Print Page | Close Window

4th OZ AMC/Rambler show 2017 & 50years AMC Rebel

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Lounge Area
Forum Name: General AMC Chat Australian Edition
Forum Description: There are some things mostly of interest to Aussies - this is their AMC Chat spot
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=78170
Printed Date: Apr/19/2024 at 4:15pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 4th OZ AMC/Rambler show 2017 & 50years AMC Rebel
Posted By: 70Hornet
Subject: 4th OZ AMC/Rambler show 2017 & 50years AMC Rebel
Date Posted: Mar/23/2016 at 11:46pm
SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileHi everyone. The first 2 pages of this thread you will find do not match the thread heading but still make for some interesting reading. This was due to a decision being made to alter the 50years focus from the Javelin to the Rebel. While I still think it would be justified to have the 50 year celebration of Javelins in 2017 this may cause some confusion as general knowledge suggests the Javelin's are actually regarded as 68 regardless of the fact they were sold from september 67. Celebrating the Rebel's will be a welcome addition to the show as it is a focus on a car that usually doesn't get much attention. There is some nice Rebel's in Australia and we look forward to having a few of them together, plus a whole stack of other AMC's, to show all of Australia. TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

4th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show

AND

celebrating 50 years of Javelin (1967 to 2017)

and
 25 years of Chryslers on the Murray

March 17/18/19 2017

More details in the coming months
Put it in your calender Smile
This is going to be big!

Replies:
Posted By: WesternRed
Date Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 2:56am
Nothing like getting in early, no excuses now.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/HardVG/media/COTM_poster_forCA_PRESS_zpsjpczcksk.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: 74gremx
Date Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 3:14am
I thought the first Javelins were 1968 models

-------------
1970 Javelin 360/727
1974 Levis Gremlin X 304/904
1964 American Convertible
1974 Matador wagon (parts)
2016 Holden Cruze Equipe
2014 Holden Colorado
"Don't mistake activity for achievement".

Date Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 3:29am
Javelins first debuted in August 1967 and officially went on sale in September 1967. We put some thought into this and our show (by this I mean yours, mine and everyone else who enjoys AMC/Ramblers) is in March 2017 which would make the birthday celebration 6months early or if we done it in March 2018 6months late.

We chose to get the party started Tongue

Your should try and bring your Gremlin over for the weekend. There is a lot of people who would appreciate seeing your car and meeting you. Andrews red Aussie AMX would also be a drawcard. We had 4 cars from South Australia this year in our AMC line-up plus a few spectators who indicated they had driven over from Adelaide just for a look. Western Red came all the way from WA and from all accounts had a great time seeing the cars and meeting the people behind the cars and clubs. Would be great to get you guys over for the weekend.  

Posted By: RUMBLR
Date Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 6:02am
Personally think its a bit weird to celebrate "50 years" of Javelin.
The launch date might have been Aug 67 - but everyone knows they are a 68 model - no one has ever said they own a 67 Javelin.

-------------
343 904 M20 - 11.83@115

Posted By: maximus7001
Date Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 6:38am
My 68 Javelin was bought in Sept 67. The early ones were slightly different than ones sold Jan 1, 68 or later. No headrests, vin only on right side shock tower to name a few.

I will be calling it 50 years as well. October is when it goes away for our winter. When this car was new it was winter driven.

-------------
1968 Javelin SST

1997 GMC Safari AWD

2001 Daewoo Nubira SX (Winnipeg only model)

1997 Honda Accord EX (Canadian Model)

Winnipeg, home of the Jets.

Date Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 1:02pm
We can always celebrate 50 years of Aussie Javelins in 2018 and run this thing 2 years in a row :-)

Date Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 3:35pm
Rumblr from South Australia wrote;
The launch date might have been Aug 67 - but everyone knows they are a 68 model - no one has ever said they own a 67 Javelin.

70Hornet; Hi Rumbler. Thanks for the feedback mate. According to many we are ALL weird for liking our AMC's and not concentrating on one of the big3 Tongue.
Yeah there was some thought and talk about the 50 years thing before, during and after the show with various people but everyone agreed in principle that they were released for sale in September 67 so we may as well start celebrating such an important car for AMC slightly early. You are right in that, in the US, the cars are identified by their design year model ie 68 but there is no denying the cars were released for sale earlier then this in 1967. I would assume the Javelin had road going versions for testing very early in 67 or earlier. Also here in Australia we dont usually designate a model via its year. We do it with letters for example "EH Holden". We think 1964 when we hear the words EH Holden but they were made in 63 and 65 as well. The Ford Mustang guys and girls held a 2 year party (2014/15) for the Mustang even though the 64 1/2 Mustang is actually designated as a 65 model. They had a ball and showed their appreciation for their cars in a way us AMC guys and girls seem to rarely do and I reckon we should do the same. They couldnt wait to enjoy their classics and we would love you to come over and join us as well if you are free next year and see many other AMC's and meet up with other owners and people that have an interest (or we might spark an interest) in our unique cars. It is this interest we have to keep alive if we want our cars to do the same for future generations

Western Red from Western Australia wrote;
 We can always celebrate 50 years of Aussie Javelins in 2018 and run this thing 2 years in a row :-)

70Hornet; Owning an old car is supposed to be lots of fun so there is no reason we shouldnt all celebrate the Javelin for an extended time. With the annual AMC/Rambler show however we will only do it for next year (2017) to get the party started and whoever organises something after that will just add to the fun and enjoyment of owning these cars. Really ANY car show we take our cars to is a celebration of the fact that they still exist and we are able to drive and enjoy them.

Maximus7001 from Canada wrote;
 My 68 Javelin was bought in Sept 67. The early ones were slightly different than ones sold Jan 1, 68 or later. No headrests, vin only on right side shock tower to name a few.

I will be calling it 50 years as well. October is when it goes away for our winter. When this car was new it was winter driven

70Hornet; Wow! You really have one of the very first month Javelin's! Smile mate see if you can put some photo's up. We would love to see it. Like the early 64 1/2 Mustangs (actual 65 models) they changed as the time progressed and the early ones are much sought after due to little peculiarities usually found on the initial batches of first release cars. And its awesome you are on the same page in regards to celebrating such an important AMC milestone, being the AMC Javelin. Have fun with your car mate. Thats what they are for Smile 

Posted By: shelbycoleman
Date Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by 70Hornet 70Hornet wrote:

Rumblr from South Australia wrote;

70Hornet; Hi Rumbler. Thanks for the feedback mate. According to many we are ALL weird for liking our AMC's and not concentrating on one of the big3 Tongue.
Yeah there was some thought and talk about the 50 years thing before, during and after the show with various people but everyone agreed in principle that they were released for sale in September 67 so we may as well start celebrating such an important car for AMC slightly early. You are right in that, in the US, the cars are identified by their design year model ie 68 but there is no denying the cars were released for sale earlier then this in 1967. I would assume the Javelin had road going versions for testing very early in 67 or earlier. Also here is Australia we dont usually designate a model via its year. We do it with letters for example "EH Holden". We think 1964 when we hear the words EH Holden but they were made in 63 and 65 as well. The Ford Mustang guys and girls held a 2 year party (2014/15) for the Mustang even though the 64 1/2 Mustang is actually designated as a 65 model. They had a ball and showed their appreciation for their cars in a way us AMC guys and girls seem to rarely do and I reckon we should do the same. They couldnt wait to enjoy their classics and we would love you to come over and join us as well if you are free next year and see many other AMC's and meet up with other owners and people that have an interest (or we might spark an interest) in our unique cars. It is this interest we have to keep alive if we want our cars to do the same for future generations

Western Red from Western Australia wrote;

70Hornet; Owning an old car is supposed to be lots of fun so there is no reason we shouldnt all celebrate the Javelin for an extended time. With the annual AMC/Rambler show however we will only do it for next year (2017) to get the party started and whoever organises something after that will just add to the fun and enjoyment of owning these cars. Really ANY car show we take our cars to is a celebration of the fact that they still exist and we are able to drive and enjoy them.

Maximus7001 from Canada wrote;

I will be calling it 50 years as well. October is when it goes away for our winter. When this car was new it was winter driven

70Hornet; Wow! You really have one of the very first month Javelin's! Smile mate see if you can put some photo's up. We would love to see it. Like the early 64 1/2 Mustangs (actual 65 models) they changed as the time progressed and the early ones are much sought after due to little peculiarities usually found on the initial batches of first release cars. And its awesome you are on the same page in regards to celebrating such an inportant AMC milestone, being the AMC Javelin. Have fun with your car mate. Thats what they are for Smile 

641/2 Mustangs are not designated 65's. They are 641/2 and titled as such.

Date Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 3:59pm

[/QUOTE]641/2 Mustangs are not designated 65's. They are 641/2 and titled as such

70Hornet; From what I have been told the usual release date for a car in the US was August of the year before. The Mustangs were released a couple of months earlier then this but were designated 65's and not 64's. Their actual model year ran from then until whenever they released the 66. Due to this the 64 built Mustangs recieved the nickname of 64 1/2 as time went on. Did Ford advertise them as 64 1/2? Whatever the case (and it doesnt really matter) the Mustangs were sold in 64 and again they celebrated one of Fords biggest sellers that lives on to this day 50 years on in 2014 AND 2015. Sounds like a lot of fun to me Smile

From Wikepdia
 The Ford Mustang was brought out five months before the normal start of the 1965 production year. The early production versions are often referred to as "1964½ models" but all Mustangs were advertised, VIN coded and titled by Ford as 1965 models, though minor design updates for fall 1965 contribute to tracking 1964½ production data separately from 1965 data (see data below). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang#cite_note-9" rel="nofollow - [9] with production beginning in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dearborn,_Michigan" rel="nofollow - Dearborn, Michigan on March 9, 1964; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang#cite_note-10" rel="nofollow - [10] the new car was introduced to the public on April 17, 1964 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang#cite_note-11" rel="nofollow - [11] at the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_New_York_Worlds_Fair" rel="nofollow - New York World's Fair . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang#cite_note-Patton-12" rel="nofollow - [12]

Date Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 4:21pm
So in 2019 there will be celebrations for 50 years of Hornets ? While it was common that cars came out late in the calendar year prior, using that theory to suit a car show is a bit odd. So my 1974 model Gremlin (built Dec 1973) is a 73 model ? No.

Just my 2c.

-------------
1970 Javelin 360/727
2016 Holden Cruze Equipe
2014 Holden Colorado

Date Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 4:36pm
GREMX from South Australia wrote;
So in 2019 there will be celebrations for 50 years of Hornets ? While it was common that cars came out late in the calendar year prior, using that theory to suit a car show is a bit odd. So my 1974 model Gremlin (built Dec 1973) is a 73 model ? No.
Just my 2c

70Hornet; Mate its all about enjoying our cars. The Javelin was sold new to the public 50years ago in 2017 and thats what we are "starting" to celebrate. Its not an official AMC sanctioned show or anything (AMC doesnt exist anymore). It is just an appreciation that 50 years ago you could walk into an AMC dealer and order a new pony car called the Javelin. The Mustang guys and girls had a ball celebrating their 65 Mustangs in 2014 with zero negativitiy I am aware of.

When I do up some history and info for the show magazine etc I will make it clear that even though thet were sold in 1967 making them 50years old they were still designated 68 models. But it cant be denied if some-one such a Maximus7001 bought a Javelin in September 1967 that is isnt 50years old in september 1967? 

Mate literally it is just about kick starting the Javelin celebration and an avenue for happy people to enjoy their cars. Nothing serious. I am sure in the US they will have some shows for the iconic car from 1st jan 2018. But this is near 4 months after they were released. Hope you enjoy your AMC's and we would love to have you come over and enjoy meeting many other interested AMC'ers one day Smile

If I was to buy a birthday cake for your Gremlin then December is the month I would do it Smile 

Date Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 4:49pm
I guess a '50 years of Javelin' celebration can only be good for the AMC marque and raises attention to how old the cars are and yet stand up to scrutiny with their contemporaries.
Plus it will promote discussion as it has here.
All the best for next year!

-------------
1970 Javelin 360/727
2016 Holden Cruze Equipe
2014 Holden Colorado

Date Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by 74gremx 74gremx wrote:

I guess a '50 years of Javelin' celebration can only be good for the AMC marque and raises attention to how old the cars are and yet stand up to scrutiny with their contemporaries.
Plus it will promote discussion as it has here.
All the best for next year!
Thanks GremX. If you are able to you should try to bring one of your cars over. A LOT of people know your name but have never had the chance to meet you (some remember you from your Rampart days and would love to talk again). Let me know when it gets closer if there is anything we can do to help to get you and your brother and a car or two over here next year (if you have parts you wish to sell I can set you up with a site at our AMC section for free).
And yeah it is amazing they are going to be 50years old. When Dianne Wilson first started the Australian Javelin Register in 84 the Javelins were only 10 to 17 year old. Some only 10years old! Wow they felt old and unique even back then but there arnt too many, if any, 10 year old cars now that provoke such passion from their owners. Even the newest AMC (ie 87 model) is now nearing 30years old.
I am just glad that there is still a few old AMC's that survive and unless we start sharing our enthusiasm, knowledge and parts then this may not always be the case.  

Hope to meet you for a chat one day mate. Take care. jason Smile

Date Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 10:03pm
This article about the Rambler Car Club of WA's road trip to the 1994 National Meet in Melbourne was just reprinted in the club magazine. Goes to show anything is possible, maybe time to do this again. Also you will notice many familiar names in the article and it may bring back a few memories of times gone by. By the way, this year is the 25th anniversary of the Rambler Club of WA.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/HardVG/media/Rambler%20Archive/28D0488A-6411-4B4D-886E-032875720643_zps3922vuts.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">  

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/HardVG/media/Rambler%20Archive/32639F2B-B3B5-4C03-9476-8269327A256E_zps7vdhzpxn.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Mrs Javelin
Date Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 11:15pm
Thanks for sharing that article Western Red...it brought back some good memories and  boy haven't we been around a long time - feeling old :-) As for the 50th Anniversary for Javelins I don't think it really matters, my first thoughts were "it should be 2018" bet then I was reminded that the cars were always released ahead of time and some still are today. They talk about 'plated' cars but I don't really think a few months early or late makes much difference - let's celebrate!!!!! Jason has been doing a mammoth job trying to unite the AMC hobby with this annual national event and he deserves to be congratulated. I have already decided that I will be there in 2017 and who knows what 2018 will bring anyway so let's make this something to remember...

Posted By: RUMBLR
Date Posted: Mar/25/2016 at 5:05am
Does anyone know how many of the 90 Australian 68 Javelins were built in 67?

Seem to have build numbers but not build dates.

-------------
343 904 M20 - 11.83@115

Date Posted: Mar/25/2016 at 6:29am
I would be certain that none of the Aussie ones were built in 68, we are really talking about US release and the problem I see is that we wouldn't have any 67 build cars at the show, not really that big of an issue. I have suggested to Jason that we do 50 years of the Rebel next year as they were released in 67, but the problem we might have is getting some Rebels to turn up, there was one there in 2014 and none since. We are already getting a good turnout of Javelins, I'd really like to see a lot more of the other models at the show.

Date Posted: Mar/25/2016 at 2:48pm
Hi everyone
I was trying to work on my car yesterday but i had this niggling thing in my brain slowing me down (yeah any excuse to procrastonate working on the car LOL) about the Javelin 50th party. I made some phone calls, popped out some emails etc to further guage what people thought. While it is fully justified to have a 50th birthday in 2017 for the Javelins (as there is no denying that maximus7001's September built Javelin will be having its 50th birthday in 2017) it could lead to a little confusion because in the US cars get designated a "year model" unlike Australia (letters) and England (which do it in Mark's ie Mark 1, then Mark 2 etc). So in essence the Javelin even though it is 50 next year was designated 68. I am leaning towards Western reds idea as there is a handful of Rebel's I have contact with and maybe there is more then we know and something like a 50th bash for them may drag a few out that havnt been out for awhile. Even if no Rebel's turned up all the AMC's that are at the 4th annual show can party for them and send them pictures Smile.
So while nothing is in concrete yet please put up as much feedback on this forum as you can over the next week (keep it constructive please) and we will assess soon. And whether we celebrate the Javelin's 50th in 2017 or 2018 is irrelevant because the fact there are still a few on the road and driving deserves a celebration every year. I think back to say 1990 and I cant think of too many 50 year old cars on the road back then.

And maximus7001 expect a 50th birthday card for your Javelin in September next year regardless Smile 

Hope everyone is having a happy and relaxing easter

Date Posted: Mar/29/2016 at 10:13pm
How does this sound? Smile

celebrating
50 years of AMC Rebel's 
(1967 to 2017)

and also celebrating

March 17/18/19 2017

This is going to be big!

Date Posted: Mar/30/2016 at 12:40am
Sounds good, any show is better than no show, hopefully next year will be even bigger and better.

Date Posted: Mar/30/2016 at 3:50am
Looks and sounds fine !

(But get rid of the apostrophe in Rebel's)

-------------
1970 Javelin 360/727
2016 Holden Cruze Equipe
2014 Holden Colorado

Date Posted: Mar/31/2016 at 4:51am

celebrating
50 years of AMC Rebel 
(1967 to 2017)

and also celebrating

March 17/18/19 2017

This is going to be big!

Date Posted: Apr/04/2016 at 6:08pm
Jason's Hornet enjoying a little time in the sun yesterday.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/HardVG/media/Rambler%20Spotting/B37B9846-685F-493A-8ABD-0F40D14A820E_zpshc01ns6k.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Better get cracking mate, you only have a year to get it ready for the show. Not sure why you didn't bring it this year, I always enjoy seeing project cars at shows.

Date Posted: Apr/05/2016 at 10:15pm
I am quietly confident I will have it finished for the show next year. I cant' wait to drive it again. It has been over 20 years since I have driven this car on the road.
I think even if it isnt totally finished I will bring it down to the show in 'as is' condition. I nearly did take it down this year and I was going to put a sign on the window "DIDN"T QUITE MAKE IT!" or "THE NIGHT BEFORE JUST WASN"T LONG ENOUGH!" LOL
I have been trial fitting all the replacement panels. That is a NOS right hand guard I got from Jeff Fripp etc. The car should scrub up aok. The only major issues are left hand rear guard that the previuos owner before I bought it back in 2004 done to it when they were bush bashing it and side swiped a stump. And there is some rust in the top of the 'A' pillars I have to cut out but not too bad.
Cant wait!! Smile And it will be doing some miles when I do get it going as I want to take it to Colin's Flemington show, Bright Rod run, my mate who is helping with the panel and paint wants me to take it to the Summernats which I have never been too, and I wouldnt mind even having an adventure over to WA in it once any mechanical "Gremlins" are shoo'd off

Date Posted: Aug/05/2016 at 1:40am
Hi everyone. I have seen a draft of the poster for next years show and it isnt too bad. I have been able to get a Rebel Machine onto the poster but I am not 100% happy with the way the artist done the roof although overall looks pretty good Smile We should have a limited edition poster just for the 4th annual AMC Rambler show all going well but I havnt seen if that is getting done as yet.

Also totally unrelated to AMC's the below facebook page (24th July post) has a little bit about me and my oldman who have both been accepted to take our Mini's to the 50th anniversary of the little bricks winning the big race at Bathurst in 1966

http://www.facebook.com/Minis-at-Bathurst-50th-Anniversary-Event-530655197100541/" rel="nofollow - www.facebook.com/Minis-at-Bathurst-50th-Anniversary-Event-530655197100541/

Hope everyone is well

Jason (70Hornet) Smile

Date Posted: Aug/05/2016 at 6:07pm
Half way to the next show already, amazing how time flies.

It's been pretty quiet here on the forum, good to see you are still plugging away with the project.

Date Posted: Aug/23/2016 at 4:27pm

THIS WEEKEND!

Sunday 28th August
AMC/Rambler Federation Square Melbourne Showcase
10.30am to 3pm

Some of this countries finest AMC 2 door cars on display for all to see.
There is possibly still a spot for a display car. Please PM me asap and I can put you onto Allan Briggs who is organising this great AMC event.

For anyone with half an interest in AMC's, or cars in general, this will be well worth a look. And for passers by in Melbourne on the day will be an awesome sight to see.

Another great show to showcase our often forgotten marque
SmileTongueSmileTongue

Date Posted: Aug/26/2016 at 12:32am
After the Federation Square Show, it's time to set your targets for the AMCs On The Murray, here is the poster:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/HardVG/media/COTM_poster_forCA_PRESS_zpsjpczcksk.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Nov/08/2016 at 11:44pm
Here we go, our own special poster:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/HardVG/media/COTM%202017_zpspicrkrlq.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Nov/09/2016 at 5:20am
Hi Everyone
This will be a limited run of approx 200 copies of the 4th annual AMC show poster/flyer.
Most Australian AMC/Rambler club members and Australian Javelin/AMX register owners should recieve one with their next newsletter. If you do not belong to the club or register and would like a copy please email me. Also if you would like to join the club or register then I can pass on membership application details to you and/or put you in contact with Colin Main or Dianne Wilson. It would be good to have everyone together in one of these Australian AMC organisations to make it easier to keep everyone up to date with AMC/Rambler happenings in Australia and other AMC news and advice and parts

Remember my chosen way of relaying information about the show is through this AMC forum but feel free to send this poster, and any other information/news about the event to anyone else who may be interested, plus club newletters, facebook pages, websites etc etc

Looking forward to seeing everyone again at the 2017 show

Jason (70Hornet) :-)

PS If you own a Rebel or know someone who does it would be great to get a few of these seldom seen cars together. Like any AMC/Rambler/Nash/Hudson that is brought to the show it DOES NOT have to be in show condition. This show is about getting ALL AMC owners together regardless of who they are or what AMC they have or the condition it is in. AMC/Ramblers are so rare to see on the roads now that it is a treat for everyone to see ANY AMC drive, rumble, chug, groan, clunk, be pushed, dragged, or towed into the venue. We want to see them all. :-)

PSS Yes the Rebel name did appear in the 1957 to 60 models and then again as an option on the Classic Hardtop in 1966 but it is the mainstream 1967 onwards models we are celebrating as a 50th birthday. We will certainly mention the earlier models where appropriate but I dont think any live in Australia? (Let me know if any do). So I suppose it is a 50th and 60th birthday with a focus more on the Rebel's that we are familiar with here in Australia which are the 67 onwards models. Really the show is a celebration of ALL AMC's so should be fun no matter which way you want to look at it Smile 

The poster/flyer isnt printed yet (will be in next day or so) so i could change it to 60th if people feel that way?

Date Posted: Nov/09/2016 at 5:30am

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/HardVG/media/COTM%202017_zpspicrkrlq.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Nov/09/2016 at 10:40pm

Hi again

#The AMC poster/flyer was essentially a compromise of cost and time to achieve what we did. The original art format for the COTM poster made it very hard to change and manipulate into the AMC one. The AMC one should contain the website and location but I am hoping anyone with a real interest will google "Chryslers on the Murray" or even better have a chat with a fellow AMC owner. You never know what can blossom from a simple chat with another person. Also the 200 AMC copies when printed will be attached to the original 6 page COTM brochure when sent out. The AMC one is a single page as it was cost prohibitive this time around to have our own 6 page pamphlet so a compromise was made to attach the single page flyer to the original COTM one which has all the details ie website and location etc on it. The 2018 50th anniversary Javelin/AMX one should be a lot better but I reckon our first one was a good start Smile

#Some good news is there is a genuine 58 Rebel due in Australia in the coming weeks. Even though we are advertising the 50th annivesary from 1967 this 58 car would be MOST welcome at the AMC/rambler show next year and I will certainly be mentioning the early Rebel's in the history of these cars which is from what I have read so far VERY intersting (Lets talk EFI on a car in 1957!!! Thats EFI not Mechanical injection like the Chevs in 57). Also there is a genuine SC/360 Hornet due in OZ soon. A replica Rebel Machine getting done in Victoria. Wow some heavy hitters on the way. Loving it!! Smile

#As an aside I have been busy enjoying my Mini and there is a photo of my Mini in the latest Australian Muscle Car magazine (issue91) on page 103 when I was a part of the special parade lap for the 50th anniversary of Mini Bathurst victory in 1966. I also had the little car at Bright Rod Run last weekend and there is some photo's floating about of this on the internet still all dressed up in the Bathurst livery

jase Smile

Date Posted: Jan/08/2017 at 3:23pm
Hi everyone. Hope your Christmas and new years has had plenty of positives whatever they may be i.e. adventure, relaxing or getting some work done on your cars. The recent edition of Restored cars (Number 240 Jan/Feb) has a 2 page article on last years show. When I wrote it I had to do it for the show as a whole so it is not all about AMC's this time around unfortunately although I snuck them in everywhere I could.

Not long until the 4th annual AMC/Rambler show. Because I only use this forum (personal choice and time constraints) please help all us AMC/Rambler owners spread the word via facebook groups, emails, club newsletters, word of mouth, stop in and visit the owner of the Rambler you see in the carport down the road etc so that everyone who owns an AMC/Rambler in Australia knows about, and has the opportunity to be part of,this event to show the wider community these seldom seen, heard of and often forgotten cars

See you all soon

Date Posted: Feb/07/2017 at 1:00am
Hi everyone

Keep them entry forms coming in. I havnt heard how many AMC's so far yet but a Rebel hardtop has apparently entered for Top 5 US and its not Keith Minne's son's nice gold one (which I hope can make it to the show too). Who'sever Rebel hardtop it is it sounds like a nice car so looking forward to seeing it at the show.Will be awesome to get a handful of Rebels together.   

Please anyone who reads this feel free to spread news of the show around for ALL AMC owners so everyone can be involved. There are still many owners that don't use the internet. And many that don't read this forum. For me to spread the word myself, through all avenues, is impossible so the AMC/Rambler community as whole would benefit greatly if we can all help spread news of the show through Facebook, emails, phone calls, club newsletters, knocking on the door of the house that you have seen an AMC at and introducing yourself. To have everyone involved, or at least aware that the show exists will in the long run keep all these great cars going for many years to come.

Only a few weeks to go :-)

Date Posted: Feb/07/2017 at 6:31pm
Couple of West Aussies heading over for a look I hear, not me this time, don't think they are taking any cars.

Posted By: Amx nz
Date Posted: Feb/08/2017 at 9:29am
Hi Jason.    I will have to pass this year , too much on this year with the cars and family weddings over here in NZ but next year for sure. MAD MAX is just about finished and need to post progress pics but I seem to have so much problems doing so ,if you want some pic I will email you a heap of pics for you to share with others. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the show.        Doug

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Feb/19/2017 at 11:26pm
Hi everyone. Wow only 4 weeks to go until one of the rare occasions that a few AMC's get together in the one place again. It is a highlight of the year for sure.

For anyone interested there is a "Chryslers on the Murray" special seminar night they do at the SS&A club each year after the super cruise on the Saturday night which has included some very interesting and famous speakers. This year is no exception with Eddie Ford (Restored cars etc) as one of the presenters and will be talking about some of his experiences with Chryslers (and maybe even AMC's) and showing some rare personal photo's of some of the cars he has had connections with over his very well lived lifetime. Also David Kilderry who owns Dandenong Drive-Ins in Melbourne is showing some ultra rare old original Chrysler ads and mini films some of which haven't been seen since they first were shown in cinema's decades ago. He is even setting up an old projector to be able to present them as they haven't, and possibly will never be, transferred to another media. He has a huge range of old films. Some that Chrysler US has even been after. It will be an amazing night that we can then all follow up with the night cruising that takes place along Wodonga place. That time of night is electric with all sorts if cars cruising the "boulevard".

Date Posted: Feb/21/2017 at 5:05am
For the first time in the shows history, and for anyone contemplating bringing the family to the show this year will feature
FREE KIDS RIDES
 Saturday AND Sunday ALL day
plus FREE face painting and balloons etc on the sunday
And the coffee and food outlets are near the rides so mum or dad can relax and let the kids go wild. For anyone with kids I think its a great idea so it frees the parents up a little to enjoy looking at the 700 cars at the venue and the kids don't get bored. Fun fun fun Smile 

Black AMX
Also I can confirm that the recently imported ultra low mileage black AMX has officially booked in and will be at the show. I have only seen one photo of this car at Bright Rod Run and seen it drive past me down the street and it is a tough looking car and many are looking forward to seeing it in person Smile

Not long to go :-)

Date Posted: Feb/22/2017 at 2:32pm

New Old Stock
AMC/Rambler/Nash/Hudson
parts from MASCOT MOTORS
at show 

Steve Fripp who now handles all of the old Mascot Motors parts has indicated there is a good chance (80% to be exact Smile) that he will be down at the show with a ute and trailer load of NOS, New, recoed and second hand parts for many of our AMC/Rambler/Nash/Hudson cars. He will set up a swap site under the AMC tent at the show. If you are travelling to the show with a car or just as a spectator and need a part then Steve says he can bring it down for you which would save you postage especially if its a larger item like a NOS panel or window. He has over 30,000 parts with many of these NOS ie panels, windows, door hinges, AMC labelled coils, hubcaps, lots of stainless mouldings etc. He has over 80 grilles from various models!. He even has NOS parts dating back to 30's Nash's and Hudsons. It is amazing what he has and well worth a call. And the more calls he recieves the more chance he will definately be at the show and the more good stuff he will know to bring down for us to have a look at and possibly buy Tongue 

Steve Fripp (Rambler Spares) 0477090874

Spread this around on the facebook pages, club emails etc. Once some of this NOS stuff is gone its gone. Steve is ultra keen to help people out now and WILL return ALL calls. The boys had a busy time where they found it hard to keep up with the their AMC parts business due to there main daily jobs but Steve is on board and ready to service the Australian and US AMC/Rambler owners to keep cars going and help get them on the road. Looking forward to having him at the show again

Date Posted: Feb/24/2017 at 9:51pm

Australian Muscle Car magazine

"BIG BAD Orange" Hornet
will be at show
Rob Mackay's 1 family owned Hornet that was a feature car in the Australian Muscle Car magazine will be at the show for all to see. Rob's dad bought this car brand new and is still in mostly original condition. One of the very few Australian assembled Hornets left in near original condition. Will be great to see Smile

PLUS

"Improved" NASH Metropolitan
to have a go on the Dyno
Yep you read that right. Not something you see everyday. Should be fun to see the little 'Improved" NASH strut its stuff Smile

PLUS
FREE KIDS RIDES
(see previous post for more details)

PLUS

Ultra low mileage
1970 Black AMX
to be at show

PLUS

New Old Stock
AMC/Rambler/Nash/Hudson
parts from MASCOT MOTORS
at show 

(see previous post)

3 weeks to go Tongue

Date Posted: Mar/01/2017 at 4:10am
Steve Fripp is definitely coming down with a ute and trailer load of parts. If there is something you are after ring him asap so he can sort through his 30,000 parts (most are New Old Stock) and bring down for you to look at. If you know someone visiting the show and not bringing a car let them know they can also order from Steve. Steve just needs to know from car owners what he needs to fit on ute or trailer. I am looking forward to having a look through the AMC/Rambler parts. It is not everyday you can have a rummage through a heap of NOS AMC parts these days. Great stuff

After ANYthing for your AMC/NASH/Hudson/Rambler? then call Steve Fripp asap before the show. (Rambler Spares) 0477090874

See you all soon

Also if, like all of us, you haven't seen an early 80's Concorde Wagon then after the show you will be able to say you have. Wow, something else you don't see everyday :-)

Date Posted: Mar/05/2017 at 9:10pm
Not long to go now. Approx 500 cars entered so far apparently with still just under 2 weeks to go. We should have approx 25 to 30 AMC's by the looks of it. More then you will see all together anywhere else in Australia that's for sure :-)

GremX will we all get to see Australia's neatest Gremlin over here this year?

If you after accommodation the Australia Park Motel has re-opened and can be contacted on 60216000. This is good price Motel and is a prime Motel to get for the weekend as it is on the Saturday Night cruise strip and not far from the actual show venue

Don't forget the Seminar night which starts at 7.30pm at the SS&A club which features Eddie Ford this year. And also David Kilderry who will be showing some old Chrysler footage not seen since they were shown in cinema's and drive-ins decades ago. Will be an amazing night

If your car only gets out for one main drive (or tow) a year then you should make this show the one and get to meet other AMC/Rambler owners and enthusiasts in a relaxed weekend atmosphere. There is plenty to do or choose to do nothing at all and just soak up the atmosphere at the Sunday show. ALL AMC/Ramblers are welcome in any condition. And if you display your car over the weekend you are NOT stuck at the venue like many other shows and are free to come and go as you please. It is a very relaxed type of show and well worth the trip. treat yourself to a weekend away and see you all soon :-)

Date Posted: Mar/07/2017 at 9:45pm
If you feel more comfortable emailing Steve Fripp about the ex-Mascot Motors NOS AMC/Rambler parts he is bringing to the show his email is

frippy1974@gmail.com

Although he is mainly sorting parts for car owners and visitors who are going to be at the show at the moment on a first in first served basis. Some cool stuff by the sounds of it to get a car going. Or to keep as spares. Or even some interesting items for the coffee table.

See you all soon :-)

Date Posted: Mar/14/2017 at 5:03pm

Almost there! Tongue

Weather supposed to be PERFECT ALL weekend

Still plenty off Accomodation in and around town

ANYone, with ANY AMC/Rambler/NASH/Hudson, in ANY condition can enter the show ANY time over the weekend.
If you think you will be later then 11am on the sunday please ask for me when you get to the gates or contact me beforehand

Australian Muscle Car magazine "BIG BAD Orange" Hornet will be at show
Rob Mackay's 1 family owned Hornet that was a feature car in the Australian Muscle Car magazine will be at the show for all to see. Rob's dad bought this car brand new and is still in mostly original condition. One of the very few Australian assembled Hornets left in near original condition. Will be great to see Smile

PLUS

"Improved" NASH Metropolitan
to have a go on the Dyno
Yep you read that right. Not something you see everyday. Should be fun to see the little 'Improved" NASH strut its stuff Smile

PLUS
FREE KIDS RIDES

PLUS

Ultra low mileage 1970 Black AMX
to be at show

PLUS

New Old Stock
AMC/Rambler/Nash/Hudson
parts from MASCOT MOTORS
at show 
After ANYthing for your AMC/NASH/Hudson/Rambler? then call Steve Fripp asap before the show. (Rambler Spares) 0477090874 so he can have a look for the part and bring it down

PLUS

Eddie Ford and ultra rare cinema footage

Saturday night’s annual Chrysler's on the Murray special 25th anniversary seminar this year features racing driver from the day Geoff Sutherland who bought an E49 new and still owns the car today. Followed by Eddie Ford from Restored cars, Custom Rodder, Custom Vans and Trucks, with some interesting photo’s and stories of his times with Chrysler's. Eddie will be followed by an extra special presentation by David Kilderry (owner of Dandenong Drive-Ins) who will be bringing his old school film projector and showing some original Chrysler Ads and film that hasn’t been seen since they were shown at Cinema’s and Drive-Ins near 50 years ago. David collects old and rare films and ads and even Chrysler US is after some of his rare gems. Don’t bother trying to find what he is going to show on YouTube coz it isn’t there. This is one NOT to be missed and the Super Bee photo is a small taste of what to expect from David’s original film he will be showing on Saturday night. The seminar starts at 7.30pm after the Super-cruise which concludes in the SS&A car-park. The seminar at the SS&A club is on a first in first seated basis.

American Graffitti style cruising

Saturday night after the seminar there is an amazing cruising atmosphere especially up and down Albury main street (Dean Street) and the main cruising location off that is called 'Wodonga Place". All types of cars etc come out and cruise around. Chryslers, AMC's, Hotrods, all sorts. The weather is supposed to be near perfect so will be an amazing night

PLUS

President of WA AMC/Rambler club flying over for a visit

Bob Tiedtke president of the WA AMC/Rambler club is apparently flying all the way over from WA for a look. It is always good to meet up with the various states. so if you would like to chat to Bob about all things AMC and in WA etc now is your chance.  

PLUS

COTM now on facebook
https://m.facebook.com/chryslersonthemurrayofficial/" rel="nofollow - https://m.facebook.com/chryslersonthemurrayofficial/
to help keep up to date with other goings on

PLUS
Would love to crack 30 cars!!

While we had near 30 saying they were definatly coming, as per last year we have lost a few in recent days with other commitments, car troubles etc etc. We should still have between the 20 to 25 but I am putting the call out for at least another 5 more cars and lets break the 30 mark Tongue. Anyone reading this cut and paste the whole lot onto any AMC related facebook page, club email, mates email etc. While I am fully aware that most people are holding off until next years 50th Javelin/AMX celebration lets get some of these cars out of garages and in plain sight for everyone to see this year too. They attract some great attention at the show as so few people know anything about them. If its only one weekend a year to get it out then could be it. Drive it, trailer it in ANY condition and the beauty of this show is you are free to come and go anytime over the weekend as you please. It is not one of them stringent shows where you are stuck for the day. It really is a great relaxing weekend where you can mix it with many other AMC/rambler owners

See you all soon

Jason Smile.

Date Posted: Mar/17/2017 at 8:03am
Bit of a heads op for the show in Friday's Herald Sun newspaper:

Date Posted: Mar/17/2017 at 8:09am
Jason has been busy putting a bit of a sign board together for the show:

Date Posted: Mar/17/2017 at 8:44am
Some early arrivals,

Graham Stevenson's 71 Javelin at the Friday track day:

Craig Norling, Imported 1970 AMX

Concord Wagon I think:

Steve Fripp with a Jeep load of Rambler parts:

And this very interesting Jeep, which was the very last one off the production line in Australia:

Posted By: RamblerSpares
Date Posted: Mar/17/2017 at 3:22pm
Steven Fripp is the man with the parts today. I hope to be there next year with 2 cars....

-------------
Jeff Fripp
1970 Ambassador Coupe
1969 Rebel sedan
1957 Hudson Hornet
ramblerspares@optusnet.com.au

Date Posted: Mar/17/2017 at 5:31pm
Early start, some of Steve's Jeep load of parts:

Date Posted: Mar/17/2017 at 9:38pm
Good turnout of cars so far at Chryslers on the Murray. Sunday is traditionally the biggest day of the show so there is still time to go if you can't make it today and are within striking distance of Albury. There is bound to be lots of action around town tonight too.

PS: I'm not there in case you are wondering, the pictures are courtesy of Jason.

Date Posted: Mar/19/2017 at 10:59pm
More of the crowd from Saturday:

And a few more nice parts:

Date Posted: Mar/20/2017 at 12:27am
Thanks again to Western Red for putting photo's up for a computer illiterate individual. Me!. There is plenty more to come and I will slowly attach some captions to near all of them

In the meantime enjoy the show from the air with these special clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJITQfy5Tds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AshGYiSRdCQ\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tbDVF44K78

Date Posted: Mar/20/2017 at 11:26pm
Let's start Sunday off with some Hudson action:

Then the rest of the crowd:

Date Posted: Mar/20/2017 at 11:30pm
Then a couple good old boys decided to line up and have a shot at the dyno:

Date Posted: Mar/20/2017 at 11:33pm
And then it was Metro time:

Posted By: SirDigger
Date Posted: Mar/21/2017 at 1:08am
Love the Metropolitan on the Dyno...

-------------
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360

Posted By: idrambler
Date Posted: Mar/21/2017 at 11:03am
Great pictures...thanks for posting....

-------------
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727

Date Posted: Mar/22/2017 at 4:40am

4th annual AMC/Rambler show; Day 1

The annual Australian AMC/Rambler show conveniently, and unashamedly, piggy backs on the largest Chrysler show outside of North America being the "Chrysler's on the Murray" which is now in its 25th year in 2017
Friday the 17th is day 1 of the show and starts with some track time down at the local Australian TAFE Motorsport complex which is still in its infancy but does boast some world class training facilities and a 1.6km CAMS approved racetrack.
There is lap sprints with about 5 or so cars at a time going as hard as they can which caters for all sorts of cars from a Dodge Nascar, Muscle cars, 4cylinder Galant's, even an old 30's Dodge had a putt around the track for some fun. After the lap sprints they have a Go to Whoa. I think as a spectator it is a bit slow to watch BUT I reckon the lap sprints and Go to Whoa would be great fun if you were competing. Cant wait to get my 70Hornet going!! Tongue

Out of interest the TAFE has applied to lay down a 1/8th mile drag strip. Bring it on!!!!Big smile

Photo above is the only AMC I saw down at the complex. This was Graham Stevenson just rocking into town from Melbourne in his tough Javelin and saw the turn-off to the "Logic Centre" as it is called (as it is situated in a trucking/logistics area) and decided to have a look. Was good to have a chat with Graham at the track and see my first AMC of the show. People stopped in their tracks at the venue as these hump Javelin's certainly stand out in amongst all the Chryslers.

PS I will be updating some of these show posts as time goes on so it feel free to re-visit as I may have added some fresh and interesting extra info. That is one good thing about Forum is that it is easy to go back through the history and enjoy re-reading and looking back at old photo's. I find facebook very difficult , almost impossible to do that.
Also please feel free to put these posts on any club websites, facebook pages, on your shed or dunny wall etc Tongue

Date Posted: Mar/22/2017 at 4:56am
4th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show; Day 1 PT2

After the racetrack activities and everyone has had a quick freshen up and cruise through town the actual show venue at Gateway Lakes  is open from 6pm to 8pm for early check-ins and registering for the weekend show. It is a relaxed atmosphere and food/drinks are available and is almost a car show in itself with cars coming and going for the whole 2 hours. The idea of the friday is to pre-register as many as possible to make it easier to get all the 700 or so cars into the venue quickly and efficiently on the saturday/sunday. 
Also in the main tent they had a fella by the name of Rick Ehrenberg (AKA E-Booger) who is TechEditor of Mopar Action Magazine who came all the way over from the US to do a Q&A seminar plus he was also on hand most of the weekend answering anyone's Chrysler questions and hung around the dyno helping with advice to get your car going better
Gateway Lakes itself is a beautiful and picturesque venue that lends itself well to such a big event producing a great atmosphere for car owners and visitors alike

Some of the AMC's that rocked up on the friday

Craig Norling, Imported 1970 AMX

1982 Concord Wagon

Steve Fripps Australian assembled JEEP

And this very interesting Jeep below , which was the very last one off the production line in Australia:

I will be putting more info up on each of the cars later when I get to day3 Smile

After the Friday check-in there is a whole lot of cruising through the main street of town (Dean Street) and along Wodonga Place where people line the street in deck chairs etc and soak up the American Graffiti style atmosphere. I went out in my 72 HQ Holden (seen in Grahams pic above. Its my birthday car. Everyone should have a car from the year they were born Smile) and the amount of cars and people out was amazing. Lots of variety of cars too. Chrysler's, Fords, Hot Rods, Holden's, Chev's to name a few. Great night but the best was yet to come and that is the Saturday night cruising Tongue

Steve Fripp was in a Motel on the Wodonga Place strip and all he could hear all night was engines roaring and tyres squealing. Sounds good to me!!Tongue  And one lost it very early in the morning and slammed a tree and light pole. By the time Steve got out to look it was gone. Rumour is that it was a local Commodore. Steve was a bit tired when he rocked up on the Saturday morning to start setting up his AMC NOS parts display due to all that car V8 music to his ears Smile

PS I will be updating some of these show posts as time goes on so feel free to re-visit as I may have added some fresh and interesting extra info. That is one good thing about AMCForum is that it is easy to go back through the history and enjoy re-reading and looking back at old photo's. I find facebook very difficult , almost impossible to do that.Also please feel free to put these posts on any club websites, facebook pages, on your shed or dunny wall etc Tongue

Date Posted: Mar/22/2017 at 5:24am
4th annual AMC/Rambler show; DAY2

Back in the day after they stopped selling AMC's in Australia there was 2 main places to buy AMC parts to keep your car going. One was Rampart in South Australia which closed only a couple of years ago and then there was Mascot Motors who sold second hand cars, carried out mechanical work and also had a huge inventory of AMC parts. These NOS parts were bought up by the Fripp brothers a few years ago and we were lucky enough for Steve to bring down a "small" sample of what he has. Literally what you see here is less then 5% of what they have acquired from the old Mascot Motors parts store

After a night of listening to roaring engines and tyres Steve starts to set-up his New, New Old Stock, 2nd hand and reconditioned AMC/Rambler parts stall

Cant be too many NOS Matador X rear panels left in the world? Or try some NOS Rebel guards, NOS Hornet guards, Matador X guard, Javelin panel under bumper, Classic door skin, etc etc. This was only some of what he has

Not quite organized yet but dude rocking up for a look

That is some NOS Hornet rear side windows on right hand side. And boxes and boxes of boot locks, door hinges, latches, handles, engine parts, rods, linkages, rubbers, clips, nuts, bolts, grilles, lenses, electricla switches, knobs etc

The American Motors banner is courtesy of Mrs "Javelin" Dianne Wilson who lent it to me for the shows. Looked great above Steve's stall

Snuck in some original Aussie Charger wheels for good measure

NEW OLD STOCK door trims for all sorts. Full sets, Matador X coupe NOS, plus many many more. What some people fail to realise now is it doesn't matter if they are incorrect colour as the dye paints today far exceed the quality they used to be and it is easy to tranform most of these to the colour that you need for your car. The only one's that can be difficult are the one's that have a carpet strip at the bottom. Many of these NOS door trims could be used even just for the new backing or many even had NOS side window rubbers attached  to them!!

Lot's of little bits and peices many in as new condition and perfect as a spare or to keep your AMC in tip top shape

NEW OLD STOCK Australian AMI Rambler hubcaps. As rare as AMC's turning up to a show in Australia LOL These are truly amazing in that they have survived still wrapped into the year 2017

Steve has many more parts and looking to stock up and maybe even reproduce some parts down the track. He is also has a few parts cars on top of this!
Steve Fripp ex Mascot Motors AMC/Rambler/Hudson/Nash parts 0477090874 or frippy1974@gmail.com and say Jase sent you Tongue

PS I will be updating some of these show posts as time goes on so feel free to re-visit as I may have added some fresh and interesting extra info. That is one good thing about AMCForum is that it is easy to go back through the history and enjoy re-reading and looking back at old photo's. I find facebook very difficult , almost impossible to do that.Also please feel free to put these posts on any club websites, facebook pages, on your shed or dunny wall etc Tongue

Date Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 3:18am
4th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show; Day2 PT2

A few years back the Saturday never amounted to much with only a couple of hundred cars on hand with most of the others cruising the town and surrounding areas sight seeing. The last few years however has seen Saturday explode into a show within itself with around 80% of the total weekend cars in attendance. By the end of Saturday 692 cars had entered! Which was a record for that day and with the show record being 737 on the Sunday last year could it be beaten this year? We had to wait until mid Sunday to find out

An awesome variety of AMC's rolled in to stun the also huge Saturday crowd in attendance. I cant remember exactly how many AMC's attended on the Saturday but I think it was about 17 which was near a record turn out for the Saturday AMC's as well. I breathed a sigh of relief as I knew we still had some cool cars to rock in on Sunday so we would at least get into the 20's. The reason numbers were looking to be a bit lower then usual is that everyone had indicated they were gearing up for next years big one- 50years of the Javelin/AMX!! Tongue I will talk about this later but if my calculations are correct we will have over 60 cars next year!! In fact I will be aiming for at least that many and smash the Australian record of 51 AMC's in the 1 spot. More of that later and I would love all AMC/Rambler owners in Australia to really get behind the shows provided for you (ie this one, Colin Mains Flemington show and Garry Murphys Cooly Rocks and the WA all Chrysler day) as they provide a means to see other cars for ideas, meet other owners and to learn more about cars or even your car in particular and of course parts and advice. Together we can keep these old girls going forever for future generations to also appreciate. Plus it gives us a chance to show these ultra rare cars off to the wider community who essentially know nothing about them. It gives a great deal of satisfaction to me hearing an AMC owner telling a visitor about AMC's and/or their car. They near hang on every word and go away with at least some appreciation of what they are. There is no point keeping AMC's as an unknown marque as it will only hurt the preservation of these vehicles into the future as no-one will have any association with them as us old owners pass on.

While we were all drooling over some ace AMC's there were some sneaky judges doing their thing in, around, under, and through the quality field of AMC's that had entered for Judging including a mint black AMX, mint 70 Hornet, Rob Mackays Australian Muscle Car featured Hornet, Restored AMI Rebel, Graham's tough 71 Javelin to name a few. I would so hate to be the judge. Who won? you will have to wait and find out. We actually had to wait until 2pm on the Sunday for the trophy ceremony 

Great selection of AMC noses

Would be hard to judge best AMC Rambler from these lot

with 2017 being 50years since the Rebel was released it was great having this Australian assembled Rebel on hand on the Saturday

Some more amazing parts on hand from Steve Fripp. A small selection of NOS AMC/Rambler lenses. There is a heap of different ones in the boxes too from Rebel's, Classics, Matador's, Javelin etc etc. BRAND NEW!!! Tongue It was an experience just to have a rummage through so many NOS AMC parts, Certainly not something you get to do every day

After lunch many cars head out to the old Ettamogah pub at Table Top which I didnt attend but I heard some great stories

The super cruise around the Albury/Wodonga area I didn't hear much about

I attended the seminar at the SS&A club with Eddie Ford (Restored cars magazine), Geoff Sutherland (bought and raced an E38 new and still owns car) and David Kilderry who owns Dandenong Drive-Ins in Melbourne who done a very entertaining talk and showed some vintage Chrysler film on an old projector

Then it was onto the Saturday night cruising. I was outside the club and the Big Bad Black AMX came roaring past which was an awesome start to the night. I cruised around in my father in laws 1976 Plymouth Volare T-Top with the tops off as it was such a beautiful night. The amount of cars and people out was nothing short of incredible. Its not everyday you see a Plymouth Superbird parked in the local petrol station flanked by a super tough drag Cuda with many others roaring off from the lights together. American Graffiti eat your heart out and if you are ever in town on the show weekend the Wodonga Place after dark on the Saturday night is the place to be. I didnt get into bed until 12.30am Sunday morning and I could have stayed out longer

I didn't get much sleep. How many more cars will turn up? Will we break the show record of 737? How hot is it going to be? Who is going to come 1st,2nd and 3rd in the best AMC/Rambler category? Will anymore Rebel's turn up such as the tough red/black one I was talking to during the week? Should I have drag raced that VF valiant at the lights in my father in laws Volare? Should I get back up and go down the street and do some more cruising? Tongue

But with my alarm set for 5am I had to get some AMZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz'z LOL

Posted By: Mostly last.
Date Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 4:18am
Just got home from Chryslers on the Murray.
5,911 km since we left home ( Near Cairns, Nth QLD ) early Friday morning.
Was it worth it ?
Yes, definately. Co-pilot and I have never been to a big car show like that.
Thanks to all the friendly AMC people we met and asked questions about their cars.
Learnt alot. Will be back. John.

Posted By: SirDigger
Date Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 4:48am
Cool Pictures...  Sometime in Future I may drop by... 

-------------
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360

Date Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 7:26pm
Hi guys, the YouTube links are for Bruno Mars clips and others???

Date Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Mrs Javelin Mrs Javelin wrote:

Hi guys, the YouTube links are for Bruno Mars clips and others???

Hi Dianne
I will look into that. Maybe something I done. I just copy and pasted links. Try "Dion Sey Youtube" and there will be 3 drone aerial clips looking over the show which looks amazing. Let me know how that goes

Anyhow I will try to find correct links, and figure out what I have done, and put up very soon. Jase Smile

5minutes later Smile..........try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evDtG2MsaRE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJITQfy5Tds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AshGYiSRdCQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tbDVF44K78

Let me know if Bruno mars cranks out another tune Tongue

Date Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 7:35pm
Thanks Jason, it was actually my IT skills letting me down LOL I posted the link in the youtube search...
This one takes you to all of Dion's clips...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSC87VeEg41FjFxGD3ubnOg

Dianne.

Date Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 7:40pm

Thanks Jason, try this...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSC87VeEg41FjFxGD3ubnOg

Dianne.
I know he put them up and took them down again as he was able to edit them better so maybe that's what happened. I will check out above one which looks different link again Smile

Date Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 8:35pm
Hi Jason...me again :-)
I do n't suppose you have dates for 2018 yet???
I'm just putting the finishing touches to the next issue of ON TARGET and would love to put a "Save the Date" in for everyone.
Cheers.

Just went looking for your report on Day 3...any chance in the next day or so then I can finish the newsletter...Please!!!

Date Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 8:46pm

Hi Jason...me again :-)
I do n't suppose you have dates for 2018 yet???
I'm just putting the finishing touches to the next issue of ON TARGET and would love to put a "Save the Date" in for everyone.
Cheers.

Just went looking for your report on Day 3...any chance in the next day or so then I can finish the newsletter...Please!!!

Hi Dianne

Pressure is on! Tongue  Yeah there is no Day3 yet. I will try to get it done for you. Takes a bit of time. I could send a brief run down for you hopefully tonight if you wish?

Dates for the 5th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show are 16th/17th/18th March 2018
The show is a celebration of ALL things AMC but next year is also the celebration of 50years of the Javelin and AMX!!! Smileand should be huge. Literally just the contacts I have that have said they will be there next year equals over 60 cars!!! of ALL models too and that doesn't include Colin's, yours and Allan Briggs etc contacts/owners. I will actually go through next week or so and tally the approximate amount of each model that have indicated they are coming. The record for AMC's in one spot in Australia is 51 and I am putting the call out that we make Australian AMC history and beat that by a mile Tongue  Wish we didnt have to wait a year

I will try to get a short story to you in next day or so

Date Posted: Mar/24/2017 at 2:20am
DAY 3
Main event- 4th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show 2017

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/HardVG/media/COTM%202017_zpspicrkrlq.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">       ff        

Quick pre show story- 5am rise and shine!!!! I like to arrive down at the venue at 6am to set-up, clean up a bit from yesterday and sort any other things out here and there. Anyhow always things to do. I drove down in my normal daily car and my father in law not far behind me in his Plymouth Volare all cleaned up for the show. As far as we know the only factory T-top Plymouth Volare in Australia. Anyhow I am almost at Gateway lakes when I get a call from Pete (father in law). ""Jase I've had an accident"". He told me where he thought he was so I fly back up the freeway looking over the other side for his car when I see a white flash. There in the nature strip in the middle of the freeway is a rare as rocking horse poo Plymouth Volare buried deep in the shrubs that divide the two directions. I swung straight around and drove the wrong way along the highway (it was dark and very few cars around) and pulled up where the car was. Pete wasnt out of the car and was a bit shocked. He had clipped a dead Kangaroo which catapulted him into the shrubs. He has hit a larger trunk which flicked him 180 back onto road and back into bush to do some more deforestation. We just got him out (thanks to NO help from ANYONE driving past) and drove car to the show. I told him to leave all the tree branches and stuff in back seat and walk away and enjoy the day as he was intending to do. He did and car is now in a panel beaters in Wagga getting assessed. At this stage it will make a full recovery. SmilePete is aok too

Which now brings us to the main part of the show.............

The main day broke ALL records for the Chrysler show and easily cemented itself as THE largest Chrysler show outside of North America.

741 cars all up with 22 of these being AMC's

While the weeks leading up to the show from car owners I was expecting around 32 cars a few had to pull out with other commitments and car troubles. In the end we had 22 amazing AMC's of all sorts. The variety is what made the smaller number insignificant. We had

1 American

1 64 Ambassador sedan

3 Javelins

2 AMX's

4 JEEPS

1 Nash Metropolitan

4 Classic's (including a rare AMI hardtop)

2 Hornet's

1 55 Hudson Hornet

1 82 Concord wagon

1 Matador X coupe

1 AMI Rebel

I will do a quick story on each of these over the next week or so. Including a story on Graham's Javelin and the NASH going head to head on the dyno. And, even though the show isn't about trophies unless you want it to be, right at the end I will reveal who came 1st/2nd and 3rd for the 4th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show

TongueSTAY TUNEDTongue

Date Posted: Mar/24/2017 at 2:32am
Not a pretty sight:

Hopefully it can be repaired as good as new.

Date Posted: Mar/24/2017 at 2:48am
That is my father in laws Plymouth Volare T-Top in photo above. Almost looks OK in that photo but side damage is fairly extensive. The car has been in Australia since new having been imported and converted to RHD by a "high up" US fella so his wife had something to do the shopping in. It is near all original but the maroon stripes have been added at some stage. I put the "Caution" tape with "Roo's" (IE Kangaroo's) after each word to help lighten Pete up. I think it worked. He is still talking to his son in law so it didnt go the other way anyhow Tongue

Graham Stevenson laughs in the face of mechanical danger

More on the Javelin/NASH shoot-out soon Smile
Was great to see 2 AMC's having a crack on the dyno
And as you can see from photo above the owners had a ball

Date Posted: Mar/24/2017 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Mostly last. Mostly last. wrote:

Just got home from Chryslers on the Murray.
5,911 km since we left home ( Near Cairns, Nth QLD ) early Friday morning.
Was it worth it ?
Yes, definately. Co-pilot and I have never been to a big car show like that.
Thanks to all the friendly AMC people we met and asked questions about their cars.
Learnt alot. Will be back. John.

Hi John. Yeah it was a pleasure to meet you guys and glad to hear you enjoyed your time at the show. Sorry I don't get to chat to much as I do have a bit to do over the course of the show. I really enjoy doing it though and I do get great satisfaction from hearing about people like yourself who also had a good time and most of all were able to meet some like minded AMC owners and swap stories and ideas and look at some other AMC's which are a rare sight wherever you go. Who knows maybe one day we will see your Hornet in the metal down here at the show.

Take care and maybe catch up again next year
Jason Smile

Date Posted: Mar/24/2017 at 6:58pm
4th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show 2017
 22 car salute starts here Tongue

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 4:51am
Car 1 of 22- Australian built Rambler American

Will put more info up on cars soon

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 4:56am
Car 2 of 22- Australian built 1982 Jeep

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 4:57am
Car 3 of 22- Australian built 1970 Javelin

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 4:59am
Car 4 of 22- Australian built 1966 Classic

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:01am
Car 5 of 22- US 1982 AMC Concord wagon

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:02am
Car 5 of 22- Australian built 1984 Jeep

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:05am
Car 7 of 22- Australian built Javelin

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:07am
Car 8 of 22- Australian built Classic (Purple one on the right)

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:08am
Car 9 of 22 - 1955 Hudson Hornet

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:10am
Car 10 of 22- 1954 Nash Metropolitan

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:12am
Car 11 of 22- Australian assembled Jeep

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:14am
Car 12 of 22- US 4 door 1964 Ambassador

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:15am
Car 13 of 22- US 1970 AMX

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:17am
Car 14 of 22- Rare Australian Motor Industries imported Classic hardtop

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:18am
Car 15 of 22- Australian built Matador X

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:20am
Car 16 of 22- Australian built Jeep (the actual last EVER AMC off an Australian production line)

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:21am
Car 17 of 22- US 1971 Javelin

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:23am
Car 18 of 22- Australian built 1973 Rambler Hornet

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:24am
Car 19 of 22- Australian built 1970 Rebel

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:26am
Car 20 of 22- US 1970 AMX

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:28am
Car 21 of 22- Australian built 1970 Hornet

Date Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 5:37am
Car 22 of 22- Australian built Classic

Photo coming soon

About half of the AMC's were entered for street judging. Which cars were 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Coming soon Tongue

Date Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 12:08am
Car 22:

Date Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 12:10am
Show winners:

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net