Print Page | Close Window

East Coast AMC Day 2019 - Sept 14

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Lounge Area
Forum Name: Upcoming Shows and Events
Forum Description: AMC related shows, auctions or events go here. Announce club events here.
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=101410
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 3:16pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: East Coast AMC Day 2019 - Sept 14
Posted By: 1ManGang
Subject: East Coast AMC Day 2019 - Sept 14
Date Posted: Aug/13/2019 at 9:48pm
East Coast AMC Day is happening at Mason Dixon Dragway in Boonsboro, Md on September 14.  

We want to see all AMC, Rambler, Jeep (AMC and Earlier), Metropolitan, Hudson and Nash.  (If it is in the Standard Catalog of American Motors, it is welcome.)  

There will be:
An AMC Show with 10 Trophies:
A Drag Race with a $300 purse (8 Racer minimum) and Trophy
Vending Area for Rambler, AMC, Jeep, Hudson, Nash parts
We have 6 $25 Dollar Gas Cards (4 to Show Exhibitors, 1 to a Racer and 1 to a Vendor.
50/50 Raffle.

We have T-shirts for $15.00.  Sizes Medium to 3XL.  50 Shirts but more can be ordered.
We have hats and limited quantities of previous event shirts.

Event Fees:
Drag Racing - 
$40 for car, Tech Card and Driver
Elimination round 1 buyback - $20 (we want to see you race!)
Race AMC Powered and AMC Bodied Cars.  If it passes tech, you are on the track and eligible for the Purse.

With 8 entries, $150 to Win, $100 runner up and $25 for 3rd / 4th place.
(Purse Structure will be set at the Meet.)
Donations to the purse will go 100% to the purse.

Car Show
$20 for car and Driver
Points - Judged Car Show.  
"Trophies to the Top 7"
"Best of Show"
"Work in Process"
"Noteworthy Original Car"

Swap Meet Vendors
$20 for Space and 1 admission.

Spectators and Crew $10.  (Children under 12 are free)

Sanctioned by AMO.  Hosted by Potomac Ramblers

Food and Race Gas is available at the Track.  Come out and have a good time.
Rain date set for Sunday, September 15.  

Hotel accommodations available at Days Inn Hagerstown,  1101 Dual Highway (Route 40) Hagerstown, Md 301-733-2700.  USE "AMC Cars" for the $54.99/ night room rate before September 1.  4 miles to the track, trailers OK.  Same deal @ Super 8, across the highway 301-739-5800.

Questions regarding Racing, Show, or Vending will be fielded by Kirby England 443-547-4708  hassyformat@aol.com

Flyer at www.masondixondragway.com or www.potomacrambler.com.  T-Shirt Design 

Replies:
Posted By: hassyfoto
Date Posted: Aug/27/2019 at 5:22am
bump

-------------
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

Posted By: 1970 javi
Date Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 6:45pm
Does anyone know what the local weather forecast is for the 14th? Accuweather is saying rain. 

Date Posted: Sep/12/2019 at 1:49pm
Everyone,
If the track is open, we will be having our event.

Rain date set for Sunday, September 15.

Track updates @ http://www.masondixondragway.com" rel="nofollow - www.masondixondragway.com
or

KNOW BEFORE YOU GO - Text 21003 to 84483
Provides text notifications to your phone regarding happenings at the track,
schedule changes, cancellations, etc.

VR,
Dave Moeller

Date Posted: Sep/13/2019 at 7:55pm
I just looked at weather and it looks pretty good. There is a 20 percent chance of rain between 8 and 10am. That is the highest percentage until 4pm. It also looks like it will be cloudy and maybe get to 80 degrees.

It isn't a sure thing but it is pretty good as far as Maryland Weather goes over the last few years. We hope to see you there.

The Track Website and Text service is still the quickest way to find out what the current track status is.

VR,
Dave Moeller
Norfolk, VA

Posted By: 1970 javi
Date Posted: Sep/14/2019 at 5:47am
Dave, thank you for the reply, it’s a 3.5 hr. drive for us so I just wanted to be sure. We will be on the road shortly and are looking forward to another awesome day of AMC fun!

Date Posted: Sep/17/2019 at 6:13am
It is 4.5 hours for me to get there.

I heard reports of rain in PA on the way to the show but it cleared up and we didn't have any at the track. We had a good time with the Car Show, Vending and Racing. There was another race event that took a number of our regular racers this weekend. A number of the club race cars were down for repairs this year.

We also had some difficulty securing the date with the Track. We will discuss that at our Picnic / Membership meeting on October 19 in Upper Marlboro, MD. We intend to be able to offer more notice of our event next year.

To all the people who came out with their cars, it was good seeing you. To all the people who volunteered their time, we needed the help and really appreciate you volunteering. To the racers and vendors, I hope you got some action and sold some parts. To the spectators, we are glad you came and hope you enjoyed the show. An AMC show means different things to different people.

We had 5 race cars competing on the track. One was chevy powered and he was putting down very respectable times. One car lost a starter after qualifying and could not compete. All 4 racers left with some of the purse. Our $300 purse was split as follows: Winner - $150, Runner up - $100, 3rd & 4th $25.

I sponsored ($100) racing again this year as a penalty for not having a race car. If am not competing, I can be supporting. Shoot, it probably is cheaper to support than compete but I am sure it isn't as much fun as making passes. I encourage more people to consider supporting if you like seeing racing. I have always believed that a car should be functional so either it is driving or it is racing. I appreciate a good looking car but it has to move, go and stop without me pushing it to make me happy.

We will wrap up the event in the next issue of the Potomac Rambler.

We still have some shirts left if you want to have an "East Coast AMC Day" any day you can wear a T-Shirt.

VR,
Dave

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net