Print Page | Close Window

1971 AMX Dual snorkle Ram Air system

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping
Forum Name: Product Announcements
Forum Description: This section is for vendors or members who offer products or services. VENDORS, Please post here and not in the general tech forums.
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37559
Printed Date: Apr/17/2024 at 7:36pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 1971 AMX Dual snorkle Ram Air system
Posted By: underdog
Subject: 1971 AMX Dual snorkle Ram Air system
Date Posted: Mar/05/2012 at 12:07pm
Hey gang, I have been looking for someone to help me out getting a perfect 1971 factory Ram Air system from the breather tub to the snorkles and the rare upper ram air flapper door setup. Through a couple leads I have a person that will loan me the entire system in a week.  I will make molds from this perfect setup and have them available and look 100% correct but from fiberglass. Unless taken apart, None to the wiser. The Ram Air flapper door top will fit later years on your tubs or pans and they will be available seperate. These will operate as the factory made to do.
Any interest out there?
AMC Fan....

-------------
1970 Torino King Cobra
1969 SS396/375 Chevelle
2005 SSR 6.0 HO
2005 Dodge (Rumble Bee)
1963 Manta Ray Spyder
1965 Manx Dune Buggy

1970 Ford Torino King Cobra(protot

Replies:
Posted By: SportaboutX
Date Posted: Mar/09/2012 at 11:25pm
I'd be interested in repop dual snorkels for sure. 

Posted By: ROGUE66
Date Posted: Mar/09/2012 at 11:48pm
Dual snorkel

Posted By: Peter Marano
Date Posted: Mar/10/2012 at 11:07am
If Rogue66 has one I need one also!

Posted By: ROGUE66
Date Posted: Mar/10/2012 at 9:00pm
Sweet

Posted By: amcrules00
Date Posted: Mar/26/2012 at 10:30am
I'm still waiting for that one piece fiberglass dash assembly.

Posted By: Ant
Date Posted: Apr/02/2012 at 10:25pm
What they gonna run?

-------------
73 AMX project 401 stroker, t-56 mag
Full-time machinist

Posted By: Javelin8pack
Date Posted: Jun/03/2012 at 9:02pm

That would be great!  I would want one and know a couple of guys who would be interested as well.

Posted By: redrebel
Date Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 2:51am

That would be a great repop

Posted By: Cheesehead
Date Posted: Apr/09/2013 at 12:40pm
I have a original 71 dual snorkle on my amx if you want pictures or info. 

I don't think I would use a pan made of fiberglass.  Soaked with a little fuel one backfire will start a big fire.  The pans and snokels from jeeps of the same era look the same.  I'd start with a jeep pan and add another snorkel if I were to try building one.

Posted By: amx39068
Date Posted: Apr/09/2013 at 1:09pm
Would be fun to use them on cars other than the Jav AMX

-------------
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development

Posted By: joegolfing1960
Date Posted: Jun/25/2013 at 1:11am
Did this ever happen?

Posted By: GremlinP38
Date Posted: Oct/14/2013 at 10:17pm
it looks like this might be in the works again. If you look up posts made by underdog he has a fairly recent one that looks like he might take another run at it.

Posted By: SportaboutX
Date Posted: Oct/16/2013 at 1:20am
Originally posted by amx39068 amx39068 wrote:

I have one on my 74 Matador X, really makes for a cool look when that huge hood is open and the engine certainly sounds louder than with the single snorkel original unit. Picked it up for 2 bills a few years ago and people were laughing I paid that much..guess I have the last laugh as values have more than tripled. Let's get this sucker re-poped so everyone can share in the fun at a reasonable price! I could barely afford mine then, certainly would not be able to buy one now!

Posted By: 304-dude
Date Posted: Oct/16/2013 at 7:51am
Originally posted by SportaboutX SportaboutX wrote:

Originally posted by amx39068 amx39068 wrote:

I have one on my 74 Matador X, really makes for a cool look when that huge hood is open and the engine certainly sounds louder than with the single snorkel original unit. Picked it up for 2 bills a few years ago and people were laughing I paid that much..guess I have the last laugh as values have more than tripled. Let's get this sucker re-poped so everyone can share in the fun at a reasonable price! I could barely afford mine then, certainly would not be able to buy one now!

Yeah, about a few years back on prices. I passed on a complete setup at $500.00. At the time I chose a different route with my setup, thus no need for it. Though, with all my rare air cleaner assembly finds through the years. I never bothered to collect them as wall art. The AMC 71 401 air cleaner assembly ranks right up there with the 67 Buick GS (Star Wars) type for looks and rarity. Another rare air cleaner assembly that I really liked, was the all chrome dual snorkel monster for 64 to 66 dual quad BOP big block engines. It looked like your average big block BOP air assembly but you had two acorn nuts on top, not just one. So mixing and matching upper and lower assemblies was not going to be a workable option.

Seeing what they are going for now, and not even complete, and hind sight, makes me shake my head in woulda, shoulda, coulda, thoughts.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net