Print Page | Close Window

AMC Rendezvous 2019

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Lounge Area
Forum Name: Upcoming Shows and Events
Forum Description: AMC related shows, auctions or events go here. Announce club events here.
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=98554
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 2:07pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: AMC Rendezvous 2019
Posted By: White70
Subject: AMC Rendezvous 2019
Date Posted: Feb/12/2019 at 2:17pm
AMC Rendezvous 2019 Car Show being held in the Pacific Northwest this summer. Sponsored by Galvin's AMC Rambler Parts & D&D AMC Parts, hosted by The Rose City Ramblers and The Ram Rods. Open to all AMC heritage vehicles including Thomas Jeffrey, Nash, Hudson, Jeep, Rambler, and AMC thru 1987. Show field is located at 16790 Kraeft Rd, Oregon City, OR, 97045. For registration and show info contact: Bill Clark mailto:68javelin@ccgmail.net - 68javelin@ccgmail.net or Roger Binns at mailto:rcb@nwnatural.com - rcb@nwnatural.com or 

The flyer and registration form may be accessed and downloaded at. - http://www.amcrc.com/RC/shows/Shows.html.

Replies:
Posted By: rodhhrod
Date Posted: Feb/12/2019 at 3:50pm
Anybody remember the AM-XPO back in the late 80's early 90's here in the Northwest? Some of the same folks are pitching in for this event, that was always a great time. Lets get the cars out for sure.

Posted By: amxdreamer
Date Posted: Feb/12/2019 at 5:30pm
Is there a date for the show?

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Posted By: mstrcrftr
Date Posted: Feb/12/2019 at 5:53pm
i may have to go to this one.

Date Posted: Feb/12/2019 at 5:56pm
Sorry, in my hast to enter the event I forgot to list the date. It is Saturday, August 10th and it will run from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. There will be live entertainment, food, and a vendors/swap meet area. Trophies will be awarded for 1st & 2nd place in each class and we have 17 classes. There will be a long distance, and people's choice award as well.  

Posted By: crossramrambler
Date Posted: Feb/13/2019 at 9:10pm
Thats only 10 hours for me. Always wanted to head north.......

Date Posted: Feb/14/2019 at 2:27pm
We would love to have you come. We are hoping that this will be the start of an annual AMC event hosted once again in the Pacific Northwest. Go Red, White, and Blue!

Posted By: mymark
Date Posted: Feb/15/2019 at 6:04pm
Is there a host hotel ?

-------------
Donohue

Date Posted: Feb/15/2019 at 8:54pm
We have 6 hotels in the area, but we have not spoken to any of them about our event yet. We will be approaching them, like:

Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
1900 Clackamas Dr, Oregon City. OR. 97045
(503) 655-7141

Hampton Inn - Portland/Clackamas
9040 SE Adams, Clackamas, OR, 97015
(503) 655-7900

I will be happy to email anyone the complete list of hotels in the area.

Posted By: Fluffy73
Date Posted: Feb/16/2019 at 1:08am
Hmmm, this could be fun. My humpster is much more mechanically sound this time around, but I've still got to get my front seats re-done.  Might be able to pull that off by August!

-------------
I am genetically incapable of being Politically Correct.

Posted By: amcglass
Date Posted: Feb/16/2019 at 4:59am
might?

-------------
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin

Posted By: 73hornut
Date Posted: Feb/16/2019 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by crossramrambler crossramrambler wrote:

Thats only 10 hours for me. Always wanted to head north.......
You definitely should, bring the club!

-------------
71 Javelin
74 Gremlin
79 Spirit AMX
Rogue Valley Rumblers
Like Us on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602825606650796" rel="nofollow - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602825606650796

Date Posted: Feb/16/2019 at 9:36pm
I will mention it at the next club meeting. Unfortunately it is the same weekend of Hot August Nights here in Reno a week long 6500 car,car  show. We did not sign up this year so this would be good for me. 

Date Posted: Feb/17/2019 at 1:01pm
Dan Sharer (AMC-Performance.com) and I were in Puyallup Saturday for the swap meet and met several AMC folks. We handed out some flyers for the event and membership info as well. The Metropolitan club had a large display and they were very interested in attending our event. Should be lots of fun!

Posted By: Group19Guy
Date Posted: Feb/17/2019 at 3:39pm
I thinks My SC wants to go to this!Wink

Date Posted: Feb/17/2019 at 3:45pm
3 hours and 20 minutes from the big city of Mukilteo.

Posted By: amxdreamer
Date Posted: Feb/17/2019 at 3:48pm
I'm working that weekend :(

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Feb/17/2019 at 3:54pm
I member that show. I won best engine compartment. July 25 1987 with my Moroccan Brown 70 Rebel Machine.

