TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Project X

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2020 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by 304-dude 304-dude wrote:

Can't remember off hand, what adapter kit you used for the use for a GM type II power steering pump. Not that I am using one, just for those who are interested. I really like the compact type II or similar pump on our engines. Its reservoir is one of the best looking over all. Clean and simple.

As for alternator... someone who used the Sanden bracket, mounted their SI alternator on the top lower mounting boss. Which allowed for more clearces. I think they had to use a long spacer with arm to mount the bottom tab with. Though you may find your clearances just enough to live with. Just info on various other methods that can be done. The Sanden bracket has it's value, in how it cleans up space for various options.
The bracket for the GM II pump is a Control Freak product. It bolts right up. Pretty sweet.

I would have to see that alternator mounted off the Sanden bracket. With the heater hose coming out in that general area I can't visualize how the alternator would clear it. Not that I doubt that it could be done, I just can't picture it.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2020 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by pit crew pit crew wrote:

Can't remember off hand, what adapter kit you used for the use for a GM type II power steering pump. Not that I am using one, just for those who are interested. I really like the compact type II or similar pump on our engines. Its reservoir is one of the best looking over all. Clean and simple.

As for alternator... someone who used the Sanden bracket, mounted their SI alternator on the top lower mounting boss. Which allowed for more clearces. I think they had to use a long spacer with arm to mount the bottom tab with. Though you may find your clearances just enough to live with. Just info on various other methods that can be done. The Sanden bracket has it's value, in how it cleans up space for various options.
The bracket for the GM II pump is a Control Freak product. It bolts right up. Pretty sweet.

I would have to see that alternator mounted off the Sanden bracket. With the heater hose coming out in that general area I can't visualize how the alternator would clear it. Not that I doubt that it could be done, I just can't picture it.

Can't remember who, its been some time, but a member had built up an engine setup like yours, that did something that used late model alternator brackets, but minimized some of how it's mounted. I did my own custom version, with just enough clearance for heater hose to be replaced. Tight just a wee bit for custom, but doable. Never got to see deeper on his routing, as it was a small image of engine out of car. I may have posted a link in one of my threads... if I find it, I will show the picture. I think it was one of Rebel Machine's engines, or shootist builds. Been over a year at least 2 years now.

Edited by 304-dude - Feb/19/2020 at 2:26pm
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2020 at 2:25pm
Here is something very close... it's a late jeep build, but gives an idea, unfortunately there is no Sanden bracket (non A/C), but until I find the picture this will have to do. http://quadra-trac-jeep-cj7-buildup.blogspot.com/2013/04/finally-got-round-to-mounting-those.html
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2020 at 10:08am

Here is something very close...
Thanks for the link. Basically it is just the stock Jeep brackets.

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2020 at 10:10am
Baby's got a new pair of shoes.

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/29/2020 at 4:01pm
New Wolow horns installed. Two sets of Spartons on hand and only one worked.

New upper core support baffle fabricated and painted. The stock baffle will not fit around the new four row radiator and the upper tank profile is not the same as stock.

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2020 at 9:32pm
New shoes on Project X. Lots of rubber will be in contact with the road.
Can't wait for it to be on the ground so we can see the final ride height.

One stumble. Opened the box with the 5 speed in it only to find they sent the wrong transmission.
No offset on the shifter. Now it has to be exchanged for the correct one with an offset. Always something.

Edited by pit crew - Mar/14/2020 at 9:34pm

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2020 at 8:34pm
A little catching up on pictures.

One piece axles,  Wilwood disc brakes, torque links, sway bar, and KYB shocks.

And up front, Control Freak IFS, sway bar, and Wilwood disc brakes.

Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2020 at 9:25pm
Amazing work as alwaysClap
                       B.P.
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2020 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Scene One Scene One wrote:

Amazing work as alwaysClap
                       B.P.
Thanks Buster. Any plans to attend some AMC functions out our way this year?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic