Print Page | Close Window

2017 AMC Nationals/NAMDRA/Cordova

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Lounge Area
Forum Name: Upcoming Shows and Events
Forum Description: AMC related shows, auctions or events go here. Announce club events here.
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=84818
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 4:36pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 2017 AMC Nationals/NAMDRA/Cordova
Posted By: AMC instigator
Subject: 2017 AMC Nationals/NAMDRA/Cordova
Date Posted: Jan/05/2017 at 10:03am

Removed

-------------
AMC RACES event coordinator
Former NAMDRA Vice President-
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Replies:
Date Posted: Jan/05/2017 at 10:04am
Removed

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Posted By: SC397
Date Posted: Jan/05/2017 at 1:06pm
I will go ahead and claim my fire pit spot in the parking lot now if that is OK..   

Posted By: typhoon
Date Posted: Jan/09/2017 at 3:42pm
All right! And HOT ROD DRAG Week BEGINS SUNDAY THE 11TH ! Starts and ends in Cordova this Year!

Date Posted: Jan/09/2017 at 3:53pm
Sounds like a good plan RickSmile SH

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Date Posted: Jan/09/2017 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by typhoon typhoon wrote:

All right! And HOT ROD DRAG Week BEGINS SUNDAY THE 11TH ! Starts and ends in Cordova this Year!

That should make it a great long weekend for some of the folks attending! SH

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Posted By: amx600rr
Date Posted: Jan/09/2017 at 7:50pm
I hope to have another marathon haul in my future.
I left Wednesday and arrived Thursday in time for my first NAMDRA meeting.  Stopping for food, fuel, and napping in rest stops.

Date Posted: Jan/14/2017 at 8:23am
 That sounds like a great plan, we will see you there! SH

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Posted By: steinercj5
Date Posted: Jan/19/2017 at 9:10pm
The Outcast and I will be there again. Had a great time and met a bunch of great folks...looking forward to it already.    Greg

Date Posted: Jan/30/2017 at 2:06pm
Sounds good,Greg!

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Posted By: amcglass
Date Posted: Jan/31/2017 at 10:08am
a lot of fun to be had

-------------
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin

Date Posted: Jan/31/2017 at 2:36pm
Removed

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Posted By: 70MarkDonohue
Date Posted: Feb/15/2017 at 7:06pm
If you made reservation at the Super 8 last year, you should call they updated their system took some time to confirm mine.

Posted By: tsanchez
Date Posted: Mar/02/2017 at 11:26am
Ill be there for drag week, hopefully make it in time to watch saturday

-------------
http://s192.photobucket.com/user/antonsan/media/jav1_zps87a70dce.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Mar/04/2017 at 1:57pm
That's sounds great, Tony- Hopefully you can make it in time for Saturday's activities. SH

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Date Posted: Mar/04/2017 at 2:32pm
Removed

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Date Posted: Mar/19/2017 at 6:52pm
Removed

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Posted By: mramc
Date Posted: Mar/20/2017 at 10:54am
Shannon Welcome to what use to be my world. LRDaum

-------------
LRDaum

Date Posted: Mar/22/2017 at 10:18pm
Smile

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Posted By: amcjock1
Date Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 8:34pm
Please send pre-entry forms with checks or money orders made out to NAMDRA. Mail to:
NAMDRA, PO Box 987, Twin Lakes, WI 53168.

This will make sure we get your pre-entry and simplify things. Do not send pre-entries to Shannon Halverson. Thanks!

-------------
Jock Jocewicz
NAMDRA President
namdra1@yahoo.com

Date Posted: Mar/25/2017 at 3:30pm
Removed

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Date Posted: Mar/26/2017 at 6:53pm
This message from Shannon Halverson is completely wrong. All pre-entries, membership renewals and sponsorships of the 39TH. AMC NATIONALS, etc. have to  have the check or money order made out to NAMDRA and mailed to NAMDRA at: NAMDRA, PO Box 987, Twin Lakes,  WI 53168.  If they are made out to Shannon or Bobbi Halverson they will not be honored by NAMDRA. Please cease and desist Shannon & Bobbi!!!

-------------
Jock Jocewicz
NAMDRA President
namdra1@yahoo.com

Posted By: chopit
Date Posted: Mar/26/2017 at 8:50pm
I will not be sending my registration money in until I am confident that NAMDRA is a solvent organization and the Nationals will happen.

This is not a slam on Jock he has done a great job for many years and I hope he continues but there is nothing wrong with someone else taking on some of the resposibility. A club is not a one man organization but the sum of its members. Let's hope for many more years but I have my doubts now.

Posted By: POWERSTROKER7.3
Date Posted: Mar/26/2017 at 11:21pm
I will be sending my registration, membership renewal and a club donation to  Shannon and Bobbie Halverson. I like you , chopit,  share my thanks for the many great years that Jock and his family has done for NAMDRA. I enjoy going to NAMDRA Nats every year, But I have concerns as many other members have expresssed the same at the past few years at the NAMDRA  Nationals member meetings of questions that are asked of the President of NAMDRA and we do not get sastifactory answers. They fall on deaf ears and which is why I feel NAMDRA needs change and to move forward while growing a membership that has confidence in the leadership. I'm a relitive young person 35yrs old and want to see the younger generation get involved in the car hobby, hopfully AMC, we need to get them involved and if they see what goes on at the meeting they could be discouraged about the club and abandon their desires to join the club. A club is only strong as their members and leaders working together to strive for excelence and a common goal. This unwiilingness to understand what the members of NAMDRA are asking is IMO unacceptible. The AMC commuinty is a strong one, we enjoy are clubs, cars  and friendships that we make all while enjoying our AMC vehicles. We are also a diverse people with different taste but as such get along much better that other vehicle manufactures clubs. We need to get the younger generation invloved in our cars, clubs and the fun times at all club National meets.  I would like to add one last thing, I am a small time boss at our realtivly small dairy farm, we milk 160cows 2X day, by having young people employed for me and taking them to AMC car shows and local ones we have added a 18yr old that now owns a 72' Javelin which he bought at Kenoshia 3 yrs ago, another 18yr old young man who owns a 1966 rambler classic that we saved from the salvage yard  and a 22yr old gal whom I sold my project 68' javelin to and we got it running and plan on taking it to Kenoshia and NAMDRA after we fix some floor pans.She was at the meeting for 2016 NAMDRA and was discuraged at how things were being handled. She has now renewed intrerest in the club with Shannon Halverson continuing on NAMDRA's legacy and values of its club membership. 

Date Posted: Mar/29/2017 at 6:15pm
The club is solvent and will remain so. What is happing is the Halverson's are trying to take over this club which has been going in a decent condition for many a year. I am asking the Halverson's to cease and desist so we can keep the club and its meets going. If they would change their attitude to help out the present officers, board members and members of the club, this would really help keeping the club going, not destroying it.

-------------
Jock Jocewicz
NAMDRA President
namdra1@yahoo.com

Date Posted: Mar/29/2017 at 11:49pm
I'm really sorry you see things that way Jock. I thought taking care of the membership renewals, dues, newsletter and the event is a help to you and your family, as we all know its hard for you and PJ to keep up with the tasks at this point. You and your family have done it a long time, many people are grateful for that. As Vice President it is my job to step in to keep things running smoothly. SH   

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Posted By: hurst390sc
Date Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 1:39am
I have to renew this year after a abscence. I'm confused.. I only see the club
growing even stronger if things are handled in a more timely matter. As said,
the growth and stability of a club is largley based on numbers and strength of
membership. I'm even going to make it this year to race!

-------------
70'amx 390 4 spd.

69'sc rambler 390 4spd.

Posted By: Hurst390
Date Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 8:36am
How in the world would anyone know the club is solvent without proper discloser?

-------------
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal

Date Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 4:43pm
Shannon says he thought taking care of the membership renewals, dues, newsletter and the event is to help Jock, P.J. and their family as it is hard for them to keep up with tasks at this point. Shannon, this is starting to feel like elder abuse and if it keeps up I am going to get a lawyer and get this to cease and decease!

-------------
Jock Jocewicz
NAMDRA President
namdra1@yahoo.com

Date Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 6:06pm
I  will not be attending this years meet unless major changes take place
I have been going since 2002.

Date Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 6:54pm
What major changes do you want chopit ?

-------------
Jock Jocewicz
NAMDRA President
namdra1@yahoo.com

Date Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 6:56pm
chopit, what major changes do you want?

-------------
Jock Jocewicz
NAMDRA President
namdra1@yahoo.com

Date Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 6:58pm

-------------
Jock Jocewicz
NAMDRA President
namdra1@yahoo.com

Posted By: purple72Gremlin
Date Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by amcjock1 amcjock1 wrote:

I think he is just the tip of the iceberg.................

Posted By: JEZZ
Date Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 7:34pm
It's very unfortunate it has come to this. A community of performance-minded AMC enthusiasts is a small group to begin with, but to see this dessention is disheartening, if not alarming. I suspect there will be a new club popping up soon, and I also suspect that within 2-3 years there will be no more NAMDRA. SAD...
Todd Jesme

-------------
Jezz
Theamcguy@gmail.com

Posted By: Ollie
Date Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 8:32pm
Two year member here. Attended 2015 & 2016 Club meeting. Just go for AMC Fun. I am not a racer.

During last year's open meeting, the question was asked..."Are we going to have a Club Treasurer Report?"...What is the state of our Club finances?" Very legitimate questions I thought !

I was shocked at the answer.

Lets hope the iceberg doesn't sink NAMDRA...........

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

-------------
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd

Date Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 9:11pm
Jock
As you can see by most of the post members want transparency.
It is evident things are not running smoothly. You said at the members meeting winners checks would go out the following Monday, that did not happen. You also stated members will get all their newsletters, that has not happened. I am not attackiing you, just showing you that one person can't do it all effectively.

Do not run this club like a dictator. Except help and keep the club moving in the right direction. We do not need personal attacks and threats of legal action against members. All the officers need to work together and put all of this behind us and move on.

Thanks and hope to see you in September

Posted By: BU1
Date Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 9:22pm

Never been a NAMDRA member, but this seems to have similarities to some certain other AMC clubs that went by the wayside.

Posted By: Hurst390
Date Posted: Mar/31/2017 at 7:42am
Forget it..

-------------
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal

Date Posted: Mar/31/2017 at 8:58pm
I had a 2 1/2hr talk with both Jock and PJ yesterday evening. I was informed that they had a board meeting,(I was not included, as I am not a member of the board). I do not know who is. The board has decided my time as Vice President has ended. Unless I choose to:
1.Post a letter of apology to Jock & PJ on FB.
2.Post a letter of apology to Jock & PJ on the AMC forum.
3.Stop posting on FB pictures and info about the club
4.Stop posting on the Forum info about the club.
5.Stop trying to raise money for the club (Jock & PJ will do that)
6.Stop people from talking to me about club things, as they are supposed to talk with Jock.
7.Stop having people send me things, as everything is supposed to go to them so that they can take care of it.

I think we have come to a point we are no longer able to agree on things and work together for a common goal. We obviously have a different view of the future of the club.

It pains me to say I can no longer be your Vice President. I apologize for the efforts I have made with the sole intention of keeping the club going & helping it succeed. I'm sorry that I was not able to meet the demands of the job. I will respectfully step down so that the club can continue on.

Any fundraising that has or continues to come to me will be returned to the sender beginning Monday.

Please contact Jock & PJ with your questions, send all your dues, new memberships, pre-entries, and donations to them.

I'm very sorry things weren't able to work out. I wish all your members the best of luck, I thank you for a chance to serve you. SH

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Date Posted: Mar/31/2017 at 10:02pm
Shannon, first of all thank you for stepping down as vice-president of NAMDRA. Secondly you are wrong about 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7, we never told you to do that! And your statement that says any fundraising that has come to you or will come to you will be returned to the sender just shows how you care about NAMDRA and our AMC NATIONALS. By doing that you are just hurting the NAMDRA members and the national meet they put on every year, 

-------------
Jock Jocewicz
NAMDRA President
namdra1@yahoo.com

Date Posted: Mar/31/2017 at 10:04pm
I guess my drag racing this year that was going to be here is now going to take place at the Kenosha homecoming and AMO if there's a track near by, so hint hint to anyone that can make this happen I have a car, cash and will travel as I am a ex member of NAMDRA

Date Posted: Mar/31/2017 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by chopit chopit wrote:

Do not run this club like a dictator. Except help and keep the club moving in the right direction. We do not need personal attacks and threats of legal action against members. All the officers need to work together and put all of this behind us and move on.

Id say right here.  but it isnt resolved;..never will be either.

Posted By: 70MarkDonohue
Date Posted: Mar/31/2017 at 10:25pm
WOW

Date Posted: Mar/31/2017 at 10:36pm
Jock, Shannon cares about this club more than you care to admit, second I don't believe you, and here's my reasons, we had a discussion on Facebook, I and my fellow members asked you how many members we have, are club financials, why wern't the winners of the 2016 NAMDRA Nat's not paid on time, the vendors paid late and no news letters, what answers did you produce? Nothing, just threatened Shannon Halverson with a lawsuit on elder abuse. To that you have no credit with the me or the members who participated in the discussion. Shannon Halverson had been nothing but completely honest with us. I believe him , as many do, and now sadly you removed a man and his family who are respected and had the dedication to take NAMDRA into the future. To that I saw congrats on making it clear that you have no desire to listen to what the members have to say, the ones who MAKE a club or organization exsist who send in money's for dues, who show up for shows and give donations.

Posted By: racerrick
Date Posted: Apr/01/2017 at 8:45am
The obituary will read:
Ego killed NAMDRA

Date Posted: Apr/01/2017 at 1:51pm
A copy of this letter will by emailed to Jock & PJ, and a certified snail mail copy will be sent to Jock & PJ also since sometimes email doesn't work on his end. SH

http://s486.photobucket.com/user/AMC_instigator/media/Scan%20of%20Vice%20President%20resignation%20letter-%203-31-17.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Date Posted: Apr/01/2017 at 2:02pm

Shannon, first of all thank you for stepping down as vice-president of NAMDRA. Secondly you are wrong about 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7, we never told you to do that! And your statement that says any fundraising that has come to you or will come to you will be returned to the sender just shows how you care about NAMDRA and our AMC NATIONALS. By doing that you are just hurting the NAMDRA members and the national meet they put on every year, 

It needs to be returned to them so they can decide if they want to send it to you. That is not my decision, it is theirs. SH

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Posted By: JKJavelin
Date Posted: Apr/01/2017 at 3:47pm
Sad to say I will not be renewing my membership with NAMDRA. Cordova used to be my favorite weekend of the year. There will be plenty of rooms opening up at the host hotels.
JK

-------------

Posted By: tufcj
Date Posted: Apr/01/2017 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by JKJavelin JKJavelin wrote:

Sad to say I will not be renewing my membership with NAMDRA. Cordova used to be my favorite weekend of the year. There will be plenty of rooms opening up at the host hotels.
JK

I just renewed in January. Unfortunately the weekend that Cordova is scheduled conflicts with my schedule, so I'm only able to attend every 3-4 years. Last time was in 2015.

I've seen this kind of conflict in multiple clubs over the years, and unfortunately it never ends well. I've been involved in many different automotive clubs in the past 40 years. I served as president of one club for nearly 10 years, and another for 5. Because of issues like this, I've denied every offer to serve on a board of any club for the last 10 years. I currently belong to 3 local clubs. I've seen a couple fold, I've seen others thrive. This is definitely the path to disaster. We'll have to see how this works out before I make my decision to renew next year.

Hope to see some of you in Kenosha.

Bob
tufcj

-------------
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford

Posted By: steinercj5
Date Posted: Apr/01/2017 at 6:13pm
Shannon, I just wanted to say thanks for all you have done and tried to do. I also appreciate the encouragement you gave me to attend last year even though I wasn't sure how me or the car would do- had a great time. I'm sorry things came to this and I believe most, if not all members, know you wanted the best for the club. As I've stated in another thread, I cannot be a member in a club that is run like this...    Greg

Posted By: luuuucky
Date Posted: Apr/01/2017 at 6:45pm
Shannon, Bobbi, & Stephan,

Keep up the good work......
I think everyone knows that this is a difficult task but it has to be done.
It is the general consensus here in Michigan with everyone  that you are doing the right things
in a most professional and tactful manner.
You have been given responsibilities but not the tools to get your job done.
This is often the issue when someone has done a job for a long time and has the mind set that they are the only one who can do it.
The fact is we are all replaceable and there comes a time when we all need to step aside  
and transition into different roles.

NAMDRA has been the badge of honor for Jock for a long time BUT NAMDRA is not Jock alone.

He may think that it is and with that mind set has run shot gun over a number of people and
groups through the years which has not helped the overall AMC hobby.
Now is the time for more capable and non opinionated individuals to take the reins and lead the AMC racers and drivers group to bigger and better things.

Best of luck and feel free to get a hold of myself or any of the other AMC'er here in Michigan if there is anything that we can help with.

Sincerely....... Jeff Bristow

Date Posted: Apr/01/2017 at 8:01pm

Secondly you are wrong about 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7, we never told you to do that! And your statement that says any fundraising that has come to you or will come to you will be returned to the sender just shows how you care about NAMDRA and our AMC NATIONALS. 
this is just telling me how vindictive Jock is.  Sure Jock never told Shannon to do anything.   Jock just wanted a puppet that doesnt think or act.   and Shannon is right to send the money back to the people that sent it to Shannon. its NOT NAMDRAS money. its their money to choose if they want to send it to Jock.  if not,,well....  I suspect alot of people will understand why.

Date Posted: Apr/01/2017 at 11:27pm

. By doing that you are just hurting the NAMDRA members and the national meet they put on every year, 

So In your own words you are telling us ( me, and every one else who were/are NAMDRA members)  that WE are putting on the show with OUR money, that without US, the Nat's will not go on. So I ask then, If NAMDRA wants to use OUR money, we want transparancy, we want the club OFFICERS and you to apologize to Shannon Halverson and his family for the mistreatment of them, at your expense, not from the club membership account.  Shannon and His family had OUR best interest, he was OUR voice, and you and the club officers cast him aside! How rude and disrespectful to someone who LIVES and BREATHES AMC, who is a honest person who does things for others not for money or any gain, but because he's a stand up guy. He was leading the club in the direction that we want the club to go in and the future success of the club. If you and the club Officers cannot understand the membership fustrations and the direction that we want the club to go foward with the club, then we as the members ask for you and the club officers to step aside so the club will be lead by people who have the same goals and ambitions of the club members. If this is not something that is acceptiable then you give the members no choice but to do what you told me on facebook [QUOTE then get out of it . We can survive without you. QUOTE]    We will take OUR memebrship dues, regestration fees and any donations to a orginazition that will support our values.  Now can a club survive without memebers, can a show /meet take place with no money?  Will people actualy show up?  Only time will tell. Thing is , NAMDRA WAS a great club, I first went in 2002 and have made great memories and have made many friends along the way. 

Date Posted: Apr/02/2017 at 7:47am
Haversons

Thank you for your attempt at saving a sinking ship. It seems the kangaroo court has spoken.
I would like to know who these "board members" are. As long as I have been a member there has never been an election by the members.

Anybody need a room for that weekend?

Posted By: fireball327
Date Posted: Apr/02/2017 at 8:40am
WOW !!!! To think I was actually thinking of joining this club ? This happens alot with clubs when the officers stop listening to the members ! They forget that it is the members dues donations and hard work that make a club and the officers ONLY JOB is to help manage the operations of the club. They need to listen to its members ideas and concerns to keep a club moving forward instead of dictating to the members what and how they are going to do things ! Being an outsider and reading what is going on Jock is absolutely wrong on how he is handling the issues. Maybe instead of Jock threatening the members and officers with suite, maybe the members need to take their club back and threaten Jock with suite for possible mismanagement of their club and their money ! JUST SAYING !

Posted By: AMXRWB
Date Posted: Apr/02/2017 at 3:13pm
Dropped out of that club years ago due to poor treatment.That is all I will say on the issue.It is a real shame.

Date Posted: Aug/07/2017 at 9:47pm
BTW, the NAMDRA AMC NATIONALS for this year have been cancelled. Sorry!!

-------------
Jock Jocewicz
NAMDRA President
namdra1@yahoo.com

Posted By: SC397
Date Posted: Aug/08/2017 at 6:32am

Did you inform the track that it was cancelled?

Posted By: amcglass
Date Posted: Aug/08/2017 at 5:29pm
thats too bad.   was a good time

-------------
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin

Date Posted: Aug/09/2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by SC397 SC397 wrote:

Did you inform the track that it was cancelled?

Yes the track knows. SH

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Date Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 9:48am
Hello Everyone, Please pass along the info the NAMDRA 2017 event, at Cordova is cancelled. Yes Jock did have a sign on his tent at Kenosha 2017 cancelling it. I know many folks are up to date on it, with the info being here on the Forum, as well as Facebook. I also know that some folks are technology challenged, so they only get it word of mouth, since there isn't a newsletter or a letter sent out to let them know. I felt a cancellation letter should have been sent out immediatly upon the decision being made to cancel, but I no longer have a say in it. If there is anyone in your acquaintance that you can think of, please give them a shout and pass it along. It would be much better they know before spending their vacation time and money. Thank You all for the help with this. SH

-------------
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net