Print Page | Close Window

Mad max is alive again

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Lounge Area
Forum Name: General AMC Chat Australian Edition
Forum Description: There are some things mostly of interest to Aussies - this is their AMC Chat spot
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66323
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 10:23am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Mad max is alive again
Posted By: Amx nz
Subject: Mad max is alive again
Date Posted: Dec/27/2014 at 1:24am
Hi  Australian AMC'er   It has taken me one and a half years to get on the forum to chat to you people about this car. I,m just starting to put the paint on the car { in the next week or so}, I would like your input as to your thoughts on if my thinking is on the button . The paint will be the mad max colour as this car is known for , I thought long and hard and thought in stead of the true white that it was in the beging it  made more scents to do it MAD MAX. I do have all the original parts for this car,motor, trans, exc.  I also have #2 of 24 amx,s which I will keep original  

Replies:
Posted By: 83GT
Date Posted: Dec/27/2014 at 5:52am
Hello and Welcome to the forum!
Hurry up and get your 30 posts, we all want to see pics!!

-------------
2014 Star Stryker - Only Ride
1992 Bayliner Trophy Walk-Around

Posted By: 74gremx
Date Posted: Dec/27/2014 at 3:14pm
Welcome aboard, Doug.

-------------
1970 Javelin 360/727
1974 Levis Gremlin X 304/904
1964 American Convertible
1974 Matador wagon (parts)
2016 Holden Cruze Equipe
2014 Holden Colorado
"Don't mistake activity for achievement".

Posted By: WesternRed
Date Posted: Dec/27/2014 at 5:48pm
Yes, welcome to the forum. We had a discussion on here back when you brought the car. Did you end up finding any evidence on the body for the link to Mad Max? I think it would be cool to do one in the Mad Max colour scheme, especially since you have a couple to play with, they can't all be boring restorations.

Date Posted: Dec/27/2014 at 6:41pm
Thanks 74gremx and WesternRed.          No I did not find any holes or anything to say it is but did find Havana gold paint on the front engine hold down and hood hinges.The guy I bought the car from had done a lot of body work and put a lot thick brown paint on the under side in thick black enamel paint ,all and all it is what saved the car from rust . Had to cut out some old panel repare and get good straight steel backin .The guy I got to panel and paint is probably the best around these parts ,he has painted two other cars for me ( 68 AMX and 68 JAV ) and both are unreal so I feel pretty lucky to have him

Posted By: 70Hornet
Date Posted: Jan/03/2015 at 8:43pm
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some photo's.
I have been emailing with Luke and James at the Australian Muscle Car magazine who said they either had a chat with you or would like too. Did they contact you at all? As I think they want to do some more on the Aussie AMX's in the magazine. Shame you aren't closer so you could bring them to the 2nd annual Australian AMC/Rambler show this year in Albury and show them off.
 Looking forward to updates Smile

Date Posted: Jan/04/2015 at 12:50am
Thanks 70 Hornet.      Yes the Australian muscle car magazine guys I have been in touch with , but haven't heard much back sense . They said that they would get back later as I gave them as much info on the two Aussie AMX s that I have so we will see what come,s of it. Soon I will be able to get some picture to you guys, I got yellow on the car on New Years eve and should have the red and blue on in a week or so fingers crossed . When I,am able I will get the pics to all of uses
Thanks again

Date Posted: Jan/08/2015 at 10:17pm
Just to keep you up with progress we have put some red on today and tonight we will get some blue and the white lines on I hope

Date Posted: Jan/20/2015 at 11:01pm
As of today have all the colours on and have put 6 coats of clear on the main body and just have the doors and fenders to finish , this painter guy is just unreal ,he wants to make sure things are just so and it shows. I hope you Australians will approve of the colour scheme, I'm torn as to what motor to put in it at this point !

Date Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 1:55pm
I have a blown 390 a tricked up 390 with cross ram intake, stock 390 and the stock 343 that is the original one out of car, it still needs rebuilding . I have a couple of steel hoods and a couple of fiberglass hoods as well . If I have to cut a bounet it will be the glass one , so we will paint one glass one and one steel one and have the options open.

Posted By: THE MENACE
Date Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 2:17pm
Just a few more replies and you can post some pics for us to see this "Mad Max"!! 
Cool
Dennis 

-------------
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.

Date Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 5:29pm
Hi Dennis     I will use up another reply and ask you a question, I see you have SS AMX #9 . I have a friend in Victoria Canada that bought #45 out of LA early in the 80.s . I gave him a hand with parts and stuff to put it back stock and a good he did , but sold it for 25 or 28 thousand US to a guy back east I think,you probably know of it and it's were abouts . The car had all the 70 front and rear which we swapped over to 69 again . I kick myself for not buying it ,just the wrong time.

Posted By: THE MENACE
Date Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Amx nz Amx nz wrote:

Hi Dennis     I will use up another reply and ask you a question, I see you have SS AMX #9 . I have a friend in Victoria Canada that bought #45 out of LA early in the 80.s . I gave him a hand with parts and stuff to put it back stock and a good he did , but sold it for 25 or 28 thousand US to a guy back east I think,you probably know of it and it's were abouts . The car had all the 70 front and rear which we swapped over to 69 again . I kick myself for not buying it ,just the wrong time.

I'm not sure of who you are talking about with #45.

I don't have SS/AMX #9 (The Big Menace). It was one of the cars we raced when my dad had his AMC dealership here in So. CA.  My next project is a replica of that car. I do have a few of the original parts from SS/AMX #9, like the complete dash with delete plates, velocity stacks, Hurst shifter, roller rocker arms, valve covers, distributor and coil, fender extensions, 1/4 extensions and a couple of other things that I can't think of right now. I use to have the original hood scoop too----Angry don't ask! I have been gathering parts for this project for the couple years and now I have most of the major parts to build the car. Hope to start on it later this year.

Dennis 

-------------
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.

Date Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 8:06pm
That's neat , I have done the same thing. Early 2012 I bought a 68 but should have been 69 AMX off a guy named Jim from Manatoba Canada who had the real true SS ,butt it burnt up in a storage facility so he made a clone one and is the one I bought off him . The number of his I have some where I just got to go and find , this one did a lot of races in Canada and some in the states.

Date Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 8:26pm
I went back my paper work and Jim said that they weren't sure of numbers and that the AMC dealership would not give up the information they were seeking. TURKEYS

Date Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 8:35pm
Looks like I'm in for sending some pictures now. I will try and sus out how to send them,I,m not good at reading and writing so it could take a while.   

-------------
Mad max # 15

Posted By: Slate
Date Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 9:50pm

That's neat , I have done the same thing. Early 2012 I bought a 68 but should have been 69 AMX off a guy named Jim from Manatoba Canada who had the real true SS ,butt it burnt up in a storage facility so he made a clone one and is the one I bought off him . The number of his I have some where I just got to go and find , this one did a lot of races in Canada and some in the states.

Ahh, you're talking about Jim L'Esperence. I've corresponded with him in the past. Very nice fellow. 

Steve

Date Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 10:07pm
YES THATS RIGHT HE GAVE ME SOME OF HIS STUFF [ AMC COAT ,  PICS  , TROPHIES AND SUCH ]  ,JIM IS A VERY NICE GUY ALL RIGHT AND LOVES TO SHEAR HIS KNOWLEDGE . TOOK HIM TO LOST WAGES LAST YEAR TO THE WINTER DRAGS ,THERE WAS NOT MUCH HE DID NOT NOW ABOUT THE DRAG RACING SCENE

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 10:58pm
Did you make the '68 look more like the Transcona version? The distinctive thing about it was the '70 AMX sidemarker lights on the front fenders. That and the Cragar/Keystone style wheels.

Steve

Date Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 11:10pm
No Jim had kept the car stock except he put the SS hood scoop on and painted the red white and blue the way the SS was be for it burnt up in the fire

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 11:33pm
How do I load my profile onto my page?
Also how do I load my photos onto my page?

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Jan/22/2015 at 12:11am
You got a fullplate with the Mad Max.

So let's see it!Wink

Steve

Date Posted: Jan/22/2015 at 12:34am

At the top of the quick reply box, click on the arrow Full Reply Editor and that will take you to the full version editor where you can add pictures to your posts, there is an icon at the top to do that Insert Image, and follow the instructions.

I prefer to host the photos externally on photobucket.com and just post the links here, but that is another whole different story.

For the profile stuff, go to the "Member Control Panel" to see what options you have.

Date Posted: Jan/22/2015 at 2:41am
Here is the picture of Jim's SS as it is today.
If this works I will send the Mad Max pictures tomorrow, so lets see if this works.

-------------
Mad max # 15

Posted By: aussie rambler
Date Posted: Jan/22/2015 at 3:02am
she's the ducks guts!!!

-------------
bloody mongral bastard ramblers....lol..

Date Posted: Jan/22/2015 at 11:15pm
Hi  gang    I will start with the first pic then the last one . this one is when I brought the mad max hear to NZ , the wheels I put on, they are not the ones that came with car they were flat and rotten . My brother in law and me put the motor and trans in over in aus before shipping and filled the rest of the car with all of the parts.

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Jan/22/2015 at 11:33pm
This is how MAD MAX looks like today, Dilan the painter had to much on his plate this week so hope to finish it next week

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Jan/22/2015 at 11:40pm
Dilan also has the doors, fender and boot lid all painted and ready to put on

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Jan/23/2015 at 12:09am

This is how MAD MAX looks like today, Dilan the painter had to much on his plate this week so hope to finish it next week

Wow!!!! Sure beats white!! Smile That is going to look cool as and will sure draw attention wherever it goes. Great stuff. Love it!! As for the motor I wouldn't think anything less then a very grumpy 390 would do. The MFP AMX has to be able to catch the Knightrider, Toecutter  and his mates after all Big smile 

Posted By: Traveller
Date Posted: Jan/23/2015 at 8:49am
Cool!   I love the paint scheme.   I came close to doing that scheme on our Hornet.   That is going to be a fine looking ride.

Date Posted: Jan/23/2015 at 1:52pm
Thanks the underneath is just as nice. I will downsize some pictures later and put them in

-------------
Mad max # 15

Posted By: Pyro6
Date Posted: Jan/23/2015 at 9:28pm
Nice job. Dylan's talented for a young dude too!

Date Posted: Jan/23/2015 at 10:02pm

Yes! My favorite version, the pre-MAX paint scheme.

Steve

Date Posted: Jan/23/2015 at 10:04pm

Here is the picture of Jim's SS as it is today.
If this works I will send the Mad Max pictures tomorrow, so lets see if this works.

Much better wheels and the subtle sponsor logos on the scoop 'long with the sidepipes, ya done a good un.

Steve

Date Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 10:07am
Back down to Dylan's today, fingers crossed he will have it bolted together today and get more pictures off soon

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Feb/01/2015 at 2:14am

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Feb/01/2015 at 2:18am
Slow but sure, the latest photo.

-------------
Mad max # 15

Posted By: Freecat1
Date Posted: Feb/01/2015 at 1:27pm
Love It so far

Posted By: rockAMX
Date Posted: Feb/01/2015 at 4:03pm
Pursuit special or Interceptor?

-------------
DWR
1968 AMX

Date Posted: Feb/01/2015 at 5:16pm
Pursuit special I think

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 5:12pm
Today we have decided to paint the floor pans and back cargo area yellow as well. The brown from the last paint job just didn't look right, I thought it was all right but Dylan thinks it looks a bit tacky so gone is the brown . I will see about some pictures later

-------------
Mad max # 15

Posted By: rockAMX
Date Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 10:40pm
You will need the light kit on top, the cabin radio and the correct wheels (painted white). I remember seeing a website a few years ago that sourced these hard to find items for Mad Max clone cars. Australian site I think. The lights could be a problem if your local laws do not allow them. Also sourced the MFP badge decals.

-------------
DWR
1968 AMX

Posted By: GnipGnop4
Date Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 10:47pm
AMX is much better looking than the XB.  The paint is looking amazing!  What wheels are you going with?