Date Posted: Feb/17/2019 at 3:59pm
AM Expo that is. I member that green SC 360 was looking mighty fine.

Date Posted: Feb/17/2019 at 9:49pm
You are showing your age, finally somebody remembers. I will be there.

Date Posted: Feb/17/2019 at 9:55pm
Sorry to hear you have to work that weekend AMXDreamer, maybe next year.

Date Posted: Feb/17/2019 at 10:04pm
Group19guy that brings back some memories. I hope you can attend our event and make some new ones.

Date Posted: Feb/19/2019 at 5:28pm
One of our members, Brenden Hyde has done some really nice art work on the dash plaque everyone will be receiving in their goody bag. Thank you Brenden. Our next task is deciding on the trophies for the event. I will say it is all coming together nicely and we are receiving a lot of interest and feedback for AMC Rendezvous 2019. 

Posted By: tomj
Date Posted: Feb/21/2019 at 11:13pm
a mere 14 hours from me, two easy days. i'll go up highway 395. road trip! August is a long way off, but that's a good month to go north.

-------------
1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

Date Posted: Feb/23/2019 at 9:41pm
I know August is a ways off, but we want to make sure that the event gets on everyone's calendar. This way people who wish to attend have plenty of time to plan. For those trailering their cars to the event we have several secure areas off site for unloading and loading vehicles.

Date Posted: Feb/23/2019 at 10:37pm
I am glad you mentioned trailer parking. I did google the show field and it was hard to tell from all the trees.....

Date Posted: Feb/25/2019 at 9:23am
The show is taking place at a member's home in a private gated community. He has a very nice lawn area that will hold quite a few cars (35) and a field next door that will hold more than twice that amount. We have lots of room for everyone. Bob also has a very large shop that we will be using as well. We have a professional photographer taking pictures at the show, the setting will be awesome.

Date Posted: Mar/01/2019 at 2:23pm
With the great response we are receiving for AMC Rendezvous and the anticipated turnout, the clubs are determined to make this an annual event here in the Pacific Northwest for years to come. That being said, we are working on developing a website for next year where we will have information and photos from the previous year. Stay tuned. 

Posted By: amcglass
Date Posted: Mar/01/2019 at 4:42pm
with any luck one day l will have to get there for the show

-------------
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin

Date Posted: Mar/11/2019 at 1:03pm
Well the decision about the trophies has been made and the order has been placed. We are all really excited about the event and are hoping that more of you out there will be attending.

Date Posted: Mar/13/2019 at 5:54pm
Dan and I have been attending several swap meets and shows in the Pacific Northwest passing out flyers for our event. Along with posting them at various businesses and they are being shipped out to customers with parts sales. This is where we have been getting our greatest responses for the event. I have received several applications already, even though the show doesn't take place until August. All I can say is keep them coming. This is going to be a great show that people will remember and has been long overdue here in the Northwest.

Date Posted: Mar/19/2019 at 7:48am
As of yesterday I did not realize that our flyer and registration form for our event was available on line at  http://www.amcrc.com/RC/shows/Shows.html
Thank you Bill for that information. This will make it much easier for everyone.

Date Posted: Mar/26/2019 at 8:40am
Well the trophies are in and they turned out great. Brenden should have the dash plaques as well. Some of our members have been accumulating items for the raffle, so that is all coming together nicely. We have the goody bags and just need a few more items to fill them with. We also have all the tables and chairs lined up, along with cones and barricades. The band is scheduled and are working on some lyrics that will please everyone there. If you can make it to our event I am sure you will have a great time.

Date Posted: Apr/09/2019 at 3:26pm
What time does the beer garden opens? LOL LOL Just kidding of course.

Date Posted: Apr/22/2019 at 3:23pm
Anyone needing a list of available hotels in the area or places to park a car trailer, you can email me at rcbinns56@gmail.com for the info. We are just 4 months away till the event, we are all looking forward to seeing you and your cars.

Date Posted: Jun/04/2019 at 8:39pm
Two of us from Reno sent in our money. I will be bringing 69 Rogue and the other car will be a blown pro street AMX. Hope it turns out to be a good show.........Jim

Date Posted: Jun/29/2019 at 9:52pm
Can you say how many pre-registered cars there are so far? Thanks Jim

Date Posted: Jul/05/2019 at 11:59am
Jim, so far we have 25 cars preregistered and I know of about a half dozen who have yet to turn in their forms and more from the Rose City group. We may not get the 70+ cars we were hoping for, but it is still going to be a great event worth attending.

