Print Page | Close Window

250-327 4 barrel intake wanted

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping
Forum Name: Wanted
Forum Description: Looking for a car or parts? This is the place to post your wanted ad
URL: http://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=106404
Printed Date: Aug/04/2020 at 12:58pm

Topic: 250-327 4 barrel intake wanted
Posted By: Cricket
Subject: 250-327 4 barrel intake wanted
Date Posted: Jun/24/2020 at 10:24pm
I know, I had 2 of them with original carbs and air cleaners, and sold them a few years ago, and now I want one again. I just want an intake(no carb or air cleaner needed), and prefer an early one, as I want to use my Rochester 4 jet carb off my 1964 283 Chebby on it without an adapter, so I am thinking 1957 to ?? Thanks for any help.
Cricket

Replies:
Posted By: Rebel327
Date Posted: Jun/25/2020 at 5:37am
The Early 327 4 bbl intakes have a carb flange bolt pattern smaller than a Holley 4150.  I have one willing to sell if that is what u need...or later one.

Date Posted: Jun/25/2020 at 8:30am
Early preferred, as my Rochester has the same base bolt pattern as the WCFB. P.M. replied to. Thanks.

Date Posted: Jun/26/2020 at 1:03pm
Look like price has gone up a bit in the 4 years since I sold mine. Guess I will keep looking. Thanks.

Posted By: Ramblerholic
Date Posted: Jun/26/2020 at 9:07pm
P.M. Sent

Date Posted: Jun/28/2020 at 6:50am
Originally posted by Ramblerholic Ramblerholic wrote:

P.M. Sent
Replied, LMK. Thanks!

Posted By: Heavy 488
Date Posted: Jun/28/2020 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Cricket Cricket wrote:

Look like price has gone up a bit in the 4 years since I sold mine.
Rare parts don't usually get less expensive over time.

Posted By: easydean
Date Posted: Jun/28/2020 at 9:17am
What is your budget? I have one as well.

Posted By: PROSTOCKTOM
Date Posted: Jun/28/2020 at 9:33am
What is the going rate for one today?

Tom

-------------
1949 Ford Business Coupe
1969 AMC Rambler Rouge, Tube Chassis Race Car
1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback, Wally Booth Outlaw NPS Race Car Project
1980 Ford Fairmont Futura
1990 Ford F-350 Supercab Dually

Date Posted: Jun/28/2020 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Heavy 488 Heavy 488 wrote:

Originally posted by Cricket Cricket wrote:

Look like price has gone up a bit in the 4 years since I sold mine.
Rare parts don't usually get less expensive over time.
The problem is, I don't consider them rare, especially considering the number of PM's I have received, and many not even posting they have one, just shooting me a PM, and some are nice;
Point being, in the last year, I have seen several people talk about these intakes like they want to sell them, but there are no takers, and they actually say, and I quote "can't seem to give them away", BUT, as soon as someone expresses an interest, they suddenly get Rare, and turn a nice shade of Golden, if you know what I mean. I am expressing an interest, and have received some good prices, and some high, but no-one is trying to take advantage, so all good people. I am trying to weigh my options between putting on a 2100 series carb from a 1969 290, or going 4 barrel. The easiness factor says just put on the 2 barrel, the old hot rod in me says 4 barrel, the skinny pocket (and wife) says sell the car, and wait for something else down the road, like the 69 Ambassador SST 2 Door I have an eye on - SOO, I will see how this plays out, and go from there.
Thanks,
Cricket

Date Posted: Jun/29/2020 at 4:50am
Wonder what somebody willing to pay for the 327 4 bbl intake.  I know 3 guys wanting $300-350.   Seems to be market price.   When I sell one I degrease it, bead blast, chase all threads and at least high heat primer it.  Labor and materials should be worth something...no?  Just curious. 

Posted By: Heavy 488
Date Posted: Jun/29/2020 at 7:24am
Originally posted by Rebel327 Rebel327 wrote:

Labor and materials should be worth something...no?  Just curious. 

The dreaded rambler mentality.  Should have gone up more than 10 bucks since it was  made.

Date Posted: Jun/29/2020 at 8:08am

Wonder what somebody willing to pay for the 327 4 bbl intake.  I know 3 guys wanting $300-350.   Seems to be market price.   When I sell one I degrease it, bead blast, chase all threads and at least high heat primer it.  Labor and materials should be worth something...no?  Just curious. 

I get your point, and understand value, guess I am just deterred by my own experience, and what I have heard a few others talk about. Shipping on a manifold weighing so much, sometimes offsets even a great deal. I am still weighing options, and will likely make a decision in a week or so, probably going to just put on my rebuilt 2100 series 2 barrel, and see how she does before going further.
Thanks a lot for all the replies, information, and offers.

Posted By: vetteson
Date Posted: Jun/29/2020 at 8:11pm
I found mine ('57) in a junk yard/ It actually came of a '57 Hudson. $150 plus ship. Only year using WCFB. Now If could only find the right carb. Very similar to Chevy of same era.

Date Posted: Jun/30/2020 at 11:30am
Originally posted by vetteson vetteson wrote:

I found mine ('57) in a junk yard/ It actually came of a '57 Hudson. $150 plus ship. Only year using WCFB. Now If could only find the right carb. Very similar to Chevy of same era.

Sorry, I thought it was for sale. Thanks for clarifying. Let me know the base attaching measurements, and maybe my carb will work, and I will just sell it to you Cool

Posted By: vetteson
Date Posted: Jul/01/2020 at 9:32am
No, I want a WCFB as close to the Rebel's as possible.

Date Posted: Jul/01/2020 at 9:50am
Originally posted by vetteson vetteson wrote:

No, I want a WCFB as close to the Rebel's as possible.
I have a few from when I was trying to build a 2x4 setup for a friends early vette. I will look, so let me know the baseplate dimensions, to verify.

Date Posted: Jul/01/2020 at 6:42pm
The Early flange pattern is 4.250 x 5.625"
Fyi

Date Posted: Jul/01/2020 at 8:27pm

The Early flange pattern is 4.250 x 5.625"
Fyi
Cool, Thanks. Now I will dig around, and see what I have.
Cricket

Date Posted: Jul/09/2020 at 9:58pm
Well, I am a happy person, as  http://theamcforum.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=9076" rel="nofollow - cadiac  offered me an intake at a great deal, and offered me an air cleaner, also. I bought both, and I couldnt be happier.
Thanks to everyone who made offers.
Cricket

Print Page | Close Window