Print Page | Close Window

5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Lounge Area
Forum Name: General AMC Chat Australian Edition
Forum Description: There are some things mostly of interest to Aussies - this is their AMC Chat spot
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=87277
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 9:51am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018
Posted By: 70Hornet
Subject: 5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018
Date Posted: May/09/2017 at 8:35am
Welcome to the official 5th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show thread

This show will be extra special in that it is also a 50 year celebration of the iconic AMC Javelin and AMX which turned AMC from having a conservative fuel economy car maker image to one with a lot more presence in the new muscle car era created by the Big 3

March 16/17/18 2018 is a weekend that promises to be one of the most significant weekends for AMC's in Australia for a long time with car owners from around Australia showing interest in not only bringing their Javelin and AMX's but all manner of other AMC's to help celebrate

This show I call one of the "Big 4" here in Australia (or DownUnder if you are reading this in the US). No I don't mean Ford, GM, Chrysler and AMC but the 4 BIG AMC shows we now have here in Australia to show off AMC's

#Shannons American Car show in Melbourne (AMC's organised by Colin Main)

#WA Everything Chrysler day (AMC's organised by Darren Isaac)

#Cooly Rocks in QLD (AMC's organised by Garry Murphy)

#Annual AMC/Rambler show Albury/Wodonga NSW/VIC (AMC's Organised by me Jason Chaplin)

Next year will see many AMC's not seen for some time. You can keep up to date here on this thread. Hope you enjoy the ride

Happy AMC-ing

PS Feel free to spread any info from this thread to club newsletters, facebook sites, emails, texts, or even via smoke signals, hand gestures etc so everyone with even a minute interest in AMC's is aware of what is going on

Replies:
Posted By: WesternRed
Date Posted: Jun/26/2017 at 10:32pm
We have a poster, getting excited now:

Date Posted: Jun/28/2017 at 5:39pm
The AMC/Rambler poster came out pretty good I reckon

There is a funny story with the red Javelin on the poster. This particular rendering was shown as a much smaller version on the overall COTM poster back in 2014. Anyhow one day I get a call off Ray Ikin who says "hey Jase that's a pic of my car". I asked how he knew that? Well if you look at the front bumper it doesn't line up properly. The artist drew it exactly as he photographed it at the 1st AMC show. When I got it done this year I asked that they leave it out of alignment to keep the connection. Ray Ikin will be there in the red Javelin with crooked bumper next year to sign copies :-) (Unfortunatly Ray's tow truck broke down on the way up to the 4th annual show this year but he says he will be at the 5th no matter what)

The Official 26th Chryslers on the Murray will also be out soon and shows a real nice 72 hump guard javelin. Real nice looking poster but not finished yet. Will have it posted up once available

Date Posted: Jul/04/2017 at 2:28am
Just to clarify. The phone number at the bottom of the flyer is "Rambler Spares" owner Steve Fripp and not mine (Mine will be on the entry form when it comes out in a couple of months). Steve as most of you know has all the Mascot Motors NOS AMC parts from when they closed plus a whole lot of 2nd hand parts and parts cars. Steve, and I hear Jeff :-), will be down next year with even more New, New Old Stock, Reconditioned and 2nd hand parts for many of our AMC's :-)

For those that want to email him (ie if you live overseas in US etc) with wish lists he can be contacted on frippy1974@gmail.com

He has parts I have never seen advertised even the US. The rear NOS Matador X rear panel was one that stood out for me

Date Posted: Jul/06/2017 at 5:19pm
There is definitely a track day happening on the Friday of the show. There are limited spots so book early when the entry forms come out. John Carson from QLD looks set to bring his AMX track car down for the weekend and put the hammer down on it on the Friday which will be great to see (there is rumour a group of QLD AMC's might be heading down which would be great to see). The track day has lap sprints (timed), go to whoa etc and is a fun day to go as fast or slow as you want. Having just done a day down there in my little 1969 Mini I can highly recommend it. Feels good to go as fast as you can in a fairly safe environment. Will be good to see a few AMC's strut their stuff.

PS I havnt heard any rumours of any SA cars as yet but there is some SA owners/cars I think a whole lot of people would love to see. GremX Gremlin or Javelin and Andrew Tucks #3 AMX to name a couple. GremX has a rich history with the marque here in Australia (having owned Rampart, the one and only Aussie Gremlin etc) and there is a lot of people who would love to put a face to the name, see one of his cars AND have a chat with him about AMC's in Australia over the years

Sadly Clem Smith from SA passed away earlier in the year. He had a great collection that is to be auctioned off in September and fully supported this AMC/Rambler show having brought cars each year and he even brought 3 AMC's all the way over form SA to the show last year (2016) and was set to bring 3 again this year but unfortunately this didn't happen. Hope his cars go to good homes and we see a few of them at the show in new hands next year

For interstate owners the trick is to not treat it as just a car show. Chryslers on the Murray (AMC/Rambler show)is much more then that compared to most shows where you park in a paddock for the day then drive off as soon as you can get out. This show is much more then that throughout the weekend. It is a holiday, or weekend away, an adventure, a breath of fresh air for you and your AMC. Distance to get here is irrelevant if it is a holiday. The car show part is just the bonus, or the icing on the cake.

I will pop bits and pieces up on this thread as I am asked so keep posted and feel free to spread it around any way possible

PS It is school holidays here so I hired 'Herbie Goes Bananas' to have a movie night with the kids. I hadn't seen it since I was a kid. I saw no less then 4 Hornets in it :-) Some great cars cruising around in the background

Posted By: amxdreamer
Date Posted: Jul/06/2017 at 6:43pm
What kind of car numbers are you hoping for? I assume its a "side show" to the Mopar show?

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Jul/06/2017 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

What kind of car numbers are you hoping for? I assume its a "side show" to the Mopar show?

Going by car owners that have verbally said they will be here next year it is looking to up around the 60 mark. About 20 of these will be Javelin/AMX's. These tally's don't include owners I haven't talked to etc. The last 4 years has seen from 22 to 28 cars which sounds low but it is still the most AMC's you are usually going to see at any one time in the one spot here in Australia so if we do get around the 60 mark it will be amazing for us all down here in Australia. The record in Australia is 51 set in South Australia (SA) back in the early 90's

And yes it unashamedly piggy backs on the big Chrysler show over here (the biggest outside of North America) which helps not only in organising but attracts such a huge crowd (around 10,000 over the weekend) Which just an AMC show over here in Australia by itself would not

And the spectators each year have genuinely loved the variety our cars provide being there. Win/Win :-)

I have sent the poster to a few people over your way so if anyone is over here around that time and is thinking of popping in to have a look please let us know so we can catch up for a chat and show you around

Date Posted: Jul/07/2017 at 5:51pm
For AMC owners in Sydney this weekend (Sunday 9th July) there is an "American Independents Day" show at Linwood House, Guildford. I gather it covers all our cars ie Nash, Hudson, Rambler etc as well as many others not under the AM banner. Hope to see some photo's of the AMC's there :-)

8/7- Better just check the details of that show before you head out there. Someone sent me a text the other week about it but I cant seem to find any info about it.

11/7- I did find a little bit to say show was to be on. Did any AMC's go? And if so any photo's?

Date Posted: Aug/22/2017 at 7:20pm
Not much news while waiting for winter to bugger off. The complete entry forms will be out in next week or so. Looks great and it has a hump Javelin on it that well and truly steals the poster. I cant put it out there yet until printed apparently.

Clem Smiths cars (who fully supported the annual AMC/Rambler show bringing cars each year until he sadly passed away) were auctioned the other day and he would be happy to see they all look to have gone to good homes. I have heard of at least one of the AMC's in new hands heading over to the show next march which would make old Clem happy to see it will still be getting used, and seen and appreciated, as he used to love doing with most of them
White 64 American $8812, Brown 70 Javelin $34075, 52 Hudson Hornet $56400, 55 Hudson Twin H Power $29375, 64 Classic Cross Country wagon $18,800, Matador X coupe $11162, Terraplane Sprintcar $17037

Looking to be at least 20 Javelin/AMX's next year (7 of these AMX's!) if everyone is still as keen as when I have spoken to them recently and if the odd rumour here and there is true. With about another 40 AMC's of all descriptions (including possibly 2 Matador X coupes)next year will be a once in a lifetime collection of AMC/Rambler's in Australia   

Posted By: 68-73 amx
Date Posted: Aug/22/2017 at 8:44pm
Really like the poster .Any extra for sale?

Date Posted: Aug/22/2017 at 9:37pm
Yeah the 50th Javelin/AMX anniversary poster did come out good and are printed on a good quality medium. These are a limited edition item of 250 copies but at this stage I don't know if there will be spares as I am waiting for the other main show poster to come out (which has some Aussie Chryslers and a hump guard Javelin and have about 5000 printed copies) which will then be sent together to AMC/Rambler owners throughout Australia. Like the Rebel Machine 2017 edition poster this year (which was only 200 copies)they do get distributed well. I will let you know if any left but who knows someone may offer one to you or someone may put one on ebay for the collectors

Date Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 11:56pm
Hi everyone. 1st day of spring!!! It has been a long time coming here in Albury but the cold still not quite over yet.

Entry forms are getting printed this week and I will have a copy up here on the forum very soon and start sending them out to clubs, registers and individuals.

Some other great news is the last Aussie built AMX #24 should be at the show here next March in the hands of its new owners who are looking at bringing it all the way from north QLD for us all to see and appreciate. So few of us got to see it when it was in our own backyard so will be great to see this car out and about for us all to see. Australia's most original AMX of the 24 that were made is in real good hands will enjoy a nice life up there in QLD. This will make 7 AMX's potentially being at the show so far which would be easily an Australian record I would think? Cant wait    along with about 13 javelins so far and a multitude of other AMC's looking at taking part the show looks set to be the biggest ever held in Australia to help celebrate 50 years of the Javelin and AMX

Stay tuned for some more exciting news soon

Date Posted: Sep/01/2017 at 2:28am
Well that's a bit of news since the previous owner (maybe family) had it since new.

Will have to follow up on the enquiry I made about trucking cars over from the west coast, not that I hold out much hope of being able to afford it.

PS: I did see the main show poster, but can't remember where it popped up now.

Date Posted: Sep/01/2017 at 3:31am
There was a copy of the COTM poster that got snuck out but I don't think it was the final version and had some peculiar background etc

Sometimes its fairly cheap to bring a car over from WA I think as some trucks are coming or going empty and need a load. The bloke over the road works for a truck mob who does East to West so I might ask him to see what we can do

Date Posted: Sep/03/2017 at 4:44pm
Although the weather is still terrible here in Albury I do love spring! Spring is full of fresh surprises and here's one of them. A lot of you know about the Australian #15 AMX that has a mythological stature in that it was possibly mocked up and considered as one of the yellow/blue/red MFP cars in the original Mad Max movie by Kennedy/Miller to help with the 'futuristic' look. Ultimately an AMX didn't appear in the movie (a Hornet did though!) due to costs and the local XB sedans were used. The car was reverted back to road use and on sold. Whether the story is true or not (and there is no concrete evidence to suggest either way as yet) the car itself has gained a massive following and, although they may not have known about the car, Johnny Lightning did do a 1/64 scale of the car.

Doug from NZ bought the car from Australia (#15 of the rare 1 of only 24 AMX's built in Australia) in a poor state and has near finished it to what it was reputed to almost be. The full resurrection of this mythical beast, with the generous help of Summit parts, is nothing short of amazing. Some photo's appear on another thread of this forum. Doug is holding out only showing small teaser photo's but it is now nearing completion

Well now for the fresh Spring season news, although not guaranteed at this stage, that car may make an appearance over in Australia at the 5th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show in March to help celebrate 50 years of Javelin and AMX. There may be no less then 4 Australian AMX's (and possibly another unrestored one from QLD on a trailer towed by a Javelin!!!)) and another 4 US one's if all goes to plan. Doug may need some assistance to help this become a reality so stay tuned to see if you may be able to help

Not only AMC enthusiasts, but Mad Max fans as well, will certainly flock for a once in a lifetime chance to see this mythical car

Great stuff!!!!

And stay tuned for some more exciting news soon

Date Posted: Sep/03/2017 at 5:04pm
That is exciting news. Here is that other poster that popped up:

Date Posted: Sep/03/2017 at 5:06pm
The final version due out literally any minute is similar but hasn't got the circus tent background etc.

Also see that Javelin on the poster? Well some more fresh Spring season news coming soon!!!!!

Posted By: Craigie
Date Posted: Sep/04/2017 at 3:27am
Well done mate, this is coming along nicely !!
I know the QLD crew are starting to get excited

-------------
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin

Date Posted: Sep/04/2017 at 3:52am
Yeah its looking like we will have some special cars here next year (All AMC's are special and rare in my books). I hope your SC/360 Hornet works out in the end and you are able to bring it down adding another ultra special AMC for the show. I do read your other thread but for this thread what are the chances of Australia's only genuine SC/360 making it next March? You don't need to say if you don't want to. Many would love to see it here but we are all aware of the hassles you have had and its a real shame the shipping company stuffed you around so much with compensation to help get it fixed.

Date Posted: Sep/04/2017 at 6:54pm
There is a beaut half page photo of Wayne Dennis's black AMX at this years 4th annual show in issue 40 of Chrysler Action on newsstands at the moment. Wayne's AMX is nothing short of amazing and photo's don't do it justice. Wayne and his Black Beauty will be at next years show again for all to see. Wayne drives this car very regularly which is great to see

Date Posted: Sep/05/2017 at 4:42am
70Hornet, It's been a crazy 12 months ! This time last year I was pleading with the bank manager to approve my loan before the car was sold to someone else. Now I am diving deep into my pocket again to get it repaired after being rail-roaded by the shipping broker after the accident..... and I'm still waiting for the settlement payout that I reluctantly agreed to weeks ago.

Enough of my whinging, fully focused now on getting the Hornet repaired and everything sound so I can drive it down to the Murray in March 2018.
It went in to start the rebuild last week and scheduled to be there for 12 weeks. If everything goes as planned I will be there for the Rambler Bonanza .............

I have been out of the loop for over 25 Years, having sold my first Hornet back in the early 90's. The local Rambler club had fallen apart after some infighting so I didn't really know how much interest was still out there for the brand when I started to consider my old Hornet fantasy, in more recent times. What a pleasant surprise that the interest in Ramblers is still strong ....... and such dedicated people devoting their time to this make of car. Certainly helped me out heaps when things went pear shape.

Looking forward to seeing Wayne's AMX and all the other treasures coming along in March 2018

-------------
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin

Date Posted: Sep/05/2017 at 4:48am
And I also look forward to getting pics of the SC when it's not on the back of a truck ................

-------------
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin

Date Posted: Sep/05/2017 at 9:31pm
I certainly wouldn't wish what has happened on anyone and you certainly will have some stories for the grandkids about the SC/360's adventures

Hopefully next year as you are cruising around American Graffiti style at the AMC/Rambler show in Albury/Wodonga on a mild Saturday night admiring other cool cars and being admired by the multitude of people who line the streets and then relaxing and mixing with many other AMC owners and interested spectators at the show on the Sunday as people take in a genuine SC/360 on Australian soil it will all be forgotten and well worth it

Date Posted: Sep/06/2017 at 2:57am
lol........... you paint a lovely picture that I just have to be a part of !!
Yes, all the frustration (but maybe not the expense) will be in the past if I am part of the cruise and the Sunday display in Albury/Wodonga. It will be an epic week, as the long haul cruise both ways will be a fantastic spectacle, if we can get a good assortment of cars involved and driving down from QLD. I dare say we might educate a few motoring enthusiasts along the way ,, A modern day crusade
My brother and I have another project we hope to have done and down at CotM in 2019. Not a Rambler but a 68 Dodge Charger. ,,,,,,,,,, every chance the SC/360 will drag it off though

-------------
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin

Date Posted: Sep/07/2017 at 2:54am
My apologies Western Red the final poster is pretty much the one you put up. I have the printed copies now in front of me. The circus tent is still there but says 26th annual on it. The final copy I saw the other day had a nicer background I reckon. Anyhow we got a pretty cool Javelin on the poster which as another Spring season surprise is similar to a street driven replica one we will have at the show next year. Stay tuned :-)
[/QUOTE]

Posted By: Legendmusclecars
Date Posted: Sep/07/2017 at 8:35pm
I'm super pumped Jason - can't wait to bring the Javelin down for this show!

Date Posted: Sep/08/2017 at 3:54pm
Hi mate. I am 90% sure I know who this is. Welcome to the forum and we look forward to possibly some "sneak peek" photo's of your Javelin down the track   

Date Posted: Sep/10/2017 at 6:18pm
Entry forms/posters will be sent out via clubs/registers and if I have your mail address soon. If you haven't received one by the end of November please let me know

Feel free to splash any, and all, information and the posters etc on your facebook pages, other forums, club newsletters, text your friends and also talk with any AMC owners you know that may not be aware of the show. If you want a spare copy of the posters/entry forms to hand to an AMC owner up the road you haven't talked to before please me know. The more owners we can find the better. There is still plenty that haven't heard of the show and if we can all band together it can only benefit us all in helping preserve these cars for many years to come.

Also if you can pre-enter this year that would be great. We literally are expecting 60 AMC's so it will be good to gauge space requirements leading up to the weekend

Jason   

Date Posted: Sep/11/2017 at 6:35pm
This is by no means the full list but below is cars that have a better then 75% chance of attending. There is a fair few not on list that are 50/50 etc too

Approx list;
Javelin/AMX 21
Rebel 2
Matador 3 (one a hearse)
Matador X 2
Gremlin Nil so far (hoping to get the yellow gremlin again)
Pacer 2
Jeep 4
Nash 2
Hudson 1
Hornet 9
Classic 6
American 2
Ambassadors 2
Post 1977 AMC Nil so far
50's Rambler nil so far- would love to have a few early Ramblers
Marlin Nil so far

Plus possibly 10 or so cars from QLD club which would be great to see

Any clubs/registers attending feel free to set up a club display etc to show off who you are to everyone

Date Posted: Sep/25/2017 at 3:44pm
Correct me if I am wrong. But.....

TongueHappy 50th BirthdayTongue

American Motors

Javelin

Party

Officially released to the public today all them years ago and still going strong

Hopefully with some energy and enthusiasm from today's custodians to pass on some of the interest we have in you, you can be around in another 50years for a whole other type of world and generation

And hopefully your owners do that one little repair, or a bit of maintenance/cleaning for you today

Happy Birthday Tongue

Date Posted: Sep/28/2017 at 2:12am
Still near 6 months away and already 107 entries with 4 of those AMC's. 2 Hornets, Ambassador and an AMX. If possible would be great if AMC owners can pre-enter so I know how much space I can steal. But by all means you are able to enter anytime right up to near midday on the Sunday of the show so no dramas with last minute decisions to attend. Pre-entering mainly helps from my end

Date Posted: Oct/04/2017 at 3:59am
Retro Auto magazine that is one of the better magazines around these days (this one on-line only) has an article on the Hornet's featuring one of the nicest original Australian assembled Hornets left in Australia. This car will be at next years show for everyone to have a look at. 

https://www.shannons.com.au/club/news/retroautos-october-2017-exclusive-ford-ltd-prototypes-plus-67-valiant-v870horne/

and click "View Magazine"

David will be doing a few AMC's over the course of the next 18months

If possible leave some comments about the article. The more people that do the more they will see the interest in AMC's. It will only take you a minute to do and Shannons use comments to gauge what they will keep doing or avoid. lets show them AMC's really are an important part of the Australian landscape Smile  

Date Posted: Oct/10/2017 at 7:27pm
Hi everyone. Just a quick request. I have literally run out of the AMC poster (I have 5 left earmarked for people) and I have a few people asking for copies. If you have spare copies (IE received one from club as well as from me etc) don't throw it out and if you can you bring them to the show and we can get a copy to most people that want one then. I still have plenty of the COTM one though with the red/white/blue Javelin on it

Also if you have any old AMC club newsletters etc you no longer need or want feel free to bring them and we will leave them on the tables for people to read. Please be aware though that they may go missing

Haven't heard if anymore AMC's have pre-entered yet. I think maybe one more Hornet did

Gotta love Spring in Australia. You know its the start of a 6month car season Smile

Date Posted: Oct/14/2017 at 7:26am
Spy shot.

Date Posted: Oct/16/2017 at 12:15am
show stopper !! Looking forward to seeing that one soon ............

-------------
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin

Date Posted: Nov/01/2017 at 7:32pm
Darren Davis's Javelin got some good coverage on the news as part of the Leukaemia Foundation Muscle Car Run:

Looking forward to seeing the car at the show in 2018.

PS: I should have booked plane tickets a couple of weeks ago, they have jumped by $50.

Date Posted: Nov/02/2017 at 7:56am
Thats a true traffic stopper that car. And from what I hear a traffic cop stopper too, say no more. I only just missed him flying past near where I live in Albury the next afternoon after they left Sydney. Unfortunately the Javelin had dizzy troubles at Canberra so was stuck there for a few hours along with another 4 of the muscle cars out of the 40 that are in the event. We tried to chase up a dizzy but the electricians got the big banger going but he missed the Albury stopover for everyone to have a look at the cars. Hope his adventures have been a bit smoother since the dizzy issue and I look forward to seeing the car and hearing of how the rest of the run went. I think they finish in Adelaide? for anyone over there interested in having a look

Another interesting car that will be at the 2018 show next year is a beautiful mint black 78 AMX Concord. I bet very few people have ever stood next to one of them in Australia. This was a one year only model for the Concord I think and then the AMX name transferred over to the Spirit until about 83? Will be another great addition to the show to help celebrate the Javelin and AMX's as the AMX name didnt end with the desirable 68/69/70 models by any means. I hear there is possibly an AMX Spirit or 2 in Australia. Would be great to get one of the last AMX badged AMC's to the show. If you know who they are would be great if you could ask them   

With still 4 1/2 months to go there is about 170 Chrysler's and 8 AMC's booked in so far. If you could pre enter your AMC that would be great from my end so I can sort out space and arrangement requirements

Hope everyone out there having some fun with their AMC's Smile

Date Posted: Nov/04/2017 at 6:49pm
Also a very early first production "AM General" Hummvee/Hummer will be at the show. It is a genuine US Marines vehicle.  AMC fully designed and manufactured the prototypes and won the contract to build the Hummers but had to sell off the manufacturing rights due to the stake Renault had in AMC. The US military didnt allow foreign powers to be involved in military equipment production. The Humvee/Hummer however is AMC through and through all but when it was manufactured. Will be a great addition to the show seeing a genuine US Marines "American Motors General" still in its working clothes at the show.

Some more little surprises coming :-)

Date Posted: Nov/16/2017 at 1:38am
Garry Murphy from the QLD AMC club is cruising down from QLD with a convoy of possibly around 12 cars from QLD and Northern NSW. Garry is one of the most enthusiastic AMC owners we know and is very active with all the AMC cars and owners up that way getting everyone and their cars out regularly for cruises around the state. Many of us are looking forward to meeting him in person and it will be great for all AMC owners next year as there will be AMC cars/owners from QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC, SA and visitors from WA, Tas. Maybe even a car from NZ and definately some visitors from over the ditch. I havnt heard of anybody from NT yet but you never know. If you are from NT and are thinking of coming let me know  Smile

Anyone interested from QLD or Northern NSW (or even North coast/Newcastle/Sydney etc) in joining Garry's convoy as they make their way down the coast feel free to contact him on 0407209160 for details. On their way down they will be stopping in at Len Pendlebury's car museum in Sydney which focuses on mainly AMC's with many interesting cars you wont see anywhere else in Australia. 

Please remember if you can pre-enter your AMC as soon as you can please do. Helps me from this side with my organising. If you need a form PM me and I can send you one. I have no AMC specific one's left with the red Javelin on them and they almost turning into a collectors item already lol

Looking forward to celebrating all things AMC next year with cars and owners from all over

Smile

Posted By: Lucas660
Date Posted: Nov/16/2017 at 6:18am
I'm thinking about coming along next year, just cruised in on the Sunday when I attended in 2014. Is this still ok? Can't really pre book because I work in the events industry and don't know what can come up between now and then

Date Posted: Nov/16/2017 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Lucas660 Lucas660 wrote:

I'm thinking about coming along next year, just cruised in on the Sunday when I attended in 2014. Is this still ok? Can't really pre book because I work in the events industry and don't know what can come up between now and then

Yeah that's no worries at all for anyone to book in on the weekend of the show. As there is over 60 AMC's indicating they are coming I have only be asking that the majority pre enter so I can work out some things this end. Saying that, all cars/owners can just cruise in and enter anytime (including 6pm to 8pm friday) and anytime 7am to late arvo saturday and up to about 11.30am on the Sunday of the show with or without a form as one will be provided when you rock up if you havnt got one. If anyone thinks they will be later then 11.30am just let me know so i can still get your car in. So if anyone wakes up on the Sunday and says "bugger it I will go" then they can just jump in their car and head off Tongue The show is flexible all round. You can come and go when you want. Cars arn't stuck at the show until a certain hour like many car shows nor do you have any set time that you need to have your car inside the venue etc. Looking forward to seeing you there if you are able to make it Smile

Date Posted: Nov/17/2017 at 6:54pm
Flights are booked so I'll be looking to bum rides on show weekend. Also staying for the F1 the following weekend.

Date Posted: Nov/18/2017 at 7:36am
Originally posted by WesternRed WesternRed wrote:

Flights are booked so I'll be looking to bum rides on show weekend. Also staying for the F1 the following weekend.
Awesome. You will have no trouble hitching a ride or two in some cool AMC's and Chryslers over the weekend. Hopefully a few AMC's get out for some cruising on the friday and saturday night. Thats been a bit of a highlight the last couple of years is the cars cruising Albury American Graffiti style both them nights. looking forward to it Smile

I am pretty sure their may be an AMX booked in for the track day too next year and at least one other thinking about it. I dont have much to do with the track day part but if you want to have a few hot laps around a racetrack at whatever pace you want (IE a stock 32 Dodge done it last year) then thats the place to be on the friday. There is limited places so you will need to get your name in early for the track stuff. If you miss out and really really want to get your AMC out onto the racetrack on the friday please let me know

Date Posted: Dec/05/2017 at 8:09am
Hi everyone

Not much news leading into Christmas. About 11 AMC's fully booked in so far including 3 AMX's and 4 Javelins which is amazing so far out from show. For example the first year show there was only 9 AMC's booked in all up from memory by the night before the show (yeah i was sweating lol) but we ended up with 28. Literally there is over 60 indicating they are coming next year and taking into account that we will lose a few I reckon 60 is the number. Huge for an Australian AMC gathering by all accounts

Retro Auto's magazine has a nice article this month on Colin Mains beautiful Canadian built RHD classic hardtop which was one of the cars present at the first Australian AMC show. Hopefully Colin is able to bring it again next year for all to see. Please feel free to add comments to the retro auto comment section as the more AMC/Rambler comments the more AMC articles they will run. I think the Javelin gets a spot in next issue or so too Tongue

https://www.shannons.com.au/club/news/retroautos-december-2017-toronado-designer-david-north-the-purvis-eureka-anda1/

https://www.shannons.com.au/club/news/retroautos/all/

Date Posted: Dec/07/2017 at 7:38pm
Show will be here in no time, better start thinking about accommodation.

Date Posted: Dec/20/2017 at 5:24pm
Couple more likely appearances at the show:

78 Concord AMX:

Ex-US Marines AM General:

Need to track down a Spirit AMX for the show so we can have one of each generation. I'm pretty sure there is one or two floating around in Australia.

Date Posted: Dec/21/2017 at 10:56pm
Yep just a couple of the cool cars coming Smile

If there is any year to bring your AMC along then 2018 is the one with what sounds like going to be such a large line-up of AMC's of most types. My Hornet wont be finished but I am taking it down as rolling shell just to be a part of it and so i can say I had my car at one of the biggest, if not the biggest, AMC line-ups ever in Australia Tongue

Hope everyone has a great Xmas and new year and see you on the other side

Jason Smile 

Date Posted: Jan/08/2018 at 8:44pm
Only 66 days to go, coming around fast now, staying at the Clifton.

Date Posted: Jan/09/2018 at 9:34pm
Nearly ready to leave the bodyshop .......... sights set for Albury in March !!

-------------
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin

Date Posted: Jan/12/2018 at 3:07am
That SC/360 is AMC porn at its finest Smile

Hope everyone had a great xmas and new year. Not much to report at this stage. Only a couple of things I heard. The AM General Hummer may only be there on the Sunday. And we may have a Javelin under restoration on a rotisserie! I have never seen a car displayed at a car show on a rotisserie so should be a novel way of showing a Javelin on its side or upside down or whatever. Only a rumour at this stage but would be great

Keep spreading the news on your facebook sites, emails, club newsletters, chatting with other owners etc and if possible get your pre entry in as soon as you are able. Not 100% necessary but this helps me from my end a lot

8 Javelin/AMX's have officially pre-entered so far. Approx 20 AMX/Javelin's have indicated they are coming, plus about 40 other AMC's so here's hoping

Not long to go Smile

On a sad note Gordon Pendlebury's wife Lynne passed away recently. Gordon is a great AMC ambassodorre  and brought down the 1902 Rambler and the Madame Lash hearse and is a top bloke and it is sad to hear his other 3/4's recently passed. Our thoughts are with you and take care mate and hopefully talk soon

Date Posted: Jan/22/2018 at 10:53pm
Thanks Jason for the updates on the event.

Emailed my entry form away today ............

-------------
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin

Date Posted: Jan/23/2018 at 6:39pm
A lot of people are looking forward to saying they have seen and stood next to a genuine SC/360 in Australia Smile

I think that makes 11 Javelin/AMX's, 3 Hornets, 1 Matador X, 1 Ambassodor officially pre-entered so far which is an amazing tally 2 months out. Knowing the cars and owners that have said they are coming we are still on track for over 50. Even the Chrysler guys were saying there is near 300 pre-entries so far which is about 100 more then normally this time of year as most of the 700plus entries arrive in last few weeks 

Dont forget if you enter before march 5 it is a little cheaper. Post entries are certainly still accepted after this. And on site entries are accepted literally right up until about 11.30 on the sunday of the show. If you rock up from Melbourne or wherever, on a spur of the moment dont want to miss out on what might be a once in a lifetime AMC gathering trip,after 11.30am sunday just let gate guys know to contact me and we will get you in as a later booking

The show. The people. The cars. The saturday and sunday night cruising. The whole weekend atmosphere

I cant wait Smile

Date Posted: Jan/23/2018 at 9:47pm
Looking forward to it.

Date Posted: Feb/01/2018 at 4:16pm
We have some visitors from afar coming as well this year who will be great to chat to in person. 

Western Red is flying over from WA. Western Red many of you know well from this forum and has a wealth of knowledge especially about Javelins etc. 

I think I heard Bob Tiedke is coming over again this year which is great as i didnt get to talk to him much last year. Bob is the president of the WA AMC club. 

Doug and Faye from NZ have been rumoured to be coming over for a visit (just awaiting confirmation). Doug owns 2 of our Australian AMX's one of which is most famously referred to as the Mad Max AMX. Unfortunately Doug is unable to bring the Mad Max AMX over this year but it will still be great to chat again with him and Faye as he has had an association with the AMX's and Javelins for a long time.

Wayne Williams who runs the Australian Hornet registry is also paying us a visit. Wayne's work on finding the remaining Australian Hornets and the information they have been providing in relation to production numbers and changes is amazing. There is an article on Wayne and his cars in the latest edition of Retro Auto's on-line magazine out soon which you will be able to access through the Shannons website. If you have a Hornet Wayne would love to see it and photo and document it whether Australian or import. Also Wayne will be able to help with any advice on what was originally on your Hornet or not etc  

Just a side note while I do my best to report what cars and visitors are coming, ultimately it is out of my control the final number of cars/visitors who attend. I literally have had over 60 people indicate they are coming with their cars but I talked to 3 owners recently and one his wife is in hospital with cancer sadly with no signs of recovery, one himself has cancer, not too serious yet, and another has an ailment that is also threatening stopping him permanently in his tracks. I wish all these people well and our thoughts are, and will be with you at the show. I guess what I am feeling is make the most of the time we all have because one day we are going to wake up and our world will be upside down. I wish my Hornet was going so i could go for a drive! Tongue (it will be at the show as a undercoated rolling shell)

Take care of yourselves everyone so we can all get together and celebrate the good things in life each year (ie AMC's and our freindships) and also preserve the knowledge and the cars and the lifestyle we so love

Date Posted: Feb/01/2018 at 4:45pm
Health issues are certainly a worry for a lot of us as we get older.

I'm still holding out for a lotto win so that I can bring a car over, but will certainly be there in person, maybe I should start a go-fund-me campaign to ship a car over Wink

For anybody else from interstate, the F1's, V8's and GT's will be at Albert Park the following weekend and I am hanging around for that, just have to find something to entertain myself with during the week.

Date Posted: Feb/01/2018 at 8:28pm
Yes, sadly I have seen too many work colleagues fall off the perch at younger ages than myself. The strong message is don't put things off for too long if they are on your bucket list. Nothing beats good health.

I am coming solo to CotM, so Jason if you need a ride for the cruise events, there is a spare seat in the front of my Hornet mate.

Cheers
Craig.

-------------
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin

Date Posted: Feb/02/2018 at 1:22am
Officially pre-entered as of a week ago

4 Hornets
7 Javelins
4 AMX's
1 Matador X
2 Ambassodorres

With plenty more to go! Wink I think this is the most pre-entered AMC's yet before the show. And there is still 6 weeks to go! Awesome Smile

Keep the pre-entries rolling in as it helps me a LOT from this end Smile 

Date Posted: Feb/04/2018 at 9:22pm
Remind me to give you some photo hosting training while I'm there.

Date Posted: Feb/05/2018 at 3:56pm
ha yeah for sure. That would be great Smile

Date Posted: Feb/05/2018 at 10:00pm
I was talking to Steve Fripp the other day and he is gearing up for the show and sorting through what parts to bring down. As you may be aware Steve has the remaining New, NOS, 2nd hand and recoed AMC/Rambler stock from the old Mascot Motors that resided in the Sydney area serving the Australian, and beyond, AMC community for many years. If you ring Steve he may be able to locate the part you are after and bring it down for you to the show saving you postage which is perfect especially on the larger items. His number is 0477090874 which co-incidentally is the number on the bottom of the 5th annual AMC/Rambler show poster. I am looking forward to see what amazing NOS surprises he brings down this year Smile

You will be surprised at what he has. NOS windows, panels, stainless plus much much more for most models. Many items i have never even seen advertised in the US and here they are in our backyard Smile. Give him a try no matter what you are after big or small

Date Posted: Feb/08/2018 at 1:23am
All going well we should have some exclusive commemorative dash plaques for all AMC's that are at the show as a memento of what may well be the biggest AMC show there has been in Australia

Also there is a couple of owners who are in the process of organising an AMC dinner on the saturday night possibly at the local SS&A club which has ample parking and a relaxed atmosphere for everyone to get together for a chat. I will put up an update as soon as I know more.

At this stage we have 35 cars officially booked in, or have said definately coming, with another 9 I have talked to that are a maybe depending on car and personal health outcomes, and 3 have said no and I still have another 25 to contact over next week or so that had mentioned over the last year that they were going to attend

On top of this I have heard of a couple of other cars that are not on my list

Breakdown of the 35
15 Javelin/AMX's
6 Hornets
3 Matador X coupes
2 Matador sedans
2 Ambassodorre
1 Nash
1 Rebel
1 AM General Hummer
1 Classic
1 owner spoilt for choice with some amazing cars but could be Concorde AMX or a Javelin
1 Jeep

Plus 
9 maybe's (3 Hornets, 2 American, 1 AMX, 1 Matador X, 1 Pacer X, 1 Classic Ute
3 NO's (3 Horrnets)
25 I still have to chase up that have previously said they were coming (5 Javelins, 4 Hornets, 5Classics, 3 Jeeps, 2 Americans, 1 Ambassador, 1 Rebel, 1 Nash, 1 Hudson Hornet, 1 Matador, 1 AMX

Plus Allan Briggs has been doing an awesome job chasing up some Javelin and AMX's that havnt been seen for awhile so hopefully the owners get them out for a run and or finish them and are able to enjoy a relaxing weekend away here in Albury/Wodonga. 
 SmileTongueSmileTongueSmileTongueSmileTongueSmileTongue

Sadly no Gremlins, Marlins, Spirits, 50's or early 60's AM cars, or AMC Eagles on the radar at all. I was trying to get the yellow Gremlin (Gizmoe) down again but it wasnt running the last time I talked to the owner. If anyone knows of any of these types of cars please encourage the owners to bring them no matter what condition they are in. Some more Nash's and Hudsons would be great too but owners seem hesitant to be involved for some reason?

Date Posted: Feb/10/2018 at 2:37am
There is a facebook site run by the local Chrysler club that organises Chryslers on the Murray. It will have general updates for the show as we go along

I just got them to put up the AMC poster and some info. Have a look and put a comment or like and share it onto other AMC owners if you get a chance  Smile

https://www.facebook.com/pg/chryslersonthemurrayofficial/posts/

Date Posted: Feb/10/2018 at 4:11pm
2018 5th Australian annual AMC/Rambler show itinerary

Below is a basic itinerary of the weekend. You can choose to do all of the below or none of the below and just relax or cruise around and explore the local area at your leisure and then all congregate at the show on the Sunday. 

Friday 16th March
9am Scrutineering at driving event at Logic Centre racetrack (I am not sure if any AMC's are entered yet. I think John Carson with his AMX track weapon may be?)
10am Lap Sprints begin
1pm Go to Whoa
6pm-8pm-ish Early check-in at the show venue (food and drinks available) This is a show within itself with about 300 cars coming and going for 2 to 3 hours)
There is plenty of street cruising after this but the main cruising night is the saturday night

Saturday 17th March
8am gates open for our AMC's
9am Judging begins and goes until 1pm
1pm Check in on the Saturday closes but ask for me if you rock up later
2pm Lots of cars leave for a cruise to the old Ettamogah pub with a photo shoot of the Spotlight Chryslers AND a Javelin/AMX photo shoot on the grass oval behind pub for those that want to. We will also photo them all together (javelin/AMX's and all other AMC's) on the Sunday lined in a row up but them oval shots are done really well so will pay to be out there if you want your Javelin/AMX included in their own special 50th anniversary photo
4pm Supercruise for those that want to take in the local area ie Hume dam etc which ends at the SS&A club
??pm An AMC dinner is being organised by a couple of AMC car owners to be held possibly at the SS&A club. More details as they come to hand but would be a great relaxed atmosphere to hang around and have a chat
Dusk til late- main street cruising. The Wodonga Place street is lined with spectators (very family freindly atmosphere) and the streets full of cars of all persuasions so lets show them what we have got  AMC in American Graffiti style

We have visitors from WA, NZ etc that will be without cars who would love to cruise around in your AMC if you have some spare seats Smile You might be able to work out pick up points during the saturday or they could just hail you down at the Wodonga place traffic lights and jump in for a lap or two then onto the next AMC for some more laps in true American Graffiti style TongueSmile

Sunday 18th March
7.30am Gates open to bring your cars in for what looks like will be the largest ever gathering of Javelin/AMX's AND AMC's overall EVER in Australia Tongue
11am Check in closes but please get the gate keepers to contact me if you are later then this
2pm Trophy presentation
5pm gates locked and show over for another year Cry

Lots of people hang around until the monday. Which is a great idea to just sit and relax and let the whole weekend sink in as an awesome enduring memory 

I will update above if any info comes to hand but that is the basic layout. Any questions please ask. And feel free to post this info on other sites, emails etc

Date Posted: Feb/13/2018 at 3:07pm
Hi everyone. Just some fun info 

I cant wait to rummage through Steve's NOS AMC parts again but he is also bringing a big collection of AMC toys and models for sale too. This stuff will sell like hotcakes 

Also Steve Fripp from Rambler Spares is providing special commemorative dash plaques for ALL AMC vehicles that roll through the gate on the weekend. This will be a lasting souvenir to remember the 50th anniversary javelin/AMX get together that is shaping to be the largest AMC gathering ever in Australia. Rambler Spares will also be providing a handful of trophies that all AMC's will be in the running for whether they entered for a trophy or not. If you tick the judging box on the entry form then you are in the running for "Best AMC/Rambler' at the show and second and third. But all AMC's will be in the running for #Best 50th anniversary Javelin/AMX, #Best original AMC, #Best Modified AMC, Longest distance award, #Crowd fave/peoples choice. 

Steve can be contacted on 0477090874. Steve has been near run off his feet finding parts for owners trying to get their cars ready for the show. If you need anything no matter how big or small it is worth asking because if he doesnt have it he may know where to find it. Please remember Steve does have a day job so be patient if he is unable to ring you back the same day. Also Steve can bring down any parts you wish to purchase or even just to inspect before you buy.

And for those thinking of bringing kids
FREE entry for under 16
FREE kids rides
FREE face painting
BOTH DAYS, ALL DAY, FREE

Which is great for keeping the kids amused if you bring them

Posted By: Mrs Javelin
Date Posted: Feb/14/2018 at 12:55am
Thanks Jason, you have been doing an amazing job and it's great to see others like the Fripp Brothers and Allan Briggs helping out just to name a few. I haven't spoken to Garry yet as I'm sure he's got lots going on just planning the trip down from Qld so I am putting my hand up to be the contact for the AMC Dinner. So... I already have a few takers but need a fair idea of numbers before I make a booking. Either respond here or email me at diannewilson@optusnet.com.au if you would like to join us on the Saturday night :-) or call me on 0434370045.  

Date Posted: Feb/15/2018 at 1:17pm
TongueSATURDAY NIGHT AMC DINNER 
MARCH 17th in Albury Tongue

Hi guys, just wanted to let you all know that we will be holding an AMC DINNER on the Saturday Night of Chryslers on the Murray. At the moment I am looking for an indication on numbers so I can make sure we have a big enough room so if you are going up for the weekend you have to eat somewhere so why not with us... Respond here, call me on 0434370045 or email diannewilson@optusnet.com.au

Smile Yeh!!! As of this morning (Fri 16/2) we have 22 for the Dinner and there is still a few weeks to go so please spread the word to anyone you know who is coming...the more the merrierSmileSmileSmile

Date Posted: Feb/17/2018 at 1:26am
The dinner will be a great time for all to catch up. Great stuff Smile

The limited commemorative dash plaques have been ordered and will look great. These will be handed out as you drive your car in over the course of the weekend. These are being supplied by Steve Fripp from Rambler Spares and are being produced by a trophy mob here in Albury. Steve has also put up 5 other trophies just for us AMC's. #Longest distance, #Best original, #Best modified, #Crowd favourite/Peoples choice, and #Best 50th anniversary Javelin/AMX

Along with the plaque you will be handed a little info sheet for the weekend as you drive in. This will have the itinerary on it. Some contact numbers. ie my number and some visitors numbers who would like some lifts around town and a seat for the cruise nights. And any other info I think people would like to know to help them along for the weekend away here in Albury/Wodonga including a specific Javelin/AMX photo shoot out at Ettamogah on the saturday they are doing for us. 

Because not all Javelin/AMX's are roadworthy and or wont be here on the saturday an item that will be added to the itinerary for the the sunday will be a "bonnets down" photo shoot for the Javelin/AMX's. We are going to have one full row of about 22 Javelin/AMX's which truly will be a sight to behold and will look great all in a row with the bonnets down for about half hour for everyone to get some top photo shots of what will be a once in a lifetime opportunity. The time for this will be on the info flyer we hand out but will probably be about 11am-ish at this stage. Just for half hour then everyone can put there bonnets back up.

4 weeks to go! SmileTongueSmileSmileTongueSmile

Date Posted: Feb/19/2018 at 5:39am
With 4 weeks to go we have 24 officially pre-entered and 14 said they are definatley coming but haven't put their form in yet which makes 38 cars so far 4 weeks out Tongue. There is another 19 maybe's depending on health, work and car issues. I have had 5 no's. And I still have about 12 to chase up that i haven't heard from yet 

The 38 which are going to look amazing all lined up together are;
18 Javelin/AMX's
6 Hornets
3 Matador X coupe's
2 Ambassodorre's
2 Matador Sedans
2 Classic's
1 Rebel
1 Jeep
1 AM General Humvee/Hummer
1 NASH
1 American

The 19 maybe's are-  6 Hornet's, 6 Javelin/AMX's, 3 American's,1 Matador X, 1 Classic Ute, 1 Pacer X, 1 Classic

The 5 No's - 3 Hornet's, 1 Ambassodorre, 1 Javelin

Plus i have heard of a handful of cars that may be coming that aren't on my radar Smile

Date Posted: Feb/23/2018 at 3:51pm
I wont put a full update until there is 2 weeks to go but we have beaten this shows record just in pre-entries today. Pre-entries now at 29 with 15 definates that just havnt sent form in yet making 44 coming so far with 3 weeks to go!! Tongue plus a heap of maybe's and rumours. Well on track for 60 cars! Tongue

Date Posted: Feb/26/2018 at 2:17pm
GREAT NEWS!!!
We have booked a room at the SS&A Club, 570-582 Olive Street Albury for the 1st National AMC Dinner on Saturday March 17th at 6pm. As of today, Feb 27, we have 35 people booked in and will hopefully get a few more as we get closer. Yeh! It's going to be amazing...

Date Posted: Mar/03/2018 at 3:02pm

Smile 2 Weeks to go Tongue

Date Posted: Mar/03/2018 at 3:26pm
Still with 2 weeks to go we have 32 AMC/Ramblers officially pre-entered and 18 definite but just haven't sent their form in yet making 50 cars coming so far. Literally just 1 short of the Australian record for the number of AMC's ever displayed in the one spot in Australia. But there is still 2 weeks to go so anything can happen Smile

There is about 12 maybe's on top of this 50 and there is still some owners I haven't been able to contact or heard from. There has also been some good rumours regarding cars that aren't even on my radar. This truly will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to show your AMC/Rambler (which can be in any condition,ie we have 3 unfinished rolling shells and a broken one on a trailer coming) and have a great weekend in such a nice part of the country surrounded by a whole lot of other AMC's and their owners.

Breakdown of the 50 AMC's that will be all lined up on the 18th March Tongue
15 Javelin's
5 AMX's
7 Hornets
3 Matador X coupes
3 Matador's
3 Classic
3 American convertibles
3 Jeep
2 Ambassodorre
2 American sedans
1 Nash
1 Rebel
1 AM General Hummer
1 Concorde

I will only post itinerary updates from now on and wont put any more car updates on now as I will leave it as a surprise what cars book in over the next 2 weeks but the above 50 are fully booked or have said will be there. 50 plus AMC's in the one spot!!! I want to be there for that. They are going to look amazing all lined up together Tongue

Sadly still no Gremlins, Marlins, Spirits, 50's or early 60's AM cars, or AMC Eagles on the radar at all. And no AMC/Rambler wagons anywhere in sight! Where have all the AMC/Rambler wagons gone? Smile  Some more Nash's and Hudsons would be great too. Maybe as one last effort to attract some of them rare cars just mentioned plus some more Javelin/AMX's and other AMC's maybe everyone could do just one facebook post or group email or club mention, phone call, group text, door knock etc even if you already have done so in the past just to boost the message and as a friendly reminder for those that it may have slipped past that it is now only 2 weeks away. That would be great Tongue

I will update itinerary here in next day or so plus other show updates such as there is an AMX to cheer on at the track day on Friday etc. Watch this space Tongue

Posted By: Amx nz
Date Posted: Mar/04/2018 at 10:09am
Save me a poster if there is any leftovers , see everyone in a few weeks

Doug

Home of the MAD MAX

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Mar/07/2018 at 12:27am
Commemorative dash plaques are in the building:

Date Posted: Mar/07/2018 at 5:43pm

2018 5th Australian annual AMC/Rambler show itinerary and information

Below is a basic itinerary and information about what is looking to be one of the best AMC weekends away ever. Many even make a week holiday of it with cars starting to rock up on the Tuesday arvo and many don’t leave until the Tuesday morning with plenty coming and going in between. Some owners really make a great holiday of it away with their cars, partners, mates and kids. You can choose to do all of the below or none of the below and just relax or cruise around and explore the local area at your leisure and then all congregate at the show on the Sunday Tongue 

Friday 16th March

9am Scrutineering at driving event at Logic Centre racetrack Barnawartha about 10 minutes south of Wodonga. One AMX is entered to do some laps in anger

10am Lap Sprints begin- hear the AMX roar!!

1pm Go to Whoa

6pm-8pm-ish Early check-in at the show venue at Gateway Lakes (food and drinks available) This is a show within itself with about 300 cars coming and going and a great time to have a first catch up and meet and greet

There is plenty of street cruising after this but the main cruising night is the saturday night

Saturday 17th March

8am gates open for our AMC's

9am Judging begins and goes until 1pm

1pm Check in on the Saturday closes but ask for me if you rock up later

2pm Lots of cars leave for a cruise to the old Ettamogah pub for lunch with a photo shoot of the Spotlight Chryslers AND a pre-lim Javelin/AMX photo shoot on the grass oval behind pub for those that want to. There will be a main photo shoot at 11am on the Sunday at the gateway lakes main show venue where ALL the Javelin/AMX's ALL lined up will be up for some once in a lifetime photo's so dont worry if you miss the Ettamogah photo shoot.

4pm Supercruise around the local area for those that want to take in the local area ie Hume dam etc which ends at the SS&A club

6pm Special AMC owners dinner at the SS&A club. Plenty of parking at this venue. Dianne Wilson is organising this and you can reach her on 0434370045 or email diannewilson@optusnet.com.au

I think near 40 AMC owners and their partners are already booked in for this. Will be great to relax and have a chat with many other AMC owners  

For those after a bit more fun after the dinner there is some great family orientated cruising from dusk til late. Wodonga Place is a street is lined with spectators (very family freindly atmosphere) and the streets full of cars of all persuasions so lets show them what we have got AMC in American Graffiti style under lights. No drag racing. Only becuase we already know we would win Tongue

We have visitors from WA, NZ etc that will be without cars who would love to cruise around in your AMC if you have some spare seats. You might be able to work out pick up points during the saturday or they could just hail you down at the Wodonga place traffic lights and jump in for a lap or two then onto the next AMC for some more laps in true American Graffiti style

Sunday 18th March

7.30am Gates open to bring your cars in for what will be the largest ever gathering of Javelin/AMX's EVER in Australia. We are looking like we will have the most AMC’s all up EVER in Australia too with 51 booked in so far which is on par with the record. Plus there is many that on top of this are still thinking about it

11am Check in closes but please get the gate keepers to contact me if you are later then this. Remember while pre-entry isn’t mandatory it just helps me A LOT from this end. You can just rock up and enter your car on the spur of the moment anytime within the given times over the weekend

2pm Trophy presentation which includes 8 trophies provided by the Australian AMC/Rambler club and Rambler Spares (Steve Fripp)

5pm gates locked and show over for another year Cry

Lots of people hang around until at least the Monday. Which is a great idea to just sit and relax and let the whole weekend sink in as an awesome enduring memory.

Also Steve Fripp from Rambler Spares is providing the special commemorative dash plaques for ALL AMC vehicles that roll through the gate on the weekend (photo above). This will be a lasting souvenir to remember your time at what is looking like the largest ever AMC gathering. Rambler Spares will also be providing 5 of the trophies that all AMC's will be in the running for whether they entered for a trophy or not. If you tick the judging box on the entry form then you are in the running for "Best AMC/Rambler' at the show and second and third. But all AMC's will be in the running for #Best 50th anniversary Javelin/AMX, #Best original AMC, #Best Modified AMC, Longest distance award, #Crowd fave/peoples choice. These will be presented at the main trophy ceremony on the Sunday at 2pm

Steve can be contacted on 0477090874 in reagrds to any parts you may need or want him to bring down. Steve has been near run off his feet finding parts for owners trying to get their cars ready for the show. If you need anything no matter how big or small it is worth asking because if he doesnt have it he may know where to find it. Please remember Steve does have a day job so be patient if he is unable to ring you back the same day. Also Steve can bring down any parts you wish to purchase or even just to inspect before you buy.

And for those thinking of bringing kids

FREE entry for under 16

FREE kids rides

FREE face painting

BOTH DAYS, ALL DAY, FREE

Which is great for keeping the kids amused if you bring them

#Over 550 cars are already pre-entered (still with a week and a half to go) all up for the show with an estimated 800 cars going to be in attendance!!! Cementing itself as the largest Chrysler show outside of North America

#Upon entry in your vehicle over the weekend you will receive an info sheet from me (itinery, dinner details etc) plus your commemorative dash plaque.

#We have 51 AMC’s booked in and at least another dozen maybe’s. On top of these there are a few others that really arnt sure due to distance, even from Melbourne. I reckon nothing better then cruising up the highway in an old car, radio blaring and all windows open. Plus these cars were made for travel and touring and not just shopping trips. Have a weekend away and enjoy your car, enjoy being with other AMC owners and above all you will enjoy yourself and your relaxing and/or adventure away. Its not just a “park your car in a paddock” car show. The whole weekend, and experience, is a whole lot more then that J

If you have any old AMC newsletters or magazines you no longer want or read etc bring them up to leave on the tables for people to read and even take with them to enjoy. There are many new to AMC owners coming and they would love some of these to read and’or take home

There is a Chrysler Show facebook site- 

https://www.facebook.com/pg/chryslersonthemurrayofficial/posts/

We had a big walk around last night at the venue and after some chit chat we have secured a whole block of land for ourselves on the other side of the main entrance road from where were. ALL OURS! J. This is great on so many fronts. This year especially as we can literally line the Javelin/AMX’s ALONG the road as people walk in! The main tent has been entered into the main food court but we will still have our own tent but will be a bit smaller however it is JUST for us AMC owners and Steve Fripps NOS parts display stand. There is plenty of room for 60 AMC’s and there is also some shade trees. If anyone is bringing a gazebo I will ask that we line them up as a follow on from the AMC tent and away from the cars. Purely to keep things clear and to enhance the photo opportunities for everyone this year especially

Any questions please ask here and please spread any of the above info far and wide and/or direct them to this forum to read updates as they come to hand over the next week and a half

Cant Wait!!!

And

Wow, how good is this going to look! The Javelin/AMX full “bonnets down” photo session from 11am to midday on the Sunday for people and journalists alike to get some once in a lifetime photo’s of a full row of around 22 Javelin/AMX’s all lined up. The most EVER seen together in Australia. That’s one sight anyone won’t want to miss.

I think thats about all

And I have trouble getting around to talk to everyone when there was 20 to 30 cars so with 60 cars maybe a little difficult but i do want to get around and have a chat with you all. Maybe people will need to make appointments with me like a doctor LOL

"So, tell me when did you first realise you had an AMC problem?......" LOL

Great fun

See you soon,jase Tongue 

Date Posted: Mar/11/2018 at 3:56am
Smile 1 WEEK TO GO! Smile

And looking at 7 day forecast. PERFECT! Tongue

Date Posted: Mar/12/2018 at 3:52am
Colin Main kindly sent up a heap of old Australian/AMC Rambler club newsletters for us all to read. I will leave these on the tables in the AMC tent for all. Feel free to take any of them home at the end of the weekend too. Thanks mate Smile

While we have over 50 cars coming and it is going to be a great AMC weekend there is still no Pacers, Gremlins, Marlins, Spirits, 50's or early 60's AM cars, or AMC Eagles, Hudson's, NASH's or ANY AMC wagons on the radar at all and it would be great to represent most, if not all, of the AMC models at what is shaping up to be such an big weekend for the marque. If you know somebody with one of these AMC's it would be great if you could encourage them to bring it (drive, trailer etc) so they and the car can be a part of this great weekend. Plus anymore of any AMC would be great. The more the merrier. I would hate to hear someone say they wished they brought their car this year during or after the weekend

There is near 600 cars booked in already (Chryslers, AMC's, Hillmans, some early Chrysler/Mitsubishi's plus many other Chrysler related vehicles) with the outlook for over 800!

See you all soon Smile

Date Posted: Mar/14/2018 at 12:33am
Wow. I can confirm we have the ex Gas Monkey Gremlin X attending on the sunday Smile plus there is possibly another surprise or two but i cant confirm yet

See you all soon

Please I dont want to hear anyone mutter "I wish i had of gone to the show" or "I wish i had of brought my car along". Avoid your OWN disappointment and come and enjoy what will be an awesome weekend, holiday or whatever you make of it with your AMC and many other AMC owners

I dont know if I can hold on for another 3 days Tongue

And i saw the first of the Chrysler's in town today. A new Dodge Challenger. Shiny red one from South Australia and a couple of Aussie Chargers Smile

Date Posted: Mar/14/2018 at 2:02am
Jss, the weekend is going to be massive !!!
I will be watching all social media to pick up on the vibe and see everything beautiful on 4 wheels.

The Queensland crew will be itching to hit the road about now.

sadly, it wasn't meant to be for me this year.

-------------
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin

Date Posted: Mar/14/2018 at 3:05am
I'll be checking out that Gremlin in detail. I do wish I could bring a car (LOL) but will have to make do with a plane ride over for the show.

Date Posted: Mar/14/2018 at 3:27pm
Hi Craig. Yeah i heard a rumour the SC/360 was having some issues but I refused to believe it. You were probably the same and refused to believe it too. You should still fly down for a look? We will then at least be able to smell the SC/360 on you Tongue

Looking forward to having you over from WA again Darren. Oh that and I need you as one of my parking maids Smile 

Not many more updates today. I will be down at venue much of today and tomorrow setting up

See you all soon Smile

Date Posted: Mar/14/2018 at 4:46pm
Michael Brown who owns the awesome Hornet that frequents the SummerNats is bringing down his equally awesome Javelin. From the photo's I have seen of it in magazines it is one real smooth car. cant wait Smile

Date Posted: Mar/14/2018 at 8:34pm
If you are here tomorrow (Friday) don't forget John Carson will be doing some laps in anger in his AMX track car out at the Barnawartha Logic centre racetrack. The track is about 15km south of Wodonga. If you put Barnawartha Logic centre or Barnawartha BP that is where it is. They do the timed lap sprints in the first half of the day

Date Posted: Mar/18/2018 at 5:36am
What an amazing weekend Tongue We didn't quite crack the 51 record for AMC's but we did get somewhere between 45 to 49 or so. I just need to go back through what was around over the weekend, The Javelin/AMX's easily broke the Australian record with 20 or 21 I think it was. Wait until you see the photo's of all these all lined up on the Sunday. Wow! 

Photo's will start popping up here I hope as I didnt take too many

The show as a whole had 855 entrants beating last years by over 100 cars. 

Awesome variety of AMC's and Chryslers

AMC's and enthusiasts from all over Australia (VIC, NSW, QLD, STH OZ, Western Australia and New Zealand) really made it such a great weekend. 

More photo's and stories coming soon. I am just about to hop into bed and get my first decent nights sleep for the last few days.

Jase Smile

Date Posted: Mar/18/2018 at 6:48pm
Wow! And I don't just mean the photo. I have Western Red here all the way from Western Australia who just helped me put my first ever photo on all by myself Smile how good am I LOL

Plenty more photo's and captions to come Tongue

Date Posted: Mar/18/2018 at 9:43pm
Vested interest there, saves me a lot of work.

Absolutely awesome weekend with so many great cars and great people.

Date Posted: Mar/19/2018 at 3:57am
Ha ha yeah you will have more time to get your cars done to bring over to the show now that you don't have to upload all of my photo's all the time Smile 

It really has been much appreciated over the last 4 to 5 years all the photo's you were able to put onto this forum for me. Thanks mate

Another great photo of most of them all together from a top a ladder

Date Posted: Mar/19/2018 at 4:29pm
AMC's in the one spot in Australia! Smile

of them Javelin/AMX's!!!! Tongue

Unless i have missed a sneaky AMC that came and went we almost made the unofficial 51 record with 46 AMC's in the one spot. The most together in over a 1/4 of a century. How does that sound Tongue 

Something that sounds even better is 21 Javelin/AMX's all in the one spot!!! on the sunday. What a sight Tongue

2018 5th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show roll call;

15 Javelin's
5 AMX's
4 Hornet's
3 Jeep's
3 Classic's
3 American Convertibles
2 American sedans
2 Matador X's
2 Ambassodorre's
1 Concorde wagon
1 Concorde AMX
1 Rebel
1 Matador sedan
1 Matador hearse
1 AM General Humvee
1 Gremlin

Photo's and stories will be put up over the next couple of weeks. 

Feel free to add any photo's and information

Some MIA's that were coming but didnt make it for one reason or another- 1 Matador X, 5 Hornet's, 1 Nash Metropolitan, 4 Javelin's, 3 Classic's, 1 Rebel, 1 Matador sedan

Date Posted: Mar/20/2018 at 12:16am
Couple more photo's. Looking at row of Javelin/AMX's from the other side and from the rear. I will start putting up individual photo's of all the cars soon Tongue

Date Posted: Mar/20/2018 at 4:31pm
The next big AMC show is the Shannons American motoring show near Melbourne;

http://www.aomc.asn.au/shannons-american-motoring-show/

or email Colin Main (president of the Australian AMC/Rambler club) for more information at;

amorphan@optusnet.com.au

Posted By: AMCAMX390
Date Posted: Mar/21/2018 at 3:10am
On behalf of all AMC lovers a big thank you to Jason and the local AWCC for the effort put in in organizing the show that turned out to a ripper of a weekend. And a special mention to those that came a bloody long way with or without their cars, great to put faces to the mystery Facebook/Forum/email contacts. AMX Holden aka 'Allan'

Date Posted: Mar/21/2018 at 3:18pm
2018 5th Annual Australian AMC/Rambler show roll call

In no particular order. Although will put all the 8 trophy winners from car#38 to #46

Most photo's courtesy of Western Red

Car 1 of 46

Date Posted: Mar/21/2018 at 3:25pm
Car 2 of 46

Date Posted: Mar/21/2018 at 3:30pm

Car 3 of 46

Date Posted: Mar/21/2018 at 3:36pm
Car 4 of 46

Date Posted: Mar/21/2018 at 3:41pm
Car 5 of 46

Date Posted: Mar/21/2018 at 3:48pm
Car 6 of 46

Date Posted: Mar/21/2018 at 4:07pm
Car 7 of 46

Posted By: bbgjc
Date Posted: Mar/21/2018 at 4:41pm
Is that black 70 AMX powered by a Ford 302?  If so, I know where it came from .

Posted By: bbgjc
Date Posted: Mar/21/2018 at 4:42pm
Another thing I noticed, all the bonnets are down?  Is that an Aussie thing?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net