TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > In Memoriam
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

R.I.P. Larry G. Mitchell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2018 at 12:21pm
Thanks for better details George. I was just going off of initial news. 
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2018 at 1:38pm
Although Larry and I didn't see eye-to-eye on some things, I'm very sorry to hear this.  He was a wealth of AMC knowledge and an asset to the AMC community.  He and Linda will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2018 at 1:45pm
A truly sad day for the AMC World and Larry's family.
My condolences to Linda.
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2018 at 3:05pm
Sorry to hear this,
thanks for posting the info and update here for us.
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
Blue Stinger View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Blue Stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2018 at 6:16pm
The news of Larry's passing crushes me.  He and I were good friends since the early '70's.  We first met when we were both members of the American Motors Car Club of Chicago.  Although I spoke to Larry many times by phone over the years my regret is that I didn't see him more often especially when he moved to Utah.  The AMC community has lost one of its true giants and I have lost a dear friend.  My condolences to Linda and best wishes for a speedy recovery from her injuries.

Rest in Peace Larry
Mark Ogulnick
Boulder City, NV
'71 Hornet SC 360
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2018 at 6:49pm
I'm sorry to hear of Larry Mitchell's passing . It is great lose to the AMC hobby , especially due to his knowledge of AMCs. I did not always agree with Larry but we have been on good speaking terms for the last few years. LRDaum
LRDaum
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2018 at 8:25pm
WOW...really sorry to here this....just lost a racer friend a few days ago and now Larry....first met Larry at his car show in Denver in 1999 and again at car shows over the years...we became friends....yes he will be missed...R.I.P MR AMC!!
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2018 at 5:30pm
SORRY TO HEAR OF THE PASSING OF A MAN WHO WAS IN ALL RESPECTS MR. AMX. I MET LARRY IN ROCKFORD, ILLINOIS BACK IN THE EARLY 80'S
1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

SPEED COSTS MONEY HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?
ronte View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ronte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2018 at 11:48am
UPDATE from Linda's brother as told to me.   It was a one Jeep accident.  NOT A ROLLOVER!  It happened on Arizona Hwy 89 outside of Page at 12:30 PM Saturday the 22. 

Larry was driving and made a pass on a truck.  He over shot the return to his lane hit the right shoulder and over corrected.  Then went back over the left lane and down the hill.  It was almost a hundred foot angle down according to the tow truck driver.  The Jeep plowed dirt and bounced down the hill till it hit bottom.  Larry was NOT wearing his seat belt and took out the windshield.  Died right away at the accident the ambulance staff reported.  

Linda was wearing hers, but did get many broken bones and scrapes.  She was air lifted to the Flagstaff Medical Center.  Needed a few minor operations to get thing back in order!  She is doing well!

Larry will be cremated.  There will be NO funeral or memorial by Linda and Larry's wishes.

This is all I have at this time.
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2018 at 11:55am
Ron...thanks for the update.....
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic