Print Page | Close Window

New EFI Intake Manifold

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Garage
Forum Name: AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
Forum Description: AMC-made V8 engine mechanical, ignition and fuel from basic repair to high-perf modifications
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=91226
Printed Date: Apr/16/2024 at 4:00am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New EFI Intake Manifold
Posted By: THE MENACE
Subject: New EFI Intake Manifold
Date Posted: Dec/04/2017 at 12:49pm
If Edelbrock were going to design a new EFI intake manifold what (if any) suggestions do people here have for the new design?

I'll be going to a meeting on this subject this week and would like to get your input and ideas to talk about a new AMC V8 EFI intake development.

Thanks
   Dennis

-------------
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's car)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.

Replies:
Posted By: Slate
Date Posted: Dec/04/2017 at 1:01pm
An adjustable intake that you could configure for single 4150 mounting and dual 4150 flange ( dual tunnel ram ).

Steve

Posted By: pit crew
Date Posted: Dec/04/2017 at 1:06pm
At least two locations for temperature senders. One for the EFI ECU to use and one for a "gauge" on the dash. 

-------------

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20

Posted By: 304-dude
Date Posted: Dec/04/2017 at 1:26pm
I'm thinking MPI, dual throttle body with motor driven open/split plenum (like Honda had done with pre 2013 V6 motors).

It would make serious engines more street responsive by shifting torque curve when RPM is below 4K.

Plus if done modular style (like Honda) you can tune with adjustable runner configuration, by adding a multi port runner spacer, as the left and right bank runners from the heads meet dead center and offset, so a single runner spacer can be changed out in 25 minutes (no gasket sealer needed, uses a multi layer sandwiched steel gasket on both ends. The ease and speed comes from the main body being bolted to the runners not the heads, at its center.

Pretty slick yet for the money worth every penny for satisfying the masses, instead of limiting to a select group in particular.

-------------
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker

Posted By: Lenni AMC
Date Posted: Dec/04/2017 at 1:34pm
The same intake as they had with the Proflow injections
But with a 4150 plenum so the carb guys can use it as well ( Double the sales )

-------------
AMC Gremlin w/401
6.212 @ 117.01 - 1/8 Mile
9.785 @ 133.11 - 1/4 Mile
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikyNqrfpMB8VzLd910Hkhg

https://rbjracing1.wixsite.com/website

Posted By: jcisworthy
Date Posted: Dec/04/2017 at 4:41pm
I second that. 

If Edelbrock produced the Proflo with a 4150 top I think it would be the go to intake for most of the AMC crowd

-------------
Specializing in dyno services, engine building, and cylinder head porting

rbjracing.com
Phone Number 518-915-3203

Posted By: Boris Badanov
Date Posted: Dec/04/2017 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by jcisworthy jcisworthy wrote:

I second that. 

If Edelbrock produced the Proflo with a 4150 top I think it would be the go to intake for most of the AMC crowd

Ditch the Torker and go with this idea!

-------------
Gremlin Dreams

Posted By: jtsllc1
Date Posted: Dec/04/2017 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by THE MENACE THE MENACE wrote:

If Edelbrock were going to design a new EFI intake manifold what (if any) suggestions do people here have for the new design?

I'll be going to a meeting on this subject this week and would like to get your input and ideas to talk about a new AMC V8 EFI intake development.

Thanks
   Dennis

I think Edelbrock should already have a good idea. I know we already went over the extra water spicket for the the drivers side. Plenum size was adequate after lowering the plenum height so the hood of an AMX could close using a lower drop air cleaner. Last but not least we ran a non ported EFI intake with a 4150 flange at the Engine Masters Challenge this year with no problems handling 7000 RPM and no problem supporting an extra 200HP over stock. Also tested the H.S. pedestal rockers and the exhaust to 7500 RPM. The intake widens the power range nicely and has a more efficient design.

-------------
JTSLLC1

Date Posted: Dec/04/2017 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Lenni AMC Lenni AMC wrote:

But with a 4150 plenum so the carb guys can use it as well

Originally posted by Boris Badanov Boris Badanov wrote:

I second that. 

Yeah, that idea is already at the top of my list as well!

Originally posted by pit crew pit crew wrote:

At least two locations for temperature senders. One for the EFI ECU to use and one for a "gauge" on the dash.

Not sure what you are saying here Ken. Our current Pro-Flow EFI intake has a location for the OE sender (1/8" pipe) on the far left side front of the intake for a gauge. The EFI manifold also has as a location on the right side front for the EFI coolant temp sensor to be installed. What am I missing?

Dennis       

-------------
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:

Posted By: jpnjim
Date Posted: Dec/04/2017 at 7:36pm
The only complaints I ever really heard about Edelbrock MPI was the control system didn't keep up with the times & not having the specialized support in place when unique problems arose. 

I don't know enough about programming MPI systems to offer much help here,

Would it be better to use/allow an existing/upgradable/open source system like Mega-Squirt?

Or maybe combine forces with a company that has the expertise and support structure already in place for a stand alone MPI system that could be adapted to any engine.

^assuming this would be for the next generation of Edelbrock MPI systems for more than just us.

Being able to run larger throttle bodies and injectors later to support more horsepower in the future is probably beyond what Edelbrock is marketing for,
but if the system is upgradable later it would appeal to people who think they'll want 750-1000hp later (even though most never will).

-------------
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords

Posted By: WesternRed
Date Posted: Dec/04/2017 at 7:38pm
Seems they already have the Pro-flow EFI intake, so why not just make it a bit more readily available. Might give others like Fitech and Holley to offer AMC solutions at a better price point.

They seem to offer better intakes for other engines, but we are mostly stuck with 20-50 year old designs, I'm sure they would know what would work and sell best.

Posted By: Red Devil
Date Posted: Dec/04/2017 at 8:04pm
Not much for EFI, but maybe in the future?   My short list matches most others:
- 4150-style for universal-type throttle bodies or carburetor 
- injector ports to suit common injectors available in various flow ratings to suit wider range of power levels
- stock-type accessory mounts
- complete EFI kit, tunable like other aftermarket options, optional injector size 
- individual parts at reasonable, competitive prices (including bare, machined manifold) 
- common OEM sensors where suitable 
- kit to plug injector ports and unused sensor ports when fitting a carburetor (plugs can be removed later if fitting EFI) ... or offer less EFI machining (different part number) for carburetor use. 

Thanks, RD

Posted By: pit crew
Date Posted: Dec/04/2017 at 9:13pm

Originally posted by pit crew pit crew wrote:

Not sure what you are saying here Ken. Our current Pro-Flow EFI intake has a location for the OE sender (1/8" pipe) on the far left side front of the intake for a gauge. The EFI manifold also has as a location on the right side front for the EFI coolant temp sensor to be installed. What am I missing?

Dennis
I was not sure if this was going to be a clean sheet of paper design or not so I just want to throw that out there as more or less a reminder.

-------------

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20

Posted By: RUMBLR
Date Posted: Dec/05/2017 at 2:00am
Something like a holley hi ram - like they make for LS1.

Can run a single throttle body at the front, with a removable top to convert to tunnel ram.

https://www.holley.com/products/intakes/hi-ram_manifolds/parts/300-122

-------------
343 904 M20 - 11.83@115

Posted By: DaemonForce
Date Posted: Dec/05/2017 at 4:25am
Seeing as there is an array of existing products through them, Edelbrock should already have the complete universally agreeable answer to this question and that would most likely end their current line of carb'd AMC V8 manifolds to move everyone over to the next effective platform. In my case, an attempt to add MPFI to the AMC V8 would involve custom milling and the end product would be based on the Chrysler 4.7L system found under the hoods of G.Cherokees littering the yards. Yeah I can already hear the screaming and whining about how bad that idea is over all the mental gymnastics over alarm systems, body modules, emissions equipment, wiring and everything...Don't care. That is how I would make it happen and it would most likely involve a plenum for an 8-71 blower.

-------------
1971 Javelin SST
American 304 2v | FMX | AM20-3.31

1983 American Limited
Jeep 4(.7)L S-MPFI | 1982 NWC T-5M (4.03/.76) | Dana30IFS/35-2.72

Date Posted: Dec/05/2017 at 5:11am
Originally posted by RUMBLR RUMBLR wrote:

Can run a single throttle body at the front, with a removable top to convert to tunnel ram.

I like your thinking, but I think is would limit the market somewhat. Probably better to stick with a more universal 4 barrel configuration, you can always put a nice 90 deg hat on top for a modern style throttle body. I can’t see much demand for dual 4 barrels either, since injection would allow you to run a pretty big throttle body without compromising too much on low RPM performance. I’d even suggest killing off some of their carby manifolds if the new one let you run a carby as well as injection. People would buy that to have the upgrade path available to them over being stuck with a carby forever.

Date Posted: Dec/05/2017 at 7:44am
Originally posted by WesternRed WesternRed wrote:

Originally posted by RUMBLR RUMBLR wrote:

I like your thinking, but I think is would limit the market somewhat. Probably better to stick with a more universal 4 barrel configuration, you can always put a nice 90 deg hat on top for a modern style throttle body. I can’t see much demand for dual 4 barrels either, since injection would allow you to run a pretty big throttle body without compromising too much on low RPM performance. I’d even suggest killing off some of their carby manifolds if the new one let you run a carby as well as injection. People would buy that to have the upgrade path available to them over being stuck with a carby forever.

I really doubt there will be a new manifold but a revised manifold based on an approved change.
Edelbrock wanted 25k just to make the changes on their existing EFI manifold for a 4150 flange.
I also would assume the changes have already been determined at this point.
You have to remember the common sense approach just does not apply only the corporate channel does. So keeping the changes subtle and beneficial is key to Edelbrock.

1) 4150 flange (Benefit: increased sales)
2) Water at the rear of the manifold also on the drivers side (Benefit: eliminates potential problems with the Edelbrock head)
3) Allowing manifold to be ordered with out the bungs machined (Benefit: increased sales)
4) Increased runner size (Benefit: none)
5) Leaving additional stock on the out side of the runner in order for the customer to increase runner size. (Benefit: none)

-------------
JTSLLC1

Posted By: Buzzman72
Date Posted: Dec/05/2017 at 2:23pm
The GM tuned port injection system may be the most widely produced fuel injection manifold system in the world. So why not an AMC lower intake that will accept GM-style upper TPI tubes? In fact, you could make a TPI-style lower intake to fit any manufacturer's block and heads, and make them to the specs that GM used for the upper intake. My idea's not rocket science. It's a proven system.

You can sell it as a full stand-alone EFI system. OR just sell the lower intake and fuel rails, and let the buyer "hot-rod" the system with the injectors and other pieces that best fits his/her plans.

And someone will likely then make adapters tor all manner of 2-barrel carbs, such as Weber side drafts, even downdraft deuces, as Vic Sr. did in the early days. Four carb V8s still look trick as heck. Just build the lower to fit the GM upper... can't get much simpler.

And that's what I would do. Not reinventing the wheel, just adapting it to fit multiple makes...including AMCs.

-------------
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.

Posted By: 343sharpstick
Date Posted: Dec/05/2017 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Red Devil Red Devil wrote:

Not much for EFI, but maybe in the future?   My short list matches most others:
- 4150-style for universal-type throttle bodies or carburetor 
- injector ports to suit common injectors available in various flow ratings to suit wider range of power levels
- stock-type accessory mounts
- complete EFI kit, tunable like other aftermarket options, optional injector size 
- individual parts at reasonable, competitive prices (including bare, machined manifold) 
- common OEM sensors where suitable 
- kit to plug injector ports and unused sensor ports when fitting a carburetor (plugs can be removed later if fitting EFI) ... or offer less EFI machining (different part number) for carburetor use.<span style="font-size: 19px; line-height: 1.4;"> </span>

Thanks, RD

Some great ideas here, if there were a single-plain, air-gap manifold that could be used with a carb, OR MPFI with a commonly available throttle body, I'd order one today.
I'm one of few that would love a more elegant solution with a tunnel ram style efi intake with modern-style long runners, and a replaceable hats to accommodate dual carbs or a horizontal throttle-body. But I think that market would be very small.

Posted By: farna
Date Posted: Dec/05/2017 at 3:38pm
I like both the 4V 4150 flange and a 90 degree "hat" to adapt something like a Ford TB (what about DUAL TBs.. one in front, one in back!), and the GM TPI lower. TPI is old tech though, 85-92. Not so sure there would be much demand for that, though you could make different uppers for various carbs and throttle bodies. Don't think the TPI would be profitable enough. Instead of a 4150 flange there could be a larger opening with an adapter cover for different carb/TB applications, similar to what Clifford does with some of their six cylinder intakes (or used to...).

-------------
Frank Swygert

Date Posted: Dec/05/2017 at 6:56pm
So I gather this is the current pro-flo efi manifold (pinched from Jtsllc1's thread) that has been modified to the 4150 flange.

Other than changing the flange, there is probably not a lot more to be done. An improved air-gapped Torker would tick a lot of boxes. 4150 flange is just a lot more universal for all sorts of applications other than Edelbrock trying to flog their full Pro-Flow system. Kill off the Torker in the process since there are already plenty of them floating around for people who really want to use them.

Be mindful of finished height so people can keep things under the bonnet as this would suit most people.

Posted By: Red Devil
Date Posted: Dec/05/2017 at 8:47pm
Couple other thoughts:
- better PCV baffling than RPM AirGap
- try for similar low-end and mid-range but better top-end than AirGap.
- fit under a flat hood without carb spacer and with drop-base air cleaner ... but spacer helps for those with cowl hoods or similar needing more plenum volume.    

The AMC RPM AirGap has good bottom end and mid-range, but drops off quickly on the top end compared to equivalent intakes for other makes.   Would sacrifice some bottom end to gain on top.  

Thanks, RD

Date Posted: Dec/06/2017 at 9:59am

So I gather this is the current pro-flo efi manifold (pinched from Jtsllc1's thread) that has been modified to the 4150 flange.

Other than changing the flange, there is probably not a lot more to be done. An improved air-gapped Torker would tick a lot of boxes. 4150 flange is just a lot more universal for all sorts of applications other than Edelbrock trying to flog their full Pro-Flow system. Kill off the Torker in the process since there are already plenty of them floating around for people who really want to use them.

Be mindful of finished height so people can keep things under the bonnet as this would suit most people.

Here is the same manifold but we made a thinner flange and coated the intake for heat sink. After testing with the lower plenum height we found the plenum size was more then adequate to feed the engine. This was the non ported intake we ran at the EMC. The second picture shows the extra water on the drivers side but we had to block all external water per the rules for the EMC.

-------------
JTSLLC1

Date Posted: Dec/06/2017 at 10:30am
Originally posted by jtsllc1 jtsllc1 wrote:

Here is the same manifold but we made a thinner flange and coated the intake for heat sink. After testing with the lower plenum height we found the plenum size was more then adequate to feed the engine. This was the non ported intake we ran at the EMC. The second picture shows the extra water on the drivers side but we had to block all external water per the rules for the EMC.

Here is the air/oil separator we ran at the EMC because the E vac system and the Vacuum pump was not permitted. The second pic is the final height  ported 4150 EFI based on equalizing the runners. 

-------------
JTSLLC1

Posted By: trewyn15
Date Posted: Dec/06/2017 at 10:48am
Hmmm... make one for Gen 1 engines? :D

-------------
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Night Edition
2000 Trans Am WS6
1989 Trans Am GTA
1989 Grand Prix ASC/McLaren
1983 AMC Concord DL
1966 AMC Rambler Rebel Classic

Date Posted: Dec/07/2017 at 5:54am
Originally posted by trewyn15 trewyn15 wrote:

Hmmm... make one for Gen 1 engines? :D

I like the way you think...

-------------
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.

Date Posted: Dec/07/2017 at 11:23am
I doubt they will, but for a gen1 just
mill .03 off each head face
and drill two holes.

That's it.

-------------
Gremlin Dreams

Posted By: 304-dude
Date Posted: Dec/07/2017 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Boris Badanov Boris Badanov wrote:

I doubt they will, but for a gen1 just
mill .03 off each head face
and drill two holes.

That's it.

Sounds like your talking about 67 to 69 Gen2.

GEN1 has different configuration with water ports and top cover below the intake.

-------------
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker

Date Posted: Dec/08/2017 at 5:17am
Yea, my bad...

-------------
Gremlin Dreams

Posted By: hurst390sc
Date Posted: Dec/10/2017 at 8:48pm

But with a 4150 plenum so the carb guys can use it as well ( Double the sales )

Absolutely!   I would be in for 3 in this configuration.

-------------
70'amx 390 4 spd.

69'sc rambler 390 4spd.

Date Posted: Dec/11/2017 at 7:08am
They could make spacer/port matching plates to adapt it to a Gen1, the same as many people do themselves. Would be an easy way to go. Someone should make those adapter plates... wouldn't be hard for a machine shop to crank a few out! Probably wouldn't be a hot seller though...

-------------
Frank Swygert

Date Posted: Dec/11/2017 at 11:26am
If any manifold is supplied as cast it would be EASY to adapt it to a 327.

Band saw, milling machine and a hour or so.....

It's the holes that make it a pain.

-------------
Gremlin Dreams

Date Posted: Dec/11/2017 at 12:22pm
So how did the meeting with Edelbrock go ?

-------------
AMC Gremlin w/401

Date Posted: Dec/11/2017 at 1:25pm

Last week I was talking with the engineers about this subject, but our meeting got postponed until this week due to some of our employees attending the PRI show.

I see some good input on this subject and from that I have taken some notes to talk more about. I should know more about the new manifold (and hopefully a thermostat housing) later this week.

Sorry, but for those who want Gen 1 stuff I have to tell you that we won't be doing anything for the Gen 1 engines.

Dennis       

-------------
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:

Date Posted: Dec/11/2017 at 5:12pm

Sorry, but for those who want Gen 1 stuff I have to tell you that we won't be doing anything for the Gen 1 engines.

Dennis       

Me thinks Caroll Shelby, Lee Iaccoca and PT Barnam combined would have a tough time making that sales pitch. (and I'm a gen1 fan)

-------------

Date Posted: Dec/12/2017 at 12:56pm
Keep the input/ideas coming!!

One of our EFI engineers is off all this week so our meeting got pushed back again.

In talking with one of the engineers working this project I can tell you that we will be upgrading our AMC/Jeep Pro-Flo EFI system! And as requested the new EFI intake will have the 4150 top flange.

In the meeting next week we will be talking about:
1) Manifold height.
2) Improving the PCV valve baffling. (I personally haven't had any problems with this, but I know some of you have.)
3) Early and late manifold applications.
4) Fully machined verses un-machined manifolds.
5) Making the new Pro-Flo EFI components available separately.
6) I'm also going to try and push for the early OE style thermostat housing (without the sensor/switch holes), but that is going to be a tough sell I think.

I would really like to hear your thoughts on manifold height and hood clearance!

Thanks
Dennis

-------------
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:

Date Posted: Dec/12/2017 at 3:25pm
I would just try to keep the height similar to jtsllc1 thinner flange version and then people who want it taller can use spacers

Think that is the best way to try to obtain as much hood clearance as possible
But on the other hand I don´t see any problem with the intake being taller than the Torker since if you want a lower intake you then have some to choose from

-------------
AMC Gremlin w/401

Posted By: amx600rr
Date Posted: Dec/12/2017 at 8:12pm
I say forget Hood clearance....... make a run of UR18s!!!!!!  :)

Date Posted: Dec/12/2017 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by amx600rr amx600rr wrote:

Now you're talking, but the reality is that if it needs a hole in the hood it's going to limit sales considerably. Make something that works better than a Torker for both carby and EFI and you will be on a winner. If you want to sell manifolds, make something new that works, someone who wants a Torker, can buy a used one any day of the week so they aren't forced to buy a new one.

Date Posted: Dec/13/2017 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by amx600rr amx600rr wrote:

Edelbrock seemed to have no interest in the tunnel ram. I showed them the Edelbrock / Offy combo using the EFI base and the Offy Tunnel Ram since the runners were a better size and there is 3 options for a top. The Offy intake lined up real nice for the raised port heads after I cut  it to fit. The Offy Tunnel Ram will slip right through the EFI base to be welded on the head side of the base flange not on top of the EFI base.

-------------
JTSLLC1

Date Posted: Dec/13/2017 at 6:40pm
That's the option I was thinking of.

Steve

Posted By: 401Ambo
Date Posted: Dec/13/2017 at 6:43pm
4150 flange
Mounting for factory throttle cable bracket
Boss for four corner cooling

Or copy jtsllc1's tunnel ram and raised port heads!

-------------
'72 401 Ambassador wagon
'69 pro-Street AMX
AMX/2 (starting soon)

Date Posted: Dec/13/2017 at 7:00pm

Guys, we are not interested in doing a new Tunnel Ram at this time!!

-------------
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:

Posted By: 1970390amx
Date Posted: Dec/13/2017 at 7:19pm
It seems the majority here want an all out race type manifold. I have to wonder how many will sell. I think a lot of demand for a street able manifold that would work in the 4x4 world would sell more manifolds. I personally would vote for a manifold that uses all the GM tuned port pieces to complete.

-------------
1970 390 4speed Bittersweet shadow mask AMX
1970 Amx missing most everything, or in a box

Date Posted: Dec/13/2017 at 10:02pm
The tunnel ram would be awesome and should be on the table. Having said that the next idea logically grows out of the efi manifold. However, with imagination, I see no reason why a multiple configuration intake couldn't be offered that would cover several channels. Having it look cool under the hood is just as important as "performance".

Steve

Date Posted: Dec/14/2017 at 4:07am
So with all this talk about a new intake, is there definite plans to make and if so, when? 

-------------

rbjracing.com

Date Posted: Dec/14/2017 at 5:39am
Being that "mold making" is part of my business
I am pretty sure that Edelbrock will not put the $$$
into making a complete casting mold set for a new
manifold for this old motor. The volume is not there.

More likely is minor mods and machining changes.

My guess is that Tunnel Rams are out of the picture.  

-------------
Gremlin Dreams

Posted By: swdockter
Date Posted: Dec/16/2017 at 9:50am
X2

For some reason, I like that look. Certainly a change from the old round air cleaner look :)

Posted By: javelinken
Date Posted: Dec/16/2017 at 12:28pm
Anyone considering a tunnel ram should just get one made like they did for the car craft rambler . That way you can have it made to your needs . I have a ur 18 that is converted to efi the project isn’t done yet but I wish I would of just had one built my project is one that snowballed out of control because of unseen labor involved.

-------------
1968 javelin sst 1966 rambler classic convertible. Now up to 3 quarter midgets

Posted By: tsanchez
Date Posted: Dec/16/2017 at 3:55pm
A really good single would be great

-------------
http://s192.photobucket.com/user/antonsan/media/jav1_zps87a70dce.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Dec/16/2017 at 4:28pm
Forget about configurable top, doesn't Indy make the Mod Man for AMC applications?

Forget about all out race manifolds too, we have Indy and HLR to choose from for those who need that.

People who want to can easily enough modify any of the above for EFI.

We need a new manifold for the mass market and that really does include Jeep, that is a huge market.

Wasn't Fitech going to start producing a range of multipoint systems based off Edelbrock manifolds for other makes.

You want something you can run a carby on, something that will take any of the new throttle body injection systems (Holley, Fitech, MSD, etc) and something that will take a generic throttle body and injectors for a multipoint EFI system.

The only other options would be for them to drop the Pro-flo system down to a more affordable price point like $2K, at current pricing it is just a little too expensive for most people.

Could they do a dual pattern top flange for both the pro-flo throttle body and the generic Holley carby?

Date Posted: Dec/16/2017 at 7:57pm
Jeep is the market.
We the car people are far off in the minority.

-------------
Gremlin Dreams

Posted By: Babycakes
Date Posted: Dec/16/2017 at 9:12pm
The Performer is great for us Jeep guys.  The FI ready single plane sounds like a winner.  I want a company to produce excellent timing covers!

Posted By: sweatlock
Date Posted: Dec/16/2017 at 10:06pm
Jeep is dwindling - most of them were/are I6 and many have since swapped over to "other makes" V8's.

Shame that AMC is overshadowed by the struggling company it purchased in '70 - put in perspective, that would be like FCA being overshadowed by AMC, lol.

Date Posted: Dec/17/2017 at 12:41am
Dennis cam here and asked us what we wanted. He didn't ask us what to forget about what we wanted. If you have an idea, express it. At the same time please don't try to speak for others. Dennis can decide what ideas make the most sense for the company. Until then, every idea has the same volume as any other. Otherwise, we becomes "me".

Steve

Date Posted: Dec/17/2017 at 1:52am
He has also made it fairly clear that the manifold must get up on commercial grounds, that's why I think you can rule out certain options.

Date Posted: Dec/17/2017 at 4:32am
Same intake with a 4150 top 

When  are we getting one? 

-------------

rbjracing.com

Date Posted: Dec/17/2017 at 1:57pm
Performer EFI intake with 4150 top makes the most sense. So I hope it goes into production. A convertible model, for when the customer's ready to step up to EFI, would be the dream.

-------------

Posted By: 73hornut
Date Posted: Dec/17/2017 at 5:23pm
If somebody is going to design and produce an EFI manifold, then it should be a modern TBI style, like most new vehicles are, Not a carbie style. It's already possible to EFI any AMC manifold out their with the current bolt-ons, for less money then a new production setup.

-------------
71 Javelin
74 Gremlin
79 Spirit AMX
Rogue Valley Rumblers
Like Us on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602825606650796" rel="nofollow - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602825606650796

Posted By: tsanchez
Date Posted: Dec/17/2017 at 6:03pm
You mean port inj style

-------------
http://s192.photobucket.com/user/antonsan/media/jav1_zps87a70dce.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: pfordamx
Date Posted: Dec/17/2017 at 9:47pm
how about make a super victor for an amc the lowdeck mopar intake is a baseplate and some minor runner shaping away from being there, i like the proflow with 4150 flange for the smaller inch and street car crow too. but the victor would work better for the guys with over 400inchs spinning 7500 plus.

Date Posted: Dec/20/2017 at 6:15pm
I see a lot of good ideas coming from this thread, and we are listening and we are using some of those ideas.    

I'm really not supposed to say too much on this subject as of yet because we are still working out some of the details for the new manifold, so I will need to be careful. I will tell you that we are designing a new AMC Victor manifold. This intake will have a 4150 top flange, bosses for the injectors, fuel rails, and sensors, and improved PCV baffling.

The current plan is to sell two versions. An un-machined (upgradable) version (that would help someone not wanting to jump right into port fuel injection). They will have the option to bolt on a carburetor or one of the many throttle body EFI systems that are on the market to run for a while, and if/when they are ready to upgrade to a real port injection system they pull their intake off and have the injector and fuel rail bosses on the manifold machined. The fully machined version will have all of the injector, fuel rail, bosses, etc. already machined and ready for port fuel injection.

If you guys have any additional ideas post them up so that I can talk about them at the next meeting. (The next meeting is scheduled for 1/4/18) After that I will come back with any new info, changes or updates on this project.

Thanks for all of your input!!
Dennis

-------------
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:

Date Posted: Dec/20/2017 at 11:20pm
Do we keep the AMC bypass water neck?  Can we do better?  

Posted By: kingsX
Date Posted: Dec/21/2017 at 5:30am
Dennis, How soon do you think this will be in production?? Or better yet on the shelves ready for purchase??

Thanks, Steve

-------------
73 AMX Javelin PC

Date Posted: Dec/21/2017 at 7:16am
Dennis, you say the new manifold will be a Victor. 

Does that mean new sizing or the current EFI with a 4150 top? 

Good news either way

-------------

rbjracing.com

Date Posted: Dec/21/2017 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Babycakes Babycakes wrote:

Do we keep the AMC bypass water neck?  Can we do better?  

???

-------------
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:

Date Posted: Dec/21/2017 at 10:15am
Originally posted by kingsX kingsX wrote:

Dennis, How soon do you think this will be in production?? Or better yet on the shelves ready for purchase??

Thanks, Steve

The project is in the beginning stages so it will be a few months. I might know better after our next meeting if we set a target date.

Dennis, you say the new manifold will be a Victor. 

Does that mean new sizing or the current EFI with a 4150 top? 

Good news either way

This is a new manifold (new tooling) not a modified version of our current EFI manifold.

Dennis   

-------------
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:

Posted By: SONOFAMX
Date Posted: Dec/21/2017 at 10:34am
WOW Dennis great news! I spoke with Jim Schmitz, rather he spoke to groups of us at Homecoming last summer, about how he is making 500+ HP with the PRO FLOW 3. I myself and I think many that were there are waiting for this manifold right now. In fact I am waiting to buy the PRO FLOW 3 manifold so I can build my engine now and it's on hold.
Because of Jim's efforts at Homecoming I think you already have a market waiting for the PRO FLOW 3 that will sell today. 
So my question is realistically, how soon will they be available? 

-------------
Did you mean GMC?

Date Posted: Dec/21/2017 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by SONOFAMX SONOFAMX wrote:

Same answer that I gave above!

The project is in the beginning stages so it will be a few months. I might know better after our next meeting if we set a target date.

-------------
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:

Date Posted: Dec/21/2017 at 4:39pm
Thanks for the quick response Dennis. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

-------------
Did you mean GMC?

Posted By: 401Ambo
Date Posted: Dec/21/2017 at 5:19pm

This is a new manifold (new tooling) not a modified version of our current EFI manifold.

Great that you are doing a new intake!

But I'm curious, what happened to the Pro-Flow 2 intake?
It looked to me that it would be very cost effective just to modify it a bit.

-------------
'72 401 Ambassador wagon
'69 pro-Street AMX
AMX/2 (starting soon)

Date Posted: Dec/21/2017 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by 401Ambo 401Ambo wrote:

Great that you are doing a new intake!

But I'm curious, what happened to the Pro-Flow 2 intake?
It looked to me that it would be very cost effective just to modify it a bit.

We would have had to make some new tooling just to make the changes/improvements to the Pro-Flo 2 intake design so the decision was made to start from scratch.

-------------
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:

Date Posted: Dec/21/2017 at 6:05pm
Good call I reckon, nothing like something new to boost sales.

Date Posted: Dec/21/2017 at 7:06pm
Set up for SBC water neck?  IMHO the AMC necks are getting scarce and are worthless with electric water pumps.  

Posted By: 343sharpstick
Date Posted: Dec/22/2017 at 9:13am
This is great news!
A modern single plane intake will be a welcome new addition to my car!
You can't beat the simplicity and Performance of a singe Throttle body/Carb well designed intake manifold.

I've been wanting to do EFI for a while, but I can't get too excited about TBI injection, as it seems to be added expense for no outright performance. So IF I go EFI, I would go MPFI.

Only thing I would like to have is the ability to buy the machined intake with plugs that can be bolted on to plug EFI holes so switching over can be done without removing the intake.

Date Posted: Dec/22/2017 at 6:04pm

I see a lot of good ideas coming from this thread, and we are listening and we are using some of those ideas.    

I'm really not supposed to say too much on this subject as of yet because we are still working out some of the details for the new manifold, so I will need to be careful. I will tell you that we are designing a new AMC Victor manifold. This intake will have a 4150 top flange, bosses for the injectors, fuel rails, and sensors, and improved PCV baffling.

The current plan is to sell two versions. An un-machined (upgradable) version (that would help someone not wanting to jump right into port fuel injection). They will have the option to bolt on a carburetor or one of the many throttle body EFI systems that are on the market to run for a while, and if/when they are ready to upgrade to a real port injection system they pull their intake off and have the injector and fuel rail bosses on the manifold machined. The fully machined version will have all of the injector, fuel rail, bosses, etc. already machined and ready for port fuel injection.

If you guys have any additional ideas post them up so that I can talk about them at the next meeting. (The next meeting is scheduled for 1/4/18) After that I will come back with any new info, changes or updates on this project.

Thanks for all of your input!!
Dennis

Thank you sir for keeping the AMC hobby alive in the hearts and minds of everyone else at Edelbrock.

I have no doubt your influence there paved the way for stuff that's on my car right now. Clap

for what it's worth,
I would buy an EFI ready AMC Victor as soon as they hit the shelves. Smile

-------------

Posted By: 68-73 amx
Date Posted: Dec/22/2017 at 8:27pm
 Eye 2nd.  that. thanks

Date Posted: Dec/23/2017 at 4:46am
I will take two

-------------

rbjracing.com

Date Posted: Dec/23/2017 at 4:51am
Now that I think of it, I need three

-------------

rbjracing.com

Date Posted: Dec/23/2017 at 7:20am
Gotta thank you, Dennis. You knocked one out of the ballpark. Thumbs Up

Steve

Date Posted: Dec/23/2017 at 8:30am
EFI, no matter the type, will likely NOT improve overall performance. A well tuned carb/engine will perform on a par with EFI... under the right conditions. By the I mean with the engine tuned for the exact conditions at the time of the drag strip run, or better yet a dyno run. The 5-10 hp difference can go either way -- depends on how well matched components are, at least on a dyno.

Where EFI excells is in everyday driving. Easier starts, and better power/gas mileage on average. Carbs are only efficient under a narrow range of conditions, EFI tunes the engine as conditions vary. So on a cold morning the EFI engine will produce more power, unless that carb motor was tuned under those conditions (not likely!). For a hobby track car it's great too -- don't have to tune the car throughout the day as conditions change! But it comes at a price, and if you are still experimenting with different parts (like cams and intakes) it can get real expensive. Once you have your parts selected and are going to stick with them, put EFI on for a better driving experience and better CONSISTENT power.

-------------
Frank Swygert

Date Posted: Dec/23/2017 at 12:29pm
It's a new product for AMC V8's from a major SEMA manufacturer/supplier, that's coming out 29 years after AMC as a corporation was gobbled up by another corporation and ceased to exist, and 26 years after the last AMC-designed V8 was built.

That qualifies as a minor Christmas miracle, in my opinion.

Date Posted: Dec/23/2017 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by farna farna wrote:

EFI, no matter the type, will likely NOT improve overall performance. A well tuned carb/engine will perform on a par with EFI... under the right conditions. By the I mean with the engine tuned for the exact conditions at the time of the drag strip run, or better yet a dyno run. The 5-10 hp difference can go either way -- depends on how well matched components are, at least on a dyno.

Where EFI excells is in everyday driving. Easier starts, and better power/gas mileage on average. Carbs are only efficient under a narrow range of conditions, EFI tunes the engine as conditions vary. So on a cold morning the EFI engine will produce more power, unless that carb motor was tuned under those conditions (not likely!). For a hobby track car it's great too -- don't have to tune the car throughout the day as conditions change! But it comes at a price, and if you are still experimenting with different parts (like cams and intakes) it can get real expensive. Once you have your parts selected and are going to stick with them, put EFI on for a better driving experience and better CONSISTENT power.

I absolutely agree with you Frank,
but only to a point.

The point being once you add a reliable knock sensor into the equation you can start tuning closer to the ragged edge with less chance of failure.

MPG (different type of "preformance") can go up dramatically if the program algorithim is designed to lean out under very light load, but adjust fuel & timing when a knock is detected.

So I would agree that Dyno horsepower could favor the carb, or the MPI,
but when you add real world conditions, I'd have to give the day to day advantage to a well thought out and executed MPI, be it 10 degrees or 100 degrees outside.

Bad tunes in the carb or the MPI would ruin the outcome either way,
but computer control is the reason we have 400-500-600+ streetable horsepower vehicles on the showroom floor right now.
Even my little (factory) 1.6L 197hp 4 cylinder would be a hand grenade without it's well executed MPI system to support it.

Besides,
I would want an MPI capable AMC Victor on day one,
but it would be to run a Holley carb on it (at least at first)
Smile

-------------

Date Posted: Dec/24/2017 at 10:08am
My only concern with the use of a knock sensor is that it's reacting to an event that's already occurred, rather than preventing a potentially damaging engine condition. I suppose it's good to have in order to prevent a truly catastrophic failure, but you don't want to be in that area of engine operation where it comes into play.

Date Posted: Dec/24/2017 at 11:05am
Originally posted by sweatlock sweatlock wrote:

My only concern with the use of a knock sensor is that it's reacting to an event that's already occurred, rather than preventing a potentially damaging engine condition. I suppose it's good to have in order to prevent a truly catastrophic failure, but you don't want to be in that area of engine operation where it comes into play.

The knock sensors are pretty sensitive, though I won't pretend to be an expert on how the program algorithim actually works.

I do know many new high performance engines will run on junk regular gas, by dialing the tune back,
then run at full tune/full power when higher octane gas is used. 
My thought is they rely on the knock sensor to determine the cylinder pressure threshold and dial up or down boost and timing accordingly.

The little 1.6L 197hp engine I mentioned earlier has 10:1cr, with a turbo and is spec'd to run on regular unleaded with cast pistons.
To put that in brand new cars with a factory warrentee for use in all temperature ranges and conditions they must have faith in the sensor.

^All that said,
the factory tune is very forgiving,
aftermarket tunes on these same engines can and will = catastrophy sometimes

-------------

Date Posted: Dec/24/2017 at 2:02pm
sweatlock, that might be true, but if the cylinder detonates a few revolutions that's not likely to cause damage. It's repeated detonation that damages pistons. So the cylinder(s) detonate a few revs and the computer dials timing back, preventing damage. How far back it goes and how long it waits to dial back up depends on the programming. IIRC the Jeep Renix 4.0L computer drops 3 degrees, then if it knocks again will drop another 3, but 6 degrees is the limit. Some will retard one cylinder, some all. I think the Renix computer retards cylinders individually. I don't have a problem with mine, but I moved the knock sensor further toward the front. Have to to use car side plates for the motor mounts. Makes me wonder if placement has anything to do with it, or the computer tries each cylinder until the knock goes away. It can likely check all six cylinders within 100 revolutions. I know it won't dial timing back up until the engine is shut off. Then it just starts over again. 

-------------
Frank Swygert

Date Posted: Dec/24/2017 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by SONOFAMX SONOFAMX wrote:

WOW Dennis great news! I spoke with Jim Schmitz, rather he spoke to groups of us at Homecoming last summer, about how he is making 500+ HP with the PRO FLOW 3. I myself and I think many that were there are waiting for this manifold right now. In fact I am waiting to buy the PRO FLOW 3 manifold so I can build my engine now and it's on hold.
Because of Jim's efforts at Homecoming I think you already have a market waiting for the PRO FLOW 3 that will sell today. 

After thrashing the AMX on the dyno earlier that week I made the 1 ½ hour trip to the Kenosha Homecoming to display the car for Hopped up Cylinder Heads.

I always say seeing is believing, there was allot of people who took a firsthand look at the EFI 4150 intake, Grace Dugan Exhaust and the Grace PCV with the Air Oil Separator for themselves at the Kenosha Homecoming. 

Everyone had the opportunity to see things for themselves and make their own opinion instead of someone embellishing their opinion for them with no facts to back them on the Forum.

I told allot of people at the meet that from my testing I do not see a problem for the 360 to make 500 + HP using an un ported EFI 4150, mild ported iron heads, Grace Dugan exhaust and the Grace PCV Baffle with an Air Oil separator.

We ended up pretty close with 489.7 HP and did all right with iron heads only flowing 256 CFM @ .480 lift. If we ran the 271 CFM heads and my ported EFI intake we would have been in the 530 HP range.

I.M.O. it is an early Christmas present for the AMC community to actually have a modern intake for AMC produced by Edelbrock. I am also glad they changed their mind and are going to address the PCV issue, I think it is very important also saving around 5 to 10 HP. Hopefully Edelbrock will not forget about the water on the intakes rear driver’s side.

I know my modified intake works just fine and I look forward to hear and read about everyone’s results when they compare the new intake to the current ones they were using before.

The Key Questions I would like to ask  before investing in a new intake is 1) Runner cross sectional area size? The current area is at 2.250-2.3 sq. in. which we found this size to be good to 6800 RPM without a problem. The ported EFI 4150 intake added more power across the board and widened the power range even more. This brings me to question 2) The deg. of the taper for the runner?  I found on both the 401 and 360 the straighter runner made the power range broader and the power came in quicker. 3) The runners approach angle to the head, will it be at a higher angle like the current EFI Intake or more flat like the Torker? 4) Plenum size and shape? I found the plenum size of the EFI 4150 plenty big to feed the size of both engines.

Since Edelbrock is starting from scratch how about Edelbrock gives AMC the unfair advantage by pushing the runners outward in order to equalize the 4 outer runner’s length. The runners are currently around 5” on the short and 6.5” to 7.0 on the long. There has been substantial gains and it would not affect the street ability of the intake and bring the AMC up to par with the rest of the pack.

I guess you can see what I would do to the intake next after knowing what I know now… I look forward to see what Edelbrock creates….

-------------
JTSLLC1

Date Posted: Dec/24/2017 at 3:26pm
You're right Jim, about having to see the final product. I was assuming it will be like the EFI only larger CSA and an air gap base

Similar to the big block Mopar version

-------------

rbjracing.com

Date Posted: Dec/26/2017 at 12:07pm
So...Any word yet?

-------------
Did you mean GMC?

Date Posted: Dec/26/2017 at 2:34pm
Comparing a modern engine that is designed around the use of a knock sensor, where the sensor is installed in the optimal location on an engine block to detect 'knock', with an algorithm produced by a global manufacturer with millions of dollars of research behind it, is not the same as me screwing a knock sensor into an iron block designed in 1966 and driving around with a laptop.

To me, on an older engine design, I would want to operate consistently below the threshold where a knock sensor would even come into play, & set the engine operating parameters accordingly for a good safe margin - it would be like insurance, nice to know you have it but you don't want to use it. I would not use it to enable me to run the engine at the ragged edge in order to obtain the last drop of HP available, and rely on a knock sensor to dial everything back when detonation/pre-ignition occurs.

Date Posted: Dec/27/2017 at 9:05am

You're right Jim, about having to see the final product. I was assuming it will be like the EFI only larger CSA and an air gap base

Similar to the big block Mopar version

I.M.O. the Mopar Victor would be way to big for 95% of the AMC street cruising community just like I believe the same with header size. Edelbrock would have made more HP if they ran a 1 5/8 header when testing for their dyno results. Seems small intake runner goes hand n hand with small primary exhaust. It takes someone running at Jeff Lees level to benefit form the Mopar Victor intake size. The Mopar Victor does not start walking away from the non ported EFI 4150 until .400 lift. The non ported EFI is superior below .400 lift with a smaller runner and the Mopar victor is superior as the lift goes up to .900 lift with a bigger runner. Then there is Spiro's comment where he is mostly concerned about the flow at mid lift where the smaller runner intake dominates. Spiro was a contributing factor for the School who took 3rd at the 2017 EMC gaining them an additional 30 HP just from advising them the install degree of his cam. The professor was a little shocked when Spiro told him he really did not care about the big flow number he achieved at Max. lift. The professor asked Spiro if he would spend a couple weeks helping them next year and the professor was quite shocked when Spiro told them if you want to win either select an AMC or a Mopar... Spiro is the go to guy for cams, another good recommendation from Jeff Lee. The down side he is very busy so it takes a while and the up side he has the AMC's running really fast like Adkins.... I ended up using Erson because they were able to grind a cam and get it to me in less then 3 days. I would like to go back and try all 3 cams, Spiro's, Bullet's and compare it to the Generic Erson Cam I ran. Maybe some day.... I think the Bullet cam I had custom ground would be killer in the 401 but just not practical to drive everyday. So right now the Super Scavengers I ran at the EMC are on the car and when the good  weather breaks in spring I can go back on the dyno and get my final numbers then off to the track for some T&T at Byron.....Here is a pic for an example of pushing the runners outwards and reducing the curve in order to equalize the runners... One of the competitors at the EMC was pushing 340CFM with his Mopar heads using a victor but when you compare CFM to HP it was low.

-------------
JTSLLC1

Posted By: Lime Green 70
Date Posted: Dec/27/2017 at 9:23am
 I believe the new intake will be a Victor Jr. the torker will be dropped . just my opinion . 

Date Posted: Dec/27/2017 at 11:29am
Torkers are a carb boiler anyway, good to have a better manifold.

-------------
Gremlin Dreams

Date Posted: Dec/27/2017 at 12:03pm
"I.M.O. the Mopar Victor would be way to big for 95% of the AMC street cruising community "

I agree Jim I was refering to the shape as opposed to an Indy AMC or small Mopar Victor style. 

A lot of what I do falls in the 5% that would benefit from the CSA

In my opinion the best intake Edelbrock could make is an EFI sized like the current one only thick enough for increasing CSA to meet the needs of those who need a larger CSA; leaving it up to the end user to make it larger. 

-------------

rbjracing.com

Date Posted: Dec/29/2017 at 2:51pm
bump

-------------
Did you mean GMC?

Posted By: Hurst390
Date Posted: Dec/30/2017 at 8:44am
Lower 9s with iron heads and an old junk antique heat soaking torker here...best of 145.11 mph @ 2950#. Maybe a new manifold will get me 8's?
Sarcasm aside thanks for making a new product for us all...

-------------
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal

Date Posted: Dec/31/2017 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Hurst390 Hurst390 wrote:

Lower 9s with iron heads and an old junk antique heat soaking torker here...best of 145.11 mph @ 2950#. Maybe a new manifold will get me 8's?
Sarcasm aside thanks for making a new product for us all...

I think you have a perfect example of what engine combination the Torker manifold size is good for. Just like Jeff Lee proved out when he went from the Indy Manifold to the Torker, the Torker was a better match in size and made more power. I.M.O. I do not think you would see any gain with the smaller intake most likely less power with your combination but I could see you increasing power with the Mopar Victor size intake to support around 700 HP. The Mopar Victor would be a good replacement for the Torker. When I talked to Adkins and told him I think the Torker was too big for my combination he said the Torker is more for racing not the street but we are limited in selection to what the aftermarket supplier provides. In my case the smaller intake is the right size to make the most power for my combination because it made more power across the board then the R4B and the Torker. 

As far as the heat soak even if you air gap the Torker you will see no gain because Hot air rises. I found the only way to stop the heat soak  was to coat the intake which allowed us to make our back to back pulls because we had no time to wait for the manifold to cool back down. I even mentioned to Edelbrock the manifold was hot to the touch in the Plenum area when I was changing carbs on the dyno to hear their reaction. So the Term Air gap has nothing to do with the manifold running cooler but might be useful for advertisement to sell intakes.

I look forward to see what Edelbrock comes out with. Same size as the EFI, same Size as the Torker, same size as the Mopar Victor, straight runners, tapered runners, equal runners etc.

-------------
JTSLLC1

Date Posted: Dec/31/2017 at 2:49pm
After welding the heat cross over shut the Torker worked good.
But you could fry an egg on the dang thing and it boiled
the carb nicely before I performed the surgery.

The Torker is Not a bad manifold, but it needed an air gap badly.

-------------
Gremlin Dreams

Posted By: Hurst390
Date Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 12:41pm
Too big...Too little...I just run what I have..
I have a torker on a 401 with exhaust manifolds in a Hornet...it ran 13's at Cordova. My brother ran one on a stock 304 with headers. it ran great.
I've ran a torker on almost every combination I have ever ran..I never blamed the intake for anything, other than it was the best 100 bux I had spent on the whole car...
It takes WAY MORE than a manifold to make or break a combination IMO..

-------------
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal

Date Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Hurst390 Hurst390 wrote:

Too big...Too little...I just run what I have..
I have a torker on a 401 with exhaust manifolds in a Hornet...it ran 13's at Cordova. My brother ran one on a stock 304 with headers. it ran great.
I've ran a torker on almost every combination I have ever ran..I never blamed the intake for anything, other than it was the best 100 bux I had spent on the whole car...
It takes WAY MORE than a manifold to make or break a combination IMO..

Agreed....

but I'd still be at the front of the line for a modern single plane that uses some of what's been learned in the 50 years since the Torker/Tarantula came out.

It doen't take away from how versatile the Torker has been for us to want to see something new developed.

....besides,
imagine how many more $100 Torkers you'll be able to buy if they release a Victor AMC Star LOL

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net