Print Page | Close Window

18th annual AMC Southeast Regional

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Lounge Area
Forum Name: Upcoming Shows and Events
Forum Description: AMC related shows, auctions or events go here. Announce club events here.
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79756
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 4:43am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 18th annual AMC Southeast Regional
Posted By: farna
Subject: 18th annual AMC Southeast Regional
Date Posted: May/22/2016 at 9:07am

18th annual AMC Southeast Regional

Hosted by Peach State AMO. Host hotel will be the Marriott Century Center, 2000 Century Boulevard NE Atlanta  GA  30345 . Rooms have been secured at $95 per night.  It has easy access from I-85, good visibility for spectators, a nice hotel and an empty parking lot to host the show. Registration form and flyer can be found at our brand new website http://georgiaamc.com" rel="nofollow - http://georgiaamc.com

The website is new, so there isn't much there. Click on the "Events" tab near the top right to find the flyer and registration forms. Click on the "Book your group rates..." link to go to the hotel and book your room. Mention the Peach State AMO show if you call instead.

You DO NOT have to be a member of AMO to participate in this show.

-------------
Frank Swygert

Replies:
Posted By: Ollie
Date Posted: May/22/2016 at 10:19am
Oh wow......on top of Houston AMO Regionals......

With as few AMC events as there are it's sad that two get scheduled for the same day.

Just talking out loud...In Mississippi the NSRA State Representative, hosts an annual planning meeting the first week in January. The goal is to try to prevent shows from walking on each other.

Then again most people will not attend an event in Houston and Atlanta, just too far. But remember, Ollie is different, I love to drive my Rambler.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Date Posted: May/23/2016 at 5:47am
Ollie is in one of the few locations where he could easily attend either -- almost between the two locations.  I checked -- only about a half hour difference between the two in driving time.... 5.5 - 6.0 hours, an easy day drive. Well Ollie, I just hope you're seen at one of them! 

-------------
Frank Swygert

Posted By: NC74Matador
Date Posted: May/23/2016 at 7:04am
OCTOBER 1 is officially marked down for me. I won't be staying overnight since I'm just 2.5 hours away. Atlanta traffic isn't horrible on the weekends. Let's hope for nice weather when the time comes. 
I sure hope the Atlanta owners come out for this one. My posts about Atlanta area shows last season were met with very little response. A few guys showed up and I certainly was happy to see them. Dale & Doug GA70AMX & Freecat1 respectively. Great guys!

-------------
1974 AMC Matador X SOLD

Date Posted: May/23/2016 at 7:49am
Frank,
Your correct, as I leave my driveway its either a right or left turn...

I have already committed to Houston. See ya'll next year.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Date Posted: May/23/2016 at 7:19pm
This is the every three years in Atlanta AMO Regional. The other years are hosted by Carolina AMC or First Coast AMc, in turn. Sometimes we switch up -- the year Carolina AMC hosted the AMO National was one of the other two clubs years, but we swapped around. We decided there was no need to have a Regional that year when the National was here in the same region. We usually have the Southeast Regional late in the season so those who want to go to the mid summer AMO National can. But sometimes it's in the Spring instead of Fall... it's up to the hosting club that year.

-------------
Frank Swygert

Date Posted: May/24/2016 at 7:46am
We attended the AMO Nationals in Charleston, SC in 2014.
Had a blast.
We will see what next year brings

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Date Posted: Jun/15/2016 at 2:58pm
Made my mind up.
I am leaving Friday AM, Interstate to Alt, GA, checking in 3 PM

Lookin' forward to AMC Fun,
Ollie

Posted By: PlazinJavelin
Date Posted: Jun/15/2016 at 9:30pm
I missed out last time, but hope to see many of you this time. Was hoping to have my car completed enough to attend too, but I don't know if I'm going to make it in time.

Posted By: DesertOnly
Date Posted: Jun/22/2016 at 7:14pm
Great, This is going to be my first.

Date Posted: Jun/22/2016 at 8:49pm
If you can get it there just enter it as non-judged! "Works in progress" often get a lot more attention than finished cars.

-------------
Frank Swygert

Posted By: PlazinJavelin
Date Posted: Jun/23/2016 at 10:44pm
That'd be a laugh, driving up still in primer and just one bucket seat/harness installed. I'm going to give it a good go, but I'm rather certain my to-do list is bigger than the days I have left.

Date Posted: Jun/25/2016 at 8:07am
At a cruise-in when I was stationed in Gulfport MS a fellow did just that! Car was barely legal to drive the first time he brought it out. I remember he parked beside a perfect late 70s Corvette once and the 'vette owner moved... not because the ugly car parked beside him, but because everyone was looking over it and ignoring his finished 'vette! Every 2-3 weeks that guy would bring the car back, and people who saw it would flock over to see what he'd done to it since. Got to see the car built! It's always nice to see that WIP then find photos of the finished product later. "I saw that thing before it was built!"

-------------
Frank Swygert

Posted By: NC74Matador
Date Posted: Jun/26/2016 at 6:52am
^^^ ...... yet other owners only want to be parked next to quality show cars like theirs. I know several of them and have seen others move their cars to get away. I especially have seen that at the higher end shows or if the cars are next to trucks. Everyone has their thing. I personally don't like rat rods parked next to me at shows. While I find them entertaining and really fun at the Halloween shows (with skeletons, etc...) I don't want to be parked next to one. Works in progress are fine in my book. One of my buddies has recently parked his 80's Monte Carlo SS next to me at shows. it's a bit rough still and the engine compartment so bad he doesn't open the hood. 
While you and I feel a 'work in progress' should definitely be brought to the show, there are two sides to every coin. Perhaps AMC show folks are more open minded. I have little experience with this crowd and in my two show seasons thus far I doubt I've seen a dozen AMC products in total.

-------------
1974 AMC Matador X SOLD

Date Posted: Jun/26/2016 at 7:59am
We had our Veteran Appreciation Fun Run yesterday. Had a great turn out.

That said, I met a new car friend that has a 47 Hudson, 2 door coupe, repowered with a 318, 904 W/lockup torque converter. It's an older restoration but a really nice vehicle. The most exciting thing, the new owner loves to drive it !!!!!!!

I am now working on getting a Mississippi contingent together for the trip to Atlanta. Do 2 vehicles make a "contingent" ????

I personally don't see anything wrong with a "work in progress" at a show. Been know to trailer some of my projects to shows before they were drivable. Park next to me, as I am sure the owner will have something to talk about!!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Date Posted: Jun/26/2016 at 8:55am
Part of it is how the vehicle is registered. A Javelin that is obviously unfinished (shows up in primer, or just sanded with some obvious patches, one seat, not carpet, etc.) is registered in the Javelin class I guess you have to let him show. If he wants to pay the judging fee (in AMO shows you can register to be judged or not, an extra fee to be judged) that's fine -- AMO judges on a points system and awards trophy based on number of points, not a 1-2-3 style, so there can be several winners in each level. The judging score sheet gives you an idea of what you need to improve, though it is a bit subjective.

-------------
Frank Swygert

Date Posted: Jun/28/2016 at 2:03pm
Made my host hotel reservations today........

Planning AMC Fun,
Ollie

Posted By: shootist
Date Posted: Jul/11/2016 at 9:34pm
I may bring my 1970 Javelin down to Atlanta for this one. Depends on where I am on it. I imagine I will be done enough to bring it then. May not have the rear end, subframe and roll cage done but the front end is done and the motor/trans should be back in.

-------------

Date Posted: Jul/16/2016 at 9:36am
Ok, it is looking good for me. One huge question, where are we going to be able to park trailers? I have a 20' enclosed trailer that I use to carry that for long haul trips and will need somewhere to park it Friday and Saturday overnight.

-------------

Date Posted: Jul/17/2016 at 8:07pm
There will be a place to park trailers. 

-------------
Frank Swygert

Date Posted: Jul/17/2016 at 8:11pm
I just got this e-mail from the organizers of the show. If you know for sure you're going please pre-register and let them know!!   Registration form and more info can be found at http://www.georgiaamc.com/events.php" rel="nofollow - http://www.georgiaamc.com/events.php
If you don't find the info you need there send an e-mail to Jeff and he will give you an answer. I've already let him know that I plan to attend.

=============================

Please let you club members know that currently we have received only 2 pre-registrations for the Southeast Regional in Atlanta on October 1.  I know that we were late getting the information out, but we believe we have a great show planned.  However if we don’t receive several more pre-registrations in the next couple of weeks, we will have no choice but to cancel the show.  Please let your members know and ask them to send in their pre-registration as soon as possible.  If you plan to come, but can’t send your form now, please email me and let me know.  We are looking forward to the show, but don’t want to hold one with only our local member cars.

I hope to see you all at the show,

Jeff Barfield

mailto:Jrbarfield@comcast.net" rel="nofollow - 394 Creek Crossing Ct.

Grayson, GA  30017

770 466-8463

AMO #2550

Peach State AMO

69 Javelin SST 343

-------------
Frank Swygert

Date Posted: Jul/18/2016 at 11:08am
I sent Jeff an email. I will register once we get the motor back in and working properly. Hopefully I will have a firm commitment within next two weeks.

-------------

Date Posted: Aug/03/2016 at 10:30pm
Well, The motor and trans is back in the car. Not yet running but hoping that she will come to life this weekend. So far motor, trans, drive shaft, headers and starter are on. Still need to bleed brakes, wire fuel system, install supercharger, connect new alternator, Install radiator and trans cooler, wire fans, fill with e85 (yeah, it's a hybrid runs on gas and alcohol ;) Anyway, things are looking up. Given the progress I should make this event. See you guys there.

-------------

Posted By: javjav
Date Posted: Aug/04/2016 at 12:56am
Is there a swap meet at this event?  If so, how many vendors on average?

Posted By: dkrtgood
Date Posted: Aug/04/2016 at 7:19am
I am planning on attending with my Donohue and will be vending my usual shirts,vanity plates etc. Another guy from our club who I will be travelling with is taking his Spirit. 

-------------
Dave Goodwin
President of Tampa Bay AMC

70 Mark Donohue BBO 390 5-speed
77 Matador Coupe AKA "The Beave"
70 Javelin 360 / Auto - BBG

Date Posted: Aug/04/2016 at 9:26am
Just sent Jeff an E mail. Me, Teresa and The Rambler will be there.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Date Posted: Aug/04/2016 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by farna farna wrote:

I just got this e-mail from the organizers of the show. If you know for sure you're going please pre-register and let them know!!   Registration form and more info can be found at http://www.georgiaamc.com/events.php" rel="nofollow - http://www.georgiaamc.com/events.php
If you don't find the info you need there send an e-mail to Jeff and he will give you an answer. I've already let him know that I plan to attend.

=============================

Please let you club members know that currently we have received only 2 pre-registrations for the Southeast Regional in Atlanta on October 1.  I know that we were late getting the information out, but we believe we have a great show planned.  However if we don’t receive several more pre-registrations in the next couple of weeks, we will have no choice but to cancel the show.  Please let your members know and ask them to send in their pre-registration as soon as possible.  If you plan to come, but can’t send your form now, please email me and let me know.  We are looking forward to the show, but don’t want to hold one with only our local member cars.

I hope to see you all at the show,

I am blasting out to all Tampa Bay AMC members tonight and will keep tabs on who is coming from this club. I still need to send in my own registration as vendor and car display. 

Thanks and we'll see you up there

-------------
Dave Goodwin

Date Posted: Aug/04/2016 at 10:06pm
Dave,

I think I bought a couple shirts from you in Charleston, SC a couple years ago. I look forward to restocking! I even owe a Chebby guy one as he loved it and told me that if I got him one he would wear it. I am going to hold him to that! I got a red shirt with Javelin SST emblazoned on the front. He secretly envies my car and really wants to be an AMC guy as he calls me Javelin instead of my name. I think it is going to be super poetic when he gets a good view of the back of the Javelin at the track ;)

-------------

Date Posted: Aug/09/2016 at 8:28am
3 from Tampa Bay AMC going so far

-------------
Dave Goodwin

Date Posted: Aug/09/2016 at 8:30am
Originally posted by shootist shootist wrote:

Dave,

I think I bought a couple shirts from you in Charleston, SC a couple years ago. I look forward to restocking! I even owe a Chebby guy one as he loved it and told me that if I got him one he would wear it. I am going to hold him to that! I got a red shirt with Javelin SST emblazoned on the front. He secretly envies my car and really wants to be an AMC guy as he calls me Javelin instead of my name. I think it is going to be super poetic when he gets a good view of the back of the Javelin at the track ;)

Sounds like shirts from Michael Miller actually, both him and I vended shirts. Between us both you had many to choose from. Working on a new Big Bad design for next year and hope to have some for this SE event.

See you there!

-------------
Dave Goodwin

Date Posted: Aug/30/2016 at 7:53pm
Now that we are closer to the date Are we still looking good for the event? I have a small issue I have to work out on the car but it is looking promising that I will be in attendance. I should know in another 1-2 weeks.

-------------

Posted By: wcamp70
Date Posted: Aug/31/2016 at 2:17pm
As far as I know it is still on. Didn't make our last meeting but heard it was discussed and is still taking place. Look forward to seeing your Javelin.
Jeff

-------------
70 AMX 360 5speed
68 American 401 200r4 auto
AMO #5013

Date Posted: Sep/05/2016 at 5:36pm
I am making every effort to be there. I am waiting on some parts to ship now but if they come in this week and I am able to get them installed before the end of next week I am going to go ahead and register.

-------------

Date Posted: Sep/12/2016 at 1:35pm
How's the registrations looking? Getting closer

-------------
Dave Goodwin

Date Posted: Sep/15/2016 at 7:44am
Don't know about number of registered cars but I heard that the reservations for the host hotel are going well. Look forward to seeing everyone. Jeff

-------------
70 AMX 360 5speed
AMO #5013

Date Posted: Sep/29/2016 at 7:35pm
I will be checking in tomorrow (Fri) 1500 hrs and reporting to the bar to settle some road dust.

AND Have some AMC FUN,
Ollie

Date Posted: Oct/10/2016 at 1:34pm
Once again a great show. About 50 cars in attendance. Beautiful weather.

-------------
70 AMX 360 5speed
AMO #5013

Date Posted: Oct/10/2016 at 6:00pm
I hate that I missed it. Didn't get the car buttoned back up until late Friday night. Now I have an air pocket in the cooling system to bleed out. Well there is next year at least.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net