Print Page | Close Window

Kenosha Homecoming 2014

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Lounge Area
Forum Name: Upcoming Shows and Events
Forum Description: AMC related shows, auctions or events go here. Announce club events here.
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41167
Printed Date: Apr/19/2024 at 7:45am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Kenosha Homecoming 2014
Posted By: UNFORD
Subject: Kenosha Homecoming 2014
Date Posted: Jul/06/2012 at 12:45am
http://kenoshahistorycenter.org/events5.htm%20" rel="nofollow - http://www.kenoshahistorycenter.org/events5.htm

I looked through the list of upcoming shows on the forum here but did not see any posts about the next Kenosha Homecoming being planned for 2014. By chance I was looking through my bookmarks last night and clicked on Kenosha Homecoming and saw that a date of July 22-July 26, 2014 has been set for the next big show in the mecca town of AMCs.

I drove to Kenosha in 2011 from Los Angeles and think I will need to make the trip again! Maybe the next time I'll have AC in my car! The Nevada and Utah deserts get really hot in July!!!

-------------
Mark Melvin
AMO #8858
socalamx.net
playmateamx.com

Replies:
Posted By: gtoman_us
Date Posted: Jul/07/2012 at 2:44pm
This meet needs to be on everyone's calendar

-------------
Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"

Posted By: imacarfan2
Date Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 7:40am
Reeeeeeally hoping we can make this show. Haven't been to Kenosha since 2002!

For some reason the aove link doesn't seem to work. Try this one:

http://kenoshahistorycenter.org/events5.htm

-------------
67 Ambo conv
68 AMX
68 Ambo 4 door
70 Ambo 4 door
(2) 71 Hornets (1 SC/360)
73 Hornet 2 door
77 Matador coupe
77 Sportabout
78 Concord 2 door
81 Concord wagon

Posted By: idrambler
Date Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 9:03am

going to try to be there....we went in 2002 for our first trip to Kenosha

http://kenoshahistorycenter.org/events5.htm" rel="nofollow - http://kenoshahistorycenter.org/events5.htm

-------------
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727

Date Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 9:08am
Originally posted by idrambler idrambler wrote:

going to try to be there....we went in 2002 for our first trip to Kenosha
Hey, so did we! Smile

-------------
67 Ambo conv
68 AMX
68 Ambo 4 door
70 Ambo 4 door
73 Hornet 2 door
77 Matador coupe
77 Sportabout
78 Concord 2 door
81 Concord wagon

Posted By: amxdreamer
Date Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 2:49pm
Is Kenosha an AMO show? Judged or peoples choice? This show is definitly on my bucket list!

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Posted By: Fluffy73
Date Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 3:29pm
Mine too! I've just never had a car reliable enough to do it.  Is there no 2013 show? Just 2014 as the next planned?? If I'm still alive, I'm sure I can plan for '14.

-------------
I am genetically incapable of being Politically Correct.

Posted By: whizkidder
Date Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 3:31pm
I don't remember any judging in 2011, just a heck of a good time with hundreds of AMCs!

-------------
Ron Frost
marne1ancient @ gmail.com
910 nine two two 0563

"There is no limit to what a man can do, so long as he does not care a straw who gets credit for it. Charles Montague

Posted By: javelinman74
Date Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 4:19pm
2013 will be an AMO International show in Indiana in July.
Richard

-------------
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!

Date Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 4:55pm
No judging based on the last 3 homecomings I have attended.  Just a great time to see all of these great cars parked lakeside in random order as in a cruise in would be with no participation classes.

-------------
Moderator - Emeritus

1965 GTO
"Flat Roofs are Cool"

Posted By: Zioamc
Date Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 9:45pm
oh yea gonna be a GREAT time !!!!

-------------
      .....1969 Sc/Rambler....

Posted By: Josh
Date Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 10:39pm
Looks like I know what I'm doing that summer...

-------------
‘66 Marlin, 327/M10
‘70 Rebel Machine, 390/M12
‘74 Javelin AMX, 401/727
‘80 Concord DL, 258/904
‘98 Cherokee, 4.0/AW4

Posted By: 6PakBee
Date Posted: Jul/26/2012 at 6:01am
Wifey and I were there in 2011.  One of the best times I've ever had.  God willing we'll be there in 2014 and we'll be bringing something to the party!

-------------
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach

Posted By: Blue Stinger
Date Posted: Jul/26/2012 at 11:45am
I'm going even if I have to walk from Las Vegas to Kenosha!

-------------
Mark Ogulnick
Boulder City, NV
'71 Hornet SC 360

Posted By: Richtom1
Date Posted: Jul/27/2012 at 10:40am
I expect to go as well.  Possibly for two reasons:  the show (as I have never been to one before) and it will be my 50th class reunion (Bradford class of 64) and I've never been to a class reunion before either.  As of yet I don't know the dates of the class reunion.  Hopefully the dates won't be too far apart and I can stay for a couple weeks instead of the usual one week a year I stay there.

Richard

Posted By: amc4evr
Date Posted: Jul/31/2012 at 10:18pm
I've gone to the last two (2007 and 2011), and it is an absolute can't miss show.  No judging, it's not a time for competition, but for camaraderie. 
For those who haven't been there, it is one of the most beautiful venues for a show, right along the lakefront... gorgeous!

And lots of vendors, hundreds of AMC (and predecessors) cars.

Once you attend one, you'll make sure you go back every time.  It's only held once every 3 or 4 years, so mark it on your calendars now.  Make sure you don't miss it.

-------------
1982 SX/4 Sport (258/5 speed)

Posted By: Rogue343
Date Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 2:58pm

First Kenosha show for me was 2002, back again in 2004 and again last year.  Always a great time and at least last year was able to bring the Rogue.  Brought my brother  with his 71 SC/360, his first Kenosha visit qnd he was blown away by the number of cars.  The cruise ins are always fun, and for those who participated in the Friday nite parade to downtown,  how many of you thought there would actually be people in their front lawns watching us go by?  If you've never been to this show, you have to put it on your calender.  Great venue, great area, even better people!

-------------
1967 Rambler Rogue 'X' code 343 4 speed
1966 Rambler American 440 4 door Factory 290 (now 360) 4 speed VIN 100003

Posted By: Ohio AMX
Date Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 4:00pm
I went to the 2002 show and haven't missed one since. So far I've driven a different AMC each time.

-------------
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983

Posted By: einbier
Date Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 4:12pm
When and where will details be posted? Host hotel, registration, and such? On this forum? Or is it a local chapter.

-------------
1970 Javelin Mark Donohue
1970 Hornet Shirley Shahan
(Tribute)

Posted By: sidewinder
Date Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 4:20pm
It's put on by the local Historical Society ...no host hotel and the one that's closest  doesn't allow trailer parking ( at least they didn't last year)  Stay where ever ...the show is at Kennedy Park right on the lake and it's a nice place.....LOT's of room.....  I can't wait to go back.....

Chuck Page

-------------
Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

Posted By: piper
Date Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by sidewinder sidewinder wrote:

It's put on by the local Historical Society ...no host hotel and the one that's closest  doesn't allow trailer parking ( at least they didn't last year)  Stay where ever ...the show is at Kennedy Park right on the lake and it's a nice place.....LOT's of room.....  I can't wait to go back.....

Chuck Page

To any/ all attendees of prior shows - for those of us who have never attended before, what hotel(s) are recommended for both quality of room/ service and trailer parking?

Posted By: JKJavelin
Date Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 9:12pm
A bunch of us stayed at the Best Western Executive Inn Kenosha, at the intersection of I-94 & Hwy 50. There was some trailer parking there, but I'm not sure about guys with big rigs.
JK

-------------

Date Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 9:14pm
Lot's of hotels on the west end with ample trailer parking.

-------------
Moderator - Emeritus

1965 GTO
"Flat Roofs are Cool"

Posted By: Rogue343
Date Posted: Aug/02/2012 at 8:05am
Originally posted by JKJavelin JKJavelin wrote:

A bunch of us stayed at the Best Western Executive Inn Kenosha, at the intersection of I-94 & Hwy 50. There was some trailer parking there, but I'm not sure about guys with big rigs.
JK

Pretty nice hotel.  We managed to park trucks/trailers in a couple of two deep parking spaces in the front of the hotel.  There is a pretty good sized lot next to the hotel but the staff said it's not their lot and not to park there, but the Met club was in the hotel next door and there were quite a few trailers parked there anyway.  Several other hotels out in this area about a 10-15 minute ride to the show venue.  Good group at the BW last year.  Parking lot get togethers in the evening with a few adult beverages.  Good time.  

-------------
1967 Rambler Rogue 'X' code 343 4 speed
1966 Rambler American 440 4 door Factory 290 (now 360) 4 speed VIN 100003

Date Posted: Aug/02/2012 at 9:18am
Met Club I think was with us at the County Inn and Suites. 
I am telling everyone this is a must attend event. 3-4 days of AMC's.  The parade on Saturday night to the downtown car show was amazing.

We need to make sure we have a FORUM booth or some placard so we can identify ourselves.  Or maybe our own event on Sunday morning?

-------------
Moderator - Emeritus

1965 GTO
"Flat Roofs are Cool"

Posted By: mramc
Date Posted: Aug/02/2012 at 6:18pm
I've been going to Kenosha meets since 1977, so I'll give you my advice and you can take it or leave it. Almost all the Hotel in Kenosha are at the intersection of Highway 50 and I-94 . The only exception is the now best Western Harbor-side , that is down town off Lake Michigan very near where the old AMC Lakefront factory use to be. Parking is no good , and there is little to no trailer parking there. Plus in it's various incantation over the years, it use to be a Holiday Inn , I never cared for the place myself. The location is closest to the show site , but I always found the walls to be thin. I always liked to La Qunita Inn at HWY 50 and I-94. It is the best band for the buck and has more then ample trailer parking if needed. The Best Western is pretty good too, but less trailer parking. Try and stay out of the Knights Inn if it's still there , and I'm not finding it listed as it was while cheap, usually dirty. But I've stayed in worst places then the Knights Inn. the rest are all pretty fair depending on bang for the buck and need for that trailer parking. Book early even a moderate Kenosha meet will fill all the 7 local hotels and if any thing else is going on, a big wedding or and it landed on the same weekend as a year bike race held in Kenosha hotels from Racine , Wisconsin down to Gurnee, Illinois  have been known to be used. Me I'll look at bumming with friends locally I have more then a few after all these years. LRDaum

< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

-------------
LRDaum

Posted By: bcsideshow
Date Posted: Aug/02/2012 at 6:41pm
There's a bunch of us that live here in Kenosha.  If you have any questions on the area or need help feel free to ask.  I'd be glad to help.

-------------
1969 SCRambler "B"
1970 AMX 390 Auto
1968 AMX 390 Auto
1970 Rebel Machine Project
1969 AMX 390 4SPD Project
1969 AMX 390 Auto Project
1969 Javelin 390 project
1997 Cherokee lifted
1998 TJ Lifted

Posted By: 6768rogues
Date Posted: Aug/02/2012 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by mramc mramc wrote:

Try and stay out of the Knights Inn if it's still there , and I'm not finding it listed as it was while cheap, usually dirty.

< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

I have never stayed anywhere worse than a Knights Inn. On the way back from Florida we were desperate for a place to stay and pulled in at a Knights Inn. The room was filthy and full of insects, the bathroom was decorated in mold. We got our credit card credited and left. It was the only hotel that ever disgusted me so much that I had to leave. I would sleep in my car before going to a Knights Inn.

-------------
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.

Posted By: farna
Date Posted: Sep/17/2012 at 12:57pm
I didn't get to go to the last one due to moving, looks like I will miss this one due to helping put on the 2014 AMO Nationals in Charleston. We haven't set the exact date yet, but looks like it's going to be the first weekend in August due to hotel schedules. Might need to push to August 8-9 so there's two weeks between the homecoming and AMO National. Don't want to compete, and one weekend apart might prevent some going to both shows... I still might not be able to make the Kenosha show (darn it!), only so much money and time to go around, and I HAVE to help the local chapter with Charleston...

-------------
Frank Swygert

Posted By: jkarisny
Date Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 4:20am
I'll be there! I have a "finish line" goal to get my Javelin done. I better get out to the garage right now!

-------------
You can do things the right way or the wrong way.

Or you can do it MY way...which is like the wrong way, only faster.

Date Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 9:18am
This might be hard to organize but it would be really cool if those forum members that live in the Kenosha area team up and work out a plan so all the forum members that want to park together on the show field can do that.   We could have an area just for forum member parking.   There is no classes or specific spots for certain cars but there is LOTS of space!!   I envision a large space flagged off with some forum signs and a few members on the ground to direct people.....

Chuck Page 

-------------

Date Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 9:41am
I think it was the first year of the Kenosha Homecoming that all the major clubs were talked into having at least a regional at the event, and at least two (AMO and AMCRC, I think) had their National in conjunction with the Homecoming. The organizers let the clubs section off areas of the field and there was a "non club related" section. The only problem this caused was that some people were members of more than one club and had to choose which to display with, or to go to the non-club area. Haven't done anything like that since, but contact the Kenosha History Center and they should put you in touch with the main organizers. I don't think they would have a problem with any of the clubs (or the Forum) sectioning off an area.

I might have to miss this one too, didn't make the last one! Carolina AMC is hosting the AMO National in 2014 and I'm part of the organizing team. It will be a couple weeks after the Kenosha show, but don't think I can afford both shows -- will have to stay 3-4 nights in Charleston, SC, for the 2014 AMO National.

-------------
Frank Swygert

Date Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 9:59am
We have 7,564 Forum Members

I'm thinking the whole field should be the AMC Forum section!!

-------------
Ron Frost
910 nine two two 0563

"There is no limit to what a man can do, so long as he does not care a straw who gets credit for it. Charles Montague

Date Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 10:25am
THAT might be a problem! Of course if you can get them all to attend, I think some kind of arrangement can be made....

-------------
Frank Swygert

Date Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 10:30am
Will start another topic later -- we need to arrange some kind of AMC meet in the Aiken SC/Augusta GA area, I think. Might be enough of us in the area -- maybe a simple cruise-in. 

-------------
Frank Swygert

Date Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 2:09pm
Kenosha 2014 web site update:

2014 Kenosha Homecoming Car Show

Tuesday July 22nd through Saturday July 26, 2014
$Free
Plan to join the Kenosha History Center for five fun-filled days celebrating the history of auto making in Kenosha in 2014. This is the big car show, where we are expecting over 500 cars (Jeffery, Nash, AMC, Jeep & Renault) and car afficionados from all over the world. Drive-in car shows are expected to start the week out beginning on Tuesday July 22nd, a grand parade and the car show in Kennedy Park and ending with the "big" car show on Saturday July 26th in Kennedy Park. Kennedy Park will feature food and refreshments with the car show and vendors.

-------------
Moderator - Emeritus

1965 GTO
"Flat Roofs are Cool"

Posted By: SirDigger
Date Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 3:07am
Hmm I have to remember this event when planing my 2014 Holiday in the States. 

-------------
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360

Date Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 6:50pm
31-37 hours each way...probably 45-50 hours towing....ouch!

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

31-37 hours each way...probably 45-50 hours towing....ouch!
Well worth it.  Work some of the National Parks into the trip and break it up.  Come across I-90 stop and see Mount Rushmore, Badlands National park, Yellowstone.

-------------
Moderator - Emeritus

1965 GTO
"Flat Roofs are Cool"

Posted By: idrambler
Date Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 11:12pm
we were there in 2002 for our first trip to Kenosha....did not have a car there but we really did have a great time and met lots of people.....
Was at the history center for the dedication.....looking forward to going back hopefully with a car.....

-------------
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727

Date Posted: Feb/14/2013 at 1:53am
I would love to do an Roadtrip from the Eastcoast to Kenosha and back....

Sounds like a stupid Idea to put a Javelin in a Container and drive it home... and back again

-------------
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360

Posted By: 6PakBee
Date Posted: Feb/14/2013 at 5:44am
On a side topic, I attended GAD a few years ago where they gave out nametags with your forum name and your given name.  It was great to be able to put a name, to a name, to a face.  I was so impressed I'm planning on making one for Kenosha.  Can't hurt! Big smile

-------------
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach

Date Posted: Feb/14/2013 at 4:16pm
I have the template for those. I still have mine, leave it on my dash so it can be seen in the windshield all the time, anywhere the car is!

The Homecoming is definitely worth the trip, though I may have to pass. My club (Carolina AMC) is hosting the AMO National that year, so I have to help with that! Depends on finances...

-------------
Frank Swygert

Posted By: AMC instigator
Date Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 9:07am
Hey Tony, as best as I have been able to figure numbers for all the trips I have been on towing, and then again taking the same trip not towing but rather driving a AMX or Concord,  it seems ten hours of actual travel time in a car, will add 30 min more to the trip towing. Even if you exaggerated the numbers to 1 hrs per ten, it shouldn't be too bad off. It will be worth your trip for sure. You will have 4 years to recover from the drive before it happens again. Kenosha is the largest AMC gathering whenever it happens. Always a GREAT time! Shannon

Date Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 11:11am
I LOVE driving....it's the time off work and the cost of the trip that I would have a hard time with. I wouldn't want to tow my car that distance on an open trailer. It would be VERY dirty, would be vulnerable to damage and parking at night would be difficult. This means I will neeeeeeeeeeeed (lol) an enclosed trailer and a new tow vehicle!

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 12:33pm
Depends on how fast you're comfortable towing (or your rig is capable of!). Some will tow at 70-75 with no problems, others would drive that fast but slow to 55-60 for towing. 5 hours @ 75 = 375 miles, 5 hours @ 55 = 275. Almost two hours to cover 100 miles @ 55, so figure nearly two hours longer, towing at 65 about an hour more.

-------------
Frank Swygert

Date Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 12:41pm
I like to drive my car whenever I can and have taken shorter trips but I trailer to any of the longer distance shows.   The benefit for me is that the car only gets 8-9 MPG and I get 10 or a little better towing the enclosed trailer and I have a garage for the car when I get there!    I also vend parts so I can take a lot more with me.....

Chuck Page   

-------------

Date Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 1:00pm
Since my wagon was a total basket case I flew in two times and shipped parts back since they wouldn't fit on in the plane. 

Last year 2011 I drove my van and loaded the T & C to the brim with parts.  

For 2014 I will be driving in for this one with the Rambler which will be special because the old '64 will be 50 in 2014.

From my point of view this is an event that if you can't bring your car you should still get there because this is amazing long weekend.  There is enough of us that you can buddy up for the parade into downtown or the show field you can always find someone who has an extra lawn chair.

-------------
Moderator - Emeritus

1965 GTO
"Flat Roofs are Cool"

Date Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 8:47am
I don't know if I can, but I'm going to try to drive up... have to start saving pennies now! 

-------------
Frank Swygert

Posted By: AMC instigator
Date Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 10:02am
I agree that it would take longer to tow, if folks drove slower, but I know Tony will motor right along.  I also agree it will be dirty as you end up driving in different weather, it always works that way for me. Leaving an AMC in the motel parking over night is ver normal in Kenosha, while I can understand your worries, folks are up till all hours of the night, and the others are early risers. Seems there is always sombody AMC roaming around. I understand on the time off work and the costs. If towing is a major thing for anyone as was said, car or no car fly or drive, whatever you end up doing, you will be sure to have the time of your life! If you need rides down town for cruises or the parade, many folks have an empty seat and are plenty happy to accomodate. SH

Date Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 12:41pm
My worries are the hotels on the way and way back...too many cars go missing.

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 3:02pm
It's extremely rare that a car goes missing. Yes, it does and can happen, but it's a 1 in 10,000 chance. Not much help if you're the "1", but make sure you have insurance.

There's no other place in the world to see over 1,000 AMC related vehicles in one place at one time! THAT is what makes it worth it. I didn't make it last time (2011), but the time before that there was even a Nash Quad truck on the field. I know that doesn't excite most of you, but something rare and unusual like that excites me! Most cars were from the 58-83 AMC time period, but there were plenty Jeeps, Hudsons, and Nash vehicles. The 1958 Pinin Farina Nash Ambassador prototype (the only one to ever exist) was there also. Beautiful car!

-------------
Frank Swygert

Posted By: Zioamc
Date Posted: Feb/23/2013 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by 6PakBee 6PakBee wrote:

On a side topic, I attended GAD a few years ago where they gave out nametags with your forum name and your given name.  It was great to be able to put a name, to a name, to a face.  I was so impressed I'm planning on making one for Kenosha.  Can't hurt! Big smile
heres what i did

-------------
      .....1969 Sc/Rambler....

Date Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 7:47am
Only 15 months away!

-------------
Moderator - Emeritus

1965 GTO
"Flat Roofs are Cool"

Posted By: jrsjav
Date Posted: May/02/2013 at 7:07pm
Great time, I'm in again.

Posted By: Blue Stinger
Date Posted: May/17/2013 at 6:51pm
I may have to fly in but I plan on being there.  I missed the last one and I sure don't want to miss this one.

-------------
Mark Ogulnick
Boulder City, NV
'71 Hornet SC 360

Posted By: amx69freak
Date Posted: May/19/2013 at 9:21am
Start planning your vacation for July 26th-30th 2014 if Kenosha is your Destination.......

http://www.kenoshahistorycenter.org/events5.htm

-------------
1969 AMX 390

1973 Javelin 401

1975 Pacer 258

Posted By: 74ProStreet
Date Posted: May/21/2013 at 5:52pm

Yeah little far not sure will make it with a car but maybe will fly out

-------------
74BlkProstreetBlowin390Auto
74BlkAmx4014spd
73BlueGrem401Auto
72ButterscotchGoldAmx360Auto
71RedJavSST360Auto
71WildPlumAmx401Auto
70MoroccanBrownAmx3904spd
70RWBMachineAc4spd
70BBGMachineAuto

Posted By: 70javluvr
Date Posted: May/21/2013 at 7:59pm
A posse from the Norther Ramblers club here in Ontario went in 2011 led by Rambler Jim.  Said it was a blast so I'm in for this one need to check off my bucket list.

-------------
70 Javelin Donohue Tribute car Sonic Silver/Shadow Mask/360/Custom Interior

Date Posted: May/22/2013 at 9:54pm
We drove out in 2002 and plan on doing it again in 2014. I just need to get something done before then!

-------------
67 Ambo conv
68 AMX
68 Ambo 4 door
70 Ambo 4 door
73 Hornet 2 door
77 Matador coupe
77 Sportabout
78 Concord 2 door
81 Concord wagon

Date Posted: May/23/2013 at 8:18am
Is there an Specific Hotel/Motel wher the most ppl will stay?
I plan my Holiday 2014 around the Homecoming.

-------------
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360

Posted By: turbo
Date Posted: May/23/2013 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by SirDigger SirDigger wrote:

Is there an Specific Hotel/Motel wher the most ppl will stay?
I plan my Holiday 2014 around the Homecoming.

Coming from Germany I would stay at a nice place in Lake Geneva to make a nice vacation.

-------------
they call me Capt RETIRED!

Posted By: amx69freak
Date Posted: May/27/2013 at 3:17pm
If there are still openings Best Western on the Lake is right next to where the car show will be....Otherwise here is a link for Kenosha hotels... Lake Geneva is has a very nice hotel Looking at Lake Geneva about a 45-60 minute ride to the car show...

http://www.wisconsin-hotels.org/cities/Kenosha/?refclickid=1102~G~hotels-in-Kenosha-WI-Broad&gclid=CPfzofqMt7cCFRFgMgodmysAqw" rel="nofollow - http://www.wisconsin-hotels.org/cities/Kenosha/?refclickid=1102~G~hotels-in-Kenosha-WI-Broad&gclid=CPfzofqMt7cCFRFgMgodmysAqw

-------------
1969 AMX 390

1973 Javelin 401

1975 Pacer 258

Posted By: tmancusi
Date Posted: Jun/05/2013 at 9:17pm
Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know if there will be a racing event at Great Lakes on Sunday?

-------------
'68 AMX 390 4-Speed

Date Posted: Jun/05/2013 at 10:13pm
FYI for anyone thinking about that Best Western near the park....they were a PITA at the last homecoming.   Had restrictions on trailers at the hotel and a few got tickets.... they never told us that before we got there!!   I'll probably find another place after that....

Chuck Page 

-------------

Posted By: amxjavelin
Date Posted: Jun/10/2013 at 11:45pm
sounds like a great meet

Posted By: Kapptaink
Date Posted: Jun/11/2013 at 7:47pm
Counting down, can't wait. It has been too long since I have been able to go to one.

-------------
PrevOwned:73HornetX 360/a727 Blk/Blk-69Javelin/R/R-69AMXBlk/W-69JavelinPrimer
Kirk

Posted By: 343 Ram Air
Date Posted: Jul/03/2013 at 9:09am
This is a definite must be their for me. Someone told me that the Kenosha  show is only one every 4 years????  I should have my 1970 Javelin in good enough shape to be in this one.  Will not miss this one.

-------------
Body_1

Date Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 6:39pm
I am one of the lucky ones. I live about 30 miles away. Hopefully my car will be far enough along by that time to drive it out there. This is added incentive to get going faster.

-------------
Body_1

Posted By: UNFORD
Date Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by 343 Ram Air 343 Ram Air wrote:

I am one of the lucky ones. I live about 30 miles away. Hopefully my car will be far enough along by that time to drive it out there. This is added incentive to get going faster.

Only 30 miles? Geez!! For the 2011 Homecoming I had to drive my AMX from Calif, 4 12 hour days of driving each way. I'm ready to do it again!!

-------------
Mark Melvin
AMO #8858
socalamx.net
playmateamx.com

Date Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 9:06am
I'v never been to this show before. I am really looking forward to it.

-------------
Body_1

Posted By: purplehornet
Date Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 9:11am
The Best Western on the Lake is already booked full!

-------------

73 Hornet X hatchback
401, auto, 5.00-1

70 AMX
390, 6 speed

Posted By: amchornet1970
Date Posted: Jul/21/2013 at 6:48pm
I only live abot 130 miles away...2 hours drive. I am going anyone else from wisconsin that I can pick up along the way??

-------------
Joe
1976 hornet sedan 258 4.0 head mpfi
1985 Eagle sedan
1993 grand jeep Np242
http://s12.photobucket.com/user/amchornet/profile/

Posted By: hoosieramc
Date Posted: Jul/21/2013 at 8:09pm
Any more details on this event yet? 

-------------

Posted By: javjav
Date Posted: Jul/22/2013 at 7:23am
There are too many choices, next July.  Attend the Charleston AMO or Kenosha Homecoming?  After a week of AMC fun in Kenosha, I will not have enough energy left for a road trip down south. 

Plus the heat and humidity that time of year is killer. Charleston is beautiful, but not in July or August.  It would be like coming to Wisconsin for a vacation in January.

-------------
-Reproduction Clutch Linkage Brackets, Ball Stud Pivots & Z Bars
-Door Hinge Rebuild Service
-NOS and used parts for Javelin and AMX

Date Posted: Jul/22/2013 at 11:06am
I thought AMO was in Kenosha in 2014? I'm starting to plan my trip early...

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Jul/22/2013 at 3:06pm
Yes, Carolina AMC is hosting the 2014 AMO National Meet in Charleston in early August (forget the exact date now). It's not that bad down there, just a little warmer than Kenosha on the Lakefront. The show is near the Charleston airport, about 15 miles in from the coast, so it's not going to be that bad. The down-town tours we have scheduled are all in the morning, back at the hotel around 1 PM so you're not down there in the heat of the day. Of course if you're from a low humidity area anywhere the humidity is over 60% you'll probably think it's "bad".... Wink

-------------
Frank Swygert

Date Posted: Jul/22/2013 at 4:06pm
Holy Cow are all the hotels sold out already?

-------------
(Tribute)

Date Posted: Jul/22/2013 at 4:21pm
The Best Western on the lake is near the show field, but most people stay at one of the cluster of motels at the interchange of I-94 and Hwy 50. There should be plenty of rooms there right now. I'd better book my room!
JK

-------------

Date Posted: Jul/22/2013 at 5:33pm
Charleston is toooooooo far!

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Posted By: javjav
Date Posted: Jul/23/2013 at 10:35am
I would book the hotel now for the best rate.  You can always cancel later.

Don't forget about the city to the north called Racine.  They have a couple of hotels on Highway 20 and that will give you a 20-25 minute drive to the park.

As a last resort, pick a hotel on the far south side of Milwaukee County, near the airport.  There are a bunch right along the Interstate and some real close to the airport.  You would be looking at a 40-45 minute drive from that spot.

-------------
-Reproduction Clutch Linkage Brackets, Ball Stud Pivots & Z Bars
-Door Hinge Rebuild Service
-NOS and used parts for Javelin and AMX

Date Posted: Jul/23/2013 at 4:22pm
I was not kidding I really cant find a room anywhere close?
Someone up there know something I don't.

Jeff

-------------
(Tribute)

Posted By: 390rambler
Date Posted: Aug/02/2013 at 8:41pm
A must see! AMC heaven!

Posted By: amchornet1970
Date Posted: Aug/03/2013 at 6:52am
Their are still some rooms around just not cheap and they are about 20 miles or so away

-------------
Joe
1976 hornet sedan 258 4.0 head mpfi
1985 Eagle sedan
1993 grand jeep Np242
http://s12.photobucket.com/user/amchornet/profile/

Posted By: 2AMCKIDZ
Date Posted: Aug/03/2013 at 8:38am
Just booked a room at the Best Western out on 94...still rooms left.

-------------
1969 AMX
1971 Gremlin

Date Posted: Aug/03/2013 at 3:57pm
I just got my room at the Best Western Exec too.

-------------

Posted By: turbo
Date Posted: Aug/03/2013 at 6:42pm
The Best and one of only 2 shows I go to any more..........I'm just an old softie..........

-------------
they call me Capt RETIRED!

Posted By: 70MarkDonohue
Date Posted: Aug/04/2013 at 10:54pm
Book my room at the Super 8 at HWY I-94/50        (262) 857-7963
Sound like they still have room for rent, they ask me what floor I would like.

Posted By: 71SC360
Date Posted: Aug/05/2013 at 6:01am
Originally posted by 70MarkDonohue 70MarkDonohue wrote:

Book my room at the Super 8 at HWY I-94/50        (262) 857-7963
Sound like they still have room for rent, they ask me what floor I would like.

Hang onto your confirmation # like its gold. I stayed at that Hotel years ago. They over booked and they tried to force me out, even with a conf #. I had to call corporate to get them to honor my booking. I stayed there but they didn't like the fact that I won that battle.

Date Posted: Aug/05/2013 at 6:29am
How about RV(small) parking near the Event?

I´m thinkin about a Roadtrip from Boston to Kenosha and back through Canada

-------------
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360

Posted By: rcky
Date Posted: Aug/05/2013 at 6:31am
I have already booked a room at the Best Western on the harbor last week.Their phone # (262)658-3281  I booked it a year early and they were filling up fast. Kenosha will probablly be bigger than the Nationals just like in 2011.Fantastic show! 

-------------
1969 SC/Rambler
71 black Hornet sc/360

Date Posted: Aug/05/2013 at 7:58am
Originally posted by rcky rcky wrote:

I have already booked a room at the Best Western on the harbor last week.Their phone # (262)658-3281  I booked it a year early and they were filling up fast. Kenosha will probablly be bigger than the Nationals just like in 2011.Fantastic show! 

If you call DON'T select the option for making reservations. That transfers your call to Phoenix. I had been trying for a couple of weeks and they still cannot book next July. Use option "0" for front desk and they will take care of you.

-------------
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983

Date Posted: Aug/05/2013 at 9:56am
Made my reservations....I asked about trailer parking and they still don't allow parking in their lot so I'll have to figure that out.   The last homecoming it was an issue at this hotel also.   Not sure how that will play out.  I was able to leave the trailer at the historical center for one night.....right across the harbor.  

Chuck Page 

-------------

Date Posted: Aug/05/2013 at 11:33am

Made my reservations....I asked about trailer parking and they still don't allow parking in their lot so I'll have to figure that out.   The last homecoming it was an issue at this hotel also.   Not sure how that will play out.  I was able to leave the trailer at the historical center for one night.....right across the harbor.  

Chuck Page 

Maybe our hosts can arrange a friendly nearby lot for trailer parking, like the Wal-Mart lot used in Auburn.

-------------
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983

Date Posted: Aug/05/2013 at 12:09pm
The historical center is right across the harbor and they let a few of us drop the trailers there.  Maybe we can pre-arrange something like that so we don't have to  worry about it later?  Maybe the management at the hotel can make the arrangements?   Anyone have a contact at the hotel?? 

Chuck Page  

-------------

Date Posted: Aug/05/2013 at 2:16pm
Anyone has knowledge about Campgrounds in or near the City?
I Started planing my 2014 Holiday, my Startpoint/Base is Boston.

I got 3 Posibilitys to get to Kenosha

By Plane Rental car and Hotel,
Roadtrip ... Rental Car and Hotel
Roadtrip with a Camper van...
(The Roadtrips alone are kinda boring.
Anyone from the NewEngland Area need a co Pilot?)

Number 4 (and Dream)is Packing my BSO Javelin in a Container and ship it over, have a roadtrip and then back again, i started to figure it out, the Containercosts are not that bad, its the Toll, and i have no clue how they treat a car with license Plates.

-------------
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360

Date Posted: Aug/05/2013 at 5:19pm

The historical center is right across the harbor and they let a few of us drop the trailers there.  Maybe we can pre-arrange something like that so we don't have to  worry about it later?  Maybe the management at the hotel can make the arrangements?   Anyone have a contact at the hotel?? 

Chuck Page  

I doubt that the hotel staff cares enough to arrange something like this. But I sent a message to Mike Spangler to see if he can set up something for the trailers.

-------------
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983

Posted By: 70MarkDonohue
Date Posted: Aug/05/2013 at 7:02pm
I stay at the Super 8 last time no problem. Trailer parking was gravel.

Date Posted: Aug/05/2013 at 7:56pm
The Best Western is nothing to write home about but the location is nice...right on the water and you can actually walk to Kennedy Park.   Location ...Location...Location....LOL

Chuck Page

-------------

Date Posted: Aug/05/2013 at 8:28pm

The Best Western is nothing to write home about but the location is nice...right on the water and you can actually walk to Kennedy Park.   Location ...Location...Location....LOL

Chuck Page

The only location their WIFI works is upstairs in the conference center area of the hotel - where they don't allow "regular" guests. I've still got the ticket they had the cops slap on my trailer after they told me it was okay to park it there. Nothing to write home about unless you're doing it via Yelp.

-------------
Ron Frost
910 nine two two 0563

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net