URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17645
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 1:46am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Help! Calling All Spindles!!
Posted By: TorqueyAMX
Subject: Help! Calling All Spindles!!
Date Posted: Mar/16/2010 at 4:22pm
Okay,

Any of you AMC Pack Rats have any spare Spindles laying around to take some measurements??

If you do, let me know what it's from, and if it's a drum or disc spindle.

My main concern for right now is the measurement marked  "M"

See below:

Replies:
Posted By: Red Devil
Date Posted: Mar/16/2010 at 5:51pm

I measured an "M" distance of 3.12" from bearing shoulder to bearing shoulder.  This was a disc spindle from a 79 Concord.  I think you could use the stock bracket that the bendix caliper mount bolts to and make an adapter to fit a lug-mount Wilwood caliper fairly easily.  Hope this helps, RD.

Date Posted: Mar/16/2010 at 6:20pm
This was the original:

And this was the Bendix caliper bracket and 1/2" thk. adapter that sandwiches between the spindle and steering knuckle:

Date Posted: Mar/16/2010 at 6:25pm
Good News:

I will be taking my car over next week probably to Wilwood to have my original Kelsey Hayes brake system "Digitized" so they can see about maybe putting a kit together.

I still need information and measurements on as many spindles as I can find including Pre '70 suspension systems.

Posted By: KermitDRambler
Date Posted: Mar/16/2010 at 6:37pm

Getting a list of all of them may run into quite the project. For some reason, I compiled a list of part numbers for 67 and 68 and there are 5 different spindles used for those years. Here is the list I put together:

Years Models          Application                            Part #
====== ============== ====================================== ========
1967 01               six cylinder                           317-3440
1967 15, 16, 17, 19   six cylinder standard duty drum brakes
1967 01, 10           V8, drum brakes                        317-3441
1967 18               six cylinder, drum brakes
1967 50, 80           drum brakes
1967-8 01             V8, disk brakes                        317-7129
1967-8 10, 80         disk brakes
1967 50               disk brakes
1968 70  V8,          disk brakes
1968 01, 70           six cylinder                           319-1581
1968 15, 17, 19       six cylinder, drum brakes
1968 01, 10           V8, drum brakes                        319-1582
1968 18,              six cylinder, drum brakes
1968  70, 80          V8, drum brakes
1967 15, 16, 17, 19   six cylinder, heavy duty drum*         317-3441
1968 15, 18, 19       six cylinder, heavy duty drum*         319-1582

* To identify six cylinder heavy duty drum brakes, measure the length of the spindle bolts. Normal duty brakes have spindle bolts that are 2-1/8" and 3-1/4", heavy duty are 2-1/2" and 3-5/8".

I don't have any measurements for any of these but hopefully it will help compiling the list.

Matt

-------------
1967 American wagon

http://www.mattsoldcars.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.mattsoldcars.com

Date Posted: Mar/17/2010 at 7:18pm
Sorry Kermit. Not looking for Part Numbers. I HAVE all kinds of part numbers.

What's most important right now is the distance between the inner and outer wheel bearings and how many spindles are the same in that regard. I think Red Devil came up with about 3.15 inches on a '79 Concord spindle and I think that's in the Ball Park of where we need to be.

So ANYBODY  that has a disc or drum spindle, older or newer suspension, PLEASE take some measurments!  See Below:

Date Posted: Mar/17/2010 at 8:24pm
Actually, 3.12" ... and double-checked and that is about the limit with the spindle I measured and still be able to get the washer, nut, lock and cotter key in.  Hope this helps, RD.

Posted By: prostreetamx
Date Posted: Mar/17/2010 at 8:45pm

72 drum spindle M=3.073 with bearing installed.

74 KH disc spindle M= 2.886 w/ smaller bearing installed and measured to flange. I can't find lower bearing that fits this larger diameter spindle.

Unknown loose drum spindle, M= 2.969 with both bearings installed.

Note that these measurements are without the hub installed which will probably increase M slightly with bearing preload. Both my drum spindles have a 1.25 rear bearing diameter and a .750 front bearing diameter. The KH disc takes set 2 and set 6 bearings with a 1.375 rear and .865 front bearing diameter. These measurements are at the bearing mounting locations on the shaft.

-------------
Richard Payne

Las Vegas,NV

72 5.7 Hemi Javelin

77 Prostreet 401/727 AMX,

[/URL]

Posted By: Javelin_GT
Date Posted: Mar/17/2010 at 8:45pm
Not trying to high jack your thread but here are my spindles that I had made from a stock car GN spindle.

Date Posted: Mar/17/2010 at 9:26pm
Now those are spindles!! Thumbs Up 

Kinda makes you question the strength of the stock spindle?

Posted By: needafasterAMX
Date Posted: Mar/17/2010 at 11:05pm
I am going to go out on a plank here.

I believe that all the spindles are the same from the small end to the back of the seal surface, It is the mounting plate that is different , The spindle mounting plate comes in assorted  thickness.

Thats all I can see with all the spindle that I have.

Exception to that rule, Is the two or three year of the bendix big brakes.
Which used bigger bearings.

There was a thread started some where with the part # and the mounting
thickness of some of the spindles with pictures.
I have been looking for it, But no luck. I believe it was on the other forum. 

-------------
74 AMX, 401
Viper spec T56 6 speed trans
Hydroboost brakes with rear disks from a Avenger
3:73 TG rear,now Trutrac with 3:15
A Turbo is in my future.

Posted By: Steve_P
Date Posted: Mar/18/2010 at 5:42am
dimension M in your drawing is controlled by the rotor and possibly also the bearings.  It is not directly impacted by the spindle.  if you want the M dimension you should be measuring rotors. 

Posted By: billd
Date Posted: Mar/18/2010 at 6:50am
Inner bearing seats against the larger spindle diameter.
The outer bearing is free to slide on the spindle - accounts for different bearing and race tolerances (cup and cone to some folks).
You could use a spindle that was slightly longer or shorter, or a drum or rotor that was slightly thicker or thinner in bearing spacing since the outer bearing is free to slide in or out, restricted only by the race in the inside, the nut/washer on the outside.

-------------

http://theamcpages.com" rel="nofollow - http://theamcpages.com

http://antique-engines.com" rel="nofollow - http://antique-engines.com

Date Posted: Mar/18/2010 at 8:02am
Limitation on the outer bearing is the cotter pin location - can't go beyond and can't go much shorter and still have satisfactory engagement.  Too short and you also run out of threads ... but could use a thicker washer.  Needs to be measured more closely, but there should be a real manufacturing drawing somewhere ... must be something for the drum and disc manufacturers to get the hub spacing right?   Then just need to confirm what years use same discs or drums and if later ones fit earlier spindles.
Hope this helps, RD. 

Date Posted: Mar/18/2010 at 8:07am
Originally posted by billd billd wrote:

Inner bearing seats against the larger spindle diameter.
The outer bearing is free to slide on the spindle - accounts for different bearing and race tolerances (cup and cone to some folks).
You could use a spindle that was slightly longer or shorter, or a drum or rotor that was slightly thicker or thinner in bearing spacing since the outer bearing is free to slide in or out, restricted only by the race in the inside, the nut/washer on the outside.
I agree that the numbers I provided are variable depending on the hub being installed. I do have a few loose drum hubs as well as a KH disc. I also noticed that while the outer bearing shaft size is smaller on the drum spindles, the bearing shared the outer race diameter. The disc spindle is a little beefier but not nearly as beefy as the ones pictured above. I don't agree that the only difference is in the later bigger bearing versions being the only different ones. Mine are all early 70's units. I do have a 77 AMX I can measuse, but it is on the car. I believe it's 78 that had another change. It might be as simple as a bearing swap, no mater what spindle you have, but I think a brake kit might have to include a common spindle for all if the bearing swap doesn't produce an outer race common size.

-------------
Richard Payne

Las Vegas,NV

72 5.7 Hemi Javelin

[/URL]

Date Posted: Mar/18/2010 at 8:27am
If they do a new spindle, I vote for a bigger bearing than the 1.25" ... but then we're starting to ask a fair bit of a kit and pushing up the price even more.  My '74 KH discs have 1.25" inner, 0.75" outer - same bearings as the '79.  Be nice if the bigger AMC spindle was still available ... but it's still not on the scale of the stock car spindle shown on pg.1 ... and the 35mm bearing actually has a slightly lower rating than the 1.25".
Hope this helps, RD.

Date Posted: Mar/18/2010 at 1:15pm
My KH spindle measurements are bigger than the 1.25 and .75 indicated above. My KH spindle is 1.377 and .865. The measurement just provided match my drum spindles. I believe I have found 2 different KH spindles since the ones on my Javelin are from a 74 and I think they are different also. I know the spindle I measured as a KH version is a disc version since the mounting flange is only .896 thick, while my 2 different drum spindles have a 1.280 and a 1.265 mounting flange thickness.

-------------
Richard Payne

Las Vegas,NV

72 5.7 Hemi Javelin

[/URL]

Date Posted: Mar/18/2010 at 1:42pm
Thanks guys for all the help!

My '71 KH car will be going over to Wilwood for potential prototyping maybe next week.

I doubt making a new spindle is feasable cost wise. That's why getting the "M" measurements are important in this process. Just for the KH spindle, I may have found a minimum of 5 off the shelf Wilwood hubs that may work depending on the offset. Even then, minor adjustments could be made depending on the thickness of the new Caliper bracket.

I still need the "M" measurements for the Pre '70 disc spindle, the '75-'78 Bendix spindle and the '79 up spindle that goes back to the smaller bearings.

Posted By: forest
Date Posted: Mar/18/2010 at 7:08pm
I have a set of spindles off a concord with the KH brakes I think. I could possibly ship them out to wilwood if Im promised them back....

-------------
setting guys out by car lengths....

Date Posted: Mar/18/2010 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Steve_P Steve_P wrote:

dimension M in your drawing is controlled by the rotor and possibly also the bearings.  It is not directly impacted by the spindle.  if you want the M dimension you should be measuring rotors. 

I understand that aspect of the dimension.

I'm simply trying to dial in various measurements to potentially make Wilwood kits utilizing the most off the shelf parts available to keep the costs down. I will know more what pieces play a role once a car is digitized.

Posted By: Nashty401
Date Posted: Mar/18/2010 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by forest forest wrote:

I have a set of spindles off a concord with the KH brakes I think. I could possibly ship them out to wilwood if Im promised them back....

Correct me if I'm wrong but Concords built from 1978 to '83 were in the "Bendix" brake era although in '79 AMC went back to the smaller wheel bearings from the larger ones from '75 to '78.

Posted By: forest
Date Posted: Mar/19/2010 at 8:43am
hmmm could be. I do not have a confirmed source for the brakes, just that they are KN brakes, and they supposedly came off a concord...    could have been anything fron a small car being as they fit my hornet well..

-------------
setting guys out by car lengths....

Posted By: purple72Gremlin
Date Posted: Mar/19/2010 at 11:30am
think 1977-81 used the same set up...........but one of the bearings is a differnt size on the 1977-78........

Date Posted: Mar/19/2010 at 2:33pm

AFAIK, all drum cars, up to 74 discs and 79 up discs used the 1.25", 0.75" bearings.  For sure the '74 KH on my Javelin and the '79 Bendix use the 1.25"/0.75" bearing.  The  75-78 with Bendix calipers use 35 mm (1.378"), 22 mm (0.866") bearings ... but some '78 may be the 1.25", 0.75"?? 

When I put a set of '78 discs on my '73 Hornet with drums, I swapped spindles ... but it was a long time ago, so don't remember for sure if they used different bearings?  I've got another '78 Concord and an '82 Concord, so will have to check.  The '82 uses the GM type caliper with rubber bushings that slides on pins similar to the KH .   Have no idea what the Eagles or large body AMCs use??

Hope this helps, RD.

Date Posted: Mar/19/2010 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Red Devil Red Devil wrote:

AFAIK, all drum cars, up to 74 discs and 79 up discs used the 1.25", 0.75" bearings.  For sure the '74 KH on my Javelin and the '79 Bendix use the 1.25"/0.75" bearing.  The  75-78 with Bendix calipers use 35 mm (1.378"), 22 mm (0.866") bearings ... but some '78 may be the 1.25", 0.75"?? 

When I put a set of '78 discs on my '73 Hornet with drums, I swapped spindles ... but it was a long time ago, so don't remember for sure if they used different bearings?  I've got another '78 Concord and an '82 Concord, so will have to check.  The '82 uses the GM type caliper with rubber bushings that slides on pins similar to the KH .   Have no idea what the Eagles or large body AMCs use??

Hope this helps, RD.

RD you are right and are helping. The Devil is in the detailsWink and I need more details! I'm probably 90% sure this is going to happen with Wilwood kits and we think there are simple cost effective ways around variances in spindles and offsets.

I'm still looking for approximate Distance "M" on a number of spindles I'm less concerned about the pad thickness. There are ways around that.

'67 to '69 AMX's, Javelins and Americans
'75 to '78 larger bearing spindles
'79 on up spindles

Date Posted: Mar/19/2010 at 4:11pm
Perhaps a measurement from the inner bearing shoulder of the spindle to the inside edge of the hole for the cotter pin would be a good gauge?  Then with thickness of nut, lock and washer you can determine the max spacing?  IIRC, both bearing sets have the same cup OD, so could maybe use a common hub, bearings to suit and use a thicker or thinner washer or shims between nut and washer to adjust for any variance in spindles?   Once the hub is set, the caliper brackets should be straight forward. 

It will be a couple weeks before I get a chance to check the other cars,  but hoping the '78 does have the larger spindle as I'd be more comfortable using it in a sticky-tire performance application ... but that stock car spindle and stock car hub looks like the ticket for serious racing.

Hope this helps, RD.

Date Posted: Mar/19/2010 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Red Devil Red Devil wrote:

Perhaps a measurement from the inner bearing shoulder of the spindle to the inside edge of the hole for the cotter pin would be a good gauge?  Then with thickness of nut, lock and washer you can determine the max spacing?  IIRC, both bearing sets have the same cup OD, so could maybe use a common hub, bearings to suit and use a thicker or thinner washer or shims between nut and washer to adjust for any variance in spindles?   Once the hub is set, the caliper brackets should be straight forward. 

It will be a couple weeks before I get a chance to check the other cars,  but hoping the '78 does have the larger spindle as I'd be more comfortable using it in a sticky-tire performance application ... but that stock car spindle and stock car hub looks like the ticket for serious racing.

Hope this helps, RD.

In my research, I may have found a couple of off the shelf Wilwood hubs that MAY work for the larger bearing spindles. Time will tell. Sooner if I get measurements!

Date Posted: Mar/19/2010 at 6:34pm
I assumed my larger bearing spindle was for a KH disc since I haven't had any other donars available for many years. It's definatly a disc spindle due to it's thinner mounting flange, but I have made several trailers over the years with AMC spindles and drum hubs, so one might have gotten mixed up. I don't ever recall pulling one off a later disc car. My Javelin has KH brakes and my 77 has a different style totally but I have never measured that spindle.

-------------
Richard Payne

Las Vegas,NV

72 5.7 Hemi Javelin

[/URL]

Date Posted: Mar/27/2010 at 10:29pm
Got a chance to measure the '82 Concord and '78 Concord.  The '82 was same as '79 with the 1.25" / 0.75" bearings and 1.685" seal.   The '78 uses larger 1.377" / 0.866" bearings and 1.94" seal.  The mounting offsets are otherwise the same.   The maximum "M" dimension is also about the same at approx. 3.12".  The optimal "M" dimension seems to be approx. 3.10" 

The larger spindle would seem to be a better choice for a Wilwood brake kit, assuming you can find a pair, unless just going for small rotors and entry-level calipers.  Maybe use the big spindle with the 3.02" Granada hub with a shim between nut and washer to get the spacing right for the cotter pin to fully engage the lock?  There's a fair bit of clearance to allow reduced spacing, but not much to increase spacing without a bit of modification to the cotter pin hole or a thinner washer or nut.

http://www.wilwood.com/HubList2.aspx?subname=&minorname=&bc=&bearset=&dimm=3.02 - http://www.wilwood.com/HubList2.aspx?subname=&minorname=&bc=&bearset=&dimm=3.02
http://www.wilwood.com/HubList2.aspx?subname=&minorname=&bc=&bearset=&dimm=3.13 - http://www.wilwood.com/HubList2.aspx?subname=&minorname=&bc=&bearset=&dimm=3.13

Hope this helps, RD.

Posted By: 70 71 72 AMXs
Date Posted: Mar/28/2010 at 12:39pm
Not to redirect the subject, but had you considered using any of the late model rotors without the hub attached? When I converted my drum brake Javelin to disc, I removed the drum from the hub and used a Jeep wrangler rotor on it. They even offer this rotor in a drilled and slotted version for that race car look! I had started with the ScareBird disc kit, but did not like the tiny Ford Ranger rotor they used or the shim that was needed to place the Ford rotor on the AMC spindle. My version keeps the stock bearings and grease seal.

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: Mar/28/2010 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by 70 71 72 AMXs 70 71 72 AMXs wrote:

Not to redirect the subject, but had you considered using any of the late model rotors without the hub attached? When I converted my drum brake Javelin to disc, I removed the drum from the hub and used a Jeep wrangler rotor on it. They even offer this rotor in a drilled and slotted version for that race car look! I had started with the ScareBird disc kit, but did not like the tiny Ford Ranger rotor they used or the shim that was needed to place the Ford rotor on the AMC spindle. My version keeps the stock bearings and grease seal.

The point for this is working to get "Wilwood" to create some killer brakes for AMC's instead of "Boneyarding" a set. I am trying to get details so Wilwood can possibly work with existing off the shelf hubs to keep the costs down and make it beneficial for all partys involved.

Date Posted: Mar/28/2010 at 1:43pm
Thanks for the help Red Devil.

It would be nice to see some "Drum" spindles like the photos you have and compare them especially the mounting pad thickness.

Posted By: FuzzFace2
Date Posted: Mar/28/2010 at 4:12pm

I am thinking the mounting pads are all the same thickness as I think they all use the same bolts. I do have a set of drum & 4 piston spindles in storage attached to the knuckles along with the rotors/drums still attached. Would take time to dig them out and pull apart for measurements if needed.

See we have 2 of them so far and it will always be the one we need to use is not the one we have! I say when they offer a “kit” and that kit uses 1 of the AMC spindles they should also offer one just in case as this is what the down fall seams to be with any “kit” for AMC.

Once we get measurements from a drum spindle we will then know if any of them might work with a Wilwood hub & hat.

Dave ----

-------------
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car

Date Posted: Mar/28/2010 at 6:50pm
The drum spindle mounting surface is thicker since they don't need the caliper mounting bracket sandwiched between the suspoension and spindle. The McKintire kit has you sending in your drum spindles to have them machined thinner or adding the caliper mounting bracket would increase your front track width.

-------------
Richard Payne

Las Vegas,NV

72 5.7 Hemi Javelin

[/URL]

Date Posted: Mar/28/2010 at 7:09pm

Measured a Bendix caliper bracket and it is 0.510" thick.  The disc spindles measured 0.884" to 0.894", so combined thickness is around 1.4"?  Is the drum spindle about that same height?  Are disc spindles hard to find, particularly the larger bearing ones, 'cause that would be my choice.

Posted By: FuzzFace2
Date Posted: Mar/28/2010 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by prostreetamx prostreetamx wrote:

The drum spindle mounting surface is thicker since they don't need the caliper mounting bracket sandwiched between the suspoension and spindle. The McKintire kit has you sending in your drum spindles to have them machined thinner or adding the caliper mounting bracket would increase your front track width.
By how much a 1/4" or 1/2" at most on each side? 
Now you got me wondering on them going to see if I can dig them out.
Dave ----

-------------
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car

Date Posted: Mar/28/2010 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by FuzzFace2 FuzzFace2 wrote:

I am thinking the mounting pads are all the same thickness as I think they all use the same bolts. I do have a set of drum & 4 piston spindles in storage attached to the knuckles along with the rotors/drums still attached. Would take time to dig them out and pull apart for measurements if needed.

See we have 2 of them so far and it will always be the one we need to use is not the one we have! I say when they offer a “kit” and that kit uses 1 of the AMC spindles they should also offer one just in case as this is what the down fall seams to be with any “kit” for AMC.

Once we get measurements from a drum spindle we will then know if any of them might work with a Wilwood hub & hat.

Dave ----

I believe the mounting pads between drum and disc brakes are different and maybe thicker on the drum spindles. This is what I'm trying to find out.

So FuzzFace, if you have some drum spindles, measure the "M" distance AND the mounting pad thickness.

Thanks.

Date Posted: Mar/28/2010 at 8:49pm
The early drum spindles I have are 1.265" thick while the disc spindle I have is .90" thick. I would think a caliper bracket should be at least 3/8" thick for strength but a better grade of steel could be thinner. I already posted the M dimension on page one for these spindles. I also found a few more loose bearings and I do have a loose KH disc along with a few loose drum hubs that I already removed the drum from.

-------------
Richard Payne

Las Vegas,NV

72 5.7 Hemi Javelin

[/URL]

Posted By: farna
Date Posted: Apr/02/2010 at 10:05am
Needafasteramx is correct -- distance "M" is the same depending on the bearing set used. There were two bearing sets -- for all practical purposes "small" (A2/A6) and "large"(A16/A17). ALL AMCs use one of those two bearing sets -- period.

All drum and the 65-70 Bendix discs used the small bearing set. I don't recall about the K-H discs, but the 75-76 (through 78 for Matador) "Big Bendix" 3.1" piston disc brakes used the big bearing set. Oh yeah, 77-78 small cars used the big bearings with the small Bendix 2.6" calipers -- those are odd balls! 79-83 small cars use the small spindle.

There is a difference in the base height of the spindles. Richard has it backwards -- the disc spindles are thicker than drum. Has to do with the offset of the caliper and clearing the steering knuckle, not the addition of the caliper mounting bracket (which would be the logical conclusion!).

There are several base heights used over the years to change the offset of the rotor and track of the front end. Too many minor changes there to document. Part numbers don't help -- sometimes there is just a change of part number for no apparent reason, probably just to streamline the part number system on occasion.

TomJ did some research a while back. Though it's a bit inconclusive, it does provide a general overview. See http://wps.com/AMC/spindles.html

-------------
Frank Swygert

Posted By: 6t8amxetc
Date Posted: Apr/07/2010 at 6:20pm
I sure hope Wilwood's kit is more reasonably priced than this one! That is a bunch of $$$ for a front only kit!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160420904019&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Date Posted: Apr/07/2010 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by 6t8amxetc 6t8amxetc wrote:

I sure hope Wilwood's kit is more reasonably priced than this one! That is a bunch of $$$ for a front only kit!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160420904019&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

That's what we are trying to take care of as far as cost factor. I think my car will be going over to Wilwood next week for prototyping.

Posted By: poormansMACHINE
Date Posted: Apr/07/2010 at 6:45pm
For that much I would insist on brake lines, not break lines.

Posted By: 6t8amxetc
Date Posted: Apr/07/2010 at 6:53pm

That's what we are trying to take care of as far as cost factor. I think my car will be going over to Wilwood next week for prototyping.
[/QUOTE]

That is great! I am awaiting the results. Sure wish I could get my car built by the prototype process some of you lucky individuals are participating in! LOL!

Date Posted: Apr/07/2010 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by 6t8amxetc 6t8amxetc wrote:

That is great! I am awaiting the results. Sure wish I could get my car built by the prototype process some of you lucky individuals are participating in! LOL!
[/QUOTE]

I'm really not looking to get brakes out of it. My friend works at Wilwood and just trying to get some kits made.

I have a feeling the other guy heard about my post and is trying to make hay while the sun shines!!

Posted By: farna
Date Posted: Apr/07/2010 at 7:57pm
An Aerospace kit is better priced than that one! Part of the reason for the big price tag is the billet AMC hub though. Aerospace makes a billet hub too as far as I remember... or they may have found a hub that fits the AMC spindle and made up any difference with the caliper mount (but I don't think so!).  There are some guys in one of the Texas AMC clubs running Mustang II spindles, but the offset of the rotor is different and they had to make spacers or custom brackets (don't recall which) to mount the calipers. I don't recall any details, but I think it's the small bearing spindle (drum brake/79-83 disc) that the MII bearings work on. I don't recall if a spacer or anything like that was needed on the spindle. 

-------------
Frank Swygert

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net