These Sunraysia's were what Max had on his Interceptor...

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/rtwelther/media/yellow-xb-sunraysia-wheels_zpsf15baf48.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 10:57pm
If you haven't already found http://www.madmaxmovies.com" rel="nofollow - www.madmaxmovies.com there is a significant amount of details and pictures on all the movie cars.  Looking forward to tracking the progress on your project.  My vote for engine is the 390 with a Weiand Blower!  Available for a few dollars at http://www.madmaxparts.com" rel="nofollow - www.madmaxparts.com

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/rtwelther/media/superslotcomplete-s_zps168c4ded.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 11:19pm
It just ain't cool unless you can make the blower drive independent of a running engine like in the garage scene when the "tuner" demonstrates the blower drive and proclaims - " Lawst ov thee Vee aight Intahceptuhs, maite."

Phonetically spelled, of course.

Steve

Date Posted: Feb/03/2015 at 2:14am
here are the motors I am thinking on , one is a 390 with the blower and a rodded up 360 Big smile

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Feb/03/2015 at 2:16am
the 360 Tongue

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Feb/03/2015 at 11:23pm
You know the answer to which one.

Steve

Date Posted: Feb/03/2015 at 11:58pm
Slate you are right, but to put the car on the road I have to put the 360 in first so as not to have to much trouble getting the car vined and register for New Zealand without looking to modified then put the 390 in with the fiberglass hood as I don't want to cut up a steal hood to hous the blower . This is still a little way off, I still have another 390 with a cross ram in town I could put in as well but wanting to put it in my SS

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Feb/04/2015 at 5:41pm
Deluxe Interceptor Accessory Kit:

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/rtwelther/media/switch-s_zps027e9ca5.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/rtwelther/media/240_BEACON_zps1c336846.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/rtwelther/media/zoomies-s_zpse71bcbb5.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/rtwelther/media/images_zpsdf448c2e.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Feb/04/2015 at 9:20pm

Date Posted: Feb/05/2015 at 2:40pm
the floor is and in sides all yellow now  Tongue

-------------
Mad max # 15

Posted By: Keiff_Hardcore
Date Posted: Feb/05/2015 at 6:13pm
all i can say is.....purrrdy.

Date Posted: Feb/05/2015 at 11:00pm
Yes, looks sexy with all of the interior yellow even if it will not be seen in the finished product.

Date Posted: Feb/05/2015 at 11:07pm
It could be. Was the original interceptor fully carpeted and upholstered?

Steve

Date Posted: Feb/05/2015 at 11:50pm
I don't really know Steve,good question though. Never really looked into that side of things like the interior of those ford that were on the movies? I got all the interior with the AMX and is the standard stuff like my # 2 Aussie AMX has so don't really know!

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Feb/06/2015 at 12:14am
Looks like I'll be watching Mad Max come Sunday evening...

Steve

Date Posted: Feb/06/2015 at 5:14am
Wow that car is looking amazing!! With the choice of motor, although it is very tempting, I don't think the blower would suit it as the blower was only on Max's black Interceptor and not on any MFP cars. In saying that the angriest motor you can fit under that bonnet would show that the Main Force Patrol AMX aint going to take any crap!!! Smile Will be a standout car when it's finished.  

Date Posted: Feb/06/2015 at 12:14pm
^ Good point. None of the MFP cars were an AMX or two doors either. Only the black Pursuit Special (Interceptor), XB GT, is.

Still, Max's yellow 4 door in the first MM was different, so it's enough of an excuse, in the name of research, to subject the wife to a shared viewing on Sunday. As an extra treat my hope is to rustle up the undubbed release.

Steve

Date Posted: Feb/13/2015 at 9:39pm
Finally took a look see. Max's MFP is fully upholstered and equipped similarly inside with radio gear to the smoky 6 cylinder and 302 MFP cars.

next items to checkout are the shift, steering wheel, and other items that may have been more individual to the Max.

The black car didn't have the stripped down interior until the second movie or the third, but I haven't gotten to them yet, and everybody and their dingo has done a take on the pursuit car.Wink

Posted By: Traveller
Date Posted: Feb/14/2015 at 11:59am
I have the special edition version which is undubbed.   Like it a lot better.   Also has the "making of" special features and a whole history of the cars and such down to Max's 4 door interceptor with the 351.   Has story notes that you can turn on or off that tell you more info about the movie while your watching it.  

I still don't understand why they didn't release the regular version in the U.S.   It's better in my opinion.  

Date Posted: Feb/14/2015 at 2:21pm
I also have the mad max collector,s edition and MAD MAX 2 ( the road warrior ) in front of me and think I will look at these since I have not seen these movies before, isn't that bad ,owned the car for two years now and only seen a few skits on telly. BAD BAD BOY,

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Feb/14/2015 at 5:21pm
You could always look at it as creating a replica of the hot wheels car and use that for inspiration.

Date Posted: Feb/14/2015 at 9:49pm
I'd personalize it to you anyways. You are "Max" now.

Steve

Date Posted: Feb/15/2015 at 2:03am
Just seen the two movies and don't think I have missed out on to much !      But going back to the car I'm hoping to have a lot of pictures of the in side and trunk area with dino mat through out, even the roof and maybe with some carpet in and maybe bumpers with the strips through them plus doors on to which I will take off when the car gets home so I can get the glass and hardware back in. Fingers crossed again.

-------------
Mad max # 15

Posted By: amcglass
Date Posted: Feb/15/2015 at 8:32am
very neat project   I would like to see more as it nears completion

-------------
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin

Date Posted: Feb/15/2015 at 10:16am
Once I get the car home it should be a easy project to do as far as keeping it stock because who knows how stock is stock when it was done up for the movie ( if indeed it ever was intended for the MAD MAX movie) , so if I don't chop up the car in any way I feel I can do what I feel like to what I think it would have been in the movie, if it was ? I do
have 99 % of the stock parts put away so if my son or daughter in the future wants to put it right they will be able to with no problems   

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Feb/23/2015 at 1:43am
still slow but sure but I have a few pics for yous , they are of { doors hung , dynomat layed,just the boot to go and an empty engine room } , Want to know  your thoughts about about painting the dash yellow and have the stripes through the middle and have new seats done the same way and maybe the head liner as well . I think it is way out there but my self I think would look good and is what it is ! What do you think

DOUGWink

Embarrassed

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Feb/23/2015 at 3:28pm
I am finding it hard to picture all that yellow and stripes in the interior as well but might be OK. Maybe leave the dash and seats black and just paint the roof strip (with some very fine yellow border to break it up like on the sides of an XAGT bonnet) in the middle of the dash and then again up the middle of the back seat. Not too much but enough to keep the theme? I am sure some people have had hesitations of seeing you MFP an aussie AMX but I think once it is finished it is going to be a real stand-out Smile awsome

Date Posted: Mar/10/2015 at 1:16am
Hi people    I have gotten Max home the other day and ready for the long track of putting it all back together . This is the part I like to do , it is when it all comes together . The paint job is awsome and can't wait to get going . here are some pic's from home.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Apr/09/2015 at 4:14am
Hi Doug and Faye. Was great to meet you guys the other week. Everyone I have spoken to really enjoyed looking through your photo album of the AMX's and Javelin's you have. Hope the cyclone heading NZ way that weekend buggered off and left your AMX stash alone. How is the Mad Max AMX going? Sorry we couldn't get any Australian AMX cars, or other Aussie AMX owners, to the show but Allan Briggs and John Carson's US AMX's were a great addition to the show and overall I hope you had a good time in Albury/Wodonga and at the 2nd annual AMC/Rambler get-together. We really appreciated having you there. Thanks, Jason Smile 

Date Posted: Apr/09/2015 at 12:26pm
Hi Jason. Was a nice time over there , good to get away and look at other amc and to meat you and the others.lots of nice mopars too . The storm did not much damage at all and everything was good . But we did get home running as we had three car shows to get ready for over the following weeks ahead so didn't get much done on MAD MAX . But yesterday got the rearend out and all apart for painting and new rubber bushes ready to go in.it was all covered in 30+ years of thick dust , to bad the colour was wrong as it was as good as the day it was painted. The Crome suspension did not make it as it will have to be redone. I did take some pics so will post some soon.        Thanks again Jason

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Apr/10/2015 at 3:58am
Hi guys here is what I got up to yesterday . I ripped out the rearend and disasembled it and think I will dust off 30 + years of dust and dirt and see what needs attention . All looks to be good but the crome  and I think i will recrome what our mate has done in the past and paint the rest black rather than the brown . The underside is already black and is as good as the day it was painted so do not need to touch up . The wiring on the other hand needs to be looked at a bit more and cleaned up , It is all a bit diffrent than the American ones that I am used to but I can understand it still , it makes me LOL but it will work . I will see if I can lay it all in on Sunday . So here are some pics

Tongue

-------------
Mad max # 15

Posted By: mick gill
Date Posted: May/28/2015 at 4:12am
Did anyone see the a** end of the Hornet in the opening sequences of MM1 last night?
Just before the caravan gets splintered.
Looks like an early one.

-------------
71 Matador 360/Auto
77 HZ One Tonner 350/T400

Posted By: wsw
Date Posted: May/28/2015 at 6:53am
I saw that. If you look close, the rear plate is above the bumper so it's a later one.

Date Posted: Jun/04/2015 at 5:02am
Hey there (70hornet ) Jason , have you seen the write up on the myth of the mad max amx in the Australian Muscle car mag issue 80 and just wondering were Sam Costanzo has got his info from , you wouldn't know anything about this or who this Sam is ! Like I said before it does not worry me if it is true or not but this interests me all the same as it is a car that is talked about a lot . On other things a mate of mine who is an american has been chasing down some engine parts out of the states and got the interests of a big high performance parts outlet over there and may like to do a promo on the car , interesting isn't it , I will let you know how that go's . The car is slow at the moment , lots on my plate at this time but got lots of pics to send later . How about you these days                   Doug

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Jun/04/2015 at 6:05am
Hi Doug. I have been pretty quiet on the AMC/car front since the show as me and my wife were out of work (after previously being in some long term jobs) and a bit lost for a few months but my wife landed herself a great job a couple of weeks ago and I have been doing some Woolworths On-line grocery delivering on weekends which I have really been enjoying so looks like everything getting back on track. In regards to the Australian Muscle Car mag I havn't emailed with these guys since before the show in march. What was the article about? (I don't usually buy car magazines unless something really interests me or has something of mine in it) The only info I have given them regarding any of the Australian AMX's is from this forum as I send them links to the pages. Was it a negative story? I havn't heard the name Sam Costanzo before. I email only with Luke West and James Cockington but nearly all info I give them is from the forum or contacts ie Colin Main from the Australian Rambler club, or an owner of a car etc. PM me if you want to have a chat.

Can't wait to see the Mad Max AMX finished. It will be a very popular car. There will be plenty of people wanting to do articles on that car for sure. Not only is it one of the rare Aussie 24 but it is an MFP replica with an interesting story behind it and whether true or not just adds to the mythical status of the car. Will be awesome Smile 

I saw the new Mad Max last night. Was OK and the action is non stop. What did other people think? I was really hoping Max would get his coupe back somewhere throughout the movie. That would have been some icing on the cake I reckon.

Talking of AMC's in magazines apparently there is a little picture and mention of the little NASH Metropolitan in the latest Street Machine

Hope everyone is well out in AMC land and as usual I can't wait to get past winter

What is winter in NZ like Doug?

Jason (70Hornet) Smile

Date Posted: Jun/06/2015 at 12:15am
Sorry Jason for not having got back to you right away, lots on the go. Will see if Colin has heard of this fellow and what is behind this story , interesting stuff. Winter is setting in and thinking we might book tickets back to Canada for a month or so and see some car shows , friends and family but some how it might not be that easy to get far from the cars this year. I just about got my sons javelin finished and my daughters javelin painted but yet to put back together plus the mad max so who knows . hay loved the car show over there and might get to the next one to see some of the 24s   keep in touch       Doug

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Jun/07/2015 at 5:06am
Yeah I hope we can get Ray Sprague to bring his #24 next year and Andrew Tucks #3. Plus Garry Murphy sounded keen last time I talked to him to bring his #22 down towed on a trailer behind a Javelin which would be a sight to see.
I might go down to the newsagent during week and have a look at the article in Australian Muscle cars mag.
Canada sounds fun. Take plenty of car pics if you do Smile

Date Posted: Jun/23/2015 at 5:07pm
Hi Doug. I went down to the newsagent last week but the Australian Muscle Car Magazine in question is the previous issue. I would be interested to read the article. Are you able to email me a scanned copy of the article. Jason Smile

Date Posted: Jun/25/2015 at 3:23am
Good day Jason I will get Faye on to it tomorrow. Still haven't got intuch with Colin yet but maybe on the weekend.
Ok see how we do tomorrow
Doug

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Jun/27/2015 at 3:34am
Jason, here is the write up in the Australian Muscle Car Magazine issue 80.
Hope you can read this clearly.
Have a look in the "What did you do on your AMC today?"
And see what I got up to (bad boy).
Ouch !!!!

Dead

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Jul/10/2015 at 9:31pm
There is a really good 9 page article on the one and only pink Playmate AMX in this months Unique Cars magazine. (issue 377 July2, 2015). Interesting history and sounds like only a couple of years ago it could have been anyone's if we were in the right place at the right time.

I cant actually read that article from the AMC magazine above so I will PM my email and would love to have a read. Thanks, jason 

Date Posted: Dec/20/2017 at 5:13pm
The Mad Max AMX is alive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihHDCBSRFHA&feature=youtu.be" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihHDCBSRFHA&feature=youtu.be

Date Posted: Dec/27/2017 at 2:30pm
Thanks Darren for putting up the link for the MADMAX first run , it was just the third start up and was happy with how it runs .the motor has been sitting around awhile and the back crank seal weeps a bit and hope it stops on its own. Just needs carpets and dash to finish and bonnet to paint all stuff I am waiting for my mates to do . Exhaust pipes go in next week and go stainless or not and to the back or out the side . Its a 360 motor in right now just to get its WOF and rego then I will put in a 390 fuel injected with a pro charger which is up in Auckland been put together and should have it back by Easter , Summitracing has donated a lot of motor parts and to get this right is a big thing , I Am interested in how you get on with your fuel injection as mine should be some what the same . Thanks again.     Doug

Home of the MAD MAX AMX

-------------
Mad max # 15

Posted By: XRX744
Date Posted: Dec/27/2017 at 4:00pm
Its the ducks guts!! 

Congrats on getting it back to life.

-------------
69 AMX, pro touring /track car, TEAM tribute, aka: "The Kenosha Corncob"

Posted By: ozziamc
Date Posted: Jul/22/2018 at 6:21am
anyone got a link to the article in Australian Muscle car mag issue 80 on the madmax AMX cant quite read the one above. My old mechanic worked at Hendon studios way back then.

-------------
74 hornet hatch

69 AMX 3 of 24 AMI build

75 sportabout

81 Concord

all Right Hand Drive

Posted By: XRX744
Date Posted: Aug/06/2018 at 8:39pm
Any updates on this AMX?

-------------
69 AMX, pro touring /track car, TEAM tribute, aka: "The Kenosha Corncob"

Date Posted: Aug/09/2018 at 10:13am
The mad max is in slow progress but still moving along . Going in for the new carpets seats and parts of the dash to be fitted by the end of the month so hope to have some pics next month

-------------
Mad max # 15

Date Posted: Aug/20/2018 at 5:02am
Can't be as slow progress as my Hornet is Smile Winter almost over so hopefully i get some enthusiastic time with the nicer spring weather. Oh and hopefully some spring money too Tongue

Date Posted: Dec/17/2018 at 8:12pm

Love the beer table. AMX looking great too Smile

The colour scheme really suits it I reckon

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net