TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Rally Pack install into a Concord 4dr...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2016 at 8:27am
So will changing the connectors to the later style ones help?
uncljohn View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncljohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2016 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by 1982AMCConcord 1982AMCConcord wrote:

So will changing the connectors to the later style ones help?

Whether a connector gets changed or not depends solei on the circumstances at the moment. What parts an individual has and what condition they are in.
70 390 5spd Donohue
74 Hornet In restoration
76 Hornet, 5.7L Mercury Marine Power
80 Fuel Injected I6 Spirit
74 232 I-6, 4bbl, 270HL Isky Cam
amcfool1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcfool1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2016 at 2:32pm
hi, I must say that i am really enjoying this thread. Trying to put a 77 Rally Pack into an 82 Concord is kind of like getting a donkey and a horse together, can be done, but there may be kicking involved!:) good luck, y'all! gz
george z
uncljohn View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncljohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2016 at 5:01pm
Putting a rally pack in a 77 Hornet is problematic if all you have is unidentified pieces and the remnants of a wire harness of unknown source and vintage.
Realistically speaking of course.
But with a little bit of tracing things can be sorted out.
70 390 5spd Donohue
74 Hornet In restoration
1982AMCConcord View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2016 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by uncljohn uncljohn wrote:

Putting a rally pack in a 77 Hornet is problematic if all you have is unidentified pieces and the remnants of a wire harness of unknown source and vintage.

And that's what I got UnclJohn! I got the harness in the mail... I will be send it to you at the end of next week.

Thanks for your support.
uncljohn View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncljohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2016 at 5:35pm
John,
Send what you have, all of it, and tell me exactly what you think you have and what you think you want and we will go from there. O.K.
John
70 390 5spd Donohue
74 Hornet In restoration
toolmanxiii View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolmanxiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2016 at 8:49am
Originally posted by 1982AMCConcord 1982AMCConcord wrote:

Originally posted by uncljohn uncljohn wrote:

And that's what I got UnclJohn! I got the harness in the mail... I will be send it to you at the end of next week.

Thanks for your support.

I thought you were putting it in an 82 ... I have a 77 harness and console also and it wired completely different from the the one from the 79. even the plug points in the pod side plug are in different positions.
I'll dig out the 79 harness and take a pic of the fuse block with the wires and pod attached.
PM sent

Edited by toolmanxiii - Nov/10/2016 at 9:35am
71 360 Hornet sst 83 2wd 360/727 Eagle wagon (crashed)
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2016 at 10:00am
Originally posted by toolmanxiii toolmanxiii wrote:

I thought you were putting it in an 82 ... I have a 77 harness and console also and it wired completely different from the the one from the 79. even the plug points in the pod side plug are in different positions.
I'll dig out the 79 harness and take a pic of the fuse block with the wires and pod attached.
PM sent
[/QUOTE]

Yes... I have a harness for a 77 Hornet AMX and I want to put it in a 82 Concord.

I tried to message you back but for some reason when I try to send a message it says there is an error...

Your pictures are really good. Can you post the pictures here so everyone can see them?
toolmanxiii View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolmanxiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2016 at 2:46pm
I posted to Photo bucket.  I hope the link works.
http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/toolmanxiiu/slideshow/Rally%20pack%2079%20AMC
71 360 Hornet sst 83 2wd 360/727 Eagle wagon (crashed)
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2016 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by toolmanxiii toolmanxiii wrote:

I posted to Photo bucket.  I hope the link works.
http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/toolmanxiiu/slideshow/Rally%20pack%2079%20AMC

Oh yeah... it works. Nice. Thanks a lot. I can see them so much better now.. it seems that your harness is the exact same on I have. Seems like its got all the same lead outs and connectors.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic