Print Page | Close Window

Heater Delete Sets - Reproduction Parts Effort

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping
Forum Name: Product Announcements
Forum Description: This section is for vendors or members who offer products or services. VENDORS, Please post here and not in the general tech forums.
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=92536
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 8:40am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Heater Delete Sets - Reproduction Parts Effort
Posted By: Rambler Mexicano
Subject: Heater Delete Sets - Reproduction Parts Effort
Date Posted: Feb/15/2018 at 2:39pm

(Multiple pictures below)

Since 2012, I have sold several heater delete sets for board members here. This was possible thanks to VAM cars not being required by the government to have the heater installed from the factory unlike AMCs in the US and Canada. Having the heater as standard equipment in its products was VAM’s own internal decision. The first VAM car to have the heater as standard equipment was the 1969 VAM Javelin, the second being the 1972 Classic Brougham (Matador hardtop), the third being both VAM versions of the Matador coupe in 1974 (Classic AMX and Brougham).

Since 1975, practically all VAM cars came with the heater as standard equipment; the only exceptions being the base 1975-1979 Americans (Hornets and Concords) with manual transmissions, the base 1975-1979 Gremlins (Gremlins and Spirit sedans) with manual transmissions and some Classic DPL (Matador sedan) units, mainly fleet ones. From 1980 onward these versions were also equipped with the heater, marking the end of heater-free VAM cars.

Mostly Original 1968 VAM Javelin without heater.

1968 VAM Javelin interior, notice the cancelled out heater controls hollow.

Close up of the heater controls outer delete plate.

Passenger’s side underdash and firewall picture, notice the missing heater and part of the fan motor block-off plate.

Outer firewall picture with original fan motor and hoses delete plates.

Other than the Hornets, Concords and to some extent the Gremlins, the rest of the heaterless VAM cars were produced in very small numbers (specially 1960s models). Also, regardless of the lists of factory standard and optional equipment in VAM cars there was another factor to take into account, VAM’s sales department, which determined most models to have some percentage of optional equipment installed from the factory trying to anticipate customer preference and at the same time, reducing and easing the processes of the company’s manufacturing department. In the base models’ case, this included the heater, thus reducing the amount of available units without it.

In this forum I have been requested several times for one or more heater delete sets by different members, and some of them have taken me years to obtain due to how extremely hard to find they have become. Finding a set is one thing, finding it in decent shape is another, since some parts like the cowl-ventilation-hollow delete plate has a high tendency to rust to pieces due to the accumulation of leaves and debris mixed with rainwater through the years. Also finding a complete set is another issue, since most of the cars I have found these sets from either no longer have a dashboard, long sold off or very damaged overall (under the Mexican sun), or the heater controls delete plate being cut-off in a way that can be described as vandalized, that so an aftermarket accessory can be installed in the hollow (like a radio or equalizer for example). The heater hoses plate is frequently gone too as the hollow is used to pass cables through for a top-end sound system or second battery among other accessories.

BEFORE: Fan motor and cowl plates in “junkyard” condition. Notice the rusted out cowl plate due to water and junk.

AFTER: All plates restored. The cowl plate in these two pictures is a Hornet/Gremlin unit that carries a flip-open vent in the rectangular hollow. The unit used in the Javelin/AMX/66-69 American models does not have the rectangular hollow, being totally smooth.

One final aspect to take into account is that all parts of the heater delete set (except the dashboard ones) from 1965 through 1978 were made of metal. In the 1979 model year cowl plate and fan motor plate were no longer made of metal; both were changed into fiber-glass units. The heater core hoses one was still made of metal that year. The positive side of this is that the cowl one was no longer threatened by rust due to accumulation of dirt and water during rains.

1979 version, fiberglass instead of metal.

And finally, after finding a set and finding the condition it’s in you also have to cope with the junkyard owner and the mood he’s in. Regardless if the part is decent or near-garbage, the guy in most cases charges a price as if the parts were gold, completely ignoring the condition of the part. Taking into account how scarcer and scarcer pre-1990 cars have become in Mexican junkyards, these guys know what they have and don’t let it go that easily. We’re no longer in the times in which people went to junkyards to find parts just for the regular car maintenance of their daily driver; they know we look for parts for either collector cars or project cars that are far from being daily drivers.

If there is something I could contribute to the AMC hobby from my small trench all the way here south of the border, I would try as much as possible to have these heater delete sets reproduced and to most of the extent I have achieved it so far. As some members have seen, I announced some heater delete sets for 1968-1970 Javelins and AMXs and I really appreciate the response I got from everyone who left a message in the thread, sent me private message just asking for additional information or bought a full set in the end.

Having those sets made wasn’t easy; the best way to go would be by using the originals as base or template. That creates the first problem; find a complete set in good or passable shape to use as base. If all you find is a set in damaged form you have to restore it before it can be used, investing additional time, money and materials.

Now here goes the second problem. The only parts I could get a hold of after looking for some time were the cowl plate, the hoses plate and fan motor plate. As for the dashboard controls plate, which consists of two different parts, I just couldn’t find it anywhere. Only the 1968 VAM Javelin had it, heater in place of it on the 1969 and 1970 models. In the end, after finding zero success in buying one from junkyards, I had to draw upon BORROWING one from a private car to complete the would-be set.

That creates the third problem. Ask a car collector for a part from his/her car to make a replica out of it. The logical and immediate reaction is this: He’s going to remove and take away a part from my car; that creates risk of loss or robbery. If that happens I’m stuck dead, where am I going to get that part from???

More than once I got less than friendly responses from private car owners when I made them the request, and that includes VAMer friends whom I already have their trust. I had to be as sincere and convincing as possible to have them allow me to take the part with me. This takes time and effort that is not as easy as it sounds, taking this path creates a responsibility you have to cope with. No matter how honorable you are, unexpected things can happen. If the part(s) gets lost or damaged beyond repair, HOW do you respond to the owner? How do you provide a replacement? You can even end up with legal action against you for such a case.

In the end, I after the negotiation, I was able to have the two dashboard parts borrowed to me. In some cases I had to look for these loaners from other cities since I couldn’t locate a private car that had them in my area or an owner willing to loan them. Some owners wouldn’t borrow the parts to me even after I offered them money as guarantee of return.

1968-1970 Javelin dashboard heater controls plates, front and rear, BUTCHERED due to the need to find a space to put a button for either the horn or the starter in the car they belong to.

After finally having a sample of a complete set what followed was how to have them replicated with the same appearance as the originals and with the same quality as the originals, or at least the closest to that as possible. The “easiest” part was the heater core hoses plate thanks to the fact that it is flat. I could have it made by laser-cutting steel sheetmetal with the same shape. Unfortunately, I don’t have the equipment to do it, which meant I had to look for a person who had it and one that worked well and charged the most reasonable price possible.

The hard parts to replicate were one of the dashboard plates, the cowl plate and the fan motor plate, mainly due to their indentations and angles. Since I couldn’t have them made of steel I decided to go for poured aluminum and have them made in a single piece without the need for sticking or welding anything. At first I was attempting this at home by my own means, but I was quite dissatisfied with the results aside from all the problems that arose. I decided to go for an expert on the matter and didn’t obtain a lot of options available; I was able to locate a craftsman to help me and negotiated the most reasonable price possible.

In the end I was finally able to have the three parts replicated, yet the choice of material created an additional problem. Paint does not adhere to aluminum and both original firewall plates are blacked-out units. The heater core hoses plate is no problem since it’s made from steel. The fan motor plate on the other hand was aluminum, to solve the issue I had to buy a special form of internal layer treatment called “primer seal” that does adhere to aluminum. The problem here is that it is lot more expensive than regular primer (also requires an additive) and unfortunately I don’t have an air compressor with spraying pistol to apply it. I had to take the fan motor plates to a body shop in my area to have the primer seal applied on them with the additional cost that represented. Once that was ready, I could finally paint them black myself at home.

The final part was the external dashboard heater controls plate, which is made from plastic. I was able to reproduce it by laser-cutting the same shape in acrylic after having the design made in a program. The external face of the original unit was applied with a very thin metal layer coated with black texturized vinyl. I replaced this by applying black leather in the reproduction. For sound insulation purposes I used black foam applied over the internal face on the part, which is in contact with the inner aluminum plate. After all this, the last thing to do was to make gaskets from the parts that required them.

Left: original. Right: repro.

After all those processes the full reproduction heater delete set was ready for 1968 through 1970 Javelins and AMXs. The positive side on these parts being reproductions is that they are brand-new, all of the originals I’ve sold here were in used junkyard condition and had to be repainted/restored. I have already made these processes for creating heater delete sets for several other AMC models.

As of today, I can reproduce heater sets for the following lines:

1.- 1966-1969 Rambler American: cowl, fan motor, hoses and dashboard controls. Four parts in total.

2.- 1967-1970 Rebel (probably applies to 67-70 Ambassador and 1967 Marlin too): cowl, fan motor, hoses and dashboard (controls, clock, radio, in-instrument cluster air vent). Seven parts in total.

3.- 1968-1970 Javelin and AMX: cowl, fan motor, hoses and dashboard (internal and external controls plates). Five parts in total.

4.- 1970-1977 Hornet and Gremlin: cowl, fan motor, hoses and dashboard (single piece for controls and central dashboard air vents). Four parts in total.

5.- 1971-1973 Matador: (probably applies to 71-73 Ambassador too): cowl, fan motor, hoses and dashboard (controls, clock, radio, in-instrument cluster air vent). Seven parts in total.

6.- 1971-1974 Javelin and AMX: cowl, fan motor, hoses and dashboard (internal and external controls plates). Five parts in total.

7.- 1974-1978 Matador (probably applies to 1974 Ambassador too): cowl, fan motor, hoses and dashboard controls. Four parts in total.

8.- 1978-1988 Concord, Spirit and Eagle (also applies to 1978 Gremlin): cowl, fan motor, hoses and dashboard controls. Four parts in total.

1966-1969 Rambler American full heater delete set.

1970-1977 Hornet and Gremlin full heater delete set.

1967-1973 Rebel and Matador full heater delete set (probably applicable to 67-73 Ambassador and 1967 Marlin).

1974-1978 Matador full heater delete set (probably applicable to 1974 Ambassador).

1971-1971 Javelin and AMX full heater delete set.

Right now I’m trying to borrow parts for a possible heater delete set for 1964-1965 Rambler Americans and 1965-1966 Rambler Classics (which probably can be shared with 1965-1966 Marlins). As of now I don’t know if I might make a heater delete set for Pacer models.

Like I said, I really appreciate all the feedback I’ve received from the board in regards to this reproduction effort. However, I also reproduced five heater delete sets for 1971-1974 Javelins and AMXs and didn’t have a single response about them. No questions through private message, no posts on the topic, nothing.

Making these sets is an investment, and I cannot make an investment if there are not going to be any takers.

What I mentioned above in 1968-1970 sets was not the end of the story.

These parts didn’t come out in the first run, any potential defect had to be taken into account and corrected. I had to make several “prototypes” before what we can call a final correct version came. Obviously, I had to put money in each and every one of those prototypes to achieve the goal, knowing that’s something I won’t get back. The laser-cut parts are to be made with design programs such as CorelDraw and SolidWorks, which I don’t know how to use. To have the design made for each part is extra-cost that I have to pay to the designer. The dashboard parts that could not be made from acrylic, such as the Hornet controls/vents had to make out of fiberglass, I considered 3D printing but in the end it turned out to be way too expensive.

From the beginning to the end I also had to invest in gasoline due to the trips to the different workshops of the people that are helping me with this to check progress and any possible updates, plus the phone calls and making time available in my daily schedule for the same purposes. To find these people also took time and a lot of door-knocking, to find the best quality and price. To have the parts produced I have to provide my helpers with the materials for them, which also comes out of my pocket. Also, they demand from me a minimum volume of parts to be made for my requests to proceed. Once the sets are complete I have to move on to packaging if they are to be delivered through a shipping service.

Everything has to be taken into account. Some have told me the price may seem expensive, 135 dollars in average for most full sets in the list, which means an average of between 33 and 27 dollars per single part. The price is based on everything I’ve mentioned in this post. I am trying my best to lower the price further; right now I am negotiating with my helpers for a better deal or in the final case find other one(s) that charge(s) less with the same results. These are not single parts; they are multiple-part full sets. I cannot take the effort/time of doing this if I am going to lose money in the end, which I could be putting in the restoration of my car.

The fastest and safest way to reduce the price would be by ordering multiple sets of parts in a single run. If anyone has interest in buying a set for any of the models I listed above please let me know so I can make a list of people to reach a minimum amount for each line to have them produced all in a single run. If anyone is interested in any of the sets mentioned above please let me know. Also, I would appreciate if you know people outside the forum who might be interested in them please spread the word. This last request goes for the people that have offered me help with this project, which I am totally thankful for.

Right now, I have the chance to make these reproductions and I don’t know for how long I’ll be able to. I have tried this for some years without any luck, now I am finally able to materialize this goal.

Of the full sets you see in the pictures above (except 1968-1974 Javelin/AMX and 1970-1977 Hornet/Gremlin), they are only testing parts for the lines I mentioned. I do not have any full sets made for those lines at this moment, but now I can have them made anytime.

Sorry for the considerable length of this post, but I wanted to be as clear as possible in regards to this project.

Thanks to everyone for your time and attention.

If you have any questions please post them here or via private message.

POST SCRIPT

Just like I appreciate the feedback I’ve received from board members supporting this, I also appreciate the people here offering me help. One help I could really use is for board members to sell to me some radio delete plates. Several members that have bought heater delete sets from me have also asked for this part but I have never been able to deliver this request. Here is the exact opposite case between VAM cars and AMCs. Unlike in the United States, every single Mexican car had a radio installed from the factory, so the radio delete plates never existed here. The only radio delete plate I was able to make without a base/template was the one for 1967-1970 Rebels and 1971-1973 Matadors. To have them reproduced I would need one for 66-69 Rambler Americans, on for 68-70 Javelins/AMXs, one for Hornets/Gremlins, one for 71-74 Javelins/AMXs, one for 74-78 Matadors, and one for Concord/Spirit/Eagle models.

I have also been requested once for a dashboard part as part of the full that I have never seen in my life. If I am not wrong, it is a block-off plate for the two windshield defroster ducts on the top center rear of the dashboard. Is this correct? If such a part exists it was never used in VAM cars, if it exists please share a picture of it here in this thread.

What I doubt I will be able to reproduce would be block-off plates for the central and passengers’ side dashboard air vents for cars originally equipped with the Air Conditioning system, because I have been requested those too. You can block off those with original dashboard parts from a non-A/C car. I can block off one Rebel vent (instrument cluster one) and the Hornet ones with the parts I have.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Cuando no se es una empresa famosa se deben hacer mejores automóviles.
- Vehículos Automotores Mexicanos S. A. de C. V.

Replies:
Posted By: Rumblrr
Date Posted: Mar/16/2018 at 2:16am
Do you still have any of the heater delete plate sets for the American ?

Date Posted: Mar/16/2018 at 10:00am
Right now I only have sets for 1971-1974 Javelins/AMXs, 1968-1970 Javelins/AMXs and 1970-1977 Hornets/Gremlins.

As for the 1966-1969 Rambler American, I only have the prototypes with me right now.

I was not satisfied with the results of the round fan motor plate so I redesigned the template and I'm in the process of making another prototype to check results.

The heater hoses plate and the cowl hollow plate are ok, that's a certainty. What I'm still correcting is the dashboard controls plate.

Do you want me to let you know when I have sets ready of this model?

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Mar/16/2018 at 9:17pm
I don't really need the dashboard control delete just the motor delete and hose delete

Date Posted: Mar/21/2018 at 8:09pm
Hi Im not sure if my last message made it did you say 66 for parts 35 shipping to me

Date Posted: Mar/22/2018 at 1:06pm
That ¡s correct, I already sent a response.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Posted By: Maxed70AMX
Date Posted: Oct/14/2018 at 6:26pm
Hi Im Very Interested in the Heater Delete kit with dash block off. pleas Pm with a price too

Posted By: Maxed70AMX
Date Posted: Oct/14/2018 at 6:35pm
For a 70 AMX thank you.

Date Posted: Nov/03/2018 at 3:12pm
Once again, I appreciate the interest and support I've had from all board members who have asked questions on these parts or ordered any set available.

I want to let everyone know that there is a high chance that next year I will be moving to a different city for employment reasons.

That is Mérida, capital of Yucatán.

This means I don't know if I will be able to continue making these AMC reproduction parts. 

I will try to continue with the project but I cannot guarantee anything.

The positive side of this is that it will give me a chance to help found another VAM club in another part of my country.

Regardless of what happens in the future, if anyone wants to draw upon these parts still beng available at the moment you can do it.

Complete Sets available:

1968-1970 Javelin and AMX - Five parts - 126 dollars.

1971-1974 Javelin and AMX - Five parts - 126 dollars.

1970-1977 Hornet and Gremlin - Four parts - 115 dollars

1978-1988 Concord, Spirit and Eagle - Four parts - 115 dollars.

1977-1980 AMX - Four parts - 115 dollars.

AND probably 1966-1969 Rambler American

NEW!

1967-1973 Rebel, Matador, Ambassador (and 1967 Marlin) - THREE PARTS (plus other three optional parts) - 113 dollars. (basic three)

Thanks for your attention.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Jan/22/2019 at 5:37pm
1971-1974 Javelin and AMX heater delete sets Sold Out.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Posted By: SANCAPJJ
Date Posted: Jan/22/2019 at 6:46pm
Do you still have kits for a 70 Javelin?   Thanks p

Date Posted: Jan/24/2019 at 1:10pm
PM sent.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Feb/11/2019 at 4:21pm
News.

I have reproduced another batch of 1971-1974 Javelin and AMX heater delete sets, there are five sets in stock, all consisting of five parts.

These are back in stock, I was able to drop the price from 126 to 123 dollars per set.

There are also full sets still available for 1968-1970 Javelin and AMX, Hornet, Gremlin, Concord, Spirit, 67-73 Rebel/Matador and 77-80 AMX.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Mar/16/2019 at 1:57pm
1967-1973 Rebel/Matador/Ambassador and 1967 Marlin Heater Delete sets SOLD OUT.

Sets available for Javelin, AMX, Hornet, Gremlin, Concord, Spirit and Eagle.

ONE set available for 1966-1969 Rambler American.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Posted By: Chiefbuzzman
Date Posted: Jun/03/2019 at 6:23pm
Are these sets still available ?

Looking for a set for a 1972 Javelin.

Thanks
Buzz

Posted By: Phitown Hustler
Date Posted: Jun/09/2019 at 2:36pm
Interested in a set for a 1980 Spirit

Date Posted: Jun/24/2019 at 1:24am
I am currently working on a batch of three full sets for 1966-1969 Rambler Americans, which are currently sold out, they are close to completion.

Also just finished working on sets for 68-74 Javelins and AMXs, which are now available again.

Originally posted by Phitown Hustler Phitown Hustler wrote:

Interested in a set for a 1980 Spirit

Private Message sent.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Jul/10/2019 at 3:56pm
Thanks a lot to everyone that kept an eye on this project, I appreciate the support and thumbs up from the AMC community.

Also, thanks to everyone that has offered help too. In order to continue this effort, the best help I could get in supporting these reproductions is that if you know of anyone outside this forum who might be interested in a set like this, please spread the word. My email address is mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com

There are still some sets available for five series of models. As for the ones sold out, I will consider making more if there is people interested. I don't accept any money in advance for parts that are not available, I will only accept the money once the parts are fully finished and ready to be shipped.

1967-1973 Ambassador, Rebel, Matador and 1967 Marlin sets SOLD OUT / Unavailable.

1974-1978 Matador and 1974 Ambassador sets Unavailable.

Available sets:

1968-1970 Javelin and AMX.

1971-1974 Javelin and AMX.

1966-1969 Rambler American, Rambler Rogue and SC/Rambler.

1970-1977 Hornet, Gremlin and 1977 AMX.

1978-1988 Concord, Spirit, Eagle, 1978-1979 AMX and 1978 Gremlin.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Posted By: 6768rogues
Date Posted: Jul/10/2019 at 11:55pm
Mine were received. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

-------------
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.

Date Posted: Aug/30/2019 at 2:33pm
I have just received a request from a board member for a heater delete set for a 1967 Marlin.

Right now I have none in stock, those were sold out several months ago and have not made more ever since.

I am considering make a small batch of Senior 1967-1978 heater delete sets.

The Question is:

Would anyone else be interested in a one set? Draw upon the chance of obtaining one now that they will be a production run of them?

Remember, I do not need any money in advance, I will make the parts with my own effort.

But, I don't want to put money into making parts without the certainty of getting it back, that's all I ask. I cannot afford the luxury of having the parts just lying there for months until someone comes asking.

If you know anyone outside the board who might be interested please spread the word.

Thanks

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Oct/10/2019 at 1:36pm
Here are some pictures sent by AMCers that have bought the sets offered here.

Javelin firewall plates.

Rambler American firewall plates.

Rambler American cowl plate.

Full sets still available.

1966-1969 Rambler American, Rambler Rogue, Hurst SC/Rambler (three).

1967-1973 Ambassador, Rebel, Matador and 1967 Marlin (one)

1968-1974 Javelin and AMX (three)

1970-1988 Hornet, Gremlin, Concord, Spirit, Eagle and AMX (four)

For any questions leave a post or send me an email to mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Dec/07/2019 at 3:18pm
Small Update

1967-1973 Ambassador, Rebel, Matador and '67 Marlin Heater Delete Sets Sold Out

1968-1974 Javelin and AMX Heater Delete Sets Sold Out

1966-1969 Rambler American Heater Delete Sets AVAILABLE (2)

1970-1988 Hornet, Gremlin, Concord, Spirit, Eagle and '77-'80 AMX AVAILABLE (4)

I am currently working on a batch of sets for 1968-1974 Javs and AMXs.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Jan/13/2020 at 9:20pm
Sets still available for All AMX, All Javelin and 66-69 Rambler American-based models.

I might reproduce a new Rebel/Matador/Ambassador batch.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Feb/01/2020 at 12:54pm
Announcement: I have officially started working on a batch of sets for 1967-1973 Ambassador/Rebel/Matador/1967 Marlin models. Two sets in total.

There are still four sets available for Javelins and AMXs and two sets for 1966-1969 Rambler Americans/Rogues/SC Ramblers.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: May/05/2020 at 2:16pm
I'm down to my last few sets available.

I don't know when I'll be able to make another batch of any series, due to the COVID19 situation, since it has affected my suppliers to some degree. I will try my best to continue offering this service for the AMC community.

Existing Available Stock:

1968-1974 Javelin and AMX Heater delete set - One Set Left

1967-1973 Rebel, Matador, Ambassador and 67 Marlin Heater delete set - One Set Left

1966-1969 Rambler American, Rogue and Hurst SC/Rambler - Two Sets Left

For information on any of these sets drop me a line to mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com or send me a private message.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: May/12/2020 at 4:00pm
Javelin and AMX heater delete sets SOLD OUT.

Units still available for 66-69 RAMBLER AMERICAN based models and all 67-73 REBEL-MATADOR-AMBASSADOR models

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: May/18/2020 at 2:12pm
1967-1973 Rebel-Matador-Ambassador and 1967 Marlin heater delete sets SOLD OUT.

Two sets still available for 1966-1969 RAMBLER AMERICAN and derivatives (Hurst SC/Rambler, Rogue, etc.)

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Aug/05/2020 at 9:19pm
Greetings,

I wanted to inform that I have started working on a new batch of five heater delete sets for 1968-1974 Javelin and AMX models.

If everything goes as planned, they will be ready in a week. I'll let everyone know when that happens.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Posted By: TX390AMX
Date Posted: Aug/06/2020 at 12:38pm
Thanks Mauricio,
 PM sent.

-------------
Terry
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Rally Green
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Matador Red
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Calcutta   
   Russet
56 Chevy Sedan Delivery
2016 Can AM Spyder
55 Chev pickup

Posted By: OcalaAMX
Date Posted: Aug/09/2020 at 7:47am
Thanks for making these!  PM sent.

Posted By: bigbadgreen
Date Posted: Aug/09/2020 at 8:03am
Any more hornet /gremlin ones in the works?

Date Posted: Aug/09/2020 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by bigbadgreen bigbadgreen wrote:

Any more hornet /gremlin ones in the works?

PM Sent.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Aug/18/2020 at 12:11pm
I wanted to announce the heater delete sets for the 1968-1974 Javelins and AMXs are now ready and finished.

Only three sets available, I had originally announced five, but two have been sold in advance.

For any info or question leave a post below, send me a private message or an email to mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com .

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Sep/30/2020 at 12:42pm
Current Available Stock:

ONE set for 1968-1974 Javelins and AMXs.

ONE ser for 1966-1969 Rambler Americans, Rogues and SC/Ramblers.

For anyone asking for sets for 1967-1973 Senior Cars (Rebel, Matador, Ambassador and 1967 Marlin), those are avialble on demand only.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Oct/21/2020 at 12:52am
The Remaining Heater Delete Set for the 1966-1969 Rambler Americans, Rogues and Hurst SC/Ramblers has been sold.

1966-1969 Junior Car Sets Sold Out.

Right now, the only stock I have left is a Full Set for 1968-1974 AMXs and Javelins.

For any info drop me a line at mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com . In case my PM inbox is full.

(function(){if(window.addEventListener){window.addEventListener("message",d,false)}else{window.attachEvent("onmessage",d)}function d(i){if(i.origin!==" http://informacion.telmex.com" rel="nofollow - http://informacion.telmex.com" ){return}var h=i.data.indexOf(" ");if(h>=0){var k=i.data.substring(0,h);var f=i.data.substring(h+1)}else{var k=i.data}if(k=="disableMessage"){var e=document.getElementById("mssgcntnt");if(e==null){return}e.parentNode.removeChild(e)}else{if(k=="setStyle"){var e=document.getElementById("mssgcntnt"),j=e.parentNode,g="display:block; position:static; height:0; width:0; min-height:0; min-width:0; margin:0; padding:0; float:none; z-index:2147483647; border:none; box-shadow: none; clear: both; overflow:visible; visibility:visible;";e.style.cssText=f;e.setAttribute("style",f);j.style.cssText=g;j.setAttribute("style",g)}else{if(k=="goTo"){window.location=f}}}}var b='
http://informacion.telmex.com/campaign/a5068cdc39de9ff7/get/message.html" rel="nofollow - http://informacion.telmex.com/campaign/a5068cdc39de9ff7/get/message.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" referrerpolicy="origin" style="display:block; position:static; background: transparent; height:100%; width:100%; opacity: 1; border:none; max-height:none; max-width:none; min-height:0; min-width:0; margin:0; padding:0; float:none; z-index:2147483647; box-shadow: none; clear: both; overflow:visible; visibility:visible; box-sizing:border-box;" />
';if(window!=window.parent){return}var a=document.getElementById("mssgcntnt");if(a!=null){return}var c=document.createElement("div");c.innerHTML=b;document.documentElement.appendChild(c)}());

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Dec/12/2020 at 3:35pm
ONE set of ORIGINAL plates is available for sale. You can find me at mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com .

EDIT: SOLD

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Dec/30/2020 at 2:39pm
The last available heater delete set for 1968-1974 AMXs and Javelins has been sold.

I am considering making more of these, but so far there is no certainty on it. For anyone interested in this series please contact me in advance through private message or on my email address mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com .

February 2021 UPDATE:

I already have ONE person from the forum who has entered the list of people interested in the reproduction sets. If ANOTHER person joins the list it's a CERTAINTY I will be working on a complete new batch of heater delete sets for anyone owning a 1968-1974 AMX or Javelin.

You can contact me via private message or on my email address.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Feb/04/2021 at 2:28pm
1970-1977 Hornet/Gremlin/AMX Original Heater Delete Set Sold.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Mar/22/2021 at 2:37pm
March 2021 News:

1.-

I have started to work on a new batch of Two Complete 1967-1973 Senior Car Heater Delete Sets.

These cover 1967-1970 Rebels, 1971-1973 Matadors, 1967-1973 Ambassadors and 1967 Marlins.

2.-

I have also started to work on a new batch of 1968-1974 Javelin and AMX sets. I still don't accurately know how many will come up, that will be between three and five, depending on my time and available materials.

3.-

Right now there is ONE full set available for Pre-Muscle 1966-1969 Junior Cars.

These cover 1966-1969 Rambler Americans, 1966-1969 Rambler Rogues and 1969 Hurst SC/Ramblers.

See picture of this one below:

P.S.

Please,

To contact me, please go directly to my email address, which is mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com .

My Private Message inbox is almost full and you might be unable to contact me that way.

Thanks for your time and attention,

Here is the Picture of the 1966-1969 Rambler heater delete set Here:

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Apr/08/2021 at 3:34pm
Just wanted to announce that the 1967-1973 Senior Car (Rebel, Matador, Ambassador and '67 Marlin) heater delete sets are now ready and available anytime for anyone interested.

Also, the 1968-1974 Javelin and AMX heater delete set batch (four sets) is also finished and available.

There is One Set available for 1966-1969 Junior Cars (Rambler Americans, Rogues and Hurst SC/Ramblers).

Please contact me via my email address mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com or through private message.

Thanks for tour attention.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: May/10/2021 at 10:35am
Current Available Stock:

1.- ONE full set for 1968-1974 Javelins and AMXs

2.- ONE full set for 1966-1969 Rambler Americans, Rogues, and SC/Ramblers.

3.- ONE full set for 1967-1973 Ambassador, Rebel, Matador and 1967 Marlins.

For any questions or additional information please contact me via my email address mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com or through private message.

Thanks for your attention

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Jul/16/2021 at 10:42pm
Sets still available. Contact via PM or email (mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com)

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Aug/18/2021 at 10:45pm
Last 1967-1973 Senior Car Heater Delete Set Available - Ambassador, Rebel, Matador and 1967 Marlin.

I don't know if I'll be making more of these in the future.

Consists of Six Parts:

1.- Core Pipes Plate (smallest oval one) - Made of Metal
2.- Fan Motor plate (large semi oval one) - Made of Metal
3.- Cowl plate (large rectangular one) - Made of Metal
4.- Radio delete plate (large black one) - Made of Plastic
5.- Clock delete plate (small rectangular one) - Made of Plastic
6.- Dashboard Controls plate (squared black one) - Made of Plastic

Pictures:

Parts ready to be shipped anytime.

Price for the complete set: 155 dollars plus shipping.

Payment available via PayPal.

Shipping available via UPS

You can contact me via private message or through my email address (mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com) for any questions or comments.

Thanks for your time and attention.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Sep/18/2021 at 1:23pm
Last 1968-1970 Javelin and AMX set SOLD

The last 1967-1973 Rebel, Matador, Ambassador set is still available.

The last 1966-1969 Rambler American set is still available.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Oct/16/2021 at 2:03pm
Last 1966-1969 Rambler American, Rogue and SC/Rambler heater delete set available.

Consists of Four Parts:

1.- Core Pipes Plate (smallest oval one) - Made of Metal
2.- Fan Motor plate (larger round one) - Made of Metal
3.- Cowl plate (rectangular one) - Made of Metal
4.- Dashboard Controls plate (flat angled gray one) - Made of Metal

Pictures:

Parts ready to be shipped anytime.

Price for the complete set: 122 dollars plus shipping.

Payment available via PayPal.

Shipping available via UPS

You can contact me via private message or through my email address (mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com) for any questions or comments.

Thanks for your time and attention.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Dec/05/2021 at 10:19pm
Current Available Stock For Sale:

1.-
One Full Heater Delete Set for 1966-1969 Rambler Americans, Rogues and Hurst SC/Ramblers - Four Parts - 122 dollars.

2.-
One Full Heater Delete Set for 1967-1973 Rebels, Matadors, Ambassadors and 1i67 Marlins - Six Parts - 155 dollars.

3.-
One Full Heater Delete Set for 1968-1974 Javelins and AMXs - Five Parts - 135 dollars.

PS

I currently working on making two more complete heater delete sets for AMXs and Javelins.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Posted By: 79 SS Spirit
Date Posted: Dec/27/2021 at 12:13pm
Do you have any complete kits for a 79 Spirit?

Date Posted: Dec/31/2021 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by 79 SS Spirit 79 SS Spirit wrote:

Do you have any complete kits for a 79 Spirit?

Yes, please contact me on my email address (mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com) or via Private Message. I have to check my current stock for Spirit sets.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Jan/22/2022 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Rambler Mexicano Rambler Mexicano wrote:

I currently working on making two more complete heater delete sets for AMXs and Javelins.

Of those two, ONE has just been sold.

The remaining one is still available.

The Individual heater delete sets for 1967-1973 Rebels Matadors and Ambassadors and 1966-1969 Rambler Americans Rogues and SC/Ramblers are still available.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Feb/07/2022 at 7:29pm

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Posted By: Repsolroger
Date Posted: Feb/07/2022 at 9:20pm
Sent you a private message...lol.found the thread......looks like a really cool set and nicely done. 1969 javelin

-------------
1969 sst javelin restomod

Date Posted: Apr/16/2022 at 1:29pm
Current Stock:

ONE Complete Set:
1968-1974 Javelins and AMXs - FIVE Parts - 135 Dollars.

ONE Complete Set:
1966-1969 Rambler Americans and Rogues - FOUR Parts - 122 Dollars

ONE Complete Set:
1967-1973 Rebels, Matadors, Ambassadors and Marlins (1967 only) - SIX Parts - 155 Dollars

Shipping via UPS and payment via PayPal. If my private message inbox is full you can find me at mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com .

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: May/07/2022 at 5:29pm
LAST 1968-1974 Javelin and AMX Heater Delete Set SOLD.

For anyone who would like this service to continue to be available for the AMC community, please spread the word on the availability of these heater delete sets among anyone who might be interested.

I don't want to discontinue making these heater delete sets, but I cannot afford the luxury of making these sets with my own money and have no takers in the end.

I have a set for Rebels-Matadors-Ambassadors and one for Rambler Americans that have seen sitting on a shelf for eight months now. Future Heater delete sets for these two series are now on-demand only with the buyer having to supply the money in advance in order to make the set.

If anyone would like me to make a new batch of Javelin and AMX heater delete sets please let me know and I'll make a list of people. If we gather FIVE people I'll begin work on a full batch of sets.

You can find me on my email address mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com .

Thanks everyone for your attention and time.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: May/18/2022 at 2:23pm
The Heater Delete Set for 1966-1969 Rambler Americans, Rogues and Hurst SC/Ramblers has been SOLD.

Sets for this series are now SOLD OUT and available On-Demand Only.

Current Stock:

ONE Full Heater Delete Set Available for 1967-1973 Ambassadors, Rebels, Matadors and 1967 Marlins.

ONE person has joined the five-person target list for new batch of 1968-1974 Javelin and AMX heater delete sets.

FOUR more to go. If you know of anyone who might be interested in one set of this series (in or outside the Forum) please spread the word.

Thanks for everyone's attention.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Jun/05/2022 at 4:28pm
The remaining 1967-1973 Senior Car heater delete set has been sold.

All Heater Delete Set Series are Now Sold Out.

For anyone who would like a new batch of sets for any series to be made please contact me through PM or through my email address (mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com).

I'm looking forward to create a list of people who would like to count themselves in for a set of any series and if we reach a minimum number or people I will start to work on a new batch of sets.

I am asking for FIVE people for a new batch of 1968-1974 Javelin and AMX sets.

I am asking for THREE people for a new batch of either 1966-1969 Rambler Americans or 1967-1973 Senior Car series.

So far ONE PERSON from the Forum has counted himself in for a new batch of sets for JAVELINs and AMXs. Four more to go for a new batch to be made of this series.

Thanks for your attention and for your support of this reproduction parts effort.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Jul/24/2022 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Rambler Mexicano Rambler Mexicano wrote:

For anyone who would like a new batch of sets for any series to be made please contact me through PM or through my email address (mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com).

I'm looking forward to create a list of people who would like to count themselves in for a set of any series and if we reach a minimum number or people I will start to work on a new batch of sets.

I am asking for FIVE people for a new batch of 1968-1974 Javelin and AMX sets.

I am asking for TWO people for a new batch of either 1966-1969 Rambler Americans or 1967-1973 Senior Car series.

So far ONE PERSON from the Forum has counted himself in for a new batch of sets for JAVELINs and AMXs. Four more to go for a new batch to be made of this series.

Thanks for your attention and for your support of this reproduction parts effort.

This message is still active

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Posted By: Amatx
Date Posted: Aug/19/2022 at 4:20am
Hi, I would be very interested in a kit for a 1969 AMX. 

Cheers
Matthew 

Date Posted: Sep/08/2022 at 1:11pm
Thanks everyone for your support.

I want to let everone know that I am already working on a new batch of heater delete sets for 1968-1974 Javelins and AMXs. It should be ready in the following days.

If anyone has any questions or comments please leave post below, send me a private message or send me an email to mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com .

If you know of anyone outside the forum who might be interested in a set like this please spread the word, this will allow the availability of these reproduction parts to continue to be present.

Originally posted by Amatx Amatx wrote:

Hi, I would be very interested in a kit for a 1969 AMX. 

Cheers
Matthew 

PM sent.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Sep/18/2022 at 3:35pm

I have just finished a new batch of heater delete sets for AMC Javelins and AMXs (all years).

These parts are reproductions based on original units used in VAM Javelins (Mexican Javelins) without a factory heater (optional equipment on these models).

The sets consists of five diferent parts, four made of metal and one made of plastic.

1.- Cowl Hollow Plate (large rectangular one) - Metal

2.- Heater Core Pipes' Hollow Plate (smallest oval one) - Metal

3.- Fan Motor Hollow Plate (waterdrop-shaped one) - Metal

4.- Internal Dashboard Controls' Hollow Plate (smaller rectangular one) - Metal

5.- External Dashboard Controls' Hollow Plate (black rectangular one) - Plastic

FIVE SETS available in stock, two of them are already in talks with other board members. https://theamcforum.com/forum/cheers-to-rambler-mexicano_topic100866_page1.html" rel="nofollow - Click here for references.

The price for the five-part set is 135 dollars plus shipping.

Payment available via PayPal and shipment available via UPS. I am located in Mexico, which means and international shipment.

Sets also available for Hornets, Concord, Spirits, Gremlins and Eagles.

For any question or comments please leave a post below, send me an email to mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com or a private message here in the forum.

Thanks everyone for your attention and for your support in keeping alive this AMC reproduction parts effort.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Sep/26/2022 at 2:36pm

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Oct/09/2022 at 3:04pm
For anyone insterested on a heater delete set like this, requesting any information or anything, please contact me directly to my email address (mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com ).

Don't contact me via Private Message.

I've had several people contacting me that way requesting information, letting me have their address to check the shipping costs and then they don't log to the forum ever again.

So in the end, the final message I send them with all the information they requested is never read by the people originally requesting such information (and I have no other way to contact them).

This has happened to me before several times (four just after posting THIS ad). People requesting information and after that they disappear from the forum, sometimes even after they already asked me for my money deposit information (PayPal account).

This also creates the problem of not knowing if I should hold on to the parts for those people or sell them off to any other person asking for them.

Since in the end I got no response from those people, I end up selling these parts to others that contacted me and did stay in communication.

And Then sometime later after I no longer have the parts with me (already sold out) I end up getting an unexpected money deposit at my PayPal account that in the end I have to return to the sender (from the people who contacted me and then disappeared).

I want to keep this from happening again. If any of the four forum members that contacted me almost two weeks ago (and haven't logged in since) see this, please send me an email to my address. I really need your confirmation if we are to proceed with the transaction or not. Thanks in advance.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Oct/31/2022 at 5:27pm
For anyone keeping an eye on this project.

I wanted to let everyone know that due to current circumstances (mainly the war in Ukraine), the meterials I use for making these parts has risen in price (aluminum in particular).

I've tried to multiple sources to get the best possible price on such materials so I can keep unchanged the final prices that everyone knows for these finished heater delete sets.

I had some luck in that respect with the last batch of sets that I made and that is still available for sale here.

This has kept me seriously considering if I can keep the availability of these sets in the future or if this is going to be the last batch and discontinue to project. I will do what I can to keep them available for anyone who might need them in the future.

As a parameter, I was able to keep the known price of 135 dollars for full 1968-1974 AMX and Javelin sets of this ongoing batch.

After this batch runs out, if I do make another one in the future, the price will most probably at least 150 dollars for a full Javelin or AMX set.

So, you can draw upon this chance of buying a set at its current unchanged price before it goes up in any possible future batch.

For people offering me any form of help to keep the availability of these parts for the future, the best help you can give me is to spread the word for anyone outside the forum who might be interested in these parts.

Just let them have my email address (med_mex_2005@yahoo.com ) to contact me. You can find references on me here: https://theamcforum.com/forum/cheers-to-rambler-mexicano_topic100866.html" rel="nofollow - Click Here .

Thanks everyone for your ongoing attention to the evolution of this project and for your support.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Nov/20/2022 at 3:33pm
Current Available Stock:

ONE Heater Delete Set for 1968-1974 Javelins and AMXs and all Hornet-based models.

TWO Heater Delete Sets for 1966-1969 Rambler Americans.

For any information or questions please contact me via my email address mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com .

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Dec/06/2022 at 4:31pm
Thanks everyone for your comments - LetsFNGo, madmax and AMXcess.

I wanted to let everyone know that The Last Heater Delete Set for 1968-1974 Javelins and AMX has been SOLD

This series of Heater Delete Sets are now officially SOLD OUT.

Right now, the only sets I have left in stock are two for 1966-1969 Rambler Americans, Rogues, and Hurst SC/Ramblers.

If anyone is interested in a new batch of sets for 1968-1974 Javelins and AMXs (or Senior car or Hornet-based models) please contact me via email (mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com).

Joining a list of people interested in these parts and spreading the word on these parts' avialability to anyone who might be interested is the best help you can offer me.

I always choose not the take any money in advance for these sets, I prefer to make them with my own money and have them ready for delivery as soon someone pays for them. But, I cannot put money in these reproductions and having them sit on a shelf for six months or more.

Once again I thank everyone who has supported this project.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Dec/21/2022 at 2:50pm
Greetings everyone.

I have a small announcement to make.

One person from outside the forum with a 1970 AMX has requested a heater delete set for his car.

Right now, that series of sets is Sold Out, but this can help me in creating a new batch to be available for anyone who might need it.

Remember I always perfer to make the sets with my own money instead of taking money in advance to have them made, but I do need support in people not backing off when the sets are ready so I can regain my investment.

Anyone here would like to sing up for a 1968-1970 AMX or Javelin heater delete set?

The plan is to make a batch of FIVE SETS, and I already have ONE person signed up for one. With ONE OR TWO more people signing up I will start to work on that batch.

Please contact me via my email address (mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com) if you'd like one set of this series.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Jan/07/2023 at 9:31pm
Small Update.

I have so far THREE people who signed up for a heater delete set of the 1968-1974 Javelin and AMX series.

I have started to work on a new batch of sets, I hope to have it ready in a week.

If anyone is interested in a set of a diferent series (Hornet, Gremlin, Concord, Spirit, Eagle, American, Rogue, SC/Rambler, 67-73 Senior Cars) please contact me via my email (mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com).

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Jan/16/2023 at 5:50pm
For all-year Javelin or AMX owners, the new batch of five heater delete sets is now ready.

If anyone is interested in a set (or one of a diferent AMC model series) please contact me through my email address (mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com ).

Sets also available for 1966-1969 Rambler Americans, Rogues and Hurst SC/Ramblers.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Jan/22/2023 at 12:13am
ONE Javelin and AMX heater delete set SOLD.

Current Available Stock:

FOUR 1968-1974 Javelin and AMX FULL heater delete sets.

TWO 1966-1969 Rambler American, Rogue and Hurst SC/Rambler FULL heater delete sets.

For anyone in need of a heater delete set of a diferent series (Hornet, Concord, Spirit, Gremlin, Eagle, Rebel, 1971-1973 Matador/Ambassador or 1967 Marlin) please contact me via my email address: mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com .

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Jan/26/2023 at 3:12pm
Current Available Stock:

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Posted By: darrylsalazar
Date Posted: Jan/28/2023 at 7:45pm
Hello, my name is Darryl. I sent a couple emails in regard to the heater delete plates for a 69 rambler. Haven't received a response so I figured I would reach out here.

Date Posted: Jan/30/2023 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by darrylsalazar darrylsalazar wrote:

Hello, my name is Darryl. I sent a couple emails in regard to the heater delete plates for a 69 rambler. Haven't received a response so I figured I would reach out here.

I have sent you an email response to your second message.

Take care

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Feb/05/2023 at 12:16am
February Update:

THREE Javelin and AMX Heater Delete Sets SOLD

ONE 1966-1969 Rambler American, Rogue, Hurst SC/Rambler Heater Delete Set SOLD

Current Available Stock:

TWO SETS LEFT for Javelins and AMXs

ONE SET LEFT for 1966-1969 Rambler Americans, Rogues and Hurst SC/Ramblers.

For any info or questions please contact me to mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com .

For Anyone Interested in a Heater Delete Set of a Diferent Series (Hornet, Gremlin, Concord, Spirit, Eagle and all 1967-1973 Senior Cars) please contact me to mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Posted By: electricbluesc/360
Date Posted: Feb/05/2023 at 7:04pm
I just got my second set from Mauricio.  Top notch stuff as always. If you are in need of a delete set do not hesitate. Communication and shipping could not get any better.

sc/360 hornet
https://theamcforum.com/FORUM/february-update-heater-delete-sets-all-series_topic117009_page3.html#top" rel="nofollow">Back to Top

< id="dropDownTopicSearch" ="https://theamcforum.com/FORUM/quick_topic_search.asp?TID=117009" ="dropDownTopicSearch" border="0" scrolling="no" rel="nofollow" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; : rgb64, 128, 224;">

-------------
sc/360 hornet

Date Posted: Mar/04/2023 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by electricbluesc/360 electricbluesc/360 wrote:

I just got my second set from Mauricio.  Top notch stuff as always. If you are in need of a delete set do not hesitate. Communication and shipping could not get any better.

Thanks a lot ElectricBlue.

The current available stock is:

TWO SETS for Javelins and AMXs (all years) and ONE SET for 1966-1969 Rambler Americans, Rogues and SC/Ramblers.

For anyone interested in sets for 1967-1973 Senior Cars (Ambassadors, Rebels, Matadors and 1967 Marlins) or any 1970-1988 Junior Car (Hornet, Gremlin, Concord, Spirit, Eagle and AMX) except Pacer please let me know via email (mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com).

If you have any question or comments I'll be glad to communicate with you.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Mar/25/2023 at 1:14am
As most of the Forum knows, I make some reproduction parts, mainly heater delete sets based on original units used by VAM (AMC of Mexico) for it's cars that offered the heater as optional equipment.

So far, I offer heater delete sets for all 1966-1988 Junior Cars (Rambler American, Javelin, AMX, Hornet, Gremlin, Concord, Spirit, Eagle) except Pacer, all 1967-1973 Senior Cars (Ambassador, Rebel, Matador and 1967 Marlin), and finally one for 1974-1978 Matadors and 1974 Ambassadors.

However, I might have a chance of increasing the Catalog of heater delete sets. See below:

One person outside the Forum contacted me several months ago asking if I had available a heater delete set for 1964-1965 Rambler Americans. I told him I do not offer one for that series, since the firewall of the 1964-1965 Rambler Americans is different from the one of 1966-1969 Rambler Americans.

Also, I have not been able to locate an original heater delete set from one of these models to use as base to make reproductions. Almost everytime I have announced 1966-1969 Rambler American heater delete sets on the web he has contacted me asking if by any chance I had one for his car.

Right now, I still don't have a heater delete set for 1964-1965 Americans, but a friend of mine I have been in contact with several times recently owns a 1964 VAM Rambler American Wagon told me HE IS WILLING TO BORROW TO ME HIS ORIGINAL 1964-1965 HEATER DELETE SET to make Reproductions of it.

I am going to see him in the following days and we'll see the issue of those parts. This will give me a chance to make reproductions I have never made/offered before.

What I want to ask the Forum for is if Anyone Here would be interested in a heater delete of this series (1964-1965 Rambler Americas)?

This is so I know if I make a full batch of sets of this series or just one for the person that has requested it to me several times.

While I always preffer to make the heater delete sets with my own money (instead of taking money in advance and make them then), right now I am not in the best economical condition and I cannot afford the luxury of working on parts with will end up sitting on a shelf for months.

If anyone is interested in one of this series (or knows of someone who is or might be), please contact me via my email address (mad_mex_2005@yahoo.com ).

Right now, I have TWO heater delete sets available for 1968-1974 Javelins and AMXs (155 dollars each) and ONE for 1966-1969 Rambler Americans, Rogues and SC/Ramblers (135 dollars). If anyone is interested in a heater delete set of any other series please let me know via my email. .

Thanks everyone for your attention.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Date Posted: Sep/17/2023 at 6:37pm
For anyone asking if there is current available stock of these parts, https://theamcforum.com/FORUM/heater-delete-sets-javelinamxrambler-american_topic117009_page5.html" rel="nofollow - Click Here.

-------------
Mauricio Jordán

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net