Print Page | Close Window

Lost the key of my jeep - Needs a locksmith

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: Competition
Forum Name: Jeeps and Eagle 4x4 fun.
Forum Description: Rock crawling events or results, Muddin' it through the riverbed with your Eagle
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48576
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 10:12am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Lost the key of my jeep - Needs a locksmith
Posted By: herexmafe
Subject: Lost the key of my jeep - Needs a locksmith
Date Posted: Mar/20/2013 at 11:26pm
I have my 2004 Wrangler jeep and i have lost the key of my jeep and now i'm unable to drive it or unlock it so now i badly needs a locksmith who would provide me the new keys for my jeep but i can't find any affordable locksmith if anyone knows such locksmith kindly tell me about it.

Replies:
Posted By: bbgjc
Date Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 5:12am
We'll need where in the World you are located.  Locksmiths in general aren't cheap, plus if your Jeep has the computer chip in the key fob, expensive.
Good luck

Posted By: bikerfox
Date Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 9:04am
I thought about an alternative--what about getting a new ignition key module (or whatever it's called) to replace the old one?  That might be expensive...On the other hand, I have never met a "discount" locksmith--you have a big problem and you will have to pay the market rate for fabbing a new key.

-------------
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"

Posted By: Lucas660
Date Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 4:08pm
Pull one of your door locks out and take it to a locksmith. That will be the cheapest way. I am not sure about the 2004 but on the 1998 Grand Cherokee the cut key worked no problems.

Posted By: kalve
Date Posted: Mar/24/2013 at 1:36pm
I know my mom lost her key to her 09 Saturn & the dealership wanted like $80 & I bought the key online an had the key cut for total $15 for key an cutting & it worked fine.

-------------
1964 T bird Landau

2000 Mercedes Benz CLK 430 convertible

1970 AMC Rebel SST Wagon

Posted By: ICEMAN6166
Date Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 10:04am
the other option and its not cheap either
call a towing company and have it flatbedded to the nearest dealer
with the vin they can look up the key code and make one

-------------
1964 Ambassador 990
1966 F250 4x4

Posted By: 6768rogues
Date Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 5:24pm
Call a dealer and ask them if they can make a key if you bring in the title and how much it would cost. The title and your identification will prove it is yours.
I am not sure, but I think it is similar to a 2005 Caravan that we owned. To program a new chip key yourself, you need both factory keys or you need a dealer or a locksmith with the correct equipment. I am a diehard do-it-yourselfer, but I would call the dealer and prepare to bite a bullet. You will probably be out a hundred bucks or so.

-------------
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.

Posted By: danleym
Date Posted: Mar/27/2013 at 1:45pm
No chips in Wrangler keys. They didn't even have power door locks as an option in 04, manual only so that the doors can be removed without worrying about wires. The mirrors aren't even remote controlled, and crank windows only, too!

And I'm assuming you have a hardtop, otherwise unlocking it wouldn't be a problem. My wife locked the key in her Jeep, just had to unzip the top and crawl in.

-------------
Hollis Danley
1980 Spirit, 258
2000 VW Jetta TDI
2002 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Posted By: aabc4lock
Date Posted: May/03/2013 at 1:38am
hello, you can contract http://www.aabclocks.com/automotive/ - automotive locksmith Chicago i hope they will solve your problem.

Posted By: max98059
Date Posted: May/18/2013 at 12:50pm
as working for a lock smith company. the cheepest way is to pop out a door lock and take it to a local lock smith it should run u abt $50

Posted By: carnuck
Date Posted: May/18/2013 at 1:56pm
The passenger side door lock may still have the code on it.

-------------
Got an Eagle?
http://forums.amceaglesden.com" rel="nofollow - http://forums.amceaglesden.com

Posted By: PlazinJavelin
Date Posted: May/18/2013 at 8:52pm
Have you tried contacting a Jeep dealer? If you can supply your VIN number along with proof you own the Jeep I think they can get you a replacement key.

Posted By: kalve
Date Posted: May/18/2013 at 9:24pm
just get the key off ebay an have the key cut

-------------
1964 T bird Landau

2000 Mercedes Benz CLK 430 convertible

1970 AMC Rebel SST Wagon

Posted By: JordanSmith12
Date Posted: Jan/15/2016 at 5:05am
Well  i recently had lost my car key and http://www.doublestarlocks.com/services/margate-locksmith - locksmith had made a new key.I finally conclude that locksmith is not such expensive as the dealer.

Posted By: raser13
Date Posted: Jan/15/2016 at 6:15am
And that's why i keep a extra set of keys for all my vehicles in a lock box. If i loose one i just get the spare set. If the original doesn't turn up in a week or so i get a new one cut off the spare. If the original turns up i just toss it on the ring with the spare. Easy peasy. Another idea is if you can get a lock cylinder out is go around to your local junk yards and see if they have a set of keys. Alt of them keep master sets. If not they may have one out in a car that will work for you. Might take a little while to find but save you some cash.

-------------

Posted By: Rodrigosmith
Date Posted: May/19/2016 at 2:50am
I've been told by a honda dealer once, that the code is punched internally on the ignition switch. Check with a dealer to be sure before you go tearing it apart.Then i go to dealer but he charged me very high then i contact to Berwyn Locksmith and they meet me at my place ad made a set of keys for me. 

Posted By: mikevolpe
Date Posted: Aug/12/2016 at 2:56am
Originally posted by herexmafe herexmafe wrote:

I have my 2004 Wrangler jeep and i have lost the key of my jeep and now i'm unable to drive it or unlock it so now i badly needs a locksmith who would provide me the new keys for my jeep but i can't find any affordable locksmith if anyone knows such locksmith kindly tell me about it.

If you are in need of a auto locksmith then you need to follow a few steps. You can call your family or friends and ask them for a recommendation to a reliable locksmith. If you've got some time, you can also look for the Locksmiths on the internet. You can easily find a locksmith in your area or any location by searching on the internet.

Posted By: purple72Gremlin
Date Posted: Aug/12/2016 at 7:20am
Originally posted by raser13 raser13 wrote:

And that's why i keep a extra set of keys for all my vehicles in a lock box. If i loose one i just get the spare set. If the original doesn't turn up in a week or so i get a new one cut off the spare. If the original turns up i just toss it on the ring with the spare. Easy peasy. Another idea is if you can get a lock cylinder out is go around to your local junk yards and see if they have a set of keys. Alt of them keep master sets. If not they may have one out in a car that will work for you. Might take a little while to find but save you some cash.
X2. 

Posted By: purple72Gremlin
Date Posted: Aug/12/2016 at 7:22am
Originally posted by kalve kalve wrote:

just get the key off ebay an have the key cut
then you have to bid for the key.  what if I needed the key now?  then in that case ebay is not the answer.

Posted By: amxron
Date Posted: Dec/28/2016 at 11:17pm
AAA has locksmiths on call.

Ron.

-------------
AMXron
Fleet/Jeep Mgr.
Orbit AMC/Jeep
50-1787

Posted By: OdisJohnson12
Date Posted: Mar/21/2017 at 2:10am
kaujjamsalrelxn;l

Posted By: wyatt
Date Posted: May/24/2017 at 10:41am
This happened to me many moons ago, turned out the glove box lock is the door lock key as well. Gave the glove box tumbler to a locksmith and he replicated a key from it.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net