TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - racing at Lakeland dragstrip in July and August
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

racing at Lakeland dragstrip in July and August

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flboatman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: racing at Lakeland dragstrip in July and August
    Posted: Jul/17/2014 at 8:40pm
are any of you racers going to race at Lakeland drag strip this or next month. I need some AMC support. I tow 70 mi. to track if not raining , my little Spirit runs 6.0 and as low as 5.85 for show, I'm the only AMC racing there that I know of. H E L P !!!! Thanks Gary flboatman1@yahoo.com

Edited by flboatman1 - Jul/23/2014 at 9:41am
flboatman1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flboatman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2014 at 9:47pm
Well I guess nobody owns a AMC in my area so lets tri for Oct. and Nov. Thanks Gary if you have a car racing there e/mail me flboatman1@yahoo.com
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flboatman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2014 at 3:45pm
anybody racing at LAKELAND FL. THIS WEEKEND 10/25/14
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2014 at 4:36pm
Gary......
So...more info about your car???......
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flboatman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2014 at 11:25pm
1979 Spirit full tube cassis car coil overs front and rear, a arm frt. with rack and pinion strg. ladder bar rear with coil overs, Dana 60 513 gear,355 sbc. 13.5 two 1 comp. Enderly alc. tunnel ram injection, aluminum heads roller rocker arms with girdles, roller cam, gear drive, power glide 180 gear, manual valve body, trans brake, elect shifter,msd 7al3 box 3step, co2 throttle enhancer, complete msd ignition. weighs 2300 lbs. I have detuned car so it will run hi 5.90's 6.0, 1.20's 60 ft. 112 mph.in 1/8th mi. when you stag this car, when you push in button the throttle releases, and you hold peddle on floor, when you release button on top bulb the delay kicks in and when it's over it floors itself and releases trans brake, then it shifts on a pre set rpm all you do is stir and brake car. that about it Thanks Gary. there is a couple of pictures on page 9 of introduction area around fourth down

Edited by flboatman1 - Oct/27/2014 at 11:31pm
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2014 at 11:43pm
took a look at the pictures...thanks.....
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
Richtom1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richtom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2014 at 4:25pm
Hey flboatman1 I didn't know there was drag racing in Lakeland

I live in Spring Hill too off Mariner and Landover just south of 50

Richard
amx600rr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx600rr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2014 at 5:31pm
Hey flboatman1, Nice Spirit. You should head a little farther south. There is the Nostalgia Drags & Muscle car Shoot-out, Car show & Swap Meet at Bradenton Motorsports Park Saturday. Won't be may AMC's here. And Florida Mopars with Big Daddy this weekend in Ocala, I'm going to try to do both.

Jerry
Green AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2014 at 7:42pm
My Amx and Javelin will be at Bradenton,they will be in the car show this year. Might run the Amx in true street at the NMCA race in the spring. Need to hit a few test n tunes, it's been ten years since I raced it at the Dragstrip.
69 AMX 390 4speed go pack
72 Javelin 360 auto(sons)
82 Spirit (wife's 1st car)still not done
amx600rr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx600rr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2014 at 8:13pm
Green AMX, I'll be in the swap meet, but will say "Hi" first chance I get.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic