nice!
66sevets View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66sevets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by crossramrambler crossramrambler wrote:

We need to see pictures of your car. Seen the ad on Craigslist and thought it was really cool. Will you be attending the Oregon City show in August? Thanks Jim

Hi crossramrambler, no Oregon City show, I brought the car to Michigan. Maybe get it out to the track Sunday.
crossramrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crossramrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2019 at 11:07am
I am sorry it was meant for 1966/401/6speedUSA.
1966/401/6speedUSA View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1966/401/6speedUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2019 at 10:21am
Going to try to get these pictures of the 1966 street car . hope this turns out well. The American is an original 290 4 speed car that came out of Florida some 20 years ago and as far as I know the paint is at least that old. The car has a few new parts like carpet and door sill plates and re-chromed bumpers.
Dan says he built the engine using a formula from a magazine article called Building and AMC Brute. That was a360 but this engine is a 401 stock bore. My engine uses ported 291C heads 1.6 585 Hyd. roller cam. Dan says this combo makes about 10.5 to 1 compression.
the car has a Tremec 6 speed with 4.11 gears.
I trued to copy and paste photos but don't have enough knowledge to get this done. I will have to ask my 6 year old granddaughter.
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2019 at 12:19pm

Going to try to get these pictures of the 1966 street car . hope this turns out well. The American is an original 290 4 speed car that came out of Florida some 20 years ago and as far as I know the paint is at least that old. The car has a few new parts like carpet and door sill plates and re-chromed bumpers.
Dan says he built the engine using a formula from a magazine article called Building and AMC Brute. That was a360 but this engine is a 401 stock bore. My engine uses ported 291C heads 1.6 585 Hyd. roller cam. Dan says this combo makes about 10.5 to 1 compression.
the car has a Tremec 6 speed with 4.11 gears.
I trued to copy and paste photos but don't have enough knowledge to get this done. I will have to ask my 6 year old granddaughter.
Until you get 30 post you can't post photos through the forum. Now you can use Photobucket or a 3rd party service and post the URL, but you have to use the, Insert Hyperlink tab to make it clickable.

Tom
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2019 at 3:37pm
cool

Riffraff View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riffraff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2021 at 7:40pm
Do you still have the rambler gasser from Washington?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic