Print Page | Close Window

AMC featured car show.

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Lounge Area
Forum Name: Upcoming Shows and Events
Forum Description: AMC related shows, auctions or events go here. Announce club events here.
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=91820
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 12:48pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: AMC featured car show.
Posted By: pit crew
Subject: AMC featured car show.
Date Posted: Jan/13/2018 at 12:34pm

36th Annual Arthritis Foundation Classic Auto Show & Cruise-In

Featured Marques:AMC, 50th Anniversary of AMX and Javelin, Volkswagen, Celebrating 50 Years of Herbie and 35 Years of the GTI Packard.

Friday July 6, 2018: 36th Annual Cruise-In, Dublin Metro CenterRegistration 10am-5pm Live Music starts at 6:30PM

Saturday July 7, 2018: 36th Annual Classic car Show, Dublin Metro CenterRegistration 7am-11am Live Music starts at 4:30PM

Cost: Pre-Registration cost: $30 for Friday Cruise-In $35 for Saturday Show or $55 for both days Day-Of Show.

http://www.visitdublinohio.com/events/annual-festivals-and-events/arthritis-car-show/" rel="nofollow - http://arthglr.ejoinme.org/MyEvents/2018ClassicAutoShowColumbusOH/tabid/931010/Default.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://arthglr.ejoinme.org/MyEvents/2018ClassicAutoShowColumbusOH/tabid/931010/Default.aspx

-------------

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20

Replies:
Posted By: amcglass
Date Posted: Feb/17/2018 at 5:55pm
I think it was in 2001 when they had the AMC as Marques and they broke the ARTHRITIS FOUNDATION CAR SHOW record for Marque attendance .   so this year will be an attempt to break the AMC record for attendence

-------------
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin

Posted By: amxdreamer
Date Posted: Feb/17/2018 at 11:40pm
Looks like a great event!

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Posted By: amcglass
Date Posted: Feb/18/2018 at 7:34am
this show has always been a top notch class act  very well put together Run like clock work as well

-------------
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin

Date Posted: Feb/18/2018 at 9:23am
From their web site:

"Friday, we get the party started with the Cruise-In as we welcome the public to see over 1100 cars on display in the Metro Center competing for 100 6 ft tall trophies. Saturday, we see 1200 classic cars on display in over 50 classes get judged looking for over 300 different awards. Friday and Saturday, we welcome the night with some live entertainment."

That is also the same weekend as the Good Guys show at the Columbus Expo Center. Some people bounce back and forth between the two shows.

http://www.good-guys.com/ggn-2018" rel="nofollow - http://www.good-guys.com/ggn-2018

-------------

Date Posted: Feb/18/2018 at 11:42am
You have created a dilemma for me Ken, I will be heading west from CT at that time and was planning on heading up to Toronto for the Northern Ramblers AMC show that weekend. It's another all AMC show that I've wanted to attend for years! 

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Feb/18/2018 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

You have created a dilemma for me Ken, I will be heading west from CT at that time and was planning on heading up to Toronto for the Northern Ramblers AMC show that weekend. It's another all AMC show that I've wanted to attend for years! 
Time to flip a coin Tony. If you ask me the Columbus show is the one you should attend. No dilemma. LOL.

-------------

Date Posted: Feb/19/2018 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by pit crew pit crew wrote:

Time to flip a coin Tony. If you ask me the Columbus show is the one you should attend. No dilemma. LOL.

I'm already stopping for GAD on the way out to the east coast, then up to MI for a show, then over to CT, then up through Montreal over to Toronto for the Canadian show. I have a place to stash my setup and fly home for a few weeks at work before flying east to haul down to Auburn for the Nationals and the drive home....going to be a busy summer!

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Feb/19/2018 at 2:04pm

I'm already stopping for GAD on the way out to the east coast, then up to MI for a show, then over to CT, then up through Montreal over to Toronto for the Canadian show. I have a place to stash my setup and fly home for a few weeks at work before flying east to haul down to Auburn for the Nationals and the drive home....going to be a busy summer!
Time to start collecting frequent driver miles. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Feb/19/2018 at 6:15pm
I'm trying!

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Posted By: Rogue343
Date Posted: Mar/01/2018 at 8:24am
I see this is the week after the AMO nats in Auburn.  Ken, clicked on the link but don't see anywhere to pre-register yet.  Any idea when they start?  Also, know you guys have attended this show before, is there ample trailer parking? Thanks

-------------
1967 Rambler Rogue 'X' code 343 4 speed
1966 Rambler American 440 4 door Factory 290 (now 360) 4 speed VIN 100003

Date Posted: Mar/01/2018 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Rogue343 Rogue343 wrote:

I see this is the week after the AMO nats in Auburn.  Ken, clicked on the link but don't see anywhere to pre-register yet.  Any idea when they start?  Also, know you guys have attended this show before, is there ample trailer parking? Thanks
Howard,

They don't have the online registration up and running yet but if you go to the registration page there is a link, in small print of course, that will pull up a "paper" copy you can mail in. The location is a huge office park with tons of parking. At past shows they put all the trailers in the lots surrounding the show field. This link should get you the "paper" registration form.

https://arthglr.ejoinme.org/Portals/4875/Files/2018%20CAS%20Registration%20Form.pdf?ver=2018-02-01-095230-957" rel="nofollow - https://arthglr.ejoinme.org/Portals/4875/Files/2018%20CAS%20Registration%20Form.pdf?ver=2018-02-01-095230-957

This link should get you an overhead view of the general area of the show.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.094474,-83.1296913,595m/data=!3m1!1e3" rel="nofollow - https://www.google.com/maps/@40.094474,-83.1296913,595m/data=!3m1!1e3

-------------

Posted By: 69 SCRambler
Date Posted: Mar/08/2018 at 2:37pm
Sounds like a great show!

Posted By: captscot
Date Posted: Apr/19/2018 at 4:53pm
I just sent a message to the contact email provided on the site for the show.  Other than printing "Dublin, OH, no where is there an address.  I'm sure those living in Ohio know where it is, but coming from out of state I'd like to know so I can get there, plus be able to reserve a hotel?  I'll let you all know when I get a reply.

AMC Cheers, Scott

-------------
1972 Javelin AMX - orig owner
1985 Grand Wagoneer
1967 Jeepster
1968 Jeep Gladiator
1959 Jeep CJ5
1929 Marmon model 68

Date Posted: Apr/19/2018 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by captscot captscot wrote:

I just sent a message to the contact email provided on the site for the show.  Other than printing "Dublin, OH, no where is there an address.  I'm sure those living in Ohio know where it is, but coming from out of state I'd like to know so I can get there, plus be able to reserve a hotel?  I'll let you all know when I get a reply.

AMC Cheers, Scott
Scott, this should help you get started on location part. The Crown Plaza and the Hilton Garden Inn are both good choices. The show is in the big parking lot across from the Crown Plaza.

http://www.google.com/maps/@40.0944947,-83.1298105,17z" rel="nofollow - http://www.google.com/maps/@40.0944947,-83.1298105,17z

-------------

Posted By: AMCpowered
Date Posted: Jun/15/2018 at 8:47pm
We registered the car yesterday and got our hotel reservations.  We'll be there Friday and Saturday.  This will be the first show for our 1965 American 440H, gold and ivory, after five years of restoration work.
See you there!

Ron

Date Posted: Jun/16/2018 at 6:42am
Originally posted by AMCpowered AMCpowered wrote:

We registered the car yesterday and got our hotel reservations.  We'll be there Friday and Saturday.  This will be the first show for our 1965 American 440H, gold and ivory, after five years of restoration work.
See you there!

Ron
Be sure to bring some comfy chairs to sit out under the stars and listen to the bands.

-------------

Date Posted: Jun/16/2018 at 10:15am
Going to be a great time! Look forward to seeing the car Ron.

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Jun/16/2018 at 7:05pm

Tony, this mean you're sticking around after the nationals for this one?  I know Lee's got a wedding to go to that Saturday but I've been thinking about coming down on Saturday.

-------------

Posted By: Sonic Silver
Date Posted: Jun/16/2018 at 8:56pm

Tony, this mean you're sticking around after the nationals for this one?  I know Lee's got a wedding to go to that Saturday but I've been thinking about coming down on Saturday.
Is Lee marrying Miss Ukraine from the Gettysburg hotel? I knew it.....

Date Posted: Jun/17/2018 at 5:19am
Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

It will be a formal wedding. They got out the white shotgun.

-------------

Posted By: AMXTSY
Date Posted: Jun/17/2018 at 11:11am
 Can someone please explain the protocol for the Friday Cruise-In? Is this an actual judged event or is it based on participant/spectator voting etc.? Are there any guidelines or special criteria? Do the classes for Saturday remain the same on Friday? I was just wondering how things were organized...

The website doesn't really have a lot of specifics about the Friday show. But, with this being the AF's 36th annual event, I'm sure they have it down to a science by now. With over 1000+ cars expected for Friday alone, it sure sounds like a great time!

Hope the weather is good for all of the festivities.   Bruce

-------------
Bruce Carothers
Champaign County, Il.
AMO # 9928

Posted By: Have2SC's
Date Posted: Jun/17/2018 at 11:23am
Originally posted by pit crew pit crew wrote:

Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

It will be a formal wedding. They got out the white shotgun.
  Sorry guys i cant be there as i have a old friend who is taking the plunge. Alex, No more wedding talk for me as women cost to much moneyLOL.   

-------------
1971 SC360 Hornet 4 speed   1970 Javelin 390 4 speed "Base Model" 1967 Rambler 220 X code 343 4 speed

Date Posted: Jun/17/2018 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by AMXTSY AMXTSY wrote:

Can someone please explain the protocol for the Friday Cruise-In? Is this an actual judged event or is it based on participant/spectator voting etc.? Are there any guidelines or special criteria? Do the classes for Saturday remain the same on Friday? I was just wondering how things were organized...

The website doesn't really have a lot of specifics about the Friday show. But, with this being the AF's 36th annual event, I'm sure they have it down to a science by now. With over 1000+ cars expected for Friday alone, it sure sounds like a great time!

Hope the weather is good for all of the festivities.   Bruce
Friday Cruise-In is "sponsors choice". Officials from the Arthritis Foundation will circulate and pick their 100 favorite cars of all the makes attending on Friday so clean and shiny are the order of the day.

Saturday is a judged show. AMC class is a "show within a show" and I believe the Ohio American Motors Classics chapter of AMO is in charge of the AMC portion of the show including judging.

If your staying at one of the hotels within walking distance you could park in the AMC area on Friday and leave your car there overnight so your in the right location for Saturday. Or you could park anywhere on Friday, move your car to hotel parking Friday night, and put your car in the AMC area on Saturday morning. It is all up to you. 

-------------

Posted By: AMXTSY
Date Posted: Jun/17/2018 at 12:47pm

Hope the weather is good for all of the festivities.   Bruce[/QUOTE]Friday Cruise-In is "sponsors choice". Officials from the Arthritis Foundation will circulate and pick their 100 favorite cars of all the makes attending on Friday so clean and shiny are the order of the day.

Saturday is a judged show. AMC class is a "show within a show" and I believe the Ohio American Motors Classics chapter of AMO is in charge of the AMC portion of the show including judging.

If your staying at one of the hotels within walking distance you could park in the AMC area on Friday and leave your car there overnight so your in the right location for Saturday. Or you could park anywhere on Friday, move your car to hotel parking Friday night, and put your car in the AMC area on Saturday morning. It is all up to you. 
[/QUOTE]

Ken,   Thanks for clearing it up. It all makes sense now. Already registered. Hope to see you there.  Bruce

-------------
Bruce Carothers
Champaign County, Il.
AMO # 9928

Date Posted: Jun/17/2018 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by AMXTSY AMXTSY wrote:

Ken,   Thanks for clearing it up. It all makes sense now. Already registered. Hope to see you there.  Bruce
Unless something very unexpected happens I should be there both days. I have been attending this show on and off for many years now. It is one of my favorite shows.

Schmidt's should be one of the food vendors again this year. You have to try their Bahama Mama sausage plate with hot German potato salad and have a cream puff for dessert.

http://www.schmidthaus.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.schmidthaus.com/

-------------

Date Posted: Jun/18/2018 at 8:39am
Map of the show area. Note that AMC is in section 24. That means everyone entering the show area will be driving past the AMC section. Good place to be featured.

http://arthglr.ejoinme.org/Portals/4875/Files/2018%20Class%20Map%206.4.18%20v2.pdf?ver=2018-06-05-055248-843" rel="nofollow - http://arthglr.ejoinme.org/Portals/4875/Files/2018%20Class%20Map%206.4.18%20v2.pdf?ver=2018-06-05-055248-843

-------------

Date Posted: Jun/18/2018 at 9:57am

I wish I could, need to get back as I start work on the 6th Cry

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Jun/19/2018 at 5:19pm
Got my registration sent today.  Be there on Saturday. Looking forward to the show.

-------------

Date Posted: Jun/26/2018 at 7:42am
Talked to Jeff Kennedy yesterday. He said he will be setting up the local club tent and some AMC signage in the AMC area on Friday. Be sure to look for him in the AMC area.

-------------

Date Posted: Jul/06/2018 at 5:42am
Having my morning coffee and then it is time to load up the cars. Javlynn Sue decided she will be taking her 74 Javelin so we will be taking two cars. I am just a little nervous as this will be the first trip longer than a few miles for her Javelin and this will be the first long trip for my Hornet since we installed the Holley Sniper.

Talked to Jeff Kennedy yesterday. He said the other featured marque is VW so he dig up some old AMC ads that talk about how people pick AMC over VW and had them blown up to poster size. He is going to put them along the entrance road by the AMC cars. Then the VW people will have to drive past them when they enter the show area. Should be fun to see their faces.

See you all in Dublin. Safe trip to everyone.

-------------

Posted By: 1fine69
Date Posted: Jul/08/2018 at 7:51pm
Need to have a show in Myrtle Beach !

Date Posted: Jul/08/2018 at 9:42pm
Yet another fine AMC show comes to a close. What a great time.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net