Print Page | Close Window

V8 PCV Grommet (Edelbrock)

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping
Forum Name: Product Announcements
Forum Description: This section is for vendors or members who offer products or services. VENDORS, Please post here and not in the general tech forums.
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=92514
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 3:35pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: V8 PCV Grommet (Edelbrock)
Posted By: THE MENACE
Subject: V8 PCV Grommet (Edelbrock)
Date Posted: Feb/13/2018 at 6:28pm
I know in the past this has been kind of a hard part for some people to locate.

No problem anymore!
Edelbrock will soon have inventory of PCV grommets for your Gen 2 AMC V8. The part number for this grommet is #4299. I have personally test fit the grommet on several OE intakes I have, and of course on Edelbrock intakes. I will try and get a picture posted here tomorrow.

Thanks
Dennis     

-------------
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.

Replies:
Posted By: billd
Date Posted: Feb/13/2018 at 7:09pm
Good! That's a part that is either missing or hard or cracked quite often.
Sorry but I had to chuckle as I read your post - how ironic if you said "fits stock AMC manifolds perfectly not so good in the Edelbrock intakes"
I know that wouldn't happen, but it would be funny.

-------------

http://theamcpages.com" rel="nofollow - http://theamcpages.com

http://antique-engines.com" rel="nofollow - http://antique-engines.com

Posted By: george w
Date Posted: Feb/14/2018 at 5:48am
AMark has been offering this grommet for quite some time.

-------------
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.

Date Posted: Feb/14/2018 at 10:22am
Originally posted by george w george w wrote:

AMark has been offering this grommet for quite some time.

Yes they have, and that's where we have been sending people who were calling us looking for them, but we had a lot of people telling us that all of the AMC vendors were out of stock. So we decided to have one made.

As most of us AMC'ers know, it's always better to have additional options when it comes to parts availability!!     

-------------
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:

Posted By: 71SC360
Date Posted: Feb/14/2018 at 10:27am
If anyone is looking for one with an AMC part # I have a few NOS ones for sale with the part #..

Posted By: jpnjim
Date Posted: Feb/14/2018 at 9:37pm
Thank you Dennis! (again!)

-------------
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords

Posted By: ClassicCustom400
Date Posted: Mar/01/2018 at 12:23pm
Been available for decades, Edlebrock sends many people to us. (Didn't seem interested when offered to sell them a quantity)

01-6019

Galvin's AMC Rambler Parts

-------------
JeepComancher
www.ClassicCustom400.com

Posted By: 1948kaiser
Date Posted: Mar/01/2018 at 12:53pm
buy from the amc parts suppliers. they support us.

Date Posted: Mar/01/2018 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by ClassicCustom400 ClassicCustom400 wrote:

Been available for decades, Edlebrock sends many people to us. (Didn't seem interested when offered to sell them a quantity)

01-6019

Galvin's AMC Rambler Parts

And who do you think told our Tech guys to tell our customers to contact Galvins?    

-------------
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:

Date Posted: Mar/01/2018 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by 1948kaiser 1948kaiser wrote:

buy from the amc parts suppliers. they support us.

And Edelbrock doesn't?

-------------
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:

Posted By: goops
Date Posted: Mar/01/2018 at 5:50pm
Thank You Dennis and yes Edelbrock is a very good amc supplier and still producing NEW quality parts for us.
 Appreciate all your work on our behalf.
      Goops

Posted By: ClassicCustom400
Date Posted: Mar/09/2018 at 9:34am
If Edelbrock wants to support the AMC hobby, then sell to the Major AMC suppliers your products for less than Summit Racing sells them.  Why would we pay over $25 more than Summit Racing sells them for, and pay shipping on top of it when Sumit Racing offers free shipping.

Support?  Where are R4B intakes then?  Most popular intake, and it hasn't been made for a long time.

-------------
JeepComancher
www.ClassicCustom400.com

Date Posted: Mar/12/2018 at 10:55am
Originally posted by ClassicCustom400 ClassicCustom400 wrote:

If Edelbrock wants to support the AMC hobby, then sell to the Major AMC suppliers your products for less than Summit Racing sells them.  Why would we pay over $25 more than Summit Racing sells them for, and pay shipping on top of it when Sumit Racing offers free shipping.

Support?  Where are R4B intakes then?  Most popular intake, and it hasn't been made for a long time.

Actually Ben, Edelbrock supports Mopar, Chevy, Ford and AMC hobbies and have for many years by listening to people, and designing and manufacturing high quality performance products for all of them.

Summit Racing spends between 2 and 3 million $$$ per month with Edelbrock so it's not real hard to figure out why they get the deep deal on pricing and can sell parts for less than any of their competition.

As for the R4B, "most popular"?? I think we have as many people asking us to bring back the UR18 Tunnel Ram as the R4B. (There are always used R4B’s around!) Besides that the tooling for the R4B was old, worn out and outdated so it was scrapped long ago. You might not understand, but tooling cost is a major investment and there needs to be enough sales potential for a company to make those investments. Not to mention the engineering time involved just to bring back an old intake design to production when new tooling is needed. It would also de-value the used R4B's out there and make them harder for people to sell.

Just wondering, does Galvin's ever offer any quantity discounts or free shipping for spending over a certain amount with your company?       

-------------
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:

Posted By: AMXFSTBK390
Date Posted: Mar/15/2018 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by THE MENACE THE MENACE wrote:

I know in the past this has been kind of a hard part for some people to locate.

No problem anymore!
Edelbrock will soon have inventory of PCV grommets for your Gen 2 AMC V8. The part number for this grommet is #4299. I have personally test fit the grommet on several OE intakes I have, and of course on Edelbrock intakes. I will try and get a picture posted here tomorrow.

Thanks
Dennis     

Dennis, Yesterday I received a 7530 Air Gap intake from Summit. It came with no PCV grommet. This begs the question, when will grommet #4299 be available?

-------------
Questions are powerful tools...what's in your toolbox?

Posted By: 70amxvegas
Date Posted: Mar/15/2018 at 9:47pm
If anyone thinks Edelbrock does not support AMC well.... what is the saying dumb as a door knob.

Thanks for the EXTRA support Dennis.

Date Posted: Mar/16/2018 at 12:33am
^^^Ray, you are absolutely right. We should all be grateful about the Edelbrock products available for our AMCs. My AMX 390 engine is starting to look like an advertisement for Edelbrock: Camshaft, lifters, Air Gap intake manifold, Carburator, classic finned valve covers, chrome 14" air cleaner.  It just happened that way. Wish I had installed Edelbrock cylinder heads, water pump, F.I. , etc. Although the engine is still on the stand......Big smile  LOLSmileTongueBig smile

-------------

Date Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 4:59pm
FYI

These PCV grommets (#4299) are now in stock!

-------------
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:

Date Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 5:42pm
Dennis, I checked Summit Racing and Jeg's and they do not list it. They sell other grommets but not #4299. Who stocks it?

-------------

Date Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by AMXFSTBK390 AMXFSTBK390 wrote:

Dennis, I checked Summit Racing and Jeg's and they do not list it. They sell other grommets but not #4299. Who stocks it?

It takes Summit, Jegs, NAPA, Pep Boys, etc. time to get new things into their system.

Summit sells anything that Edelbrock makes/carries, so if you give them the part number #4299 they will have it dropped shipped from our warehouse directly to you.

Dennis   

-------------
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net