For those of you who will be coming in the day before we are holding a no host get together on Friday evening August 9th, the day before the Rendezvous, at Jimmy O’s Pizzeria, 1678 S Beavercreek RD, OR City, OR. 

Date Posted: Jul/16/2019 at 9:26am
Well the registrations forms are still trickling in and we have have some really great cars showing up for the event from all over the western states and Canada.  For instance, it appears Bob will have some real competition from another Rebel Machine out of BC. There is a S/C Rambler coming up from CA, along with a blown 69 AMX and a Javelin Police car will also be in attendance. Galvin's is coming up from southern Oregon and will be set up in the vendor area.  We have the band all set, the BBQ's will be fired up. and the raffle prizes will be awaiting the winners, as will the trophies. It's just around the corner, see you all there!

Date Posted: Jul/21/2019 at 11:27pm
Well just curious since I live locally, who is coming and where are you folks staying? Coming out for the day or staying longer? I will be there for sure. Anybody need anything let me know and I will see what I can do. Ought to be fun for sure.
Rod

Date Posted: Aug/05/2019 at 12:49pm
We were out on site Saturday delivering pickup loads of stuff for the event and reviewing the layout Bob has provided us. It's looking really great, we set up the tables and chairs inside his enormous shop, the grills are there along with all the raffle prizes, we stuffed the goody bags with give-a-ways, the band stopped by to review where they will be setting up. The name of the private gated community is Meadow Ridge Estates. We are going to have a fantastic time this coming Saturday as we kick off the first of what we believe will be an annual event here in the Pacific Northwest. We are also having a no host gathering Friday night August 9th at Jimmy O's Pizzeria at 1678 S. Beavercreek Rd #R, Oregon City, OR, 97045. The plan is to just get together and share our stories.

Date Posted: Aug/05/2019 at 4:18pm
We have a last minute update. Bill Clark has been able to commander some additional parking for trailers at the Redland Station gas station located at 18150 S. Redland Rd, Oregon City. It is located about 5 minutes down the road past our show site. We can park several trailers by some existing trailers as long as we do not block the Subaru that is currently for sale. They also own the field across the street from the gas station and there is room for about a dozen trailers. The field has been freshly mowed and it has easy entrance in and out of the field. Great job Bill!

Date Posted: Aug/09/2019 at 11:27am
What time at Jimmy O's? Anybody going?

Date Posted: Aug/12/2019 at 12:48pm
I would like to thank everyone who attended AMC Rendezvous 2019 and made it such a success for our first year. It has been way to long since we have had so many AMC's and fans in one place all at once here in the Northwest. With out all of you we could not do this. And special thanks goes out to all the folks who volunteered and helped sponsor the show. The Ram Rods and Rose City Ramblers are all hoping to make this an annual event and are already making plans for next year. 

Posted By: 73hornut
Date Posted: Aug/12/2019 at 7:42pm
Fun show, many nice people and great cars!

-------------
71 Javelin
74 Gremlin
79 Spirit AMX
Rogue Valley Rumblers
Like Us on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602825606650796" rel="nofollow - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602825606650796

Date Posted: Aug/14/2019 at 12:10pm
Great cars and better yet was Fantastic people. Anybody take any pictures?

Date Posted: Jan/11/2020 at 7:24pm
Any thought of a 2020 show? Just looking at the car show calendar. I would like to do it again it was a great show......Jim.

Posted By: Concours dude
Date Posted: Jan/12/2020 at 10:59pm
August 15, 2020. Same venue in Oregon City, OR. 

-------------
Past owned:
62 Classic 400
1976 Hornet
65 440 H
61 Amb
59 Classic wagon
55 Ambassador Sedan
54 Ambassador Country Club
AMCRC #1929
AMO #10029

Date Posted: Jan/13/2020 at 9:21am
AMC Rendezvous is scheduled for August 15, 2020 at the same location as last year's show in Oregon City, Oregon. The Rose City Ramblers and the Ram Rods are teaming up again this year to put on the show. We would like to invite all AMC enthusiast to attend. Stay tuned for more info throughout the next few months.

Date Posted: Jan/13/2020 at 9:23am
Registration forms and flyers can be accessed at: www.amcrc.com/RC/shows

Posted By: 70amxvegas
Date Posted: May/02/2020 at 12:13pm
Any updates for 2020 ?

Date Posted: May/02/2020 at 1:15pm
We have not cancelled our 2020 event as of yet. We're hoping to still have it on Saturday August 15th at the same location as last year. We will know more in the next month whether our clubs will be hosting the event. Stay tune for updates.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net