TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Poly Armour brake lines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steeters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poly Armour brake lines
    Posted: Apr/25/2009 at 7:43pm
Not a tool as much as a product.  It goes by a few different names depending on the parts shop, but it can usually be found under the name "Poly Armour."  I found out about it on the other forum, and used it myself for the first time today.
It is steel brake, trans, fuel, etc. line that you can bend with your hands.  No tools required if you buy it with the flare nuts.

I had a replace a single brake line and was able to make all the major bends, and little adjustments with my thumb and fingers...and it won't pinch either.  Apparently OEMs are using this type of product too.

You can also buy it in 25' coils and flare your own ends if you need to.  VERY easy to work with.

If i had a complaint, the flare nuts didn't match my master cylinder or blocks so I had to buy some brass fittings to get them to fit.  No big deal though.

Steve
matty 401 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matty 401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2009 at 10:03pm
you can buy those odd sized ends at NAPA if you are making your own lines they also have a short piece with one standard and a different size on the other
72 matador 401 the beast
79 concord 2 door
72 matador 304 grasshopper
68 Rogue 406
93 Cherokee 4.0 5 speed

matt167 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt167 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2009 at 2:44pm
poly Armor is all that my local carquest stocks
w.jackson View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w.jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2009 at 7:35pm
carquest can also get the new copper nickel alloy blend brake line on rolls. it is great. bends super easy and will pretty much never rust. part number nc3300 for 3/16 size and it doesn't cost too much more than the poly armor coated line.
80 spirit
70 amx
steeters View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steeters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2009 at 9:52pm
Good to know...does the copper nickel alloy pinch or crease?...I've found the poly armour to bend with your thumbs and never kink which makes it really easy to work with.  Also, I think the poly armour has a rubber coating on the outside at least...not sure about the inside.

Steve
w.jackson View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w.jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2009 at 9:21am
yes it bends super easy. its one of the things our customers love most about it. we had a trial piece laying on the counter that people bent in and out of all different kinds ot shapes and we would bend it back. took a long time to ruin that piece of brake line.
80 spirit
70 amx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic