Print Page | Close Window

6th OZ AMC/Rambler show 15th-17th March 2019

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Lounge Area
Forum Name: General AMC Chat Australian Edition
Forum Description: There are some things mostly of interest to Aussies - this is their AMC Chat spot
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=93142
Printed Date: Apr/23/2024 at 8:22am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 6th OZ AMC/Rambler show 15th-17th March 2019
Posted By: 70Hornet
Subject: 6th OZ AMC/Rambler show 15th-17th March 2019
Date Posted: Mar/19/2018 at 12:24am
Started this thread mainly so people know the date for next year which is;

15th to 17th March 2019

And just quickly I am not sure if the Australian AMC/Rambler club "Australian Nationals" are due next year,but if they are then you are more then welcome to hold them at the 6th annual AMC/Rambler show here in Albury/Wodonga. That's assuming they are due in 2019 and a venue hasn't already been chosen. Just an idea or food for thought down the track another year

Replies:
Date Posted: Mar/26/2018 at 6:12pm
If all goes to plan here is a sneak peek of what to expect on on the 2019 poster Smile

Date Posted: Aug/20/2018 at 4:58am
I was shown a rough draft of next years Chrysler's on the Murray 2019 poster and looks pretty good with Italo's Classic on it (photo in previous post) advertising the 6th Australian AMC/Rambler show. Will look good on our own AMC poster when I get it done Smile

Date Posted: Sep/11/2018 at 7:25pm

That's Italo's Classic from the photo I took. AMC only poster should be out later in month or next month. 

Posted By: WesternRed
Date Posted: Sep/11/2018 at 7:44pm
Good to see this is still ticking along, things have been pretty quiet in here. Clashes with the F1 next year, which is a bit unfortunate.

-------------
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.

Date Posted: Sep/12/2018 at 6:33am
Yeah always plenty going on in the background. Still going to use the forum as the initial point for new info on the 2019 show and again I will rely on the AMC community to help spread the word from this forum via facebook, emails, newsletters, word of mouth, Indian smoke signals, hand gestures, ESP,  etc etc Smile 

Although it wont be officially advertised as such on the entry form/brochure 2019 we will focus on the AMC Rambler 'Classic' range of cars next year. An often understated but very important part of AMC history. Will be great to get a nice line up of these Classics in both sense of the word

Not much more info as yet. Our AMC specific poster will be out later this month or next month. Printed flyers sometime in next few weeks. 

It has always been hit and miss in regards to clashing with the F1 and has proven hard not to in past years as the F1 can move around a bit too. it hasnt seemed to hurt numbers of cars and visitors significantly but i am sure it does to some extent

A few cars that were booked in to come this year but missed out for whatever reason have indicated they will be here next year including a couple of new resto's still on the boil and a couple of new acquisitions I am looking forward to seeing

And warmer days ahead so enjoy driving or restoring your AMC and look forward to getting them all, and their owners, together again next year to share a common interest we all have. To preserve and foster an increased interest in these rare cars for all to enjoy and so they are still around for future generations. I have written it somewhere before but believe it or not its a fact not many of the younger generations could care less about some of these old dinosaurs (I am talking about the cars, not us LOL ) In a way we sort of need to band together better now while there is still plenty of cars, parts and owners who know a bit about them from when they were everyday cars so that this combined interest and knowledge can flow on into the future when most of us are busy chatting with Dick Teague and Roy Chapin. Hopefully then many years down the track these cars can at least be seen in a museum or even better still on the road and driving. I have seen a few too many old car owners passing away over the last couple of years with sheds full of nice cars that hardly see the light of day and cars under resto that the owner has just been too finicky and fussy with to ever get it done. We certainly arnt here for a long time but we can be here for a good time. And one of them good times is the annual Australian AMC Rambler show. I am really looking forward to seeing many old and new cars and catching up with many more old and new owners Smile

Date Posted: Sep/12/2018 at 7:32am
F1 Calendar is still to be confirmed, just worked out well last year with it being the week after the show so that I could take in both events and get the most out of the flight over. Show Saturday and race Sunday might work if a sneaky weekend trip pops up. Definitely hope to get over there one day with a car, maybe the Gremlin in 2020 as it's a great weekend.

-------------

Posted By: Jamie Collins
Date Posted: Sep/19/2018 at 2:12am
Well the Matador gets rego tomorrow so this could be possible next year things going well.

Date Posted: Sep/28/2018 at 6:22pm
For sure. Would be good to get a few more of the big AMC's to the show Smile

Date Posted: Oct/08/2018 at 6:26am
The show entry forms are now available on the Chrysler Club website below;

www.chryslersonthemurray.com

The printed copies should be sent out soon to all previous entrants. The AMC posters are still a few weeks off and copies will be sent to the AMC clubs etc

Date Posted: Oct/24/2018 at 5:11pm

Not fully signed off yet. Look OK? Smile

I am keeping them looking similar other then date and presented AMC as they will look great all together as a set on everyone's shed or house wall in years to come

Posted By: ozziamc
Date Posted: Oct/26/2018 at 4:50pm
Re making this show the "nationals" perhaps talk to Colin Main. The club show is held at the all american day i believe. He would be the best one to discuss this with.

-------------
74 hornet hatch

69 AMX 3 of 24 AMI build

75 sportabout

81 Concord

all Right Hand Drive

Date Posted: Oct/26/2018 at 8:47pm
Thanks ozzieamc. I am certainly not actively pursuing the traditional AMC Nationals at all, and never will, but if whoever does organise them wants to ever hold them at this show they are most welcome and would be very easy to accommodate it into the Albury/Wodonga show. This Australian AMC "Show" at Chryslers on the Murray will always just remain a fun, social, informative and easy going weekend open to all AMC related cars and people regardless of club, car type or condition etc in front of a huge established audience of spectators and also media. The little bit more serious side of car shows being the "Nationals" is however always welcome to be held at the show one year, or more but it will be only if the club/s have that desire to do so Smile.  

Posted By: aussierogue
Date Posted: Oct/28/2018 at 9:03am
i missed Sunday this year as I had to get on my bike, literally. I've booked my accommodation and will see you next year, looking forward to it.

Date Posted: Nov/03/2018 at 1:16am
Next year looking pretty good already. A few different cars coming and visitors (better start peddling aussierogue Smile ) There is already over 100 entries for the show as a whole with 7 of them AMC's already which is a good %

The Official Chrysler show facebook page also has some info along the way too if you want to check it out and make comments along the way to help educate the Chrysler guys and girls Tongue. They just put our poster up on it etc

https://www.facebook.com/pg/chryslersonthemurrayofficial/posts/

Date Posted: Dec/17/2018 at 8:17pm
Not much news at this stage

About 200 entries so far with I think still around the 7 mark for AMC's

Hope everyone has a safe and relaxing xmas and New Year and after new years there will not be much more then a couple of months until show time Tongue Looking forward to seeing the AMC's that have previously been to show and looking forward to some of the surprise new AMC's that will be there

Take care and will I provide more info after the new year

Jason Smile 

Date Posted: Dec/17/2018 at 9:25pm

Looking forward to seeing a nice line up of Classic's too. Pic from 2017 i think it was. Italo's on the left is the car used for the 2019 poster

Date Posted: Dec/20/2018 at 7:32am

Just a couple of cars i came across at this years Bright Rod Run that indicated they might be at the 6th annual show. This Classic is an amazing car and the NASH was something you dont see everyday. The black Rebel may be at show although they are possibly pulling it down for a resto

Date Posted: Jan/29/2019 at 6:08pm
Hi everyone. Hope everyone had a great xmas and new year period. 

Cant believe only 6 weeks until show time already! Smile

We have 15 AMC pre- entries so far which is pretty good. We wont break any records this year I dont think but a few different cars entering to enjoy the weekend car holiday in Albury/Wodonga which is great

Other then that there is not much news at the moment which i think is good news

Be sure to keep encouraging any AMC owners you know or come across in your travels to bring their car along to the show. 

Looking forward to catching up and meeting some new owners

See you all soon

Jason Smile

Date Posted: Feb/17/2019 at 7:05pm
Wow less then 4 weeks to go!! Smile

Looking forward to it

We have 18 AMC pre-entries so far which is really good. 

Keep spreading the word and reminders via your club, facebook and emails, phone calls etc so everyone knows what a fun weekend it is all round. Not just the car side but all the things Albury/Wodonga has to offer for a great weekend away

One of my highlights is all the car cruising the main street (Wodonga Place) on the saturday night 

See you all soon Smile

Date Posted: Feb/21/2019 at 7:41pm
The show as a whole is nearing 500 pre-entries and 20 of these are AMC's which is a great result still with just over 3 weeks to go both of which is near the record for this stage of proceedings. Wonder if the show will beat the 855 cars or whatever it was last year? I dont think we will reach 46 AMC's this year but I think easily into the high 30's all going well. 

You certainly dont get a chance to see this many AMC's in the one spot or get to mix with so many other AMC owners/enthusiasts anywhere else in Australia during the year. 

If you are able to encourage some of the AMC owners that havnt been before to come and experience what is a great weekend and not just any old car show that would be awesome. This show is a totally different experience over the course of the day or weekend to most other car shows. Some people even make a week of it tuesday to tuesday Smile

People can enter on the weekend no worries but for me it helps if I know approx how many AMC's so always good to see the pre-entries

We also might have not one, but 2, ex US military AM General's this year too although not officially booked as yet

See you all soon Tongue

Posted By: AMCAMX390
Date Posted: Feb/25/2019 at 1:38am
Trusty AMX polished within an inch of its life, raring to go

Date Posted: Mar/04/2019 at 4:27am
24 pre-entered AMC's so far and counting Smile That is really good and a good variety of cars by the looks of it. Look like we may end up with around the 40 mark but maybe more. 

very much looking forward to it

I will put up a basic itinerary etc on the weekend for everyone but as most know there is so much you can do around the area or you can choose just to relax and ego with the flow. Either way it is a special weekend for all AMC owners Smile

Date Posted: Mar/04/2019 at 6:29am
Stolen from Facebook, get hold of Steven Fripp if you need more details:

For those that are interested in travelling in a convoy to the COTM from Sydney area, we will be meeting at Pheasants Nest twin Servos on the Hume Hwy, just south Picton Road intersection at 8.30AM on Friday. We will be leaving here at 9.00am. From here we should arrive in Aubury Wadonga around 2 to 3pm. One or two stops along the way will be planned before we leave Pheasants Nest. Please let us know if you would like to join in on the cruise.

-------------

Date Posted: Mar/06/2019 at 6:58pm
Thanks Western Red. Always good to travel in a convoy. looks great and also can help each other out if there is any issues along the way. I have advertised this on the Chrysler facebook site too so might be a fun cruise for the AMC and Chryslers that morning.

And anyone please feel free to add info to this forum too (like Western Red has) and vice versa copy and put onto your facebook or website etc. This forum is just an easy strating point to help spread the word and easy to find info again later

Looking good for 40 AMC's by the looks of it too which will be great Tongue

Date Posted: Mar/12/2019 at 8:31am
The show has a new event where people can unveil their newly restored car over the weekend, or maybe a rare thought lost survivor etc and apparently rumour has it that there is a Hornet entered to be unveiled. Dont know who but will be good to see. Hope the rumour mill is correct Smile

Date Posted: Mar/13/2019 at 4:04pm

One more sleep until the start of proceedings Smile
Looking like around 40 AMC's set for Sunday!!! Tongue

Date Posted: Mar/13/2019 at 4:20pm
2019 6th Australian AMC/Rambler show itinerary and information

Below is a basic itinerary and information about what is one of the best AMC weekends in Australia. Many are probably already here as they make a week holiday of it with cars starting to rock up on the Tuesday arvo and many don’t leave until the Tuesday morning with plenty coming and going in between. Some owners really make a great holiday of it away with their cars, partners, mates and kids. You can choose to do all of the below or none of the below and just relax or cruise around and explore the local area at your leisure and then all congregate at the show on the Sunday Tongue 

Friday 15th March

9am Scrutineering at driving event at Logic Centre racetrack Barnawartha about 10 minutes south of Wodonga.

10am Lap Sprints begin

1pm Go to Whoa

6pm-8pm-ish Early check-in at the show venue at Gateway Lakes (food and drinks available) This is a show within itself with about 300 cars coming and going and a great time to have a first catch up and meet and greet

7pm NEW "The Great Reveal" Newly restored Chrysler's, and rumour of a Hornet, are unveiled for the first time after restorations or in hibernation for many years

There is plenty of street cruising after this but the main cruising night is the saturday night

Saturday 16th March

8am gates open for our AMC's

9am Judging begins and goes until 1pm

1pm Check in on the Saturday closes but ask for me if you rock up later

2pm Lots of cars leave for a cruise to the old Ettamogah pub for lunch

Once the street lights come on there is plenty of family orientated cruising from dusk til late. Wodonga Place is a street is lined with spectators (very family freindly atmosphere) and the streets full of cars of all persuasions so lets show them what we have got AMC in American Graffiti style under lights. No drag racing. Only because we already know we would win Tongue

Sunday 17th March

7.30am Gates open to bring your cars in 

11am Check in closes but please get the gate keepers to contact me if you are later then this. Remember while pre-entry isn’t mandatory it just helps me A LOT from this end. You can just rock up and enter your car on the spur of the moment anytime within the given times over the weekend

2pm Trophy presentation which includes 1st, 2nd and 3rd Best AMC overall this year

5pm gates locked and show over for another year Cry

Lots of people hang around until at least the Monday. Which is a great idea to just sit and relax 

Steve Fripp is down again with his huge collection of AMC parts for sale. Many are NOS. He can be contacted on 0477090874 if you need him to bring something down but you better hurry coz he leaves for Abury/Wodonga in the morning

And for those thinking of bringing kids

FREE entry for under 16

FREE kids rides

FREE face painting

BOTH DAYS, ALL DAY, FREE

Which is great for keeping the kids amused if you bring them

#Near 600 cars are already pre-entered all up for the show with an estimated 800 cars going to be in attendance!!! Cementing itself easily as the largest Chrysler show outside of North America

#All going well *I should have a bumper sticker for everyone but this is touch and go at the moment

#We have 25 AMC’s pre-entered so should end up with about 40 cars. On top of these there are a few others that really arnt sure due to distance, even from Melbourne. I reckon nothing better then cruising up the highway in an old car, radio blaring and all windows open. Plus these cars were made for travel and touring and not just shopping trips. Have a weekend away and enjoy your car, enjoy being with other AMC owners and above all you will enjoy yourself and your relaxing and/or adventure away. Its not just a “park your car in a paddock” car show. The whole weekend, and experience, is a whole lot more then that J

If you have any old AMC newsletters or magazines you no longer want or read etc bring them up to leave on the tables for people to read and even take with them to enjoy. There are many new to AMC owners coming and they would love some of these to read and’or take home

There is a Chrysler Show facebook site- 

https://www.facebook.com/pg/chryslersonthemurrayofficial/posts/

Any questions please ask here and please spread any of the above info far and wide and/or direct them to this forum to read updates as they come to hand over the next week and a half

Cant Wait!!!

See you soon,jase Tongue 

Just some I know are coming

American

Ambassodorre x2

AMX x 2

Javelin x 4

Classic x 5

Hornet x 3

Matador x 2

Rebel x 2

Marlin x 1

AM General x 2

Gremlin x 1

plus at least a dozen more have indicated they will be there on at least sunday Smile

Date Posted: Mar/14/2019 at 4:38pm
Looking forward to the photos, have a great weekend everybody who is going.

-------------

Date Posted: Mar/16/2019 at 5:35pm
Friday night unveil:

-------------

Date Posted: Mar/16/2019 at 5:38pm
Sunday morning in top 5 american cars (this is also a Mopar show):

-------------

Posted By: mrsjavelin
Date Posted: Mar/16/2019 at 11:45pm
Can't wait to see how the Javelin does. I saw this one 2 years ago at the Lang Lang Show & Shine in Vic and was blown away how good she is. Thanks to Steve Fripp for posting the photos on Facebook - I really wish I had been there but am a definite starter for 2020. Keep posting your pics and stories here for us all to enjoy.

Date Posted: Mar/17/2019 at 2:15am
The Javelin was in the Top 5 American cars at show. Cars entered for this category get parked under a tent and the judges go over near every nut and bolt. We had 3 AMC's entered against a multitude of Chryslers and this Javelin achieved Top 5. Pics dont do this car justice at all. the car is actually near a fluoro orange and was one of the most stand out paint jobs at the show. great stuff! 

All up I dont official figure yet but around 830 cars and we had 30 AMC's. Will post pics up tomorrow sometime. i am pretty tired Smile Wait until you see the variety of them 30 AMC's Tongue

Thanks Western Red for them photo's up for me from my phone. all the others I have are on a proper camera

Everyone welcome to put any pics or stories up here for sure. The more the merrier

Date Posted: Mar/17/2019 at 4:06am

Date Posted: Mar/17/2019 at 4:11am

Date Posted: Mar/17/2019 at 4:17am

Date Posted: Mar/17/2019 at 4:19am
Official weekend tally was 835 cars. So 30 AMC's and 805 Chryslers Smile

And apparently visitor numbers were up also but no official tally as yet. Usually near the 10,000 mark

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 3:33pm
6th annual 
Australian AMC/Rambler show 
roll call
Smile

Photo's courtesy of Colin Main. I will put a few more that I took soon. And everyone also feel free to add any and all photo's and stories of the weekend Smile

AMC 1 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 3:34pm
Car 2 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 3:35pm
AMC 3 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 3:36pm
AMC 4 of 30 (AM General)

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 3:38pm
AMC 5 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 3:43pm
AMC 7 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 3:44pm
AMC 8 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 3:47pm
AMC 9 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 3:48pm
AMX 10 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 3:54pm
AMC 11 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 3:56pm
AMC 12 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 3:58pm
AMC 13 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 3:59pm
AMC 14 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:00pm
AMC 15 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:01pm
AMC 16 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:04pm
AMC 17 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:09pm
AMC 18 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:10pm
AMC 19 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:12pm
AMC 20 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:13pm
AMC 21 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:14pm
AMC 22 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:17pm
AMC 23 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:18pm
AMC 24 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:19pm
AMC 25 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:20pm
AMC 26 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:21pm
AMC 27 of 30

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:25pm
So who took out 
1st, 2nd and 3rd 
for best AMC/Ramblers at the
 6th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show? 

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:30pm
AMC 28 of 30

3rd place

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:34pm
AMC 29 of 30

2nd place

Date Posted: Mar/20/2019 at 4:36pm
AMC 30 of 30
1st PLACE

Date Posted: Mar/24/2019 at 7:33pm
AMC 6 of 30
Ooops sorry Italo somehow missed your car in forum roll call. And the actual car the poster was made from! 
Yeah number 6 of 30 coz I missed #6 in line up
There was actually 30 AMC's Tongue

I havnt been on the ball at all this year at all Smile

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net