Print Page | Close Window

Pittsburgh, western Pa AMC gathering

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Lounge Area
Forum Name: Upcoming Shows and Events
Forum Description: AMC related shows, auctions or events go here. Announce club events here.
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=89900
Printed Date: Apr/16/2024 at 3:56pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Pittsburgh, western Pa AMC gathering
Posted By: scott
Subject: Pittsburgh, western Pa AMC gathering
Date Posted: Sep/21/2017 at 4:50pm
AMC owners & cars get together, a little north of Pittsburgh Pa. Bring your AMC, bring yourself. Meet the locals, check out the AMC's!
OK, lets set the date: Sunday October 15th, 12 noon. Location: North Park, Grant Grove on Wildwood Rd.

Closest address I could find is 1350 Wildwood Rd. This is a gas station a couple hundred yards or so from the Grant Grove. Pass the gas station on your right, grove will be on your left. Look for the AMC's.Smile

I don't expect that grove to be reserved this late in the season, but if it is, we can move right across Wildwood Rd. There is not a shelter there, but we'll be checking out cars & don't really need a shelter.

If you are not driving your AMC, maybe park across the street so we can keep all the AMC's grouped together. Unless you are bringing something old & cool, but non AMC, like my friend Greg will be driving.

Replies:
Posted By: dltowers
Date Posted: Sep/21/2017 at 7:40pm
"WesternErmm Pennsylvania"....
How is there anything west in PA?

-------------
Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20

Posted By: Kensey
Date Posted: Sep/22/2017 at 6:57am
I'm in! Should have my Gremlin there too. 

-------------
Gremmy Power!!!

Posted By: AMCT
Date Posted: Sep/22/2017 at 7:57am
Yep no ten gallon hats on two gallon heads.

-------------
Dirt is for racing asphalt is for getting there.

Posted By: theamcguy
Date Posted: Sep/22/2017 at 8:01am
This is in North Park itself go down Wildwood Road until you hit North park should be on the left.  You can also go down Babcock Blvd and make a right onto Ingomar Rd and it will be on the right.   

-------------
Bill Strobel
Fayetteville, NC
1967 Rebel SST
1969 SC/Rambler
1972 Hornet Sportabout
1976 Matador Brougham
AMCRC. AMCWC, AMO, NAMDRA

Date Posted: Sep/22/2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by theamcguy theamcguy wrote:

This is in North Park itself go down Wildwood Road until you hit North park should be on the left.  You can also go down Babcock Blvd and make a right onto Ingomar Rd and it will be on the right.   

Exactly Bill! Are you going to be stopping by?? You must have lived in the area at one time.

Date Posted: Sep/22/2017 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by dltowers dltowers wrote:

"WesternErmm Pennsylvania"....
How is there anything west in PA?

Dickie, I consulted my maps & charts. Turns out western Pennsylvania is right next to the east Texas I am always hearing about!!!

Are you & the Missus going to make the trip to Pittsburgh so we can check out the Javelin???

Posted By: theamcguy
Date Posted: Sep/24/2017 at 7:25am
Sorry I will not be able to make it.  Yes I lived only a few miles from North park while growing up.  Spent a lot of time there hiking, fishing, and camping.  Wonderful place. 

-------------
Bill Strobel
Fayetteville, NC
1967 Rebel SST
1969 SC/Rambler
1972 Hornet Sportabout
1976 Matador Brougham
AMCRC. AMCWC, AMO, NAMDRA

Date Posted: Sep/26/2017 at 3:31pm
I stopped at the location this afternoon with a GPS. Coordinates for the get together are N 40.59430,  W 079.99551

Posted By: amcglass
Date Posted: Oct/14/2017 at 5:25am
appears that the weather will not allow this trip to happen    l  dont think the car will come out Sunday 

-------------
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin

Date Posted: Oct/14/2017 at 4:18pm
The latest weather forecast for the area shows rain arriving at 7PM, hopefully they are correct. That would give us plenty of time to check out all the AMC's. The forecast is calling for partly cloudy, high of 75.

I have the Rebel gassed up, & cleaned up, so I am ready to make the short trip to North Park. Looking forward to seeing everyone, & putting a face with some of the forum names.

Posted By: amcglass
Date Posted: Oct/15/2017 at 5:32am
3 hours west of P-burg and the weather is coming from the west moving North east  I would be in the Rain all the way home.    

-------------
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net