Print Page | Close Window

1967 rebel sst

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping
Forum Name: AMC Cars For Sale
Forum Description: *COMPLETE* AMC cars/Jeeps only. Member cars only. NO parts cars or non-AMC
URL: http://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=105983
Printed Date: Aug/12/2020 at 10:22am

Topic: 1967 rebel sst
Posted By: Dustintf522
Subject: 1967 rebel sst
Date Posted: May/30/2020 at 9:00am
Hello AMC'ers! I'm downsizing houses and I need to move some stuff. One of the things moving would be my rebel. Cry only 72,xxx on the clock! I do drive this car daily to work and back. So itll probably have a few more miles on it.
Its gotta go! I figured it would be out of respect to post it on here first. 
I have a replaced many pieces and parts.
I do have the orginal carb (damned 2209 holley) dizzy,steelwheels(all 5),breather,alternator (35amp) 
I have replaced a laundry list of things. From front end things to brakes, to  bushings. Dead Rebuilt vacuum wiper motor, new weather stripping around both doors and roof rails. Front end has all new bushings, ball joints, one rebuilt trunnion, one new trunnion. Power steering Was rebuilt and seems to Still be leaking, steering box has a line that's leaking. No matter how tight I get it, the line still leaks! 
New shocks even though they are starting to squeak!(with less the 1000 miles on them!)
New brake booster, new brake master cylinde, new wheel cylinders all around, new lines all around, power drums all around.
And the list goes on, Some body work that needs done to the vechile. I have been honest about listening the vechile. In front of the rear tire, On both sides there is some rust. (I just turned 95% of everyone away) but it's not bad. Theres none behide the rocker. Just in front. I'm guessing because the window drains down that way. Anything else just ask, phone number at the bottom! 

5,000 asking. And quite firm. I've done alot of work to this vechile and yes it could always use more. But I believe my asking price is reasonable.

Electric Fan Is by american voltage, 17" pulls 3000cfm in puller mode.
(Car currently has metal fan on, like it did from the factory)

If there are any questions feel free to ask! 

My name is dustin. 1-513-849-7526

Replies:
Posted By: Tarbaby
Date Posted: May/30/2020 at 9:08am
What’s your asking price.

-------------
Frank Alarcon

Date Posted: May/30/2020 at 10:38am
No idea what the vaule is. So I'll say 6000, obo? 

Posted By: PrimedAMX
Date Posted: May/30/2020 at 12:00pm
What engine?

Date Posted: May/30/2020 at 12:28pm
The engine is a two barrel 290. I currently have a 350cfm two barrel holley carb on it. And it runs pretty well with this set up. Might run a little better with a Small four barrel. Like a 500cfm holley or edelbrock. 

Trans is a 35m or 37m? I'm not sure. But it shifts fine and starts everytime. 

Posted By: Tvalinotti
Date Posted: Jun/13/2020 at 5:19am
Hello Dustin
Is the car still for sale?

Date Posted: Jun/13/2020 at 11:12am
Yes. 

Posted By: dylradd
Date Posted: Jun/14/2020 at 11:39am
Looks great, just what I need, timing as usual is off for me....

Date Posted: Jun/26/2020 at 6:07pm
Still for sale. I've come down on the asking price!

Posted By: bricklin1132
Date Posted: Jun/27/2020 at 7:04am
What is the new price?

Posted By: gtoman_us
Date Posted: Jun/27/2020 at 7:39am
Forum rules state you must list the sale price$$.  Go back and edit your origional post.

Ron
Moderator Team.

-------------
I used to collect trophies, more fun to collect gas receipts and put on miles.

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A

1965 GTO

1931 Model A Ford

"Flat Roofs are Cool"

Date Posted: Jun/27/2020 at 8:25am
Rules is rules. 5k. 

Posted By: Needhelp
Date Posted: Jun/27/2020 at 6:02pm
I bought a new 67 except for  the black vinyl top (mine was a dark metallic brown). Been wanting one of these for years but not feasable at this time , good luck with your sale 

-------------
Butch Lyons-Hastings,Nebraska
1963 Ambassador 880 4dr
1965 Classic Convertible, 327

Posted By: REBEL MACHIINE
Date Posted: Jul/02/2020 at 11:00pm
hi, sorry you have to sell... I would love to get her back to the glory days and drive it, I have a 15 yr old, will be great to do together, I have other AMC to keep her company. I can send money asap as long as she runs and stops I can go from there.

Thank you

Rich S

Date Posted: Jul/02/2020 at 11:02pm
if you'll take $4,500. ill buy it LMK Done deal

Thanks

Posted By: george w
Date Posted: Jul/03/2020 at 6:17pm
Rebel Machine, where in Jersey are you ?

-------------
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.

Date Posted: Jul/03/2020 at 7:11pm
Hi George, Iam at Long Valley, 07853

Date Posted: Jul/03/2020 at 7:19pm
Justin, I never received your location for shipping.

I have a few AMC and just think they are great... My 15 yr old want a car for 17, saved up 4K to find a local car daily driver / fixer upper , saw your car and they fell in love with it. So Iam willing to help by offering the $,500 and cover the shipping. Its cool they wanted an AMC  so hopefully it works out.

Iam here, we are looking, ill wait to hear from you, I could FEdEX a cashiers check

you do have a clear title. correct?

Thanks,

Rich S.

Date Posted: Jul/03/2020 at 8:49pm
I know it may sound like I am being a bit petty. But I am standing firm on my 5k. If youd like me to hold the vechile for you. That's fine. But I'm not going to take any less. I have done a quite a bit of work replacing/rebuilding the front end along with a list of things I have replaced or rebuilt. I have been honest and I do believe my pricing is fair. If you would like to know how much it would cost for towing. All I can do is give you the zip 45459. I hope you understand. I'm not trying to be a douche about it. Again if youd like I'll make you the first priority. 

Date Posted: Jul/03/2020 at 9:01pm
Hey George, 

Hopefully your close to Long Valley....when you get a chance reach out, you seem to be pretty knowledgeable on the AMC, I need info. I have collected for quite a few years bit eclectic, but in the past several years really focused on the AMC as my manufacturer of choice 

I have a 66 Marlin, 327,  survivor, 25k mi. still has the ceramic exhaust...was in storage since 82 from second owner. I need breaks.  2) AMX 390's, 1- GO pack stick, w/ manual steering, AMC   edelbrock manifold,my favorite, and a 390 automatic, a/c power steering restored, .. A 69, SC Rambler "A", and a 70 Machine RWB  worked a bit, but i have original wheels, headers, manifold and rear (not on car) and two front fenders. and just picked up at a farm auction a 72 gremlin original really cool car

Could use some help on where and what to buy for Marlin brakes and tune up, especially your opinion on oil type...

Posted By: george w
Date Posted: Jul/05/2020 at 12:31pm
Nope, not close to Long Valley, I'm down in Williamstown in South Jersey. Going to be at Cecil County races on Saturday. If the Marlin needs brakes you should be able to get what you need from the local auto parts stores.
If the car has the factory Bendix four piston front disc brakes then you should be able to get the pads or rebuilt calipers from any of the usual AMC vendors like Kennedy American or American Parts Depot.
As for motor oil you're on your own on that one ! If you're concerned with having enough zinc content then you can use Valvolene VR series racing oil, Lucas makes a Hot Rod Oil and Hemmings sells old car oil with high zinc content. Shell Rotella for diesel engines is proported to be OK too.

-------------
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.

Print Page | Close Window