Print Page | Close Window

2017 AMO Convention, Gettysburg Pa

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Lounge Area
Forum Name: Upcoming Shows and Events
Forum Description: AMC related shows, auctions or events go here. Announce club events here.
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=81234
Printed Date: Apr/23/2024 at 1:35pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 2017 AMO Convention, Gettysburg Pa
Posted By: scott
Subject: 2017 AMO Convention, Gettysburg Pa
Date Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 4:22pm
I got my AMO newsletter today, & saw that the 2017 convention will be held in Gettysburg Pa! Back in the early 90's there was a great regional show in Gettysburg, it was one of the best. Really looking forward to this!

June 21-24, 2017. Save the date. June in Pennsylvania is hard to beat!

Replies:
Posted By: LakesideRamblin
Date Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 5:15pm
Very beautiful (and historic) area!

-------------
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt

Posted By: amxdreamer
Date Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 11:30pm
Hopefully they have the Kenosha show the week before or the week after so out of town folks can make both shows!

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Posted By: CamJam
Date Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 11:50pm
Ugh… long drive. Was hoping for someplace more central.

-------------
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Date Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 11:57pm
Cam, I was hoping also but it takes a club to step up to host. It's still closer than South Carolina!

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Posted By: 71SC360
Date Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 4:53am
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

Hopefully they have the Kenosha show the week before or the week after so out of town folks can make both shows!

Tony, Kenosha is the following weekend. Looks like another busy 2 weeks for me....

Kenosha Homecoming Car Show
Tuesday July 25 through Saturday July 29, 2017
$10 - Car entry; $25 - Vendor space; Car show is free for general public
Join the Kenosha History Center at various locations throughout Kenosha and Racine for car shows, an ice cream social, a car parade, a night time car show in Downtown Kenosha and the big car show rounding out the 5 days of events on Saturday. More information will be available closer to the event.

Posted By: kirkwood
Date Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 6:05am
AMO is in June and Kenosha is in July sobtheybare a month apart next year.

-------------
AMO Newsletter Editor

Date Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 6:29am
Wow...June! I didn't see that.

Posted By: SirDigger
Date Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 7:14am
An I had hope when reading Joe´s post... 5 weeks inbetween,
no way that i get enought holiday for both events.

-------------
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360

Posted By: elliet
Date Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 7:29am
I sure wish everyone could work together and make these shows be a week apart so that people could attend both shows by only missing a week of work, no way I can attend both under this scenario.

Tom

-------------
Tom
1970 BBB Javelin 390
Always Looking

Date Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 8:42am
The last time they were a week apart many people were frustrated that they weren't able to attend both, so for this event we tried to add more separation to the events to allow people to attend both. It is of course difficult to find a scenario that word for everyone.

In 2014 I attend both events as did a few others, but there were not a lot of people who did both as it is a lot of travel and expense in a short amount of time to do that.

-------------
AMO Newsletter Editor

Date Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 8:50am
I understand it is impossible to make everyone happy, too bad Rockford couldn't have waited until next year and Kenosha be one weekend and then Rockford the following... Now that would have been a AMC week.

-------------
Tom
1970 BBB Javelin 390
Always Looking

Date Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 9:40am
I agree, and I think this is something we can star working toward. Kenosha has only recently began hosting this event on a regular schedule, and of AMO does plan their events several years in advance. I agree coordination of the events is something that should be considered, and will discuss this at the Board meeting in Rockford.

-------------
AMO Newsletter Editor

Date Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 10:07am
What would be great would be to find secure indoor storage at one location or the other, so that those of us from the left coast could fly home for the few weeks in between rather than tow another 4k miles.

Not sayin' that's something AMO should offer, just that it's something a few of us might consider.

-------------
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Date Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 11:16am

I assumed the reason people didn't attend SC was because it was so far south. I'm actually kind of bummed about the fact that they are so far apart :(

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Posted By: dkrtgood
Date Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 12:38pm
Would be so much better if they joint venture with kenosha on the years they hold the homecoming and just have one big event. I would guess most people now have to decide on which one to attend...and for me it will be Kenosha for sure.

-------------
Dave Goodwin
President of Tampa Bay AMC

70 Mark Donohue BBO 390 5-speed
77 Matador Coupe AKA "The Beave"
70 Javelin 360 / Auto - BBG

Posted By: hassyfoto
Date Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 6:52pm
Good evening,
As already mentioned by kirkwood, the Gettysburg event date was selected to keep from running two large events back to back. In many discussions, most folks simply stated attending two events on back to back weekends was not doable. June was selected as an alternative to many comments that stretching the dates further apart would not satisfy everyone, but, would be the better option. 
The Potomac Ramblers is hosting the 2017 event and every consideration was carefully thought out, presented to a core-um and the best decisions were made accordingly. I hope that everyone will still support the club, event, AMO, and all the hard work that takes place to offer such an event at such a historic place. 
It will be fun event with an extensive amount of things to do in addition to the AMO event.
2017 AMO International Convention meeting manager 
Kirby

-------------
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

Date Posted: Jul/22/2016 at 3:55pm
Kirby,
Please understand I get it and I am not bashing you or anybody else decision on the matter but I would pretty much bet on the conversations held that those stating the two events held on back to back weekends were not doable were local to that area. (or within a few hundred miles)

Those of us traveling 1,000 miles (in many cases more than that) have a hard time doing two trips within a months time. I would have to assume the vendors would appreciate the back to back weekends as well but again that is simply my opinion.

I was born in Milwaukee, hopefully have relatives homes I can stay at so I'll be headed to Kenosha in 2017 and "wishing" I could attend both events but that simply is not feasible with funds, vacation time, etc... Just hoping a little more conversation on the matter may help future years is all.

I've stated my opinion and I am done venting! Thanks to all who help support AMC as a whole.

Tom

-------------
Tom
1970 BBB Javelin 390
Always Looking

Posted By: Scene One
Date Posted: Jul/27/2016 at 11:25am
I for one am looking forward to 2017 show. Hopefully I will have my car completed.

Posted By: macdude443
Date Posted: Jul/27/2016 at 3:39pm
That's a short drive for me!  I can't wait!

-------------
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon
1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Posted By: billd
Date Posted: Jul/27/2016 at 6:48pm
Definitely will not be driving to the east coast next year. That's too many hours and dollars away.like another thread said the coasts make it tougher and for me it's the same as east coast. Sorry. Will do Kenosha for sure.

-------------

http://theamcpages.com" rel="nofollow - http://theamcpages.com

http://antique-engines.com" rel="nofollow - http://antique-engines.com

Posted By: kcsamc
Date Posted: Aug/03/2016 at 9:59pm
It is time to talk positive about next year's convention.  As event chairman for the 1991, 1992, 1995 Gettysburg Regional and co-chair of the 1994 Nationals here in Denver, PA, I understand this area and having an event here about as well as anyone.

Potomac Ramblers and Delaware Valley will put on an event that will be unique, different, and very family oriented.  That's just how we roll here in the east when we go big.  It will be different than a Chicagoland event in that it's not the birthplace of our cars.  Instead it is the birthplace of our country, and for that reason, everyone should jump at the chance to come here and experience for themselves what has made this great country.  Pennsylvania is steeped in history.  Gettysburg lies along the old wagon trail west from Philly, also known as the Lincoln Highway (Rt. 30).  Picturesque old German / PA Dutch farms are scattered along the rolling hills of Lancaster, York, and Adams Counties along the Rt. 30.

I love this photo of Gettysburg - as it captures the beauty of the land, the farms, as well as the history of what happened here and how we experience that history today:

The battlefields of Gettysburg are hallowed ground.  You will leave changed and with a deep appreciation of what happened here and how the course of our nation's history hinged on a few hours of battle here.

We realize that not everyone will be able to bring a car from 10 hours away for this event (but please do if you can).  Those of us who come to Kenosha from PA usually drive modern - we get it.  However, we can promise that traffic in PA to get here will not be like Chicago!  Instead, as you hit the PA Turnpike from the west, you will find that you finally have to drive your car - both hands on the wheel as you navigate the interstate "road course" through the Allegheny Mt. range.

If you live in Indiana to NJ, or NH to SC, make the effort to drive in, and we hope that all the east coast vendors make a special effort to bring out inventories that the mid-west never sees.

For those from way out west, Gettysburg and the region is a great flight destination, as Dulles (Wash. DC), BWI, and Harrisburg are all good choices for flights and a modest drive.  Once here, you have many places you can explore in and around Gettysburg, as well as Baltimore (1.3 hrs), Washington DC (1.5 hrs), and Lancaster Co (Amish - 1.3hrs) away from the host hotel.

Make your plans now to come early, bring the family and enjoy two reasons to be in PA in June 2017 - our history and our cars.  Help your kids experience history, not just read about it in school!

In the coming weeks, I will post some photos from an photographer friend of mine that loves Gettysburg and spends a lot of time shooting in the National Park there.  The event team will also be sharing more and more about their plans and the activities you can engage in.  For now, make your reservations and mark your calendars!

-------------
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
https://theamcforum.com/forum/rare-ragtop-rogue-refurb_topic112071.html" rel="nofollow - 67 Rogue 290-4V 4spd Conv
A-Scheme SC/Rambler (69 SC JOURNEY)

Posted By: Red Rebel
Date Posted: Aug/04/2016 at 8:33pm
My wife and I will definitely be there for the National and hope to extend our time to take in the sites. So much history and so much to see while there. Looking forward to it! Patrick & Lori

Date Posted: Aug/05/2016 at 3:20pm
just made my reservations - looking forward to this show!

-------------
AMO Newsletter Editor

Posted By: Red Rebel
Date Posted: Aug/06/2016 at 7:20am
What is the host hotel? Thanks

Date Posted: Aug/06/2016 at 10:20am
hassyfoto sent me these documents for the show.  Planning is continuing for events so check back for schedule updates.

uploads/6381/AMO_2017_Flier.pdf" rel="nofollow - uploads/6381/AMO_2017_Flier.pdf

uploads/6381/2017_AMO_Convent._Regist.pdf" rel="nofollow - uploads/6381/2017_AMO_Convent._Regist.pdf

-------------
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
https://theamcforum.com/forum/rare-ragtop-rogue-refurb_topic112071.html" rel="nofollow - 67 Rogue 290-4V 4spd Conv

Date Posted: Aug/06/2016 at 5:14pm
http://www.eisenhower.com

-------------
AMO Newsletter Editor

Date Posted: Aug/08/2016 at 11:06pm
Just booked my room at the host hotel...man that's a loooooooooooooooooooong drive :)

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Posted By: SirDigger
Date Posted: Aug/09/2016 at 3:40am
On the Way home you should Park your Truck in K-Town Tony, maybe at Zio´s Driveway..  LOL

-------------
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360

Date Posted: Aug/09/2016 at 4:43am

Just booked my room at the host hotel...man that's a loooooooooooooooooooong drive :)

Tony, If you wanted to do both shows, someone (Cam?) mentioned you could leave your rig somewhere and fly home and back. Sounds like a logistic nightmare but the more I think about it is doable.

Posted By: Trans Canada
Date Posted: Aug/09/2016 at 7:37am
Tony I have lots of Room and secure if your thinking about both show  Doberman protected :)

Date Posted: Aug/09/2016 at 8:52am

That's on the radar but depends on the costs involved. I might find a place to stash the trailer and then just drive back and forth.

The hotel in PA works out to $175 Canadian a night.....yikes!

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Aug/09/2016 at 9:36am
That's steep  that is the special rate for the AMO members? haven't book yet, but plan on it
anyways you think it through the offer stands....haven't really look at the map to see if it make sense
but location are easy day drive

Date Posted: Aug/09/2016 at 1:04pm

That's on the radar but depends on the costs involved. I might find a place to stash the trailer and then just drive back and forth.

Sounds like it might be time to check out the state parks!

Date Posted: Aug/09/2016 at 2:15pm

Split a room with another AMC'er....

Date Posted: Aug/10/2016 at 11:27am
What Joe mentions is a good idea. Share a room if you can. Just saves everybody money and frees up a room for another family. I'd ditch the trailer with someone close to Kenosha also if I was looking at logistics for that time period. Hopefully a good connection will come up.

-------------
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660

Posted By: oldamcer
Date Posted: Aug/16/2016 at 3:54pm
     I tried to book a room on line said their all sold out. Guess I have to call direct?

-------------
40 HudsonCoupe 304/904
33 Essex 315/904
47 Hudson 360/727/TorqueStorm

69 AmboWagon"The Flower Car"

50 StudeGasser360/T-400
74 HornetHatch 304/727
55 Hudson360/904

�

Posted By: 1948kaiser
Date Posted: Aug/16/2016 at 4:54pm
last weekend we called and went on line and they where booked up so went to one northeast of there and east of town.

Posted By: Exzion
Date Posted: Aug/16/2016 at 4:55pm
I will be there, I live only a few miles down the road.  If anyone needs Gettysburg area advice I can assist...

-------------
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
1965 Rambler Marlin - Parts
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 CCLB

Date Posted: Aug/16/2016 at 4:59pm
I know it's not always possible to organize an event exactly the way you might want, but having an event at a popular tourist destination during summer vacation seems like a sure recipe for high prices.

Date Posted: Aug/16/2016 at 5:30pm
Did everyone try calling the number on the flier? I can see how an online booking could say it was full, they would have a block of rooms reserved. If a person at the desk says they have sold out the rooms that is a different story and we'll need to get Kirby cracking on alternate locations and information. Feedback from those who have just called the motel main desk?

-------------
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660

Posted By: oldamcer
Date Posted: Aug/16/2016 at 6:00pm
     Just finished talkin to the Desk Clerk, 717-334-8121,  got a room.

-------------
40 HudsonCoupe 304/904
33 Essex 315/904
47 Hudson 360/727/TorqueStorm

69 AmboWagon"The Flower Car"

50 StudeGasser360/T-400
74 HornetHatch 304/727
55 Hudson360/904

�

Date Posted: Aug/18/2016 at 1:45pm
They have rooms....I got mine yesterday as well :)

Date Posted: Aug/23/2016 at 5:31am
I am monitoring the conversation and taking action. I have a meeting with the Hotel this weekend and will resolve the issue or get an alternative answer. I will keep everyone posted on the updates.

Kirby

-------------
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

Date Posted: Sep/01/2016 at 11:01pm
Kirby, did you tell them to lower the rates or take Canadian money at par? LOL

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Sep/10/2016 at 9:28pm
I promised a few weeks ago to post some photos from the Battlefields.  The link below is to a photo share from a friend of mine that likes to shoot in the park there - William Friggle.

Hopefully it wets your appetite to see it in person.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26345736@N04/sets/72157673323203746/" rel="nofollow - http://www.flickr.com/photos/26345736@N04/sets/72157673323203746/

-------------
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660

Date Posted: Sep/22/2016 at 4:32pm
If anyone is told that the hotel is booked during the convention dates, gently remind the front office personal that the GM has stated booking a reservation for next year is in another part of the on-line reservation software. If anyone has any issues with booking, as to speak to the general manager. The GM has assured me that he can handle any booking issues that new employees at the front desk are not familiar with. 
Please drop me a private message as well, so I can track any problems and try to resolve them quickly if any hotel staff drop the ball.
Thanks

-------------
Murphy's Law:

Posted By: 6768rogues
Date Posted: Nov/06/2016 at 8:28am
Called and booked today. Wednesday night was $129, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights were each $119, plus taxes, of course. That is American money, hope our friends to the north get a better exchange rate next summer.

-------------
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.

Posted By: austinsamx74
Date Posted: Nov/14/2016 at 8:38pm
I have never been too a convention what exactly is it ?? A car show ?? Swap meet ?? Give some details please

Posted By: Sonic Silver
Date Posted: Nov/14/2016 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by austinsamx74 austinsamx74 wrote:

I have never been too a convention what exactly is it ?? A car show ?? Swap meet ?? Give some details please
They tell me that is all that and more. I just go to visit friends, and drink a couple of beers. But, I believe that there are cars and parts, and some kind of car show and awards and stuff.

Date Posted: Nov/14/2016 at 11:00pm

It's several days (things usually start on the Tuesday and the show is the Saturday) of cruises, car events, social time, meetings, hanging out and meeting new AMC/Rambler friends, Friday is usually a swapmeet, Saturday is more swapmeet plus the big show. This year in Rockford, IL there was even AMC drag racing on the Sunday! These events (like any other) are all about what you put into them. If you go there to have a good time, participate and help out where you can you will come away with great memories and the need to go back for more! I have met so many GREAT AMC folks by attending these shows.

I live in Vancouver BC and have traveled to Charleston SC in 2014, Cleaveland OH in 2015 and Rockford IL in 2016. In 2017 I will be pulling an even longer trip to Gettysburg...I love this trip!!!!Smile

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Posted By: austinsamx74
Date Posted: Nov/15/2016 at 4:48am
Ok thanks i think i may go sounds like fun gettsburg is only 2 hour from me plus i can take the family too see battlefields cars etc.

Date Posted: Nov/15/2016 at 5:03am

Ok thanks i think i may go sounds like fun gettsburg is only 2 hour from me plus i can take the family too see battlefields cars etc.

Only two hours away and you have to think about it? It'll definitely be worth the trip. If your family doesn't support your car hobby, leave them home. Make a special trip to Gettysburg just for them another time (just my opinion).

Date Posted: Nov/15/2016 at 8:46am
I recommend booking your room at the host hotel asap. The host hotel is where you want to be to enjoy the days/evenings in the parking lot etc.

As Joe said, only 2 hours is an easy decision, its about a 6000 mile roundtrip for me!

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Nov/15/2016 at 8:58am
I just go to see what's there that would make a guy drive 6,000 miles.

Date Posted: Nov/16/2016 at 10:51am
Well worth the trip......I'm so looking forward to it!! If your only two hours away you need to make it
It's a must!!
Gremlin's Pacer's & Hornet's OH MY!!!!!!!

Date Posted: Nov/16/2016 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

I go to see things like old men coughing 7up out their noses...LOL

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Nov/16/2016 at 11:58am
Alex, I'll need a babysitter this year. You owe me one!

-------------
AMO Newsletter Editor

Date Posted: Nov/16/2016 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by kirkwood kirkwood wrote:

Alex, I'll need a babysitter this year. You owe me one!
I'll stay with Holly while you're busy.

Date Posted: Nov/16/2016 at 9:07pm

Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

I go to see things like old men coughing 7up out their noses...LOL
.....and I go to see what kind of idiot would pull a trailer 6,000 miles, just to see an old guy blow 7 Up out his nostrils.

Date Posted: Nov/16/2016 at 9:16pm

It's several days (things usually start on the Tuesday and the show is the Saturday) of cruises, car events, social time, meetings, hanging out and meeting new AMC/Rambler friends, Friday is usually a swapmeet, Saturday is more swapmeet plus the big show. This year in Rockford, IL there was even AMC drag racing on the Sunday! These events (like any other) are all about what you put into them. If you go there to have a good time, participate and help out where you can you will come away with great memories and the need to go back for more! I have met so many GREAT AMC folks by attending these shows.

I live in Vancouver BC and have traveled to Charleston SC in 2014, Cleaveland OH in 2015 and Rockford IL in 2016. In 2017 I will be pulling an even longer trip to Gettysburg...I love this trip!!!!Smile

One cruise will be to the AACA Museum in Hershey!  Another to the Eastern Museum of Auto Racing. Plus some cruises in & around Gettysburg. That's just some fun before the swap meet & car show!
Whooooohooooo!  Ice Cream social and block party on Friday evening! Yahooooo!  
Hopefully Chuck & Joe won't need to give me a lift to the show field! It's just across the parking lot this year.   Wink

-------------
Murphy's Law:

Date Posted: Nov/29/2016 at 11:26am
I saw this today on the local TV station's website. Thought the pictures of Gettysburg at Christmas would be fitting to help everyone get into the mood!

http://www.wgal.com/article/photos-christmas-in-gettysburg/6163856" rel="nofollow - http://www.wgal.com/article/photos-christmas-in-gettysburg/6163856

-------------
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660

Date Posted: Nov/29/2016 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by kcsamc kcsamc wrote:

I saw this today on the local TV station's website. Thought the pictures of Gettysburg at Christmas would be fitting to help everyone get into the mood!

http://www.wgal.com/article/photos-christmas-in-gettysburg/6163856" rel="nofollow - http://www.wgal.com/article/photos-christmas-in-gettysburg/6163856

My favorite pics, the buses and the elves!

Clap

-------------
Murphy's Law:

Posted By: 53DROPTOP
Date Posted: Dec/06/2016 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by hassyfoto hassyfoto wrote:

One cruise will be to the AACA Museum in Hershey!  Another to the Eastern Museum of Auto Racing. Plus some cruises in & around Gettysburg. That's just some fun before the swap meet & car show!
Whooooohooooo!  Ice Cream social and block party on Friday evening! Yahooooo!  
Hopefully Chuck & Joe won't need to give me a lift to the show field! It's just across the parking lot this year.   Wink

Just registered to keep tabs on this event! Really looking forward to it and hopefully future repeat events.
I'm a local (Dover PA) that reports local car shows on Facebook and will help get the word out as we roll into 2017. Excited to see its more than just a weekend event, and hope to join in on some of the cruises.

Posted By: KyleCim
Date Posted: Dec/07/2016 at 7:26am
Any Racing? I'd be very interested if so! South Mountain Raceway (1/8th mile dragstrip) is about 25 miles (30 mins) from Gettysburg according to the map.

-------------
70 Hornet- 401/727/9"- Too Many Expensive parts-9.71@136
68 AMX- 401, E-Brock tunnel ram, Fiberglass front end

92 Laser RS AWD- 10.19@139 2.0L

Posted By: 53DROPTOP
Date Posted: Dec/08/2016 at 11:47pm
I think I'll make a mention to the Mid-Atlantic Nash Car Club about this event, and make sure they're aware of it as well.

Date Posted: Dec/09/2016 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by 53DROPTOP 53DROPTOP wrote:

I think I'll make a mention to the Mid-Atlantic Nash Car Club about this event, and make sure they're aware of it as well.

Good idea! Let's get everybody there to big this a really nice big party/event!

Thumbs Up

-------------
Murphy's Law:

Date Posted: Dec/10/2016 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by KyleCim KyleCim wrote:

Any Racing? I'd be very interested if so! South Mountain Raceway (1/8th mile dragstrip) is about 25 miles (30 mins) from Gettysburg according to the map.
Great idea Kyle, last years day at Byron the day after the show was awesome!!!

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Posted By: captscot
Date Posted: Jan/11/2017 at 3:08pm
Any information about where in Gettysburg AMO will have the show? A street name or name of place it will be held? Thanks, Scott

-------------
1972 Javelin AMX - orig owner
1985 Grand Wagoneer
1967 Jeepster
1968 Jeep Gladiator
1959 Jeep CJ5
1929 Marmon model 68

Date Posted: Jan/11/2017 at 3:32pm
The host hotel, not sure if this will be the actual show location also.

Eisenhower
 Hotel & Conference Center
2634 Emmitsburg Road     Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17325
717-334-8121 

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Jan/12/2017 at 8:29pm

The host hotel, not sure if this will be the actual show location also.

Eisenhower
 Hotel & Conference Center
2634 Emmitsburg Road     Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17325
717-334-8121 

Everything is located at the Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center
Show field & vendor field are next to each other & located out the back door of the hotel. 
The show field is an old black top that hasn't been used in years. We liked the old black top as the show field to help avoid any soggy conditions and easy walking. 

-------------
Murphy's Law:

Date Posted: Jan/12/2017 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by captscot captscot wrote:

Any information about where in Gettysburg AMO will have the show? A street name or name of place it will be held? Thanks, Scott

Everything including registrations is now listed on the AMO website. Or you can visit the Potomac Ramblers website for all the information and last but not least, you can ask me. 
I may know a little information about the event!
Wacko

-------------
Murphy's Law:

Date Posted: Jan/12/2017 at 8:41pm
Some new updates on the show. We are currently looking into bus service, If we get enough interest and pre-paid bus tickets to go to the AACA Museum in Hershey on Thursday. I have a lot of interest and questions about the museum. It is about an hour drive away, so our thinking is many folks may enjoy a bus trip there as a group.
WHAT do you all think?

Also the Eastern museum of Motor racing is located at York Springs, which is about a 20 minute. This would make  great local cruise-to-site for Wednesday or Friday. 

Finally the drive-yourself tour of Gettysburg is really neat. You rent a set of headphones, follow a map and when you arrive at each destination you get a audio tour & history of Gettysburg. 

Planning, planning, planning. There is so many things to do at Gettysburg!  
We will have a nice list of suggestions for everyone upon arrival.

-------------
Murphy's Law:

Date Posted: Jan/13/2017 at 1:32am
How about doing the museum of racing on the Sunday so people can drive their cars AFTER the show! lol

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Jan/14/2017 at 4:12pm

How about doing the museum of racing on the Sunday so people can drive their cars AFTER the show! lol

That is an option!  Possibly offer the cruise to the museum twice for those folks who arrive early & will use Sunday as a drive day and then again on Sunday for folks that plan on staying a few days past the show. 
Good suggestion!

-------------
Murphy's Law:

Date Posted: Jan/15/2017 at 10:26pm
Since Gettysburg is a 4 day event, will different models of AMC cars be exhibited only on different days? I can only attend for two days and don't want to miss any of the '71-'74 Javelins & AMX's that will be shown there. The flea market/vendors I suppose will be for all 4 days?

Cheers, Scott

-------------
1985 Grand Wagoneer
1967 Jeepster
1968 Jeep Gladiator
1959 Jeep CJ5
1929 Marmon model 68

Posted By: kenoshakicker
Date Posted: Jan/16/2017 at 4:00am

Since Gettysburg is a 4 day event, will different models of AMC cars be exhibited only on different days? I can only attend for two days and don't want to miss any of the '71-'74 Javelins & AMX's that will be shown there. The flea market/vendors I suppose will be for all 4 days?

Cheers, Scott

Go to the Potomac Ramlers website and click on the AMO Registration Form link, scroll down to the second page, this is where the schedule of events is listed.  Here is the link http://www.potomacramblers.com/

I looks like Fri and Sat are the main days of the event.  I am looking forward to attending one of the two days.

Date Posted: Jan/16/2017 at 1:33pm

Cheers, Scott

Scott, the 2 MAIN days of the event will be Friday and Saturday. The swapmeet is both days with the main show on the Saturday.

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Posted By: rebels&amx
Date Posted: Jan/16/2017 at 6:40pm
as of yesterday ,Eisenhower claimed they had four rooms left.

Date Posted: Jan/16/2017 at 6:50pm
Have you seen the customer reviews for the Eisenhower Hotel? All describe the place as "dirty" and "would never go again". Made a reservation today with the Days Inn, Gettysburg, rated "very good" on Trivago.com. I called Days Inn directly, starting price for a room was $190 because of the show. I easily talked them down to $149, to $127, to finally $93 then asked if they'd include the option to cancel, which it didn't, plus breakfast. Got it all!

-------------
1985 Grand Wagoneer
1967 Jeepster
1968 Jeep Gladiator
1959 Jeep CJ5
1929 Marmon model 68

Date Posted: Jan/16/2017 at 7:20pm
It may be more expensive and not as nice (by reviews) BUT it will be ground central for AMC everything! The cruises, car shows, block party, evening "socials", swap meet and main car show...6 miles away sucks. 

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Jan/16/2017 at 9:39pm
Just booked a room at the Eisenhower. They told me it was the last one. Had to take a King Suite for more money, but it puts me at the scene of the crime. I probably will skip Kenosha, not sure yet.

Date Posted: Jan/18/2017 at 7:08am
Ok, 
After reading Sonic Silver's response, I called the host hotel and they have filled up their rooms for the AMO Nationals.

With that said, I will be working on trying to get other Hotels in the area to offer some discount rates. Until then, 5 miles southwest of the event, in Emmittsburg, MD is the Sleep Inn. About 8 miles away on the North east side of Gettysburg on Route 30 is the Hampton Inn, Hilton, Inn, Days Inn, Super 8 and the Wyndham. There are a few motels in Gettysburg, but parking would be tight. 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, Gettysburg Hotel and James Getty Hotel. There is also a Comfort Inn on the south side of Gettysburg next to the Cemetery & a Quality Inn on the west side of the Cemetery.
In addition there is a Comfort Inn about 4 miles south of Gettysburg at the Outlet Mall. 
There are two camp grounds outside of Gettysburg, Artillery Ridge Campground & Round Top Campground. Both campgrounds are south of Gettysburg and with in 4 miles of the Show field.
There are several Bed & breakfast all over Gettysburg, but I do not have any first hand knowledge of the accommodations. 
I will try to post updates as they happen on the Hotel accommodations.

-------------
Murphy's Law:

Posted By: javelinman74
Date Posted: Jan/18/2017 at 12:27pm
Sent my form in last year, and yesterday reserved a room at Super 8 close by for $60 a night.  That's the plan, unless we sell the pop up camper and get a pull behind trailer.
See you there, and more!
Richard

I don't remember IF they sent a confirmation, or not.  I should find out or try to get a copy of my form.

-------------
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!

Date Posted: Jan/19/2017 at 7:41pm
Update!

We had a man on the ground today in Gettysburg to secure about 90 additional Motel rooms at 3 different Motels in the area. As the arrangements are finalized I will post the names, locations, rates and name that the motels will use for those events. Sooooo stay tuned!

-------------
Murphy's Law:

Date Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 7:04pm
Any update on additional hotels yet?

-------------
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon
1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Date Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 8:13pm
If your wanting to book a room, see my post made on 1.16.17. I booked a room in a clean place, rated very good, at a fair price and includes breakfast with the option to cancel. Can't beat that. Here's most of it.

"Made a reservation today with The Days Inn, Gettysburg, rated "very good" on Trivago.com. I called Days Inn directly, starting price for a room was $190 because of the show. I easily talked them down to $149, to $127, to finally $93 then asked if they'd include the option to cancel, which it didn't, plus breakfast. Got it all!"

-------------
1985 Grand Wagoneer
1967 Jeepster
1968 Jeep Gladiator
1959 Jeep CJ5
1929 Marmon model 68

Posted By: kenoshakicker
Date Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 8:19pm
Is there on site parking at the host hotel for people who want to attend the show but do not have a room?

Date Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 8:43pm
In Rockford I got a pass for the trailer.  Nobody seemed to care if I was staying at the host hotel or not so I just left the car and trailer there.  My hotel was within walking distance, which made it super easy. It was a nicer room for lots less money.

Date Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 10:06pm
I really don't mind a short drive. I've driven through that area dozens of times and I've been to the host hotel location for a conference. I may just grab a room down the road. In Cleveland we stayed down the street and it wasn't a big deal. The road the host hotel is on isn't very congested. There is easy access to the highways and the historical sites are very close-by. I think it's a great location this year!

-------------
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon
1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Posted By: javelinman74
Date Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 10:08pm
I booked rooms at Super 8 for $60 a night, here and same in Kenosha.

-------------
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!

Date Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by macdude443 macdude443 wrote:

Any update on additional hotels yet?

I am working on it, still awaiting some answers from motel management.!

-------------
Murphy's Law:

Date Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by kenoshakicker kenoshakicker wrote:

Is there on site parking at the host hotel for people who want to attend the show but do not have a room?

Yes there is some on site parking for spectators. It will be very hard to estimate the amount of space, but yes. We have one parking lot on the north side of the motel that will be designated for trailer parking. 
And we have permission to use some grass areas, should it become necessary for parking as well. 

-------------
Murphy's Law:

Date Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by macdude443 macdude443 wrote:

I really don't mind a short drive. I've driven through that area dozens of times and I've been to the host hotel location for a conference. I may just grab a room down the road. In Cleveland we stayed down the street and it wasn't a big deal. The road the host hotel is on isn't very congested. There is easy access to the highways and the historical sites are very close-by. I think it's a great location this year!

There are all kinds of motels and areas to stay in with in 10 miles of the convention site. In addition there are numerous bed & breakfast(s).  
From the convention site moving west is a Hotel right on route 15 in Emittsburg, MD ( 6 miles away) 
On Rt 30 to the east of Gettysburg is several Motels ( Hilton, Hampton Inn, Days,Quality, Super 8, Econo Lodge and the Wyndham  ( about 8-10 miles depending on city route or route 15 interstate)

In town is the Quality & Comfort Inns, 1863 Inn, Farnsworth Inn, Brafferton Inn and a few other sites.

Plus all the B&B's.

-------------
Murphy's Law:

Posted By: 71 Javelin AMX O.O.
Date Posted: Jan/23/2017 at 10:07am
hassyfoto:

Were you able to get any hotels with rooms at a price close to the rate at the host hotel?

Posted By: blumontag
Date Posted: Jan/23/2017 at 12:46pm
My brother and I will be driving up from Annapolis for the day (either Friday or Saturday). My Gremlin won't be making the trip from Minneapolis. Will we be able to just park at Eisenhower for the day to take in all the action there? Thanks!

-------------
72 Gremlin X

Date Posted: Jan/23/2017 at 1:48pm
Got a room at the Days Inn down the road for $80/night.  We can't wait.

-------------
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon
1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Date Posted: Jan/23/2017 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by 71 Javelin AMX O.O. 71 Javelin AMX O.O. wrote:

hassyfoto:

Were you able to get any hotels with rooms at a price close to the rate at the host hotel?

We are currently working on some alternative Motels and pricing. Harley is currently making contact(s) with several Hotels in the area and working on some group discounts. Please be patient as we only found out the Eisenhower was filled the end of last week. I will post updates as soon as we get some results. 

-------------
Murphy's Law:

Date Posted: Feb/03/2017 at 12:45pm
Here are some alternative Hotels in Gettysburg with reduced rates for the AMO Show

Inn At Cemetery Hill • 613 Baltimore St. Gettysburg, PA 17325 • ph: 717-334-9281 www.innatcemetaryhill.com e-mail: reservations@innatcemeteryhill.com Room Block & Rate held to May 5, 2017. Ask about Deposit & Cancellation Policies. Lodging Weekday Rate: $115 + 11% Lodging Fri. & Sat. Rate: $129 + 11% Very Limited Trailer Parking To Host Hotel: 4.6 miles, 8 minutes 

1863 Inn of Gettysburg • 516 Baltimore St Gettysburg, PA 17325 • ph: 866-953-4483 www.1863innofgettysburg.com/ e-mail: info@1863innofgettysburg.com Room Block & Rate held to May 22, 2017. Ask about Deposit & Cancellation Policies. Lodging Rate all days: $138.50 + 11% No Trailer Parking To Host Hotel: 4.6 miles, 8 minutes 

Quality Inn & Suites • 871 York Rd Gettysburg, PA 17325 • ph:717-337-2400 www.qualityinn.com/hotel/PA120 e-mail: gm.pa120@choicehotels.com Room Block & Rate held to May 29, 2017. Ask about Deposit & Cancellation Policies. Lodging Rate all days: $149 + 11% Some Trailer Parking To Host Hotel: 6.3 miles, 13 minutes

-------------
Murphy's Law:

Date Posted: Feb/05/2017 at 7:28pm
There is a new Facebook page for the AMO International Convention 2017 

The name: AMO 2017

-------------
Murphy's Law:

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net